====KETTLEBELLS=FRIDAY====

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

just getting us started....no idea what I am going to do in a moment!!LOL
I'm off today and have extra time, may do a longer workout!?? Apparently too much time to think is no good for my workouts, too much thinking and I'm confused!!:confused::p

later gators!:cool:

Good morning!

Deanie - Have a good workout with whatever you choose. I'm sure it'll rock. :)

Marcy - That Patrick Gadeau workout looks interesting. How long is it?

Missy - I hope you got some sleep.

Andilynn - WTG with STS!

Waves hello to Jane and Rhonda!

Well, last night's workout was 12 minutes of brutal. 65lb thrusters were really more than I could do, so I ended up backing down to a 45lb bar during the second round. I should've started with 55lb and just stuck with it.

I ended up doing 6 full rounds, plus 5 thrusters and 5 burpees.

The 1 mile run took me 11:30...not fast.

I don't know if I'll be able to get a workout in today. I'm off today and heading out to visit my mom in the hospital. She got herself a bionic knee yesterday (knee replacement). The operation went well, so the recovery begins.

Have a great day!

Good morning kettlebellers :)

Gayle, lots of healing vibes to your mom

Deanie, I know you'll find something great to do today - once you make up your mind :p Do you have the AOS ropes? I have been wanting some but haven't been able to work up the nerve to spend so much money on 1 fitness item.

Jane, last night's workout looked awesome! I am copying and pasting it for later use.

Rhonda, is the DOMG any better today? ;)

Marcy, you didn't bore me at all with your list of dancy stuff! Like I said, I really wish that I was graceful enough to do all of that and I totally admire those who can... I mean, gushy admiration! It is a special skill that I don't have and never will.

Andilynn, you sound like me! I have been telling everyone I know to see ST, too. IT IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!

Well, no workout for me again today. I can barely keep my eyes peeled open - I AM SO PATHETICALLY MISERABLE!!! I am hoping that it will start to get better after this point. I was told there is nothing I can do but bear through it and lotion up, grrrr, I am bearing through it but I am so not happy. Guys, my kids are home so if you pray please pray for them because I don't know if I can be nice, I am so tired and feel like a grizzly. :mad: DS has a dentist appointment, I have to go grocery shopping, the house is a mess - I got about an hour of sleep at a time last night and was up for almost 2 hours in between from 10 last night to 8 this a.m., so someone do the math (I can't think). I want to throw and smash things, this is so irritating and frustrating. Poison ivy sucks.

Sorry for all the whining. :( I hope everyone has a great day despite it.

Missy

Hey again!:)

I was going to post my workout first...

but I am sending Missy a big ((((HUG))) first instead!!!! Feel better chicka!!!

okay, now my workout:::
Providence

Round 1: swings -35#

Round 2: cleans- 35#

Round 3: chest presses – 35#

Round 4: squats/sumo Deadlift – 35#

Round 5: one leg Deadlift – 35#

Round 6: windmills into an overhead squat- alternating sides – 30#

Round 7: clean and press- ladder of 5 starting with 1 – 30# only did 5,4,3

Round 8: flip and squat – dropped to 20#

Round 9: tactical lunges – dropped to 20#

Round 10: triple crush – 25#

Round 11: sling shot into a figure 8 with a static hold - 30#

Round 12: seated press – ladder of 5 – 20#

Round 13: one arm row – 1 ladder of 5 – 35#

Round 14: pullovers, Russian twists, Sicilian crunch – 20#

Round 15: 3 minute snatch test – 20#

***comments:::
jumped rope between rounds (manila rope) jumped @ 20 rotations between rounds
same weights as last week except where noted
snatch with 20#kb (still practicing form)

great workout! but I am done doing Providence for a while. I like it, but would rather do Firepower or Santa monica once a week instead. I think they have a higher "fun factor"

============================================

gayle::: I read your blog!! great job with the thrusters/burpees!! I think the time you ran is good considering you did the other first!! I hope all is well with your mom and I'm glad the surgery went well. Have a nice visit!

missy::: you? mean?? I doubt it. don't worry about the house work and let the kids play out side in the back while you relax on the deck..... everything else is secondary!! better yet... can you get your kids playdates???;) I do have the AOS ropes and I love them!! I used them yesterday! I didn't buy them from AOS, but ebay (also got my jumpropes from there) I will post the link. Much cheaper and the same thing. Also when I bought the jumpropes, he recognised me as a repeat customer and threw in another kind of rope he thought I would like better for jumping for free!!! (love free stuff) and I do like the ropes (all of them;))

Jane::: How was the workout???

waves to Marcy, Rhonda, and Andilynn!!
BBL! TGIF!!

rope info:::

I got the 1.5" rope, my hands are small and I thought this was better for me. It is, so I'm good. I also only got 40', its all that will fit in my basement (maybe could have gotten 45', but again, I'm good with what I got)

here is a direct link to the store:

http://upstaterope.com/home

hth!! let me know what you decide!!:)

here it is in ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MANILA-ROPE-1-1-2-DIA-CUT-TO-LENGTH_W0QQitemZ230306320623QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBoat_Parts_Accessories_Gear?hash=item359f5390ef&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1171|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Last edited:
Okay, I have way too much time on my hands today! I'm back again!!LOL

Jane::: where did you get your slam ball from?

thanks

Good Afternoon!

I decided to do one of my new yoga practices today: Tripsichore Yoga with Edward Clark. He is probably to vinyasa what David Swenson is to ashtanga yoga. I did the "simple" practice today which was anything but simple. It has a headstand and handstand version. I picked the handstand hoping he would give a little instruction on it but to no avail. I did however hold my headstand for 11 seconds and managed to do scorpion for about 1 second! I tried peacock but it was a disaster: http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/2495

He does a lot of standing, walking splits and his sequencing is a little different than what I was used to.

There are two more advanced practices on this DVD and I can only imagine what I'm in store for.

Gayle - Great workout! The Patrick Goudeau workout is 60 minutes. There are two parts. The first 30 minutes is standing and the second 30 minutes is either on the step or the floor. The second half is harder. Hard Work Conditioning 2 is about 86 minutes and is supposed to be tougher. The cardio intervals are basic choreography (compared to his usual very complex stuff) and not as tough as Cathe but they keep your heartrate up through the workout.

I'm glad your Mom's surgery went well and I hope she has a quick recovery.

Missy - ((((HUGS!!!))) So sorry you're having such a rough time. I know itching can be brutal. I've had many sleepless nights. I had taken hydroxyzine which helped the itching and the sleeping for a little bit. Hydrocortisone works the best for me (better than Calamine lotion). Just a few ideas that might help. I say skip the housecleaning (unless people are coming over but even if they are, they should understand under the circumstances). Whine away! We all need to vent sometimes.

Deanie - Great workout! I agree about Firepower and Santa Monica having a higher fun factor and I'm sure Santa Monica is great for you since you have the ropes. You get your cardio and strength all in one workout.

Waves to Jane and Andilynn!

Marcy

Hi Everyone,

I'm late checking in today. Spent the day with my parents and now I'm figuring out what to do for my workout. I have one planned but it's thundering out (but also sunny) so I'll have to see what my road looks like once it the storm (if it does) comes through. I was planning something with running so I'll log back on later and let you know what I did.

The workout last night was tough...not so much the workout but the heat. I haven't gotten acclimated to the 90 degree heat yet. I spent most of the workout trying not to puke. :confused:

Gayle ~ I glad to hear your mom's surgery went well. Hope her recovery is speedy.

Missy ~ {{{hugs}}}. Don't worry about the house or the mess. There's always time for that. You just take care of yourself!

Deanie ~ I got my smaller balls (8# and 10#) from Sports Authority but the 25# ball I got from Power Systems. See link below. Make sure the ball does not bounce.

http://www.power-systems.com/p-3473-dura-med-ball.aspx

Waves to Marcy, Rhonda and Andilynn.

I'll post later with my workout.

This is the workout I did tonight. It rained so no running.

Strength and Conditioning (form Jersey Shore Crossfit)

KB upright rows
KB front squats
Push ups
Heavy Swings
Double-armed kb shoulder press
Heavy med ball sit up and reach.

20 seconds work/10 seconds rest - 5 rounds

Then I did 2 minutes of jump rope and then the lightening drove me inside.

Hi everyone

Late posting today. Our seniors had a picnic so I went to it. I am amazed at how many of them have tattoos and piercings.

I woke up feeling a little stiff so I did 3 segments of Classical Stretch. I was going to do cardio but I just didn't.

Deanie- Good job on Providence. You are inspiring me to get a jump rope. So are you jumping with the manila rope or a regular jump rope? How do you use the manila rope?

Missy- I was looking at some of my itch medicine and it has comfrey in it. Maybe you can find some comfrey tea bags. Don't worry about the house. Get to it when you feel better.

Marcy- Could you please stop posting all the cool workouts :)? My wallet can't take it. DH won me the Core Rhythm dvd's yesterday off of Ebay. He got them from the same seller as you.

Gayle- Hope your mom has a speedy recovery. Enjoy your time with her.

Jane- When is the weather going to let up? Hope you get good weather soon.

Waves to Andilynn.

Have a great evening/weekend.

Rhonda

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.