--->GDMT--->Totally Tuesday<---

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning GMT

Today I did Low Max. I chose it because I was trying to stay within the P90X frame, and Plyo X works your legs in a similar way. But, wow! did I get a workout today! I maybe should have picked a step workout (haven't done step in 6 weeks) that didn't use 2 risers on each side. I was sweating after the warmup!!:eek: But I made it thru and it was a really good workout! I also drank almost 1 liter during it!! LOL! I'm so happy to be back to doing Cathe workouts:7 :7

Forgot to mention--- the pictures on the blog are great and this is only the practice!!! Soooo psyched!}( }(

I am bummed I bought the wrong cranberry juice, will try and buy the right kind today. I work, and then we have a staff meeting which will be long, we have a guest speaker. Hopefully I will be able to get out before the kids get home and I have to take them to music lessons (tues. is my busy day)

Marcy~ I have been thinking about your dad. How is he? I hope you got to see him or at least speak to him last night! Are you ordering STS? It would be nice, then we all have it!

Gin~Sorry to hear you are still getting headaches. It may be expensive to redo your fillings, but in the long run it would be worth it. How was your workout today? what did you do? Are you doing PS back and bi tomorrow? I will be doing back and bi premix from 4DS. I'm not sure if I want to do it twice or not.

Hi Tracee!

Have a great day!
BBL,
Deanie

Good Morning DMT!

Today was Step Works. Burned 370 calories in 60 min. which tells you how intense it was. But, it is nice to do a little bit easier workout sometimes. I was sweaty though.;-) I was going to also run, but it is raining.
I previewed 2 Timesaver workouts and I forgot that they have Bonus footage that is not on any other dvd. I may like it more than I think. It is on the schedule for next week.

Marcy--I have been thinking about you. How is your dad? Will he need surgery?

Deanie--I am planning on doing PS Legs tomorrow b/c I have more time and it is longer than PS BB. It had been 6 weeks since you had done a step workout? Wow! Glad you enjoyed Low Max. It would be just my luck to have all of my fillings re-done and then not help my headaches!!x( Enjoy your busy day!

Hi Tracee! Hope you are still out there!

Gin:)

Good Morning DGT!

I spoke to my Dad last night. He was in the ER for 12 hours! He sounded so drained. I felt really bad for him. I spoke to him again this morning but he was just trying to get to sleep. Still sounded terrible but he said he felt a bit better. They did a test yesterday on his chest. They wanted to do a stress test but he was too weak. I think they'll be doing another test tomorrow morning. I'll be seeing him tomorrow afternoon. They probably won't know for another couple of days if he needs surgery.

This morning I finally did Fitness with the Pros. I did the intermediate (medium impact) dances - Cha Cha, Samba & Jive and the advanced (high impact) dances - Samba & Jive. They are each separate workouts. I tested my HR for each individual workout. For all of them, I burned 341 calories. I probably would've burned more but I was stopping to write down steps so I could post a review. I liked the higher impact ones better. The lower impact ones were shorter and just as I felt like I was getting into and feeling good, they were over. The intermediate ones were about 10 minutes each, but the advanced ones were between 16-19 minutes. My HR got up to 158 or 89% on the jive. Lots of kicks, double kicks, kick ball changes with chasses back, New York chasses (turning), shuffles, chicken walk (kind of walking with hips turned out), back kicks, etc. I really enjoyed these workouts. I did about 5 mins. of the beginner one on Sunday. I did the waltz which was pretty easy. Edyta was easy to follow in all but sometimes the camera panned up to her face and you couldn't see her doing the steps. There is a tutorial but I didn't bother to look at it. Alec is a background dancer. I found myself looking at his form and style quite a lot. He's really good.

I'm really finding I do better with lower impact workouts like dance. For example, I weighed and took my body fat percentages this morning. I weighted 124.8 with 30% body fat but after exercise (and 341 calories burned) it went down to 124.6# and 26.6% body fat. Whereas on the day I did IMAX 3, I started out at 123.2# with 28.6% body fat, and after exercise (503 calories burned), I weighed 123.4# and 27.8% body fat. I know they keep saying intervals are best. For me they're great calorie burners but all the happens is I'm real thirsty and get real hungry afterwards so all that hard work goes down the drain (although I do get to work on my endurance). Usually after dancing on Thursday and doing Legs & Back on Friday, my body fat (always lower in early evening) is down to 21%. If I could just behave with my eating on the weekends, things would be much better.

Deanie - Low Max always gives me a great workout - a real calorie burner. I admit it was a little strange doing step after not having done it for almost 3 months. But I love step so it's always nice to get back to it. Yes, I will be ordering STS today! I am determined to keep my lenten promise. No buying workouts for 40 days! (But I will trade if I can!) I do like what I see so far in the blog as far as the exercises. I'm glad men will be in these workouts.

Gin - I would also worry about having all the fillings redone and still having the headaches. A lot of money and pain for something that might not work. Has any other doctor told you to get your fillings redone? I would probably get another opinion before I went through the ordeal. Step Works is my favorite workout on Cardio Hits but I have so many other fun step workouts, I don't get to do that one that often.

Hi Tracee!

Marcy

Hi guys

Have you all been reading all the posts (okay, one:) ) on the boards about less cardio? I did get good results with 4DS, and thats only 2 hours total cardio. I also don't think its high intensity (like Imax 3) but I could be wrong.

Marcy~ I'm glad your dad is feeling better. The fact they didn't rush him into surgery last night is a good sign. Its probably good to rotate hi and low impact workouts. I can tell you, I was happy today was a low impact day. I really have to be in the mood for high impact.

Gin~ Step works is fun! Sometimes its nice to do a step workout, just sweat, and not work sooo hard. That's one of her earlier ones where you don't have to remember the first combo at the end- right? You just learn the combo and forget it? Sometimes, by the time I've learned the last combo,I forgot the first steps of the first combo!!

Deanie

Hi Again!

My father has pneumonia. I know that doesn't so good but I'm glad he didn't have another heart attack. They're giving him antibiotics and he's feeling a little better. They're still planning on doing the test on his aorta. It turns out it's not invasive surgery after all (don't know what it entails but my Dad said it's a new procedure).

I also got a call from my broker today. My buyer signed her contract with her buyer and put down a down payment so she told him to tell us "her house is as good as sold". Although I won't believe it until I at least have a signed contract. I hope things can be signed by the end of the week because we're planning on going down next Wednesday (I guess I won't be getting in my full rotation). We just don't want to wait anymore.

Deanie - I saw the article about cardio/strength training. I've read similar articles and I have to agree, strength training wins out. I guess I also do better with lower impact, since it's not breaking down the muscle as much and it's not depleting my protein stores which eats up the muscle tissue.

I can't stay on any more right now. I'm off to order STS! My poor CC!

Marcy

Good Afternoon!

Marcy--Hoping your dad will recover quickly . Is he in the hospital? I'll bet he and your mom are worn out! Are you able to see them any time soon? Good news about your house. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Yeah to orderng STS! Which Cathe workout is considered low impact? Most are not, right? No other dr. has told me to have my fillings replaced, except for this one and my dentist. He said 2 were old. The neurologists just wanted to treat the symptoms of my headaches, not find the cause.

Deanie--Where is the post about less cardio? I couldn't find it. Maybe I should try more low intensity/ low impact. Q---If all I can lift for say chest press is 17# dbls, is that considered heavy weight for me? In other words, is it all relative to the individual?

I almost flung my scale out the window this morning! Just kidding. I'm really not the violent type!:7 But I am up 4 lbs. from last week? How is that possible?? It took me 4 weeks to get that off. I only weigh once a week. Maybe I should just go by how my clothes feel!x(

Gin:)

Hi Again!

Gin - Here's the link to the article:

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=733&mesg_id=733&page=

Low Impact Cardio in 4DS, Low Impact Step, Low Max are all low intensity, mid to high impact. Actually, don't know about Low Impact Step but since it's more of an intermediate workout, I would tend to think it's lower in impact.

I would go by how your clothes feel. I know how you love to run, but maybe after reading the article, you might just want to do a bit less. I know it's hard when you love something so much. I couldn't let up on my dancing either. My weight fluctuates throughout the month between 122-125. So I wouldn't worry too much. Did you try the cranberry/lemon juice drink yet?

I really think it should be finding the cause for the headaches first and then treating them. Wouldn't that make more sense?

Marcy

Hi all

Very frustrating day...every Tuesday I go to the elementary school at 3pm when school lets out, to pick up my DS8 and take him to his music lesson. 2 weeks ago, his teacher sent him on the bus(she forgot), but my DH was home so it was okay. Today I go to pick him up, I go to the office, the principal is there and I ask where DS is, he says not here, should he be? I reply yes, every tues he should be here, now there is no one home and he is on the bus!!!I run out of the school-> I drive like a mad woman to get home before my son, (we are only 1.5 miles away)! I get home, and he is sitting on the step crying!!!!!!!Luckily he was only waiting a few minutes. It is not his responsibility to remember not to get on the bus on Tues. I usually email the teacher on Tues (but forgot today) and I have sent notes reitterating that on Tues he doesn't go on the bus! After the music lesson we went to the library. I sort of expected a call or email when I got home from the teacher saying sorry. I'm not that angry, mistakes happen, but I think an apology is in order. I feel bad for my DS. I have NEVER not been home when he got home, so I never gave him a back up plan. Now we have one. I live in a nice neighborhood, I just don't feel comfortable with my 8 year old sitting alone on the step....

glad your dad is doing better Marcy

Deanie

eta: Gin~ I think the heavy weight is all relitive. If 17# is heavy for you then your good. So don't use 12# when you could be using 17#.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.