>>>>> CHEETAHS <<<<< MLK Monday, 1/15

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs! :)

GS BSB gave me a good workout last night. I was able to up my weights on most of the exercises, so I'm anticipating some good DOMS today. Today's workout plan is to head out for a run as long as the rain isn't a deterrent. If so, Plan B will be either the TM or k'boxing. Hmm, and I must admit, the prospect of a rainy Monday off from work also gives me the itchy shopper's trigger finger...wonder where I could do some damage...}(

I will consolidate the t-shirt info and repost momentarily for anyone who wasn't around this weekend.

Have a great Monday, everyone!
Cathy :)

Good morning, Cathy:

We posted at the same time (great minds think a like :7 ). I can't wait to get all the details on the shirts, I'm definitely 'in' for one.

Well, school is two hours late, so that will help my DH and DS time to get the ATVs out and plow so we can get out. Nothing like a blast right off the bat after vacation, huh?!?! I went from sunny and 88 degrees to 7 inches of snow and 10 degrees within a day x( . Oh well, that's Minnesota for ya. ;-)

I will still have my step class tonight unless the town I teach in cancels school, but I doubt it, the snow is slowing down and it is suppose to be windy, but I don't think too bad that it will drift enough and make things unpassable. If they do I will be doing IMAX2 this afternoon instead of my class.

I hope everyone has a fabulous day!
Marcia.

Whoops, Marcia! I didn't realize - I'm all caught up in the t-shirt business and have a million other windows open. Wow! Enjoy the delayed opening once you get plowed out and arrive to school safely. (I love the two-hour delay b/c they still count as full days!) :)

Wendy :: so the DOMS kicked in later, eh? Sounds like you are lovin’ your P90X program. I *hate* downward dog! Mmm, dinner sounded quite delish last night.

::: Updated T-shirt info :::

Cost: if we wind up going with the silly cheetah graphic, it would be slightly more -- $23.80 per shirt based upon an order of 10 or $19.90 based upon an order of 15 shirts. For the the “head shot” cheetah, it would be $19.79 for an order of 10 shirts or $16.45 if it’s an order of 15. Shipping would definitely be no more than $2-3 above whatever our final price turns out to be.

Color? We need to choose from the white, black, navy, or gray.

Based upon the current voting results, I'm posting the top two shown with both graphics.

http://mylalclass.com/cheetahsmovebody3.jpg

http://mylalclass.com/cheetahsmove4.jpg

http://mylalclass.com/cathescheetahs.jpg

http://mylalclass.com/cheetahsbeast2.jpg

ETA: the light blue background would be removed like in the "move your body" one above - this is to save on color costs.

Anvil Dri-Release T
Sizes: S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL

Material: 5.6 oz. All colors are a poly-cotton blend.

Product Description: A "tagless" shirt with Dri-Release material that dries four times faster than cotton by wicking away moisture.

Comments: Generous Fit. A very soft t-shirt feel with the benefit of patented Dri-Release fabric.

Size info (The info provided was based on how the shirts fit on real male models):

SMALL
5'6"
130 lbs
34" chest
30" waist

MEDIUM
5'8"
150 lbs
40" chest
32" waist

LARGE
6'0"
175 lbs
40" chest
32" waist

XL
6'3"
220 lbs
44" chest
36" waist

Keep the feedback comin'! Hopefully we can make a decision within the next day or so, and I'll place the order. Based upon the shipping estimate, I think we could all have these in our hands by the end of the first week of February.

Good Morning Marcia & Cathy and all who check in later :)

Cathy- You upped your weights on most of GS BSB- Hi Five! Isn't it great to have today off?.... Also, thank you for organizing the t-shirt project.

Marcia- Sorry about the drastic weather change. Is is nice to get a break from the northern winter. But coming home is not always fun. Perhpas you have a pretty tan as a reminder?

Today is a run, but it will haveto be on the TM since we have mix of sleet/ freezing rain. The roads are not the safest choice today. I may try to sneak in a short yoga. Depends on how crazy it gets here with kids home.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Hey Judy! Yeah, it is great to be off! Enjoy your run on the TM. Hope you can get in some yoga.

I just realized I posted the wrong image up there. It was supposed to be the mind, body, spirit one. DOH! Be back to fix that soon.

Hi Ladies:) I packed those darned kids off to school but they were little boomerangs today and came right back:+ I guess I should have looked out the window or turned a radio on before sending them packing! I'm off today and will dust off my snow shovel and add a little upperbody work to my Cathe workout today. I had a great visit with an old friend yesterday and did a little clothes shopping. I'm not feeling as hurt today, my Girls have been awesome with me, very tender and sweet. I'm not sure what my workout will be today, maybe PowerStrike or KickMax, get some of those animosities out}(

(((Elaine))), I read your post from yesterday and my heart goes out to you. There was such a whirlwind surrounding your brother's sad death and then the holidays, now that things are quieter the resonating reality of the loss is much more apparent. I think it's healthy that the tears are flowing and that some of the internal grief and stress is manifesting externally, doesn't make it any easier for you but in the long run allowing yourself to feel and work through the storm of emotion is right. That being said, if you think it's time to talk to an objective counsellor then that's what you should do. Talk therapy has helped me tremendously in the past giving me a safe place to cry and spew what I wouldn't dare say or share with others. I'm thinking of you lots and hoping that the veil of sadness lifts if only just a little today:)

Cathy, you are awesome!! I love the way you take an idea and make it happen! Enjoy your day off, not sure if the rain will abate for your run, maybe I should check the weather and see what the heck we're in store for, I have such a tendancy to stay in my 'bubble' when stuff happens.

Marcia, you really got the 'cold slap of reality' coming back from your Mexican vacation!! Enjoy your class or IMAX2, whatever Mother Nature decides:)

Judy, hope you can sneak in your run and yoga before the kids get home, I'm kind of relieved to see some typical winter weather here, the house feels very cosy today:)

Alrighty, I'm off to workout, hello to all you fabulous Cheetahs to check in later:D

Take Care
Laurie

Morning Cheetahs!

I don't feel much like a Cheetah. My running has been non-existant lately. ;(

Today starts week 2 of the X. It's chest&back and arx(or a Cathe substitute) for me! My back is still a bit sore so the back work should be tons o' fun today!}( Can't wait to use the bars for push ups. :)

I have to get Joey to the pediatrician for a flu shot this morning and then head straight to the food store. By the time I get home it will be nap time and work out time. I have to remember to call my pharmacy before I leave though. I need to make sure the flu shot is okay for him to get since he is on this seizure med. I am thinking it should be fine but DH and my mom think I should ask. To be honest, I would never think to ask about a vaccine...only another medication.

Cathy: Good job upping your weights. You are doing a fantastic job on the shirts! Thank you! You are a winning Cheetah!!!

Marcia: Sorry you had to come home to a storm. I know you live where it is expected but it's still got to be a bit of a bummer. Have you gotten your brain out of vacation mode and back to reality yet? That is so tough for me to do. I always want another week of vacation to "adjust" after I get home! LOL

Judy: Enjoy your run. I hope you get in some yoga despite the house full of kids!

ETA a hello to Laurie! I pressed enter and there you were! It was like magic! LOL Glad you are feeling a bit better today. Shopping always helps, doesn't it? LOL

Well, I don't have much goof off time here so I'm gonna go finish up my coffee and peruse the rest of the forum.

BBL!:)

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...way to go upping your weights in BSB! So rain makes you want to shop?...Love the shirts, so as I get this right the sizing is mens?

Marcia...have a fun day in the snow

Judy...I am sure running in sleet could be dangerous. Enjoy your TM workout!

Laurie..glad you are feeling a little better today. Times heals all wounds they say...Kickboxing is good for these situations!

Wendy...the 2nd week of the X for you! I bet the push-up bars will really help. I have used my 15 lb hex dumbbells for push-ups before.

I had fun watching Football yesterday but my gosh, all these turnovers do not make any of these 4 teams look very good?....

I'll be doing S&H C&B, abs and an Elliptical workout.

Have a great day...:)

Hey cheetahs! Just a quick check in as we are going to lunch and to a movie today since DH is off work and DS is off school. I thought schools would be closed everywhere due to MLKJr day? Anyway I am going to finish my coffee and be off to do DM. I will come back later today to see what all you cheetahs have been up to today and for personals. I am in for a t-shirt too. I will look at them closer when I come back. Do we all have to order the same color or can they be mixed and matched? I do vote for white myself but I haven't decided my vote for the pic yet. Talk to y'all later.
LD

ACK! I went to leave to bring Joey for his flu shot and there was a stray dog outside. I actually had to reschedule his appt for an hour later because I refuse to put my child in harms way. The dog did not appear to be anything but friendly but I can not take that chance with my child!!! I hope he is gone as we need to leave in 5 minutes now. Now my schedule is all messed up. I hope DS can survive food shopping afterwards as it will surely be lunch/nap time by the time we get to the foodstore. I packed him a snack to ward off the hunger but there is nothing I can do if he is tired. He's not one to fall asleep anywhere at any time. He needs to be in a "bed" so to speak.

I also got a call from the neurologist's office this morning that his f/u check up for tomorrow had to be rescheduled b/c the dr will not be in the office tmrw! I rescheduled it for thursday which is actually a bit better for me since I don't have to work that day. I am just having no luck with dr-related things today! LOL

All right...time to try this again!

BBL and thanks for listening to my mini-rant!:7

Hey, cheetahs~

Since it is so dreary/rainy & chilly out there, it dawned on me—why not go take Cathe’s cardio k’boxing class? So I just spent an hour getting my butt beat! MAN, do I want to join that gym!! There was one guy in the class, and he was really funny – hootin’ and hollerin’ at different times. He looked really buff, so I was glad to see him in pain sometimes, too! :)

Laurie :: enjoy your day off and the extra u/b workout from shoveling! I’m glad the retail therapy helped lift the spirits a bit. I noticed on the open forum that you already have a few bites with respect to on your online dating venture – how exciting! I can’t wait to hear more about it…This way, too, I know what to do when I finally take the plunge! A good k’boxing session sounds like perfect therapy – I confess that I have, on occasion, imagined the face of whoever is on my sh*t list when I do those hammer punches. Yeah!!! It’s fun!

Wendy :: those plans of yours keep hitting snafus, eh? At least Thursday’s a better day for Joey’s appointment anyway. Hope you get the food shopping in. I’m with you – I always want another week of rest after vacation!

Carole :: yeah, it looks like they are just men’s sizes. Rain does give me a bit of the shopping fever. I’m tempted to go check out Freedom Writers instead – I know, I know, a nerdy teacher pick, but it might not happen. I think I'd feel guilty when so much grading awaits me. Will see. I still have to get to the Laundromat since the dryer bit the dust. Enjoy your workout!

LD :: We’d have to get at least 6 people getting the same color…I think it might be best if we settle on one color, though – it’s a little cheaper that way. My preference would be white, too.

Karen :: great workout! Sounds like the meditation is warranted this morning. :)

OK, off to shower. BBL!

G'morning Cheetahs!! You'll never believe it but Kiersten is sick AGAIN!!!!!! I swear this kid picks up everything!! Well, we went to the Dr. first thing & it's strep throat!! At least they got us right in and there was no line at the pharmacy so we got home quickly. So another $20 copay & $40 for meds. UGH!!!!

My plan is to take a spin class tonight at 5:15 at the Y. It will be my first time trying it out, I'm excited! The weather is getting yucky though, it is snowing just a bit but the roads are wet from rain so that's not a good combo!

I never even had a chance to post y'day, we had church & that's when Kiersten started complaining of her throat/ head. Hannah & I spent the afternoon doing girl things like doing our toenails, playing games, etc while the other 2 napped. It was a nice day!

I might do GS C & T this afternoon. I wasn't sore from ME u/b on Sat. Oh, and I ended up doing the scrambled cardio blast from DM on Sat also & took y'day as a rest day.

OK, kids are out of school for MLK day so I'd better find something to keep them busy!

Good morning ladies,
Well, I have been a bit droopy the past couple of days. I was feeling so great about my back and sciatica problem, that I thought I would test it out and try LIC and see what happens. Well, it felt great while I was doing it and no pain or nothing, but on Sunday morning my back was killing me and I was very uncomfortable most of the day. Well, I know I totally brought this on myself not waiting until I had the go ahead:( Anyway, today it feels a lot better and I am just so bummed that I am still not 100%. I really need to be okay with this right now, but dangit, I just so miss running and jumping around. I am taking a rest day today and this week will continue with the elliptical and my weight workout. I know I need to just feel blessed and lucky that I can workout at all. I need to get over myself and just continue to be patient and let me body heal completely. Okay, my rant is over for now:)

Cathy, I love the t-shirt idea and my favorite is running for the mind, body and spirit.

Did you take a Cathe class today? If you did, OMG!!! Fill us in on Cathe and what she was wearing and so on. I would love to be able to do that.

Marcia, glad you had a great vacation. What shock to come home to 7 inches of snow, UGH! We got down to 20 degrees and it was COLD!

Judy, enjoy your run and hopefully you can get some yoga in today:)

Laurie, I am so so sorry about Glen. I am glad you are starting to feel better. It sounds like you have lovely children who really care about their mom. Enjoy your workout and I say go for Powerstrike :)

Wendy, you are more of a cheetah than I am these days. I am just a wanna be cheetah:) Are you enjoying the power 90x or do you miss the cathe workouts? You are always very adventurous when it comes to your workouts. I don't blame you about the stray dog. I love animals, but when it comes to my girls, I am very protective when I see a stray dog. I had a big dog attack me when I was 6 months pregnant and I was terrified and screamed my head off. He got out of his yard and just started chasing me. Anyway, have a great day and a great workout!

Carole, sounds like you had a great run yesterday, even though it wasn't what you had planned. What a great attitude you always have:) Are you off from work today? My hubby is off and I definitley going to enjoy just hanging around the house with my family. We will probably play their new game "operation" Have a great workout and day!

Ld, have fun with your family at lunch and movie. Drill Max will be one of the first workouts I attempt when my back is healed.

Karenvictoria, Great job with Muscle Endurance and your meditation. I ordered the Bryan Kest cd. I cannot wait to try it. I really need some quiet time in my head right now:)

Hello to everyone that follows. I am going to get out of my funk right now and actually feel better just venting about my set back. Actually it is not a set back, it is just a reminder that my body is not quite ready for step.

Have a great day friends!

Susan

Jess,
Oh no! I am so sorry that Kiersten is sick again. I hope she feels better soon! WOW, a spin class. My first time I took one, I thought I was going to be sick. It was really hard, but it got easier the more I did it. It is so much fun. Enjoy GS chest and triceps.

Susan

Good Morning Cheetahs!

I’m tired today after the party and celebration yesterday. DH is totally stoked that the Patriots won. Now it’s ANOTHER party next Sunday. Have to come up with a whole NEW menu. Fun… But it was a good time, and everyone had fun. This morning I slept in a bit then did BMax 2 Cardio and Weights – I added the bonus combo between Shoulders and Abs – I really do love that workout! No matter how many times I do the step routine, I still love it. Normally, I get bored with the routines.

Cathy – good luck with the rain! Thanks again for the work you’re doing on the t-shirts! They’re really nice! I LOVE downward dog – it stretches me sooo well! Okay – NOW I’m jealous! You get to just go and take Cathe’s class in person!! Does she teach similar things to her workouts? Is she as warm and friendly in person? I can’t imagine she’d be anything but…

Marcia – did they end up cancelling? I miss snow days and snow delays. My kids don’t have school today. DH isn’t working, and here I am stuck at work. How fun! Hope you get to teach your class!

Judy – oh, you’re stuck in that fun weather front moving across the country – eh? I hope all stays well for you! Enjoy your treadmill run – absolutely bad idea to go outside for a walk let alone a run in that crap.

Laurie – sounds like a lot of weather out there today!! Enjoy having your little ‘boomarangs” with you today, too. Enjoy your kickboxing workout – I find them VERY therapeutic when you’re upset about something.

Wendy – much better to be safe than sorry, but I think he’ll be okay. How’s he handling the seizure meds? Enjoy P90X C&B and your Cathe Sub (I HATE ARX!). Can’t wait to hear how the push up bars helped! I’m considering some – not for weak wrists but because I do better with them for some reason. Hope the stray dog is gone – I am an animal lover but I absolutely agree with you. Even if the dog if friendly to adults, you never know how it’ll react to kids. Better safe than sorry, but I am sorry your schedule got all messed up!

Carole – you are SOOO right! I was shocked at how many turnovers there were. Did you notice that the NO/Eagles game has the exact same score as the Chicago/Seattle game? And I guess it was the same score as the last time the Eagles played Seattle as well. Weird. And the Ravens/Colts? I think the Ravens stayed home, actually. But DH is very happy, so that’s something. I’m secretly glad that one of our teams lost – I don’t know if I could handle a Ravens/Patriots play off game. :+

LD – enjoy your lunch and a movie – how fun! I love when DH and I do things like that.

Karen – great workout! Good for you!

Oh Jess – I’m so sorry to hear about poor Kiersten! Hope she feels better soon! Strep is the worst! Have fun at spin class tonight – you’ll enjoy that!

Susan – so sorry to hear that your back continues to bother you. Don’t feel too guilty as I know I would be pushing it too. I just hope you feel better soon! I’d be depressed, too. It’s so hard to not be 100% and not do what you know you really want to. I’m thinking of you!!

Well, looks like today will be slow (I KNOW I'm going to regret saying that!). So, have a great day all!

Back for a little bit of personals.

jess- I hope your daughter feels better. It seems like some years they can't shake anything and others years they never seem to get sick at all.

Cathy- So Cathe kicked your rear end. HUH. Good for you for taking her up on it. I would love to go to her class one day. I'm actually not too far. I'm real close to the DE border in Maryland.

Christine- We love the Giants over here. My dh has been bummed since thye lost and and now that the Ravens are out my dad is bummed. Good luck. Brady always seems to pull it out of hit hat some how.

Wendy- Take care today. It seems like one of those kind of days. Take a deep breath and have some wheat thins on me.

Susan- I'm so glad you ordered it. It is so worth it. Remember it takes some time. I can't even make it through like 5 min without drifting but I can really see myself getting better.

Carole- I found a Precor eliptical at BJ's around my way for $299. I'm going to get it with income tax money. I can't wait.

All others have a great workout. I'm off to Target.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Jess :: have fun with your spin class—get there safely!

Susan :: oh no! Sorry LIC was a bit much for your back. It’s hard to be patient, but try to hang in. Who knows? Maybe this “setback” is really an “opportunity” for you to explore cross-training options you might have overlooked before. Maybe you’ll be getting a whole new level of fitness by taking this route! By the way, don’t forget to vote for your favorite saying in the poll (it’s a separate thread in the check-in area). Yes, I did take a class with Cathe…you’re too funny…she was wearing black pants and a red tee and looked super-tinyyyy!

Christine :: looks like you’ve been voted the hostess-with-the-mostest! Glad you had fun. I don’t like downward dog bc I have always found it so tough – my hammies and calves are pretty darn tight. I wind up getting the shakes when I’m in that pose for too long. But I know it’s good for me. This was a cardio-kickboxing workout…we started out doing warmup moves that we see in the workouts – hamstring curls, insole touches, chambers, etc. We also did *A LOT* of squats and lunges – walking lunges, too, ala B&G. We jogged in place as well as around the room (in sort of a snake formation—she was doing a lot of high fiving then)…bounding and hopping much like in DM…Let's see, we did this thing with 5 lb. weights where you’d hold the weights up (like at the top of a hammer curl) and do a controlled jog/run across the room, leave the weights in front of the opposite wall, then *sprint* back to the other side w/out weights, pick up someone ELSE’s weights and repeat many times until I wanted to lie down and die. That was tough. Hmm, what else…there were a few moves where I was just totally lost and GOING THE WRONG WAY (so was the guy next to me, so I didn’t feel too bad):). And we ended with abs – ugh! But it’s so fun having her pump you up or correct form…she is so friendly and cheerful.

I really think I am just going to go ahead and join that gym. It is a 15-20 min drive from my house and probably 35 min from work, but it is THE most immaculate, spacious gym I’ve ever laid eyes on. If I get there two times a week, I think it’ll be worth it. (It’s $40 a month.) What do you ladies think? Granted, I can only take classes with Cathe when I’m off from school or in the summer if I’m not working. But there are loads of ellipticals and other things—and they all have their own personal TVs on them!!! It is heaven.

Karen :: no, you’re not that far…are you near Perryville?…Ooh, you’re off to one of my favorite stores – Target! Have fun! :)

Now back to that danged paper…

PS…Where is Shelly with her race report??

Cathy - oh what a fun time!!! I would love that class - even though it would so totally kick my patootie!! It must be SOOO nice taking classes there! $40 a month is a decent price for a good gym - an incredible price for a gym with an instructor like Cathe! Wow! I say go for it! If you get there 2-3 times a week, it's worth it! I pay twice that for my gym, and while they have good instructors, there's no Cathe!

Karen - The Ravens are my team, so I was bummed, too - but I guess in the interest of marital bliss (okay - whoever coined that term is on serious drugs!) I'm glad one team won and one team lost otherwise I think there'd be a divorce next weekend if the Pats were playing the Ravens... LOL Sorry about the Giants. It's tough when your team makes it to the playoffs but doesn't win.

Yeah - SHELLY!!! YOOOOO WHHOOOOOO Come out and play - we want to know how you did!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.