----> cLEAN & tidy Tuesday

I was soooo tired last night, I went to bed at 9pm. I am feeling pretty rested this morning, hopefully it lasts thru the day!

Workout this morning is Slow & Heavy Chest and Back -- definitely my favorite of the series. I think chest is my favorite muscle group to work. Last week I was able to do all of those bench presses and flies with 15# dbs, this week I might use the pace weights to go up to 16#s and see how it goes.

My Rykas came yesterday and my new Cathe DVD is scheduled for delivery today, so I will probably do Rhythmic Step tomorrow -- so excited!! Then on Friday I need to do an IMAX.

Menu:

B protein shake, Kashi waffle
S apple slices, string cheese
L grilled chicken and veggies
S banana, FO bar
D lean hamburger steak w/grilled onions, steamed green beans

G'Morning ladies.

You are going to love RS it is not as easy as Imax but it is very fun to lean. Katie which Rykas did you get?

My w/o today is Gym Style bicepts and shoulders.

I still have some window decorating to do. I know my kids are too old to put Easter decorations in the window but I guess I'm a kid at heart.:)

Menu:
b-oatmeal
s-?
l-spinach & salmon salad
s-nuts
d-chicken & veggies baked

Good Morning!

I was also tired last night but I don't think I went to sleep 11 ish and up again before 7! Im gonna have to go get to early tonight b/c its back to work tomorrow!
I don't think I told you guys this but my sister as had invetro fertilization done 3 x's now. The first time was 2 summers ago and she was devasted when it didn't work. Then she did it again last summer (spending 10 g's each time) and everything went perfect but it still didn't work. But atleast this time she had frozen eggs left. And everytime she did it,it was very time consuming. Numerous Dr's apts',numerous medications....yada yada...About 2 weeks ago she had the frozen eggs implanted,less money,less time,less chance it would work, no meds...the body just in its natural state as if you were getting preggo on your own. Well as of sat she still hadn't started her period..and everyday we got more excited...anyway she called yesterday to tell me the great news! We can't beleive that she is actually pregnant! So forgive me if I didn't check in yesterday! I was to excited to sit in one spot!

I did BM2 and 4DSUB yesterday. Not feeling alot of DOMS though. Oh well...prehaps it will kick in later?

Todays workout is a long run, I guess that will be after lunch:)

Katie**I love getting parcels in the mail! How are your new sneaks?

Robin** You snuck in on me! Not hard to do considering I am typing with one hand and a baby in the other! hehe Enjoy your window decorating!

Meals for the day:
b-ww pancakes
l-?
S- cranberry bar
D-? Meat and veggies probably
Going to try and keep it super clean this week.Minus yesterdays love affair with cake! hehe Actually,i only had a tiny peice and DS helped

Have a good day girlies!

Good Morning!

Lori, Send our congrats to your sister. How exciting! Enjoy your long run.

Katie, Great job with the increase in weight. You'll have fun with your new purchases.

Robin, I bet your kids still like the decorations.

I have to read the rest of yesterday's posts to catch up with everyone. My w/o was ASCII.

BBL

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Good morning Robin, Lori, Shirl, and all to follow!

Robin, I bought Enlight IIs -- I like them so far, they will take a little getting used to. Right now I step in Ryka Crosstrain XTs but these are a mid-shoe, much more support.

Lori, congrats to your sister! I cannot imagine working night shift, then trying to get back into a regular schedule, then back to being up all night.

Shirl, I have often wondered if I would enjoy ASC I or II -- I'm to scared to stray from Cathe I guess!

I made it all the way thru the chest work with 16#s -- YAY for me!! Wonder if I will be sore -- didn't really get DOMS last week.

Off to the shower, see you at lunch!

Morning Shirl.

Good going with the pace mates Kaite.

I hope you feel better today Jenn and this year the scouts are celebrating thinking day by doing good things for the enviroment.

I'm glad that you were able to w/o yesterday Kate.

Colleen what are your plans for today?

Good morning ladies,

I've been up since 3:30 thanks to DH. }( I'm feeling a little better but still have some congestion in my chest.

Lori~ Congratulations to your sister!! Such exciting news.

Robin~ enjoy your window decorating. What age is your troop? Younger, older? DD is a junior. They are working on Israel for Thinking Day.

Katie~ great work with the pace mates. I like chest work also except for pushups and I like back work. I have ASC 2 it is a lot of fun. Good music and Amy has great energy. I don't have ASC 1.

Shirl~ Did you order any of Amy's new workouts? I'm looking forward to her new productions as well as Traceys. :)

Hi Steph, Colleen, and Kate.

My menu is up in the air, I think my workout will be 4DS KB and legs. My sister wants to go to IKEA today and I want curtains for the windows. I told her no yesterday but I might change my mind. But I can't go anywhere until the fuel people deliver and DH won't be home today.

BBL
Jenn

Good morning girls.
I only have a second - leaving to work at preschool and I am so nauseous its not even funny.
I hope those kids are well behaved today.
bb this afternoon.

Kate, sorry you're feeling so nauseous.

Jenn, I didn't order any of Amy's, but I ordered 3 of Tracey's. I'm really looking forward to them. I hope the congestion clears up soon. Enjoy shopping with your sister.

Steph, I hope the grumpy bug is gone! A good kickbox workout and stretching should help.

Colleen, How is DH's computer? Are you feeling 100% yet?

Robin, Your weight bench looks nice.

Katie, Amy's step choreography is a lot trickier than Cathe's, IMO. It is a lot of fun once you learn it.

menu
b-ezekiel toast w/nat pb
s-yogurt & blueberries
l-large salad, tuna
s-protein shake
d-turkey loaf and sweet potatoes
s-??

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

I agree Amy step is something that you have to work at but once you learn the steps it is so much fun.
Amy new(In the Ring) DVD I really need...ok I really don't need it but want it.LOL
She also coming out with a kettlebell w/o. They started selling kettlebells in Target but I'm going to wait until Cathe sell hers.

Feel better Kate.

I think that my fav body part to workout is by bicepts and legs.

Next week will be my recovery week and I really do not want to pick up a weight. Any sugesstions?

Morning clean peeps!

I'm not at work today, have a hair appointment and DH is really sick, cant get out of bed :( Figured i'd take the day and get stuff done!

woke up, did PUB/blast/Barr method

Have to run, its TTOM, i think that's why i had the grumpies :), thanks for cheering me up!

Katie, good looking chest workout :) Great for wedding night for sure

Shirl, excellent day planned, thanks for the grumpy be gone vibes

Robin, i hear ya about the kettlebells, we have a fight club in Toronto that uses them, i'm going to join after Arnold

Lori, your workouts kill me!

Kate, hope the nausea goes away...nausea be gone vibes you way okay.

BBL
Steph
So far, so clean
B: oatmeal
snack, cc/pp/almonds
post rest after they happen!
Steph

Hello again! Home for lunch -- I really wanted to go out for mexican but I resisted. I really needed to come home to walk my dog so that helped! I was so bored at work I was tempted to eat -- someone brought mini 3 musketeers -- YUM!

My new Cathe came today, Rhythmic Step for sure tomorrow!!

Katie, Glad RS came! You will LOVE it! Your dinner tonight looks really really good! Resist the offife candy vibes~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!

Robin, DDs and I love the gel clings for the windows! I'm sure your kids appreciate your efforts. Stretch like crazy next week! No weights OR cardio. Maybe some mal-walking though! LOL!

Lori, Awesome news about your sis. I truly can't imagine that kind of stress. We tried for a year to have a 3rd and I gave up. Couldn't take it.

Shirl, You teachin' today?

Jenn, Wish I could go to IKEA w/ you. I have NEVER been! Not sure where one even is around here. Probably Detroit area - about 2 hours away.

Steph, Hope you have a nice day off! This sounds bad but when Mike is home sick I completely disappear! He is so helpless when he's sick and it makes me so irritable.

------------------------------------
I'm feeling pretty good right now.Got some lunch. Wish I could take a nap but its too late to get DDs down. If they go to sleep now they'll be up all night. They're playing really well together so maybe I'll do CS. Hoping to do some cardio tonight. Maybe LB weights.

menu (wierd!)
b - Kix cereal (it was the only thing that wasn't going to make my head spin more!)
s - apple
l - scr egg & whites, peppers, 1 slice of leftover pizza

the rest of the day - who knows? Right now I'm goin' hour by hour with what will keep the nausea at bay. I totally forgot how miserable the 1st trimester is. On the plus side some maternity clothes I ordered came in. I wanna wear 'em!!!

Hope you all have a great afternoon.
Anybody else crazy-anxious for spring????

Hi Kate,
Yes, I'm crazy for spring, but we're supposed to get another storm. I hope it can wait until my classes are finished tonight. The joy of the first trimester, I didn't include any of the sickness info. from my journal. It was funny to read. Well, now it is. ;)

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Hey Shirl,

Hope classes go good tonight. Yesterday it felt like spring was coming but today its windy and snowy again. I do love winter but I am ready for spring. I had to go outside to play at preschool. I wish the teacher would let us stay inside!!!

A couple years ago I was asked by the owner of the cardio place in town to get certified to teach classes. I wish I had now but we were so busy at the time. Still are I guess. I came to just one of the classes and later she contacted me and asked. Oh well. In my next life, right?

When did you start teaching?

The first time I taught classes, I was a junior in college. I did it as one of my summer jobs for 2 years, certifed through our local Y. I started teaching classes again 9 years ago. I started teaching weight circuits with the stability ball, db, and med balls and a kickboxing class. I purchased my own stability balls and med balls and brought them to class. The stability ball was not as popular then, but I loved it. I initially certified through our local Y again and attended every training I possibly could. Now I'm certified with NASM and AFAA and still attend/take as many trainings as possible. It sounds like you must have good form and a lot of energy. I was almost 31 y/o when I started, so you can do it. It's so fun!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Good evening ladies!

Kate, I grew my baby Collin on Captain Crunch. I ate looooootttsss of cereal when I was pregnant with him! I didn't feel sick to my stomach with him, hoping for the same with my next pregnancy! (whenever that is!)

I have a terrible headache, need to rest a few minutes before I start dinner.

Hi Everyone!

Sorry to MIA all day but I had a busy morning. Good thing everything calmed down in the afternoon and I was able to leave early :)

Katie, hope you get over your headache
Kate, I haven't had Kix in ages. Hope you are feeling better today.
Shirl, I am starting to feel better today so I think my cold is going away :) DH didn't have any problems once he booted his computer, but he was mad. Here's the recipe for the pumpkin black bean soup:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_21825,00.html

Robin, Have fun hanging your Easter decorations! I bet they will look nice.
Lori, congrats to your sister. That is wonderful news!
Jenn, hope you are feeling better. I preordered all of Amy's and Tracey's workouts. I can't wait to get them.

w/o was Step Sweatfest
b: shredded wheat w/ almonds
l: taco salad
s: eat clean trail mix, apple
d: mandarin pork (new recipe)

Colleen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.