===Kettlebell Check In Thursday===

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

Hard to get out of bed this morning!
Here is my workout from my blog:

Diva: 7 rounds/ 3 exercises per round/ 1 min. per exercise
not posting entire workout, just some of the exercises....

Okay workout today.
Intermediate level: 30 seconds rest between rounds
swings - 45#kb for one minute - 2 hand and h2h
cleans - 35#kb - hard - alternated 4 each side for a minute
2 hands anyhow -went much better- I used a 20#kb and an 8#db
clean and press- did the long cycle c&p - 35#kb
squat triple crush - didn't realize it said squat:mad: :mad:ended up doing a triple crush with the 30#kb - hands very slippery
suitcase deadlift - 35#kb
kb jerk- 35#:) - not sure if I was doing the jerk or the push press, they are both so similar....
iron cross- 12#db- last time did 10#db
H2H sumo
- 45#kb
waited about 3 minutes- needed it!, and not sure what kb to use for snatches- decided to give my hands a break and used the 20#
snatches - 2 minutes- 60 seconds each side- should have used the 25#kb:mad:

hard workout, dripping sweat, but not happy about messing up with the squat triple crush, and i switched, again by mistake, the iron cross and frog jumps (did them out of order) also ticked off - should have done the snatches with the 25#, I was being lazy.:mad:

........ sore from yesterdays workout when I woke up, almost didn't workout this morning, but don't think I would workout this afternoon, so made myself get up!!

=====================================

DS's game was not played last night, the field was unplayable. He has another game scheduled tonight, but they are calling for rain again!! I don't think he will be playing tonight either:(

Gayle:: read your blog...great workout yesterday! your buy in and cash out were a workout on their own!!LOL;) 30 seconds always seems to look so fast on paper, till your actually doing it! then I find myself mentally saying "when is that stupid gymboss going to beep!!!" did you like the workout? I am thinking of trying it next week.....

MIssy::: Hope you enjoyed your rest day!

waves to everyone else
bbl
Have a great Thursday!!

<<should have done the snatches with the 25#, I was being lazy.:mad: >>

Deanie - I highly doubt that you were being lazy. That workout looks tough. We're getting a bunch of rain over the next few days as well. It'll be nice for the plants, but I hope it doesn't hatch the mosquitoes! :eek:

I liked the CF Jersey Shore workout a lot. It was harder than I thought...I think the 30 second circuits are deceptive. It felt a little like a mini "Fight Gone Bad". The transition from burpees to thrusters was the worst. I had to go down in weight for the thrusters on round 3. I was also really trying to use strict form on the burpees.

Marcy - Good job on Imax3!

Jane - Did the rain hold off for your run?

Missy - Hope you had a good rest day.

Waves hello to Andilynn and Diana.

I'm heading into the gym tonight and working presses and jerks. I'm kinda borrowing and modifying some ideas from CF603 and CF HQ.

Buy-in:
20x 2-arm dumbbell split jerks, alternating legs (15#)

WOD:
Press - 3-3-3-3-3

Split Jerk - 1-1-1-1-1

Cash-out:
3x5 Renegade Rows (5r/5l)

[FONT=&quot]Have a good day everyone!
[/FONT]

Good Afternoon,

Today I will be doing the following workout. I was be using my 45# kb for this one (swings and deadlifts). This is the first time I will be using the 45#kb in an actual workout but the reps are low so I think I can handle it.

5 rounds
10 swings
10 jingle jangles
10 Box Jumps
10 1-arm sit ups (5/5) - 14#kb
10 KB deadlifts

Deanie ~ Great workout today. I don't think you were being lazy with the snatches. Great job getting out of bed and getting the workout done!!

Gayle ~ I'm glad you liked the workout yesterday. Those thrusters can really hurt you. I'm happy all your plants will be getting some rain. No rain last night so I was able to get my run it. We're in summer mode here. It's already in the high 80's and will be in the 90's next week. We haven't had any rain in a while.

Marcy ~ Good job on Imax 3! I don't do the step workouts because I have 2 left feet.

Waves hello to Missy and Andilynn

Good Afternoon!

I did Cindy Whitmarsh's Results 10 Days to a Better Body (the Lower Body workout). There are 2 workouts on here, one for lower and one for upper. Circuit workouts that alternate 1 min. strength with 1 min. cardio. I used 10# throughout including ab moves.

I did squats, reverse lunges, deadlifts (regular and with feet turned out), 1-legged deadlifts, curtsey lunges, low lunges (really felt those - 32 on each side bringing leg in and out), squat with cross punch for abs and reverse overhead crunch.

I actually upped the intensity on the cardio and managed to do 1 min. of terminator climbers (a la Bootcamp) (she did really slow burpees) and substituted ski jumps for lateral skaters. The rest of the cardio was jacks, hops on 1 leg (this was the toughest cardio for me), boxer shuffles, alternating front kicks, alternating roundhouse kicks, mountain climbers and a couple of others which I can't remember.

Pretty good, effective workout for 35 mins. I'll be doing Upper Body tomorrow. I ended with B&G Stretch.

Deanie - Great workout! You're entitled to be lazy once in a while but after doing the rest of the workout, I'd probably only be using 20 too. My hands also get slippery with the triple crush.

Jane - Good luck with the 45#! It's good you got your run in. We've had rain here all week.

Gayle - Hope you have a great workout tonight!

Waves hello to Missy, Andilynn & Diana!

Marcy

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to pop in and thank you for your responsed. I have 3 AOS KB w/o's, Providence, Empire State and Newport. I've done all of them and really enjoy them. I need to increase my KB selections and have asked for 30# kb for Mother's day.

Where do you find the Crossfit workouts? These sound right up my alley. I currently take an outdoor bootcamp class that can be pretty intense at time.

Diana

Hi Diana,

You can go to www.crossfit.com to find information on Crossfit. I go to the affiliate page and most of them post workouts. We love the Jersey Crossfit site. You might want to check out www.gymjones.com and www.mtnathlete.com as well.

I also attended a fitness bootcamp that used many principles of Crossfit. I stopped going when I realized that I could do it at home in my backyard for less money.

Where do you find the Crossfit workouts? These sound right up my alley. I currently take an outdoor bootcamp class that can be pretty intense at time.

Hi Diana - There are a bunch of CrossFit sites (and some CF-like sites) to pull from. The main CrossFit site is www.crossfit.com, but I like a lot of their affiliate sites better. There are a bunch listed on the main site that you can check out. Here are some of my faves:

CrossFit Jersey Shore (They're very kettlebell oriented. You may need to sign up for their newsletter to see the workouts, but it's free and they don't bombard you with spam) - http://www.newjerseycrossfit.com/

CrossFit 603 - http://www.crossfit603.com/

Mountain Athlete - http://www.mtnathlete.com/index.php

Gym Jones - http://www.gymjones.com/

ETA: Jane it looks like posted at the same time. :)

Last edited:
Hey, guys, this is going to be short again. :( I am going to lie down and try to get more rest because I didn't sleep again last night - WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!?! I am exhausted, but I just can't fall asleep, and I don't know why. I think that over the last 48 hours I have gotten a collective 6 hours total of sleep. Do you guys ever get like this?

When I finally get some rest I am going to try one of the WOD's you guys do, they look crazy fun! :)

I will be back later for personals, and if I pass out and don't get back on tonight I hope that you all have a lovely evening and sleep well and I will chat with you all tomorrow!

Missy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.