<3 ~ ** CHEETAH'S Holly Jolly Monday ** ~<3

meatlessinca

Cathlete
Happy Monday Mornin’, Cheetahs! –

I figured I’d go ahead and start the thread since it has technically been Monday Eastern Standard Time a few hours now - I was up sooo late working on my final project for class that is due this coming Sat midnight....going to bed soon but I thought I’d better post first

I didn’t have a chance to post since Friday because DH and I left Saturday and spent the night down in Sacramento. We attended a holiday get together with friends from the company he had worked for the past 14 years. This year was so hard on my poor ol’ DH. The boss/owner of the company I’m speaking about passed away in April from cancer and sad thing is he would have only been 50 this year. It devastated everyone and the company had to be closed out over the summer and everyone found new jobs. Well, things did work out well for most everyone and since we used to get together for more fun after the annual Christmas party every year, we decided to get together over this weekend and had a nice dinner and party, then we all said a prayer and toasted to Tim Buntain (the owner who passed away) God bless his generous, kind soul. Was a lovely time with everyone, but I know it will take DH a little more time to heal as he and Tim were also friends for more than 20 years and Tim was always very good to my DH. Soooo, anyway that’s why I wasn’t home and then had to spend time after I got home to get things done.

BTW – The new hair-do is great. I’ll get time after my final project is completed to set up a pic trail and then let ya’ll see the difference.

Sunny – LOL yeah, I need to quit posting my “proposed” workouts as well as it seems something always alters the plan. Good your headache is history and the workout was good….

Shelly – Hey, the Salt Lake City Marathon also has a half, and a 5K so this would be a great Cheetah GTG place! Salt Lake would be doable for me in April and I have a zillion airline miles I can use. What do you think? should we try to enable a few cheetahs to this one? I’ll highlight the text here so the other cheetah’s will catch it: There’s the 5K, a half marathon, and the full marathon – something for everyone! LOL

Cathy – Awe, I envy ya’ll that can do the pull ups and chin ups…sheesh, I ‘m still trying to do those stoooopid pike things on the ball…LOL It is a sight to see and I always scare the bajeebers out of my dog trying to do them…

Carole – you in for Salt Lake? - see my post to Shelly…LOL. We get snow a few times a year it seems and I always get snow at work (Grass Valley) a lot but sometimes it doesn’t stick much to the roads. We do get a snow day or two though…gotta love them!

Judy – Oh goodness, we’ve had trees like that. I now have an artificial tree and don’t have to worry anymore about the straightness or fitting a tree into the stand. I miss the fresh pine smell in the house but I got an artificial tree because I do an antique tree in my living room (where my 100 year old parlour grand piano is situated) and the lights I use are the Noma bubbler lights from 1948 and the lighted angel tree-top is from 1949. I also have accumulated antique ornaments as well. Anyway, my DH was paranoid about a fire with a live tree drying out and using the older lights so I got an artificial tree and I don’t use the lights unless I’m home. Nice that your DH came to your race and sent you that article on running – very cute.

Wendy lou – OMG – you ARE dedicated. I would never have come home and worked out after going to a wedding. Oh, and I’m delighted that Joey is ok, although I never knew what happened to him but it sounded serious and I’m glad he’s ok now. What a nice relief for you and DH…

Wendi – Lol at your “post 300 letdown”…..Glad you solved the injury issue….and I need to get going to finish my decorate max…youz guyz are making me thinks I’m waaaay behind on that now…LOl

Linda – LOL – ok, now I can’t get enabled by the kettle ball talk…I already had to endure DH’s rolling eyes and chuckles as the elves presented him with my BOSU to hide for Christmas….Awe, don’t be mad at yourself – you’ll probably end up loving them!

Christine – Ok another cheetah getting the decoratemax done…I really need to finish mine up! Hey, I see where you mentioned to Cathy about Tahoe. We are only about 40 minutes from Boreal up I80. Love Tahoe – very pretty. I’ll have photos in my pic trail of Sunnyside Lodge – have you been there? Right on Lake Tahoe on the California side. South of Tahoe City off of 89 past Squaw Valley.

Well, alrighty then, that should do it......(huge yawn, crossed, red eyes)

Toodles,

Thomasina

Good Monday morning, cheetahs! :)

Carole :: I don’t remember how often they’re done in the X…that sounds about right…but I guess I’ll stick with 1x/week for this rotation…yikes! Sorry about the recurring pain…I noticed my low back really tightened up during my run Saturday…and it’s bothering me somewhat again…I think it is the impact. So it might be good that I'm doing more EXT than outdoor running right now.

Linda :: I am doing assisted pull-ups (standing on the BOSU)…enjoy those glute DOMS! Haven’t tried the kettle bells. Let us know what you think when you try them.

Sunny :: I was told I would still have some breakouts the first few months on the Accu…I think the dosage adjustment will probably do it for you…I actually didn’t run outdoors yesterday – I used the EXT because of the cold rain. Even when the rain stopped, it was really chilly and damp. Wasn’t supposed to be any precipitation til the afternoon, but the forecast was wrong.

Wendi :: glad you solved the shin pain mystery…oh man! Too bad about being one spot away from snagging the prize money! When’s your next tourney?…I’ve only skied two seasons, so I’m still learning a lot myself.

Christine :: A girls’ weekend in Tahoe sounds great! We will be staying near Winter Park from the 26th to the 30th. If you get the urge to come down there, let me know! Can you demo “normal” skis or just the kind designed for kamikaze-racer types? Glad you finished all your decorating, enjoyed the games, and gave that achilles a break.

Thomasina :: Wow, you were up late working! What are you taking classes toward?…Sounds like it must have been an emotional weekend…but what a fitting tribute for a good man taken too soon…Your antique tree sounds beautiful.

This evening will be yoga or a stretch DVD (TBD).

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/holidays/th_tomtebart2.gif

Good morning Thomasina and Cathy! Finishing up a 3 night stretch at work and so far hasn't been too bad at all! I was quite busy the first part of the night with a very emotional anxious patient and spent alot of one on one time with her but she settled down and is snoozing now:) A large part of my job is very much "psych".
I had a great workout yesterday even though it was between two 12 hr shifts. My run felt great even though I was a wussie and opted for the treadmill rather than run in the snow! I did musclemax when I woke up.
Haven't done this one in a while and it felt good!

Thomasina! Great to have you back. Sounds like you had a very poignant, sad, but heartening weekend. It's always so tragic when cancer strikes down someone so young and vital. I've only recently been considering the Salt Lake City marathon as my next goal. The course sounds beautiful and fast! I've never been there but would love to see it. I thought you were set on doing the Flying pig!
I would be thrilled to have you join me! I look forward to seeing pics of the new you!!

Cathy- Ready for a new week? You put in an awesome workout yesterday!
Great job with the pullups :eek: have a great yoga monday!

After work I get to mail off all the packages to the in-laws in NJ
(oh joy) but on the bright side I'm also sending off cards to my favorite cheetahgang! I'll be doing some kind of fun but sweaty cardio when I wake up. Actually undecided on what!! Very unusual for me... I usually have things more planned out. I definitely will be doing some EXT work though later.

ShellyC

A little more catch up from yesterday:) :) :)

Carole- I'll have a good 3-4 weeks of resting before getting into the serious training if I decide to do Salt Lake City - I'm getting pretty serious about doing it though. It does sound beautiful. I'm so sorry to hear that that naggy old hip pain is revisiting you!
How's it feel today? Maybe you should consider a good 2-3 week hiatus from running and just do the EXt for a while?

Judy- Sounds like you had a relaxing and fun rest day yesterday.
I visit the NY, NJ area each June and maybe I can convince you to travel a little and run a race with me }(

Wendy- Sounds like you had a grand old time at the wedding! Even better to to it off with a shopmax workout yesterday:7 What's on tap for today?

Wendi- N. Arizona is nothing like the south part (Phoenix,Tucson)
My elevation is 4,500-5500 ft and Flagstaff is at 6-7000 ft with pine trees and plenty of snow. There is even a ski resort a couple of hours north of me. However, where I'm at we usually get snow only 4-7 times/yr and it never stays around long. Glad to hear your SO passed the christmas tree test (too cute!) When you first posted aboutthe pain in your shin I immediately suspected it was an impact injury and just a bad bruise, but you figured it out without my help!
I am concerned that you have no health insurance:eek: :eek: :eek: Honey, you have got to get yourself a better job! With all you do it's scandalous that they don't provide that basic benefit!!!!!! Okay, I'll stop lecturing!

Christine- I'm embarrassed to admit that I opted for the TM in my nice warm house rather than a run in the snow! We really don't have that much snow here and I'm not really prepared for it gear wise.
Whatcha doin today?

Linda- Yes, there is plenty of snow in N. Ariz, to enlighten you easterners! This is a beautiful part of the state and well worth visiting. Not to mention that spectactular hole in the ground, the grand canyon! Congrats on the bootie DOMS!!! I've heard all kinds of positive things about Kettleball workouts. I'll be curious to hear how they work out for you.

I think I'm about caught up. Hopefully i can check back in later

ShellyC

Good morning ladies,

linda, no you do not have to do both traditional and KB strength training to see results. from everything i've read and seen you can do only KB workouts if you chooose. the nice thing about KB workouts is not only do they provide strength gain benefits you also can get the cardio effect at the same time. which is a big plus for fat burning.

thomasina- glad you had a nice trip! would love to see the new "do":)

cathy- oops, that's right you did the EXT yesterday. did you have any breakouts the first couple of months? enjoy your yoga today.

shelly- one of these days i would love to visit AZ, sounds beautiful. a couple friends of mine relocated to tucson recently. they sent pics and i am envious:p

today's workout will be a fb Turbulence training and then 20 mins on the ext.

have a great day to all!

ttyl...:)

Good morning ladies!

Quick question....

After yesterday morning's marathon circuit, which workout should I do this morning...DM or Guantlet? I can't decide and have to come up with an answer by 7:30. Any help?

BRB with personals.

Thomasina - What an emotional weekend for you and DH...{HUGS}. It sounds like such a tight group and a lovely way to remember a wonderful man. So sorry to hear your under the gun with the schoolwork...I know you'll get it done! Now get some sleep!

Cathy - We didn't start to get all that nasty weather until we got home from the bowling alley, TG. My next tourney won't be until March. My SO will probably do a 5 gamer in January and a 10 gamer in February but I sit those out. All the heavy hitting guys come out of the woodwork and I wouldn't stand a chance normally. Yeah, I'm hot right now but these guys can pull 300s out of their arses like you've never seen. In fact, yesterday, two of them, bowling as partners, shot 297 and 300 in the same game! How do you beat that?!?!

Shelly - You ain't no wuss! I would have opted for the indoor option myself! I'm finding the cold air way too hard on my lungs anyway. Great workouts between those long shifts...I don't know how you do it :eek:! It sounds gourgeous where you live! How hot does it get in the summer? The way I get around the no insurance thing is that, if something catastrophic happens (such as when I shattered my L5), I qualify for charity care because of my lack of documentable income. I know it's not the preferred method of handling it but it's all I can do right now.

Sunny - Have a great workout today and I hope the Accutane ends up working for you.

Christine - WTG on Decorate Max! Don't sweat missing a workout. It sounds like you had a great day regardless. I was thinking of you while at the tourney because they had a couple of games on the tv's on the lanes. It gave me a good chuckle :D. The insurance situation sucks in NY so I've had to get by for now...see my post to Shelly.

BBL!

Hi Cheetahs!

Thommasina- Thanks for starting us off today :)

Wendy- I'm not sure I could work out after a wedding reception! Way to go!

Shelly- Did I ever tell you my Dear Brother has a race scoring business ( Compuscore) in the NJ/NY area? Maybe you have run one of his races? I might consider a race in that area in June. But I have to get DH to not be so stressed about it. With DD in NYC maybe I could manage to make it a weekend to see her.

Today is spin class.

Wendi- The Gauntlet is one of my top favorite circuit workouts ever!!! If not my all time favorite circuit!

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Good Morning Girls. :)

I don't wanna go to work this morning. WAAAAAH!:p

I hate mondays. x(

So DH and I went Christmas shopping y'day and it was a smashing success! We knocked out a VERY large chunk of what we needed to buy in just ONE store! YAY :+

I have Shoulders and Arms + ARX on tap for today.}(

I ended up being able to squeeze in 30 mins of yoga y'day BEFORE we left for MIL's so that was good. I had no worries when we got home. I would NOT have felt like doing it by the time we got home last night and probably would have blown it off at that point...

Well, I need more java.

I'm hoping to get back with a fresh cup and catch up on personals since I have the time this morning....

BBS!:D

Okay, I'm back.

I have 15 minutes to get in as many personals as I can before I hafta get ready for work!

Sunny: Do you have ITread 21 intervals/30 mins? Is the 60 min one set up the same way??

Shelly: I hope your commute home in the white stuff yesterday wasn't too tough.

Cathy: Keep pushin' with those pull ups! You'll get there girl!
}(

Carole: WOW, I didn't think it even got THAT cold where you are in CA! If it never went below 36 here, I'd be THRILLED!:)

Judy: LOL at your DD's comment about your Christmas tree.

Wendi: Holy cow girl! I'd say you certainly made up for your rest day with that kick arse work out you did y'day! You go girl! Nice scores you put for the tournament, btw.

Christine: How's the bootie DOMS feelin' this morning?

Linda: Kettlebells are supposed to be great though I have no clue about them whatsoever! I hope you enjoy them!

Okay, well that catches up from y'day. I'll deal with today's posts after work!

Have a great morning girlies!:+

Good Morning Cheetahs!

My glutes are still talking to me, but in a good way! I did go heavier with PLB, so that did it. I’m thinking I’ll do either 4DS or APX Upper Body to even things out. Then I might take Jim for a 1-2 mile run over lunch. I want to see how I do. I’m going to start VERY slowly.

Thomasina – that is too bad about your DH’s boss! Such a sad story! I’m glad you are all still getting together. Sounds like it was more than a typical company, which is always a good thing! I love the California side of Tahoe so much better than the Nevada (too much smoke and noise over there!) I haven’t been to Sunnyside Lodge – we usually rent a house so we can bring the dogs. But, it’s right in my favorite part of Tahoe! Hope you got a good amount of sleep!

Cathy – You can rent normal skis. If you go to the shops in town and not the resorts, they have a decent selection. Resort ski’s are too expensive. But some of the new more technical skis are not designed for the kamikaze-type skier – they are designed to give more control, which is what I need! I’m more a fan of snow shoeing. :+

Shelly – I don’t blame you for choosing the treadmill! Glad you got in a good run and MM! I love going to the post office this time of year! NOT! Enjoy your sweaty cardio-fest later!

Sunny – Enjoy your TB workout!

Wendi – too later probably, but I say Gauntlet! That one is always a good one. Sorry about the insurance. I guess it does differ from state to state. I’m happy the house is decorated! Did you see the Pats kick some Steeler tail? :p Too funny!

Judy – enjoy spin class!!

Wendy – I’m SOOO with you on not wanting to go to work! Glad you wiped out a big chuck of your Christmas shopping! Yeah! Good job getting in Yoga! Bootie is still sore. :+

i wanted to pop in and say hello to all the wonderful cheetah women. i am running late and have to get to work. x( i went to the mall with friends yesterday and never got to read the cheetah posts from yesterday and i don't have time this morning! x( x( x(

i will be back later and i hope you all are doing wonderfully.

Well, I'm embarrassed to say that I had to bag Guantlet this morning ;(. My knee was definitely bothering me but I was going to push through anyway to see if it got better. However, by the time I got through the first Imax interval I had broken out in cold sweat (and I mean dripping) and my heart rate jumped to 185 :eek:! I've never gotten out of the 160s after the first blast! I stopped for a second, contemplated picking up the BB for squats then just said "no", opting for a shower and breakfast instead. Maybe I'll try again later.

Judy - I have to agree with ya about loving Gauntlet. I hope I can get to tonight. Enjoy spin class! Hey, would you consider a Cheetah GTG at that race? I know a few of us are in that "general" area.

Wendy - Oh, thanks sweetie *blushes*! Great job sneaking that yoga in yesterday! Woohoo on the Christmas shopping! I'm hoping to do a bit of that today between running to the two barns that we now have horses at and my hair appointment. On second thought, I don't think I'll be getting Gauntlet in today, hopefully tomorrow!

Christine - I have to admit I was too focused to watch the games. I know they had Dallas/Detroit on, then the Pats after that. Go PATS!!!! I'm actually disappointed I couldn't do Gauntlet today ;(! Those be some good DOMS you've got going. Enjoy your workout today...I hope you have a good run!

Lorie - I hope you had a good time yesterday with your friends!

Since I'm now running ahead of schedule I guess I'll get my booty out the door and to work early so I can hope to get everything in today that needs to get done. See you tonight!

Good morning cheetahs! Unfortunately this will need to be a very quick post. My Office Manager is out of town all this week so I am slammed with my usual work and hers too. I pray this week zooms by.
Nothing to report workout wise this weekend. I was so sick from Friday through the entire weekend. Today I am starting to feel a little normal, but this head cold thing is still lingering. At least today I can talk. This weekend I could barely say a few words without losing my voice. My family was probably pretty happy about that. :) Today I'm going to try to do PUB on my own during lunch and a short 3.5 miler tonight on the treadmill. I'm experimenting with doing either UB or LB weights during lunch and then a run after the kids go to bed 4 times a week which would equate into more rest days for me throughout the week. I'll let you know how my experiment goes.

Wendi - Thanks for the Christmas card!

Sorry this post is so one sided. You all might not hear from me much until the end of the week. Please know I'm missing you guys! WAVES to all my cheetah girls!

Good morning cheetahs

Tomasina...what an emotional weekend. I bet it was good for everyone to get together like that. Cancer is just so devastating...I don't know about Salt Lake, I have to see how this pain goes...and hopefully it'll go away.

Cathy...I think once a week doing pull-ups is good! Thanks re my pain, I will ice and use the roller a few times today. I hope your back gets better...my pain seems to only be from running, I will be doing the EXt today. Enjoy yoga or stretching today.

Shelly...glad the run felt good. I have not done MM in awhile either. The pain is not bad right now...I am going to be better about treating it and see how the week goes. I wanted to be able to do the Marathon relay in Jan, so I don't really want to stop running if at all possible. The pain does not seem to flare up until abut 5 miles, so I might have to avoid a lot of distance.

Judy...enjoy spinning today.

Wendy...have fun with P90x S&A. Way to go on getting the bulk of shopping done. We don't go much below the 30's...which is nice.

Linda...good workouts and then some DOMS in the glutes...yeow!

Sunny...thanks, having the pain back is really a pain...

Wendi...glad you figured out the shin pain. Sounds like a good bowling series. I will have to work on treating this pain and no running as much. Sorry about your knee and not getting to do the Gauntlet. WOW...185!!! I don't think my HR has ever gotten that high with Imaxes...

Kristi...sorry you have been feeling crappy. There seems to be a lot of stuff going around right now. Hope your week goes by fast for you...

Christine...I am also a Packer fan...:)...I knew they were the stronger team and the Raiders have been awful for years now, so it never bothers me when they loose...I was amazed seeing the Ravens play so poorly, but I am not a huge Raven fan anyway. Have fun with your upper body workout today...let us know how the run goes, keeping my fingers crossed for no achilles pain...

I will be doing GS Legs standing and 30-40 min on the EXT.

Have a great day...:)

I'm back for a minute to clean up and head back out the door. The farm is one giant sheet of ice so there was little to do there aside from medicating the stallion's eye. That just means I get more time to do errands :D!

Kristi - Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well this weekend but it sounds like you are on the mend. Check in whenever you can...we miss you too!

Carole - Yeah, seeing that number on my HRM worried me a bit, to say the least. I do hope you are able to take care of that hip pain. Enjoy your workout today!

Ta ta!

Good morning ladies,
The scale FINALLY went down a few lbs,YAY!!!! I had gained about 5lbs and it was not budging, but I got the eating in control and what do you know, the scale went down;-) Just in time for my cookie party}(

I have decided on a new rotation for me. I have been having some hip pain, even though it feels great today, but I think I am going to do the elliptical 2 days a week, running 2 days a week and yoga the other 3 days. I am going to take a break from weights for a bit. My body is feeling a bit beat up lately and yoga always does the trick for me. I have to get ready for my night with Bryan Kest in February.(Mr. Yummy Pantys)!

I had a good weekend. We had friends over and had Thai food and chatted for about 3 hours. It was great! I only had one plateful of food and no dessert.

I am off to take the kiddies to school and then I will be back for personals.

Thanks to Wendi, Jackie, Linda and all of you for you wonderful xmas cards!

Susan

susan- i truly hope your hip pain stays away. thanks, i received your card this weekend. your family is lovely! enjoy your yoga workout tonight.

kristi- glad you are feeling better and ready to workout again. it's so hard trying to fit it all in.

Thomassina- I am sorry about your DH's dear friend. We unfortunately know all too well the pain of losing a dear friend. We had a similar situation last March. (((HUGS)))

Wendi- I meant to mention fantastic job on you 300 game!!!

Kristi- thanks for popping in. i hope you week goes smoothly inspite of yor short handed work situation.

Ladies I would love a GTG in the NY/NJ area with a race. But truthfully, I can not commit , with out discussing it with my family.

Spin class went well. The instructor always adds a body part at the end and today it was abs. He helped with some good form pointers during the ab work.

I've got to go plan dinner menus for the week. TTFN.

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Hi Cheetahs!

I went to DBF for the weekend and didn't get a chance to post. We walked Saturday and went to see The Golden Compass Saturday night. We really enjoyed the movie. Yesterday was a rest day.

Linda, Cathy & Wendi - Received your beautiful cards. Thanks so much.

Thomasina - My, my, you were up late or up early. :) Hope you got you made progress on your project. Glad the dinner party was nice for you and DH. So sorry about DH boss. 50 is just too young. It was nice of everyone to get together and have a nice time.

Cathy - Hope you have a nice relaxing yoga or stretch today.

Shelly - Glad you were able to calm your patient. You had snow in AZ? What is the world coming too? :) We've only mustered up rain. Enjoy whatever workout you decide to do.

Judy - Glad you enjoyed your spin class. Sounds like a good instructor.

Wendy - Glad you and DH got all of your Christmas shopping done. Hope work is good today.

Christine - I always get a good sore from PUB/PLB.

Wendi - Glad you listened to your body with your workout this morning. No sense in doing more harm than good. Hope the knee feels better.

Kristi - Sorry you weren't feeling well over the weekend. Feel better. Hope your work week is not too much of a strain on you.

Carole - Hope the pain is better. Have a good workout.

Susan - Congrats on the weight loss! That should be very motivating. Hope the hip feels better.

Hello to all others.

Today's workout was 15 minutes on the elliptical and Slo Mo Back & Chest premix. This one is about 43 minutes long. It leaves off the push ups and the stretch. So, I added it at the end myself.

Busy morning already. Gotta get back to work. Hope you're having a great Monday!

Jackie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.