=K=e=t=t=l=e=b=e=l=l= W=e=d=n=e=s=d=a=y==

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

Just getting us started......

no workout for me yet, my entire back of my body is feeling it from yesterdays workout!:eek: I work till 2 today so I'm not sure if I will get a workout in or not. If I do, I will do the downloadable workout from AOS, the 1200. (or crossfit 603's wod, which looks good too!) I'll keep y'all posted!!

Have a rockin' day!!!:cool:
bbl!

Deanie, I was wondering how your back would be doing today!

I am not sure what I am going to do today. I was planning to do the same wo I did Monday, but I was up from 1 until 5:30 this morning and then woke up at 8 so I am absolutely exhausted. I think I will have to sleep in another room tonight (my husband is a snorer. I woke him up last night and told him to STOP SNORING PLEASE! but he informed me that snoring was just a byproduct of sleep, sorry. :confused:) If I am able to get a nap in today I will try to at least do a light run, maybe a step workout; it will have to be something light and easy. I haven't done a step workout in ages so maybe I will dust one off later. Right now all I can think about is sleep. A rest day wouldn't be so bad, though, since we have been so incredible busy these past couple of days and I have had 2 very tough workouts in a row. We'll see.

Later!

Missy

Good Morning Everyone!

The workout yesterday was great.

Tonight I'm doing a 3-4 mile run unless it rains but there is only a 50% chance so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Gayle ~ I'm glad your mom is doing well. Hope you had a good workout last night.

Andilynn ~ Hope you enjoyed your (sort of) rest day. I bet your house looks nice now.

Marcy - I did do the kb drill after my Crazy Angie workout but it was short so it wasn't too bad.

Missy ~ I liked your workout yesterday. The slam ball/burpee tabata sounded sick (but in a good way). I'm sorry you didn't get enough sleep last night. Just take it easy and listen to your body.

Waves hello to Deanie and Rhonda.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

First, I have to mention that last night I finally hit 200lbs on my deadlift!!! I was able to do it for 4 reps. This feels like a bit of a milestone. :)

Deanie - That WOD you did yesterday hit just about everything! I checked today's 603 WOD, that looks like it might be fun to do outdoors.

Missy - I hope you get some rest. My DH snores sometimes. This may sound mean, but when he does, I sometimes poke him in the ribs to make him roll over...and them blame it on the dog. ;)

Jane - I hope you have great run!

Waves hello to Marcy, Rhonda and Andilynn.

I don't know what I'm going to do tonight, maybe tha 603 WOD that Deanie mentioned. The weather is really nice today, so I'd like to workout outside.

Have a good one! :)

Hi everybody! Well, I just finished Santa Monica , Phew!!! I think I may have lost a little bit doing a full month of STS , I'm thinking of mixing things up again especially since my arms are beginning to bulk with STS and I want to keep the long lean muscle kettlebells are giving me so for the last month of STS I'm going to go back to a week of STS, week of kettlebells. I also have been checking out Crossfit(Thanks Deanie) and I may try those and although I'm still confused reading them ( not sure on what some things mean) I willing to try them out! :)

Gayle-Way to go on the deadlidfts! That's a really heavy weight and you should be very proud!

Jane-Hope your run doesn't get rained out, I'm going to work on the garage today and the front of the house does look nice I ended up doing some scubbing on the porch railings, Whew!

Missy-Hope you get some sleep tonite, my DH used to be horrible but he's on a Sleep Apnea machine now and it's complete bliss!(for me anyhow)!

Deanie-Hope your back loosens up!

Waves to all!:)

Hi everyone!

My hands were sore today so I needed a non KB workout. I did Push Pull. It was kind of fun. I also did 3 chinups this morning.

Deanie- Hope your back eases up.

Missy- I keep the guest bedroom ready. I don't even make the bed up because as soon as DH starts snoring, I'm out. He had the nerve to be offended. Whatever. I need my sleep because I work with teenagers. Get some rest today and hit it tomorrow.

Gayle- Glad your mom is doing well. Way to go on those deadlifts. Are you getting more definition in your legs?

Jane- Glad you had a good workout yesterday. Hope you don't get rained out today.

Andilynn- I want to try Crossfit also. I need to look and see if there is a break down of the terminology. Cash out, buy in, leave your teeth on the dresser :)..all so confusing.

Good Afternoon:

I did Core Rhythms' Salsa Blast today plus Janis Saffell's Dynamic Stretch which had a little bit of pilates in it (bicycles, planks and scissors). I feel the extra cardio is definitely helping me.

Jane - I was looking over your challenge for tomorrow from another site and it really intrigued me:

1-arm situp
Ab Crusher/Russian Twist Combo
Seated Figure 8 Pass
Side Plank Row - love this one!

Seeing as how I'm really trying to firm up my core, this one seems right up my alley!

Deanie - Are you working out today?

Gayle - Great job on the deadlifts! :D

Missy - I hope you get some sleep tonight.

Farmer - WTG on the chinups!

Farmer/Andilynn - Here's a link that I think Jane gave me on all the CrossFit terminology:

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html

Marcy

Can't belive I worked out after work!!!

Good Afternoon!!

I ended up doing the downloadable workout: 1200!! This was a smoker!!! and I really liked it! there were 6 rounds with each round ending with snatches. the snatches started with 10 each arm, laddering up till the 6th round doing 20 snatches each arm. I went heavy with my weights and used the 25# for the snatches. By the time the snatches are done, I've done 180 snatches. I did the intermediate level: going thru the exercises in the round 2X then the snatches. I think the workout for intermediates is 880 reps? if you do the advanced workout it equals 1200 reps total. This was definitely a do again!! The point of the exercises was to go heavy so when you did the snatches, they felt light, and boy did that work!!! So all but 2 exercises were heavier than the 25# bell.

GAYLE:::: YOU THE WOMAN!!! You rock!!!:cool: Great job and Congrats on your deadlifts!! I am totally in awe!!... and a little jealous!!LOL;) The wod does look good today doesn't it!!? I hope you enjoyed it, if you did it!!

Jane::: I hope you get your run in today!

Andilynn::: Interesting that you feel you lost some ground with STS....gotta love Santa monica- fun and tough!! Did you use your ropes too?

Rhonda::: It's been so long since I've done a Cathe workout, when you said Push Pull, I was wondering what crossfit workout that was and would I like it?!!**ha ha**:confused:

Marcy::: fun workout!! I KNOW you can do crossfit workouts!!:) I mostly do the cardio ones although now I feel more confident doing the weight ones (which I scaled down significantly!!:p)

waves to Missy!!

Have a great rest of the day!

Jane - I was looking over your challenge for tomorrow from another site and it really intrigued me:

1-arm situp
Seated Figure 8 Pass

Seeing as how I'm really trying to firm up my core, this one seems right up my alley!

Marcy

Marcy~

I love the Side Plank Row too! I also like the 1-arm situps. I love doing ab work with kettlebells.

Good Afternoon:

I did Core Rhythms' Salsa Blast today plus Janis Saffell's Dynamic Stretch which had a little bit of pilates in it (bicycles, planks and scissors). I feel the extra cardio is definitely helping me.

1-arm situp
Seated Figure 8 Pass

Deanie - Are you working out today?

Gayle - Great job on the deadlifts! :D

Missy - I hope you get some sleep tonight.

Farmer - WTG on the chinups!

Farmer/Andilynn - Here's a link that I think Jane gave me on all the CrossFit terminology:

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html

Marcy

Thanks! I forgot to say hi earlier. I can't wait( well I am going to have to) for my Core Rhythms to arrive. Thanks for the link.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.