----> cLEAN & tidy Monday

Here are some bathroom pics....

Before:
Please excuse my son's big head. The walls had never been painted before, so they were just boring white. We painted a pretty yellow color (obviously). Notice the ugly/boring old floor.
HomeImprovement1003.jpg

Here the floor is layed but not totally finished yet...
HomeImprovement1005.jpg

Finished Product:
HomeImprovement1006.jpg

In addition to the flooring, we also bought some moulding, painted it white, and framed out the bathroom mirror. I think it looks really nice, and adds a lot of charm for only about $15. We still have some pictures to hang on the wall and stuff, but for the most part it is done!

Today's menu will be challenging -- my lazy butt didn't go to the grocery store last night, will go tonight after work.

B cereal
S ??
L tuna, crackers, ??
S Fiber One bar, ??
D salsa chicken in the crock pot!

Very beautiful and it looks so professional Katie. You have a kitty kat too. I have a dog and cat, the cat is the boss.

Morning all. Well I only have two more days off :( so I'm going to get alot things done once I drop off the kids. }( }(

To do list
1. eat breakfast (whole wheat pancakes with fruit):D
2. shop for supplies for the scouts recycle meeting (Earth is Our Home patch).
3. finish shopping for a weight bench...window shopping only
4. hang spring curtains in my bedroom :)
5. pack up donated cloths
6. take a nap

Before I eat breakfast I'm going to do a cardio and core workout.
Maybe 1st section of rhythmic step and then the MIC step section.

b-smoothie on my way to the mall }(
s-?
l-turkey and salad
s-fiber one bar
d-??

Workout was 4DS Double Cardio, FUN FUN FUN!!

I think I have figured out my menu...

B cereal
S pineapple, string cheese
L turkey sandwich
S pineapple, Fiber One bar
D salsa chicken w/corn and black beans

Hi Katie, Robin and all who follow,

Katie, The bathroom looks great! Fun w/o and good menu.

Robin, It sounds like you have a wonderful day planned! Enjoy!

The meeting with my new client went well. We meet again on Thursday.

Time to w/o - my own weight circuit. I am still sore from my w/o on Saturday.

BBL

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Morning clean and tidy peeps!

Sorry i didnt check in yesterday, i was soooo grumpy! Its TTOM, but geeez, i was silent all day long!

Katie, the bathroom looks beautiful!!Really really nice.

Robin, lots to do today, is the weight bench for STS? Those pancakes sound pretty good too...
Shirl, details later on your circuit!

Today, will be cardio/core too, likely KCM/HIIT, and abs. I always go hard on Mondays, make up for the weekend. The next 2 weeks are going to be very hectic for me, i think that's why i'm grumpy. Next weekend i have a big swanky fundraiser on Saturday, and DH is playing a benefit show on Sunday night, Monday morning, another student!! I just know i'll be tired. These things grump me out!

Menu:
B: oatmeal
s: quark, pp/almonds
l: corn soup, celery, hummus, apple
s: ryveta nat pb
d: probably egg white omelette, salad and ezekial toast
s: berries/yogurt
BBL
Steph

Good Morning Everyone!

I have a busy Monday planned and I am ready to go back to the weekend. Someone kindly scheduled a meeting during lunch so now I have to figure out when to eat. I am in meetings from 10:30 to 4:30. Yuck!

Katie, the bathroom looks great!
Robin, good luck window shopping for the weight bench.
Steph, hope you get rid of your grumpiness.
Shirl, I made the soup - it's really easy. I will post the recipe later.
Kate, hope you are feeling better :)

w/o was Slo-Mo TBC 2
b: shredded wheat w/ almonds
s: banana
l: soup and hopefully sandwich
s: eat clean trail mix
d: tacos I think

Have a great day everyone!

Colleen

Steph, Sorry you're feeling grumpy. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate but I'm sure you can handle it. KCM is so fun!

Colleen, That's a long day of meetings. Do you get to leave a little earlier b/c you worked through lunch or does it get you further behind?

Kate, Where are you? I checked my pregnancy journal and here's some info. Hope you're interested. Goal - maintain fitness as best as possible; make healthy food choices. First trimester - some days I worked harder than others depending on how I felt. 3 total body weight workouts per week and 2-3 cardio and 2 yoga sessions. Weight gain - 2 lbs.
Second Trimester - typically did 2 total body workouts and 2 aqua aerobics & 2 stretch/yoga sessions. Weight gain - 18 lbs.
Third Trimester - 1-2 total body workouts, aqua aerobics 2x per week, daily stretching. Weight gain - 7 lbs. I was eating us out of house and home. I still don't understand why I didn't gain more weight.

Hope everyone has a nice day. :)

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Katie, The bathroom looks GREAT! Good for you guys! We did the same thing with our mirror in our Master Bath. Hungry for pinapple today?? Fresh pineapple is one of my most favorite things to eat.

Robin, Sounds like you have a great day planned. Enjoy that quiet time!!

Shirl, Hope your circuit was fun!

Steph, Fancy fundraiser?? What are you wearing?! How fun! By student, do you mean intern?

Colleen, Busy day! Hope you get some lunch in! Thanks for asking how I'm feeling. Quite honestly I feel so queasy and gross. Nothing sounds good to eat but if I don't eat it gets worse. I am SO MAD I can't work out but I'm sure I would puke if I tried. C'mon 2nd trimester!!!

My food is so wierd today:
b - wheat chex
s - cashews
s - pear
l - ?? tortilla soup & corn muffin
s - ??
d - something easy and doens't smell very strong

Somehow I have to muster up some strength to go grocery shopping and other errnands. I wish Mike could go do that stuff for me but he's under so much pressure for work.

I need to come up with a snack for preschool tomorrow. This week we'll be studying outerspace - any fairly easy food ideas??
Have a good afternoon.

Thanks Shirl! So far I'm holding steady at 135. I know its too early to gain weight anyway but I'm still scared to!! Stupid I know! Worried I'll gain too much I guess.

Right now I am doing NO workouts. I am so queasy. Makes my head spin to walk across the room let alone twirl around my step.

With Gina I ended up weighing 203(!!!!!!!!!!!!) when I delivered.
With Isabel I gained just over 25 lbs. Learned my lesson!!
Hoping to be a model of pregnancy fitness this time - just need to get past this nausea!

Kate, sorry you're feeling so lousy. Hope you feel better soon. :) (((hugs)))

ETA I was teaching classes during the time of the day I felt the best. Thank God! I'd go home fix dinner and then read the boys books and play board games in bed for the rest of the evening. I would be wiped out!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

thanks Shirl! Glad the timing of things worked out for you.
When I was preg w/ Isabel I would be SO TIRED in the afternoon. I would hvae Gina play "doctor" on me so I could lay on the couch!

Quick check in, then off to court!

Thanks for the compliments on the bathroom, I LOVE it!!

Kate, I weight 135 now too and was (drumroll) 212 pounds when I gave birth to Collin -- YIKES!!!!!!!!!! I will NEVER do that again!! Pineapple is the only fruit I have in my house, LOL!!

WOW! I can't imagine you weighing 212!!! Crazy. Hope court goes good for you.

DDs wanted leftover spag sauce and meatballs in the freezer. So I made some noodles and we all had that for lunch with some corn. Not what i was planning but with how I feel I think I did alright.

Gonna go take a nap.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hey ladies!!

Shirl, we are sooo lucky to have you in the checkin! It sounds like you had a great pregnancy with fitness! Kate, sorry about the nausea, taking a nap will definately help i hope! I do have an intern starting Monday...yuck! I dont know what i'm going to wear Saturday, its pretty fancy. it was $5000 a table, my boss is paying!
Colleen, sorry about the crazy day again, it seems everyday for you is like this...wish i could help :)
Steph

Hey ladies.

{{{Kate}}}} hugs and just think of how good you are going to feel in your second trimester! Some of your energy will come back and you can take the preggo pills.

Steph what fundraiser are you doing? If we lived closed together I would bring my girlscouts to help out. Steph do you like yoga because yoga is a great anti-gumpymax.

Hope the meetings weren't too bad Colleen.

Kate hhhmmm let me think of some great snack for outter space...swiss cheese (the moon) comes to mind. Orange juice for the sun. I know some great space crafts :+

I just came home from Wally World and I brought this bench
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7731201

It was on sale and it's small enough to fit in the corner of my living room. They had another one just like it which will allow you to do a preacher bicept curl but that box was too heavy.

I also brought two dumbbell handles ($6.88 each) this way I can make a 30# DB using BB plates. HA like I can lift 30#.

Now I have to go to the post office and pick up the kids from school
x( Just when I was having fun.;-)

ooh, Robin, both of those are nice! I wish i had room for one, DH has the basement for his music!

I do like yoga, i like classical stretch better, but i think i need some good kickbox tonight}(
I'm still grumpy!!
Steph

Kickboxing is fun and will relax you after a hot shower and some hot chocolate.

Now I'm grumpy/happy. I'm happy because it only took 2 hours to put the bench together :+ . I'm grumpy because it still is taking up too much room because it is so long. Maybe I should have taken measurements :+ . Even when I fold it down it still takes up alot of room.:( Maybe if I fold it down and then stand it up in the closet????

Tomorrow is another day.

Enjoy your evening ladies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.