>> Weekend Mania! MELTERS! <<<<

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

No workout for me today, I have to go into work for a 4 hour team meeting. Once a year we have the people from 3 departments that work together meet in a central location on a Saturday to review procedures, get to actual see the people they work with, and we will be having a "team building" excercise. Fun huh? My weekend will start at noon today!

BB in a bit

Deb

Hi, I'm back,

I have a colleage that wants to get into weight training. She asked me when we were in DC how I had lost all the weight.. I told her about Cathe, and that I felt it was the weight work that did the most for me. She is over 50, has never used weights before. She asked me to recommend a Cathe DVD that she can start with. She has dumbells, not sure if she has a bar or anything she can use as a bench. She doesn;t want to do step ( both of the beginner Cathe DVDs have step in them). I wanted to recommend Pure Strength, but she will need a bar and bench or step to use for chest work etc. Do any of you have an idea of something I can recommend? I told her how great the support on this site was and she did come over to look at the site, but was very confused with so many DVD's to choose from.

Jennifer:
Hope you enjoy the workout! Good luck on your RT!

Shannon:
how are the fans?

Leanne:
Guns? Yikes! Good thing that it was a mistake. How much longer do you have for classes etc? I am up 2 pounds ( not water!), but bad eating the last few weeks, so don;t stress too much. Yours will disappear soon!

Tneah:
The Drills is number 27. Which eliptical do you like the most? are they 60 minutes? I could never stay on the eliptical that long. 20 minutes is a killer for me. I don;t know why this is. Maybe because it is not motor driven like the treadmill? I guess I don;t put any celebrties on pedestals, I hardly know who they are anymore! LOL Cathe would be the only one I would want to look like! I have a convertible and hardly ever put the top down! It drives DH crazy!

Shelly:
I miss my Mom too. I lost her when I was 21. I wish she could be here to see how things turned out for me. She was always so worried that I would end up with a loser for a DH ( I had a loser boyfriend from the time I was 15 that she hated), and was actually engaged to hime when she died. I smartened up and dumped him after, and found DH..she would have loved him! How old were you when you lost your Mom?

Lainie:
It sounds like you need to take a nap! Get some rest girl!

Robin:
How was dinner? What did you have? Something :9 I hope!

Kara:
Wow ! A ten year old that knows exactly what she wants! That is great!

Have a great day!

Deb:)

Hey everyone,

Ug! I hate not being able to sleep in anymore. I was up at 4:45 this morning. Today I'll be doing Clean Max, followed by some Low Max later on. Laundry Max has already started. Tomorrow is my dad's b-day (the year he was born, he was actually born on Mother's Day), so we're meeting the family for dinner tonight and then going over to my older brother's house for cake afterwards. Should be fun. I bought some flowers for my mom and grandma to take to the cemetery, so DH and I will either head down early and bring them or I'll go tomorrow by myself.

Deb -- Saturday meetings should be outlawed!;-) They are seriously not good! At least this one won't last all day, right?! I know what you mean about the weight loss via lifting weights; as soon as I got serious about weight lifting in August, the pounds started coming off right away. I would suggest Muscle Max for your friend, but it does require the step. Can you maybe talk her into taking the plunge and purchasing a bunch of equipment? The equipment issue was what held me back from trying Cathe sooner, but after that initial investment, it makes things a lot easier to work out at home. Here's to hoping that our pounds melt off soon!:) Sorry to hear that you lost your mom so young! It's such a hard thing, isn't it?

Tneah -- Oh, my gosh! I've been feeling so awful thinking about how you went to the Macy's at MV! You were probably thinking I was crazy for telling you about their dress dept., and I feel terrible if you wasted time at the ghetto store! Seriously, though, if you have time today or tomorrow before you leave, head over to Fashion since the Macy's there really is nice, and so are the other stores (Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's, etc.). The Macy's at Fashion is where my friend Lisa buys all her dresses for weddings. Here's a map of the area:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/fashio...:32.769632:-117.168039:0::/io:0:::::f:EN:M:/e

Take the 5 freeway east from the coast, and then get off at Camino Del Rio and head east/inland. Instead of going right, which takes you to Mission, go left at Camino De La Reina, which will take you to the back of Fashion. You'll make a right into the parking lot after you pass the Borders shopping center. And really, chica, we will have to get together in person when you're out here again in June! I know we're both super shy in person, but maybe we could meet for lunch and a movie! I know what you mean about convertibles making a real mess. DH and I have talked about getting one over the years, but we're both so prone to sunburn that we knew it would be a bad thing. Have you been to Seal Beach in La Jolla? If you go up there, it's one of the little inlets in the Cove, and all the seals and their little pups go there to rest. It's adorable! Of course, all these people want to kick the seals out, but they've been trying for about 15 years, and so far the seals have been allowed to stay.:)

Kara -- Fridays are usually our pizza nights, so I know exactly what you mean about that yummy cheesy goodness! Let us know how you like the kettlebell stuff if you end up getting it. Sounds like you had a busy day yesterday. Poor Emma! Hopefully the meds will kick in soon. And how exciting that Colin won the award and acceptance into that program! Sounds like they are both smart cookies who take after their parents. I think that I might take your advice tomorrow and go do some fun stuff in my new capris. And today is your graduation, right? Hope you have a wonderful time and that you really enjoy the day!

Shelley -- What are you up to today? Did the grumpy boss man leave early yesterday?

Robin -- How was dinner last night? Sorry about all those fiascos beforehand!

Jennifer -- How is your ankle doing? Is today your road trip or is it tomorrow?

Lainie -- How are you doing today? Did you get any rest last night?

Shannon -- "Hi" in case you check in!

Tneah -- For some reason, the map I sent isn't working and it put those odd smiley faces in there (I think it's mocking me!). But here's a link to Fashion Valley:

http:///www.shopfashionvalleymall.com

Oh, and I completely forgot to mention that I had to stop at Coldwater Creek the other day to get a gift card for someone (I never shop there, but they have beautiful stuff!), and I saw this cute skirt that I thought could work for the wedding itself:

http://www.coldwatercreek.com/Products/Product.aspx?productid=39603&ensembleid=46565

The photo doesn't do it justice; it's long, and has a beautiful sateen sheen to it that makes it really dressy. They were showing it the store with a black halter top, and I was thinking that it might look lovely on you with some nice black heels. I think that there aren't many CC stores in San Diego, but the one I went to is up here in Carlsbad at The Forum (1925 Calle Barcelona, Carlsbad, California 92009, 1-760-753-4176). If you're heading up to La Jolla today, it would only take you another 20-25 minutes to head to the Forum. (There's also a White House Black Market at the Forum, and they might have some dresses/skirt ideas, too!)

:)

Morning!

Happy Saturday! I kind of slept in. Well, I got up at 6 to walk the dogs, then went back to bed and actually fell back asleep until about 7:30! So no run for me this morning. I'll do it later on. Busy day today, as usual for a Saturday.

Deb - How awful to have a meeting on a Saturday! I bet your mom would be so proud of you! In fact, wherever she is, I'm sure she knows and she IS proud:) I lost my mom in 2003. I was 39. I lost my dad in 1991, and my brother in 1996. It's only my sister and I left.

Leanne - I love that skirt you posted a pic of! I agree that it would look beautiful with a nice halter and heels.

Tneah - oooooooooooh, a convertible? Is it one of those sporty ones? They always seem so glamourous but I know in reality it's a nightmare to drive in them with your hair whipping everywhere, etc. Grace Kelly always made it look so great, though:p

Hey Shelley! Glad you slept in! It sounds like you needed the rest this morning! I'm so sorry that you've had so much loss in your family! Are you and your sister close? Maybe tomorrow you can share some memories of your mom! I was laughing when you talked about Grace Kelly in the convertible since it made me think of the first Bridget Jones movie, when she gets into the convertible, but then her scarf blows away and, by the time they arrive at the hotel, her hair is a rats' nest.:)

Hello Melters.

My house project is supposed to start in a minute, so this will be short. I stayed out late last night and my foot was bothering me this AM, so SB was a BOMB. Might try Sun AM along with MM, but GOD only knows at this point.

Sun is supposed to be my road trip depending on weather. Tonight is church so I will have tomorrow free for stuff.

My stimulus check arrived and most of it went to debt, paying down a card that had way too much put on it in the past two years. I owe about half of what I used too. Thank GOD!!

BBL

Hi gang. Just a quick check in. I just finished Tracy's HIS Mix 2. After my shower, we are headed here: http://www.knoebels.com/ We have free rides passes from our local public TV network. It's kind of cloudy and gloomy, so I hope that keeps the crowds away. Dinner was good last night. I had a Morel-Wild Leek Bisque to.die.for.

Morning All!:)

OK,so you guys know what I mean about convertibles right?:p Hate'em.:7
I always have to wind up wearing a baseball cap which of course totally ruins any cute outfit you might want to wear...baseball caps go with workout clothes and thats pretty much it.I actually had fantasies about wearing a scarf and then felt like it really wasn't "me" and I would look like a "poser".heehee. Hate convertibles.Oh, Shelley, its an old "vintage" Mercedes 1997...so its kinda cool.

Leanne, you are such a doll posting all that info for me! I do remember that the fashion valley mall does have a Macys! I just went to the wrong one since I was over there doing other stuff, its not your fault.:7 I have been to the fashion valley mall and love it better than our malls in Vegas. I think its neat how its all outside. In Vegas, we have good shopping but only if you can afford Gucci, Chanel and Gaultier!:eek: Seriously, its so high end, not all the stores, but alot of them, and they are always so packed, I actually prefer your shopping here.
I have wandered by Coldwater Creek and you are so right, they do have some cute stuff in there. That store is like Chico's and the one you mentioned Black/White Market, you never know how cute there stuff is until you actually go in and have a look around. And I love the skirt, plus, I know where the store is in Vegas! Will have to go check it out when I get home, and yes, we will meet for coffee or lunch or whatever for sure!

Shelley, you have Sophie for this Mothers Day weekend right? How fun for you both...wonder what she has in mind for you tomorrow?

Deb, Saturdays are not meant for work related things, sorry to hear about your morning. But good news about your friend. I agree with Leanne, she might have to spring and buy some equipment, until you have the tools, working out is not fun. Also Muscle Max is a great place to start. I forgot the name or rather brand of the elliptical I use at home, but its gym quality which I am sure makes a huge difference, the cheaper ones are harder to make "go"...so that could be miserable!

Hi to Lainie, Kara and Robin this morning!

Well, its cardio only today thank goodness. Tomorrow we return to Vegas, frankly I am ready, the weather here has been so coldish and yuk that its hard to be outside on the boat and really enjoy it. This summer should be great fun though. Vegas is already really hot though, so we will be driving into a furnace when we return.

:p

Hello everyone. This is going to be a quick pop-in again, I'm afraid. I'm having a busy Super-Clean-Max Saturday. Isaac was supposed to have a T-ball game this morning but it was canceled because of rain. Well, it wasn't raining anymore, but it rained so much yesterday and overnight that the field is not in good shape. I'm kind of glad that one was canceled because it was scheduled for 8 am. Hubby has been particularly grumpy lately about the clutter around here (seriously, I've seen much worse, especially in his own parents' house, but he prefers it neater). I tend to be the type to clean things so that they're sanitary. I wipe countertops, clean bathrooms well, clean the floors a lot, etc. But I let the clutter pile up a bit--particularly books and papers and toys. So I'm trying to please both of us today by putting away clutter and then scrubbing beneath it. OK, now I'm just rambling on to avoid getting up to clean more. Today is a rest day but I might do yoga if I clean enough first.

OK, hope to bbl for personals (I know I said that yesterday and didn't come back, but I mean it!)

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

Hey all,

Can you tell I am stalling the workout this morning?:p I am daydreaming this morning...

This is one of those mornings you want to spend sitting outside in a little cafe eating pancakes/crepes and drinking really strong espresso watching people run by, walk their dogs, etc...then afterwards walking to the outdoor market to pick up fresh bread and olive oil, along with fresh veggies and cheese for lunch at the park, where you will enjoy your food under the shade of a huge weeping willow. Next its time to take a short nap, followed by a walk around the park,you can feed the ducks and squirrels or you just stay under your tree and read...then in the evening, its dinner at that quaint little Italian restaurant where you will sit outside and enjoy a few glasses of red and the delicious seafood/pasta dish...then its back home and "to bed";) early with DH....ahhh yes, that is my perfect day.:) It actually sounds almost like the time we went to Georgetown, DC one year, it was so romantic...

OK! Jennifer, crap, your ankle isn't quite ready for the rigors of that workout yet, do not push it lady!:7 You will be good as new soon enough. Enjoy church today, and good thing about getting that card pair down, credit card debt is no fun. Congrats to you and paying off half of it at once.

Lainie, have fun cleaning, I actually need to go at it again after the workout this morning, boats get dirty super fast.
Good thing the t-ball got cancelled it would have been a muddy mess for sure.
:)

Afternoon, everyone!

I had to cut my workout short today because the last few days my stomach has started getting really growly and I've gotten shaky while working out. I'm out of the food I usually eat before working out (low-calorie, whole wheat English muffin with some almond butter), so I've been improvising with my pre-workout snack, and it's not doing the job of keeping my belly happy while doing my workout. Frustrating!

Jennifer -- Congrats on getting that credit card debt down so low! That is wonderful news.

Robin -- Your dinner last night sounds like it was fantastic! That Knoebels place looks like so much fun! Is it just you and DH going?

Lainie -- Hopefully you're making progress on the clutter today! We've missed you yesterday and today!

Tneah -- Ah, I got so nicely caught up in your fantasy! It sounds perfect -- and what a wonderful way to spend the day! We should all arrange a wonderful day like that! Oh, I'm so glad that you have been to Fashion Valley before. I really want you to find the perfect two outfits to wear to the wedding! :) Are you and Mitch going to head up to La Jolla today? It looks like the sun is finally out, so it would be a wonderful day to head up there. Oh, I just posted something on the OD about this woman's body fat in Oxygen magazine. I was thinking of you when I wrote the post because you look so AMAZING and fantastic and muscular, and yet your body fat isn't as low as this woman's, who doesn't look 1/10 as good as you.:) Seriously -- you are so impressive!!!

Hey all,

Leanne, you are so sweet. I hope I do find two perfect outfits, and of course I will post my finds here first!:) Whats up with your belly? How come you don't have the foods you normally eat in the house, go shopping right now young lady! There is a good article in June' Muscle and Fitness Hers about what to eat before training, cardio and weights. You really need a combination of at least 20 grams of protein and I forget how many carbs, but pick up a copy, it was really good. Oh, and I saw your post on the OD about that gal, will have to check out the article, I never believe those articles in that mag, probably because its kinda biased..wonder if that gal used Bob Kennedy's supplements to get her bodyfat that low?;)
I am so not impressive. Sigh. I work hard just like you guys do, so I think we all are pretty dang impressive, look how much weight you lost!:eek: And Deb too, Lainie has lost alot, Shelley, all of you.

We chose to stay around here today, DH is out smoking a cigar on the deck looking like Tony Soprano.:p I think I will run out and buy some protein sources to take in the car on the way home...we are basically out of food, its hard to stock stuff on the boat for only one week.

I will check back later to see if anyone is around...

Hey girls!

What a day! Much running around! This morning, got Sophie up, then took the dogs out, got Sophie moving and dressed, off to piano lesson, then grabbed a sub for lunch, headed to Walmart, where I picked up a bunch of stuff including a cute skirt and pants for Sophie, and two pairs of sandals for her, then home, walked the dog, then off to the library, home, did my run (only managed five miles), made dinner, cleaned up dinner, took the dogs to the dog park, came home.... YOWZA!

Tneah - that dream day sounds AWESOME! I notice that there's no working out involved ;) So, do you drive from Vegas in that little car with poor Georgie squooshed in the back, or is that a car you leave in SD with the boat?

Leanne - are you finding yourself hungry during your workouts without your usual snack, or is it upsetting your belly?

Lainie - *ahem* I think you need to whack DH over the head with a turkey baster and tell him it ain't that easy to keep clutter under control with two kids running around!!

Robin - how was Knoebel's? Did you eat fun fair food?

Hi Everyone.

Happy Mother's Day!! May you have great one.

Yesterday, my house project was done early enough so I could head south. The trip went well. Details later on. I did make it to church last night so I can be home all day with Seville and Madrid.
And, to clean and to workout.

BBL

Good Morning and Happy Mother's Day to all!

Today is Leg day for mex( ...trying to get my butt down there and do it. I am going back and forth between S&H or 4DS legs. Neither appeals at the moment! The meeting went ok yesterday, the team building excercise was fun for all.. I guess I have done so many of these that they are pretty Ho Hum by now, but the people that we had the meeting for seemed to like it.

Leanne:
How was your dinner? Thanks for the suggestion on Muscle Max. I wrote to her and gave her a link. She can sub with DB's anything that uses a bar, and I gave her the link to where she can buy the gree band. It says it's advanced, but if she does it with really light weights at first, it should be good. Also it has some great pre-mixes. I was surprised that you eat before working out...I can;t do that..I have my protein shake right after working out, to get the supplements down..

Shelly:
You have 2 dogs, I know one is SAdie, what is the other one's name? You certainly have had some loss in your family.;( .. Yes..agree with the hair whipping around...when I put my top down, I try to have a headband or something to keep the hair out of my mouth! Boy did you have a busy day yesterday! What's up for today?

Jennifer:
What was the house project yesterday? Good for you for using that money to get some debt down! Tell us about your trip and the details!

Robin:
Did you have fun at the park? Do you go on rides? I love roller coasters, but nothing that goes in circles!

Tneah:
Nice car! it must be one of those cute 2 seaters! How does George fit in there? or is it one that you keep in SD? Love your daydream!

Lainie:
I hate clutter too, and my DH is the one that spreads it all around! Mostly it's papers, his office stuff, magazines etc. It drives me crazy, but after 25 years, I have given up! We have cleaning person that comes in every other week, and we have to spend the day before just picking up clutter so she can clean... At least you have a better excuse, with 2 kids, it is hard to keep it at bay!

Well off to the basement, hopefully it will go by fast!

Have a great day,

Deb:)

Jennifer - enjoy the day with your boys!

Deb - Gilbert is our other dog. Not sure about today. I guess it all depends on the weather. Hopefully we can get to the dog park, and I want to go to the garden centre. I'm sending you some leg day love. Which workout did you decide on?

Happy Mothers Day!

I will be back later to say hey, we are driving back to Vegas this morning-early, so need to go right now.:7 Oh, that car is actually a 4 seater, and Georgie fits in the back for driving around town, we leave it here in SD. We drive a different car back and forth.:7

Hi,

Back for a minute between cleaning the bird cage and watering inside plants~

Shelly:
Thanks for the Leg Love..it must have worked! I did S&H legs and the ab/core work from Christie Taylor Get Up & Dance... I like this one because it is very different and you can feel it all while doing it, but you can still keep going..

Tneah:
Have a safe trip back!

BBL

Deb

Happy Mother's Day to all our lovely mothers!

Deb -- Glad you made it through S&H legs alright! Did you do shoulders, too? I just started a four-week S&H rotation on Friday, so I did Legs/Shs then. I can't eat right before I do my workout, but I do need to eat about 20-25 minutes beforehand or I run out of steam. I think I have my snack down b/c if I eat anything else, it's either too much, or, like what's been happening lately, not enough. Glad that the team building exercise was fun!

Tneah -- Hope you, DH, and George have a safe drive back to Vegas! Thanks for the info about the article in Muscle and Fitness Hers; I'll pick up a copy tomorrow.

Shelley -- Sounds like you had a super busy day yesterday, so I hope today you can relax and enjoy Mother's Day a bit!:)

Jennifer -- Sounds like you had a busy day yesterday, too, with your road trip. Let us know what happened! Are you still thinking about moving?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.