=======KETTLEBELLERS FRIDAY MAY 8======

Good morning ladies! I slept last night - ALL NIGHT LONG! You have no idea how good I feel this morning after the last couple of days, I'm so happy! :D:D:p The glass of wine I had with dinner must have helped. ;)

I won't be able to work out until this afternoon and when I do it will be SIM and I haven't decided what I will do afterwards; I will probably do a short run because it is so nice out. If it starts to rain today I will do a couple of rounds of a WOD - CAN'T wait to try one!

I will be back in a few to catch up with you guys. :)

Missy

Good Morning Missy and all who follow:)

No workout for me yet today. I was up late last night playing mahjong and decided to sleep in today and workout when I get home today at noon! I plan to do a WOD of running and box jumps. I want to do swings and pull ups too, so I'll have to add them in somehow.....

Missy::: Yea! to sleeping all night long!!:)

Gayle::: How'd the workout go?

Jane::: How was using the 45#er and the workout yesterday? I'm sure you were able to handle it!!:)

Marcy::: Enjoy your UB workout today! Are you going to add some pullups?

waves to Andilynn and Rhonda!!

I hope everyone has great workouts today!
I'll BBL to catch up!

Have a great FRIDAY!!

Last edited:
Good morning!

Missy - Glad you got some good sleep last night! It really stinks when you can't sleep. I sometimes have a similar thing happen during really busy and/or stressful times...I'll get a "chatter" in my head late at night that won't let me sleep.

Deanie - Have a good workout this afternoon. I'm interested to see what you decide to do.

Jane - I like the looks of that WOD yesterday. How was the 45# KB for this?

Marcy - Sounds like you got a ton of work into 35 minutes!

Waves hello to Diana and Andilynn!

Last night's workout was okay. I topped out at 55lbs on the presses, got 1 rep in at 60, but failed on the 2nd. I topped out my jerks at 90lbs. I haven't done split jerks in a while and wasn't feeling overly confident under the bar. My previous PR was 100lbs, so last night wasn't quite there.

Tonight I'm going to try, for the FIRST TIME EVER, to do a Cardio Coach on the dreadmill. :eek: It'll be volume 1 or 2 since they're short. I'm doing the VT/NH Susan Komen 5k run in July and really haven't run since last year's race, so I need to get some practice in.

I'm not a very good runner, so this may be hard. I might be trying to channel Jane about half way through. :D:D

Have a good day!

Good Afternoon

Once again I am a little ticked off:mad: I wasn't paying attention, and did my workout wrong today!!:mad::mad: I was supposed to do 5 rounds of the workout, instead I did 3!! That's twice this week when doing workouts on my own I messed up! I will have to concentrate better next week.

Here is my wrong workout posted from my blog!:

WOD 4/23/09 from crossfitoneworld

buy in (my own)
jump rope 2 minutes (used the manilla rope)
4X6 pullups (assisted)

WOD
Complete five rounds for time of:

• Run 400m
  • 25 box jumps (M:24"/W:20")
Here is how I think: A single four hundred meter run done multiple times in a workout should be completed in less than two minutes. 25 box jumps should be completed in less than one minute. That means this workout should be completed in less than 15 minutes.

**comments:
*WOD was for 5 rounds, for some reason I thought it said 3 so I only did 3 rounds:mad: apparently this is why dvd's may work better for me:rolleyes::eek:
*used the manila rope- hard, did 1 min jumps/30 second rest/ 1 min. jumps
*run 400m - I ran .25 on the treadmill:
1st run: 5.5-->6.0 speed
2nd run: 6.5 speed
3rd run: 6.5-->6.7 speed
*I did not do 25 box jumps in one minute or less!!:eek:
total time 3 rounds: 11:50
*next time start running at 6.7
good workout, tough, will have to do it again the right way one day with 5 rounds!!
:mad::mad:

Gayle:: Sorry your workout last night wasn't quite what you wanted (I understand, see above!:p) but your numbers still look good! Enjoy your cardio coach! I can only take the treadmill in small doses myself

waves to everyone!

Happy friday!

Good Afternoon,

The workout with 44# last night was great. I was able to handle it without any problem although I really felt it later on in the evening.

I am planning the following for today's workout although I may modify it. I've been at my parent's all day today and I'm tired. This is a tough one so it's either going to be less rounds or half reps.

Number Cruncher
5 Rounds
400m Run
10 Squats
100 Jump Rope
10 Man makers

Deanie ~ Don't be mad at yourself. You worked out and that is most important.

Missy ~ So glad that you got a good night of sleep! Getting rest is so very important.

Gayle ~ Best of luck with Cardio Coach. Love the "dreadmill". I cannot run on those things. I don't know if you want to channel me on a run. :p I'm not the best runner but I do my very, very best.

Waves hello to Andilynn and Marcy and thinking of Rhonda having fun in California!!

Good Afternoon!

Another busy day at work! I did 10 Days Results Upper Body Workout today (which I actually thought was better than Lower Body):

Rows: 8 slow & 8 sets of pulses (3 reps each) - 18#
Cardio - heel digs
Balancing rear delt raise: 8#
Cardio - jumprope
Kickbacks - 8#
Cardio - Scissor jumps with punches
Shoulders: 5# - bent arms go back, forward, up and down and then windshield wiper motion
Cardio - Plyo Back Lunge
Balancing Clean & Press (right side)- 10#
Cardio - Jacks
Balancing Clean & Press (left side) - 10#
Cardio - Football drill & jump
Standing Tricep overhead extension - 13# (pulsing down)
Cardio - Ski Jumps
Biceps - Curl up, out, in and down, slow and then in 1 move (tough!) - 10#
Cardio - Speed skaters with elbow strike
Repeater knees - 1 slow set of 8 and 6 fast sets of 8 - right side
pushups - 8 with a 2-2 count, 16 singles (all on toes)
Repeater knees other side
Renegade Rows - 10# on all toes
Plyo jumps from low squat
Abs - with heels dug in floor - cross punches - 5#, then lower, come up with cross punches
Plank jacks holding on to dumbbells (tough!) - stopped after 45 seconds.
Abs - Reverse crunch with bent and straight legs
Mountain climbers
Stretch

All in 34:38 minutes!

Missy - Glad you got a good night's sleep!

Deanie - I didn't add pullups this time but I will next time. I get confused reading your workouts sometimes so kudos to you for figuring them out. Still sounds like you had a good workout.

Gayle - Good luck with Cardio Coach! I love your comment about the "dreadmill"! I feel the same way! I'm not much of a runner either but do plan on trying again real soon.

Jane - Congratulations on getting through your workout with 45#!

Waves to Andilynn and Rhonda in California!

Have a great weekend!

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.