+=+= MELTING on Monday! +=++=

Hi, Robin & the rest of you awesome Melters,
I got us up 5 minutes early to be sure we'd be off on time, so I thought I'd say a quick "good morning"!

Robin, thank you for your post on the OD. Thank you all for being so supportive.

We're off on the run; I'll give you an update after it's over. I've built enought time into our "schedule" that we won't be killing ourselves trying to do one event after the other. We have 42 hours after all.:)

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday!
Big {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you all!

Hello, everyone!

I had a really nice time just reading everything posted on yesterday's thread. Like I said yesterday, y'all are GREAT!

Deb - good morning! Thanks for always getting us started.

Kristi - Good luck to you and Todd! I can't wait to hear how the Challenge goes.

So, yesterday I actually fixed that watercolor! Now I like it. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it though. Maybe save it for a Christmas present.

My walk went well, and my calf is definitely improving. About time, too!

I guess I'll be taking two rest days this week, since I have stuff to do after work two days. After last week, I don't think it'll hurt one bit. I thought back over the workouts I did last week, and yow! I worked pretty darned hard. So, today is one of those rest days.

BBL to see the rest of you!

Hi I'm back,

I am so far behind in reading and posting!:( ..I took this morning off ( the 4 hours owed that I worked last week while I was on vacation).. and my cleaning lady comes today so I wanted to make sure she understood what to do with Keegan etc. I will go in this afternoon, hopefully he will be able to hold it in his crate until I get home around 5:30. This will be the longest he has been left in there.

Shelly:
How was your dinner with the berries and cream? Wow did you inspire some cleaning around here or what! How is Karen doing? Were you able to see her yesterday? Did you get to that gym?

Tneah:
You are our "Angel of Skincare"! Thank you for all you have sent! Lip Plumper too? One of the managers that works for me gets fat injections in her lips..they look awful for about a week, then they are back to normal..not sure what the point is in her case..yes puppy breath is like heaven!:D Nice pic of you and your DAD! ( pointedly leaving out the wicked Step Mom!)

Shannon:
How was your "mess around" day!

Robin:
It sounds like you are suffering from jet lag..Get some rest!

Allie:
A shoelace? Whatever it was, at least it came out! Sending ((HUGS)) that you will feel better about the SO not being there..

Krisit:
It's great that the girls will do something like this. Too bad they will be gone while your challenge is going on. I am having good thoughts on a safe and fun trip for them! Good Luck Today!

Kara:
I feel for you and your "construction woes" :-( ..I am sure you will be back to normal in no time!

Leanne:
I think your DAd will find the movie and lunch with you an added "treat" for Father's day. How was the play? I try to split my calcium up into 2 doses a day, but always seem to forget the evening one..and that is the one with Vit D that is so important for calcium absorbsion.. maybe I'll switch the soy one with the vit D one. As for your body fat etc, I say just continue doing what you are doing..its working! do not start starving yourself etc, as that has the opposite effect..

Lainie:
How are the braces feeling? ARe you able to eat more than oatmeal yet?

Jennifer:
It sounds like you are getting all ready for an exciting trip! I went to the website but could not find a place to type in Doctrimper..

Hi to anyone I may have missed...have a great day!

Deb :)

The run is done for today! It was very humid, but overcast for a good while. Once the sun came out, the breeze picked up, so that was nice. I was struggling because of the humidity when we stopped at mile 10 for fuel (a second packet of Gu). DH asked me if I needed anything else, and I said, "Wings for my feet." He said, "I'll pray for that," and at that very moment a friend (who does Danskin triathlons and the Breast Cancer 3 day walks) drove up with a huge smile, a check, and a cheer! I switched my iPod to my Fast Running playlist and took off on the last 3.1 miles with renewed energy and spirit!

Now off to eat before we set out on the bike portion for today.
Happy day to all!

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Ewan and I are having a quiet day at home today. It's his first week home for the summer, but Isaac still has two weeks left. I figured it was a good time to start more serious potty training (he's used the toilet a few times, but not regularly). So we're watching Elmo's Potty Time video and Ewan's wearing "big boy pants". He did manage to use the toilet once already and I gave him a couple happy face stickers. I'm sure there will be accidents, but at least our wood floors are easy to clean.

OK, enough potty talk. I'm in my workout clothes and I'll be hopping up to do Strike Zone for the first time in a few minutes (after Elmo's done talking about going potty).

I'm still fiddling with my new blog format a bit. It is fun to play with it sometimes. I like the fig photo. :)

Kristi, I'm so excited for you and the challenge! And you've already done the run, wow! Great answer to prayer as well. :)

Shannon, glad your calf is doing better. My knee is cracking worse than ever lately, and I've had several rest days! Annoying. It's not hurting, though, so I'm just living with it.

Deb, don't worry about getting behind. You should see how far behind I am just on my emails in my inbox. Ugh. I just keep procrastinating writing emails. Oh wait, just realized I'm behind on personals from yesterday myself. Well, I think I'll catch up on those after working out (because Elmo's almost done singing his last song). Anyway, I'm still not eating much solids, but at least I'm more "regular" now thanks to the oatmeal. No more fuzzy tongue!

BBL.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

Good Morning All!:)

Well, we are a little slow going this morning huh?

Kristi, congrats on finishing that punishing run in the humidity!:eek: That is so awesome, you and DH should be so proud of yourselves, I know I am proud of you!:) Be sure to drink lots of fluids okay?

Deb, ahh, I know you will worry all day long about little Keegan, he will be okay. Will Kelsey act as resident "babysitter?" Don't worry, the little man will be fine. Can the housekeeper let him out to potty?

Shannon, I pm'd ya!:) Enjoy your rest day today!

I cooked for the boys last night, grilled salmon, green beans, sliced tomatoes, huge green salad and garlic toast.:9 I didn't get any but it looked super good.:)
I have a really busy week, doctor tomorrow,another one on Wednesday, surgery on Thursday, Friday to recover, etc....and all sorts of work related stuff too.
Not sure whats on tap for today, I think I might do ME and some cardio this morning...bbl to say hi to everyone else.:)

Morning all!

I had the dentist this morning, so I'm running late.

Deb - I'm sure Mr. Keeganpants will do just fine! I'm sending him some "holding it" vibes ;-)

Shannon - I'm glad you were able to fix your watercolour.

Kristi - I'm sending TONS of positive energy your way to complete your challenge with Todd! I HATE running in humidity. Loathe it. I can't breathe, so huge kudos to you for finishing with vigour this morning!

Leanne - did you end up skipping the boat tour thingie? Your stepmom sounds like a with with a capital B. The poodle was okay, yesterday, but she's just such trash. Sorry. That sounds awfully judgmental, but she is. She's bigoted and says things like "so, he don't really like that..." and "I seen that car". I'm a snob. *sigh*

Robin - we need to figure out a visit in the fall.

Tneah - your dad is a handsome guy! You know, Photoshop would do wonders with that picture. You could just make certain people disappear! ;) And you are gorgeous. Really. Why didn't you get to eat any of the food? Did I miss what surgery you're going in for, or am I just being forgetful?

Allie, Allie, Allie - I'm sending you more huge squeezy {{{hugs}}}. I know it's really hard for you right now, but you made the right decision. It sounds like you have a lot of stressors in your life. I'm glad you went out and enjoyed yourself yesterday. The ice cream sundae sounds yummers.

Lainie - you're cracking me up with your Elmo potty training monologue:p I'm glad you're moving onto to semi-solid food and things are more regular ;) What's this about a package for me?

Did I miss anyone? I have a foggy brain this morning...

Good morning all! :) I am so sorry for not being around much. This house crud is really getting to me. I am a bit of an organization and neat freak, so chaos stresses me out. I have to try and clean what I can this morning and will try to check in later. I have been thinking of all of you! :)

Good luck today, Kristi!

Tneah--I loved the pic you posted yesterday. You dad sounds great. :)

Deb--Keegan could not get any cuter. I showed Emma the pics and she about flipped a lid! :p

Shannon--I am glad your calf is better! Good job fixing the painting. :)

So, I did iTread 'n Tush and Leaner Legs this morning. It felt good! :)

Have a good morning!

Kara

Hi Lainie--Good luck on the potty training! I am glad your tongue is better. I hope your pain continues to lessen! :) Enjoy your workout!

Shelley--How was your weekend? I am sure you accomplished 10 times what I did! :) Have a good day!

Kara

ugh! DH's back tire is flat -- he checked everything last night, but he thinks a near problem became a real problem when he put air in it. Oh, well, at least it happened as we were leaving and not on the road. He's fixing it right now. I guess we'll go to the bike store for more spare tubes when we're all finished today. :) :) :)

Last edited:
Hi. Just a quicky post from work for now.

Tneah, surgery? What surgery? Nothing serious, I hope.

Deb, good luck with Keegan's half day of crate.

Kristi, way to go on the first leg of your challenge.

Kara, I'm with you on hating chaos.

Shelley, fall visit would be great.

Lainie, I like your fig picture too. Have fun with Strike Zone.

Leanne, are you sleeping in this morning?

Shannon, is the motocross thingie all done? Any more this year?

Jennifer, I'm sending you safe flight vibes.

OK, back to work I go....

double ugh! the valve broke off the new tube as DH was taking the pump off, so we are off to the bike shop now for new tubes. still smiling.:) :) :) :)

Last edited:
Oh dear to all of you this morning!:eek:

Allison, I am so sorry bout your tummy...:-( drink some ginger ale and rest...

Kristi..I am so sorry about your bike drama! Keep smiling girl...:)

Shelley, hopefully the dentist was something easy like a cleaning...

Robin, I am getting an implant (tooth) and the surgery is to screw in the metal rod thingy...I know gross...at least its in the very back of my mouth so you cannot see it...icky.

Kara, love your workout this morning,,,I am sitting here wondering what I should do actually...kinda feel like spacing out on the treadmill this morning with a 60 minute itread and then tackling the weights later on today...sigh...not sure...

Lainie, I loved the fig picture too! Your blog is lookin so good, LOL at your Elmo training!

Just walked Georgie, its already 95 degrees this morning, cannot wait to get out of dodge and get on the boat in San Diego!

Kristi - keep smiling - Just think of the stories you'll have to tell!

Allie - sending soothing tummy vibes your way

Kara - I hate chaos too. I'd be going crazy if I were you!

Tneah - yup, just a cleaning. Your surgery sounds icky!

MY SISTER IS HOME!!!! She got home this morning! She'll be off work for six weeks, gets her staples out on Thursday. She has an appointment with the surgeon next week to go over the pathology results!

Good luck, Kristi! Good luck, Kristi! (Said to a cheering chant! If I could do some cartwheels and backflips, I'd do some here! ;-))

Sorry for the late check-in today. We didn't get home from the play until almost midnight (hours past my usual 9:30 bedtime!), but luckily I was able to sleep in until 7:00 this morning. Hooray! Today is DH's last official day of work, and he doesn't have to be in until 11:00 for a lunch meeting. He's finished grading all of his students' final exams, but still has to write comments for all of them by Wednesday. He's such a procrastinator -- we're total opposites that way. :)

So I know we were talking about friends over the weekend, and I was reading something the other day in one of my silly magazines about how women only need TWO really close friends in order to have a fulfilling life. See how lucky we are to have so many more friends than that?!:)

Kristi -- Hooray for being done with the run portion of today's Challenge and being in the midst of the bike portion! Woo-hoo! Yes, keep smiling, keep smiling! You're almost there!!! Good luck to you and Todd for the rest of today! Will you keep checking back in and letting us know how the rest of the day goes? Yes, I love how chatty our Melters group is! Isn't it fun?! Your dad and mom are so great-looking! Your dad looks so distinguished in that photo. Now, you and Todd definitely need to treat yourself to some massages on Wednesday! Glad that the girls got off safely yesterday. That ice cream sundae you had sounds delicious! Ben & Jerry's is our favorite ice cream! I found the xanthan gum at our local health food store, and it's really great. It's a bit pricey (it cost me about $11 for a teeny, tiny bag), but the woman I spoke with said that it would last for over a year. I put mine in a small Tupperware next to my protein powders. It definitely makes a difference in water-based smoothies. I haven't looked into the supplements yet, but I'll let you know what info I find out once I look into it more. I feel so bad that your good friend hasn't been supportive about the Challenge! That has to be so painful, but I hope you know how many other people care about you and Todd and the importance of what you're doing! {{{HUGS}}} and love!

Shannon -- I just PM'd you back. Thank you SOOOO much, you wonderful person, you, for your support! YOU are great, and I feel so lucky to know you and the rest of our Melty friends. I'm so glad that the watercolor is now to the point where you like it. You should frame it and put it up in your house! How great that the walk made you realize that your calf is healing up nicely. Yes, definitely take a rest day today! You deserve it, esp. after last week's intense workouts!

Deb -- Sending positive puppy vibes to Keegan so he does OK in his crate! Will he be staying there from now on while you and DH are at work? Will he eventually be able to come out during the day, or is that too dangerous with no one home to keep an eye on him? I keep a Ziploc baggie in my nightstand to help me remember to take my nightly dose of calcium; when I put on my last dose of lip balm before bed, I see them in there and it helps me remember to take them. :)

Robin -- How is your day going so far? Sounds like you're busy at work! Yes, I got to sleep in, which was wonderful! What's on your workout schedule for today? :) So, has DH been helping with the housework, as promised, since you've been back from vacation? Hope so!

Lainie -- Wow! Your new blog looks so awesome! I loved the fig photo, too! Very apropos! Let us know what you think of Strike Zone. I also noticed on your blog that you'll be doing the KB workout this week! Yeah! And hooray for no more fuzzy tongue. Good luck with the potty training! My SIL is trying to do the same thing with my niece, and it's so much work. Speaking of full in-boxes, I owe you an email from AGES ago (hangs head in shame). I'll get to it soon! :)

Allison -- I'm so glad to hear that you went to your sister's in-laws yesterday and had a blast. That ice cream with your niece sounded great! But you poor thing about feeling so awful today! Can/should you go home from work early? Sending you {{{HUGS}}}, too! You know, I was also trying to think more about places to meet people, and I was wondering if there was maybe a YMCA near you that had cheap yoga or fitness classes of some sort. Maybe the community college does, too. Awhile ago, I took a martial arts class (capoiera, a Brazilian martial art) at the college where I teach, and I went to his group classes once a week at night. I met a ton of people, and it was a lot of fun. The classes were also super cheap, so maybe something like that would be fun to do. In any case, sending you even MORE big {{{HUGS}}}! You're such a special person, and I'm hoping that you'll be out of this rut soon!

Shelley -- Glad that yesterday wasn't too much of a disaster, but she sounds like a real poodle, for sure. I can be a bit of a snob, too, although I'm trying to work on it. We ended up not doing the cruise, and will just take my dad out later this week. Will you get to visit Karen anytime soon? Any news about the pathology report? Hope that the dentist wasn't too awful! :)

Tneah -- Sounds like the dinner you made the boys was delicious! Thank you sooo much again for all your support over the weekend -- and always! It means so much to me! Now, I knew you had a Dr.'s appointment on Tuesday, but what is this about SURGERY on Thursday? Is everything OK? I don't remember you mentioning this before. :-( Let us know if you're alright! {{{HUGS}}}! So are you still thinking about doing the bootcamp class to meet some fitness folks? That would be so much fun for you to do! And what about the hot yoga? That sounds a bit intense! :)

Kara -- Please don't feel bad about not checking in so much lately! We miss you, but know that things are super busy with your house stuff right now. Sending you {{{HUGS}}} that you get it all done soon so you can come and play some more with us!

Jennifer -- Glad you had a nice weekend! I haven't had a chance to check out your dad's photo, but will do that soon.

Sending all you amazing women some {{{HUGS}}}, love, and :* 's!!

Hey all,

My post took me so long to write that it ended up showing up UP THERE

^
|
|
|
|
|

Just wanted to say -- HOORAY that Karen is home!! What SUPER good news!

And . . . Tneah, I'm so glad that the surgery isn't going to be too awful! I was worried about that!

Love you ladies!

OK, I just got a chance to read the weekend posts and wanted to catch up.

Kristi—Unfortunately DH and I don’t have any plans today. The house is the priority right now…Your parents are lovely! They look very distinguished. Sorry about all of the problems today. Keep smilin’, right?????

Lainie—Your blog looks fantastic! Wow, I am really impressed!

Allison—{{{{{HUGS}}}}} I am so sorry for all that you are going through. I just graduated from college and took some courses in the evening with mainly “adults”. I always felt a bit left out because they were their own group and had full-time day jobs, etc. Then during the day, I was with 20 year olds that didn’t know what to make of me. I also didn’t (don’t) fit in with the SAHM crowd around here. Anyway, my point is…I would have loved finding a friend like you at school, so keep a lookout! I am sure there are women who are struggling making connections just like you are. Does your school have a gym? Are you interested in Crossfit? I just found a class in my area and am thinking about taking it. It looks tough, but fun! I am glad you hung out with your family last night. It sounds like you had fun!

Leanne--Hi there! It sounds like you had a nice night last night! I meant to tell you that I thought your rotation looked really good the other day. One suggestion...instead of abs after the chest&tri workout, you could do yoga. I have found that yoga after an arm workout really strengthened my arms, especially triceps and shoulders. It also works the core really well. I always despised yoga, but forced myself to do it twice a week and now wouldn't give it up for anything. Just thought I would throw that out there. I hope you don't mind! Do you and DH have any fun plans for this week? It must be nice to have him around!

Robin--Good luck with refrigerator shopping tomorrow! Have a good day.

Back to cleaning…

Kara

Whew. Just got done with Grace...the hag.:p 60 minutes is a long time and I actually ran for 90 seconds...bad Tneah bad...

Leanne, you a snob? What are you kidding me???:eek: I just cannot imagine you have a snobby bone in that tiny little body of yours. Glad you and DH got a chance to see the play, it sounds so romantic and wonderful. How is the weather in SD?

Yeah, its kind of an icky surgery, but not a big deal at all. Oh and wanted to post the link to the supplements...Mr. Trainer man sells them on his web site, the post recovery one is nasty but the others actually taste good.:9

https://store.bodybyo.com/

Again, I use the recovery, pre and post workout complex and the glutamine...you could probably find the glutamine powder cheaper at the health food store though, but it will not taste as good. Also, they last forever too...

I have to bring my car in for a "check-up" so won't be back for awhile..and had to tell Leanne and Robin our avid readers, that I picked up some short stories by Fitzgerald, and started reading them last night..."Bernice Bobs Her Hair"....see? I have a little depth!Ha!:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.