< Melters! Terrific Tuesday! >>

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

I just want to start the thread for today...will be back later after shower, breakfast etc...I did Pure Strength Chest, Shoulders, Triceps today.. nice straight forward weight work. Got up at 4:14, when DH reached for a water bottle, the "ramblers" thought he was turning off the alarm ( I am supposed to do that not himx( ) so they started wanting to go downstairs etc. At least they waited until afer 4.

BBL

Deb

I again...

Robbin:

Sending good luck vibes to you and hope you are doing well after surgery. :) You will be able to sit and read all those books! I am envious...of course I don;t want the knee problem but I do want to stay home and read books! Will you be doing PT afterwards?

Shelley:
Sorry to hear about your craptastic sleep!

Shannon:
Maybe you lucked out and will not have to lose time for Friday..{{{Happy Calf Vibes}}} coming your way! :)

Tneah:
Is it the hot flashes waking you? Do they set those treadmills easier so people think they are doing better or something? Keep at it you are doing great!;-)

Stephanie:
How was ballet class... did I ask you if you use Pointe shoes or flat? I can;t remember if I did or not. I had just started on pointe when I quit. Let us in on some of the small meals if you think they are good..

Leanne:
I work for FedEx in the Customs clearance division. The meeting in Mexico is for a Broker's association annual meeting. We do it in Mexico because believe it or not, its cheaper than stateside!

Emily:
Cudos on the running!:)

Lainie:
I love that phrase of you Mom's! ..Isn't it funny that we start using phrases and sayings of our parents, when we thought they were so "uncool" when our parents were saying them to us!

Michele::
Welcome back!

Have a great day... Hi to anyone I missed..

Deb :)

Morning all!

Thanks for always starting us off, Deb! I guess 4 is better than 3:30, huh?

I drug myself out of bed this morning with the promise of being able to put on my comfy clothes and relax tonight, and banged out six miles on the TM and set another PR - 56:40! Maybe the 9 lbs I've lost is helping me run faster? Who knows!

I'll be back later when the other sleepheads are up and posting:)

Hi it's me again...

Just a quick question...how many of you have puzzle mats that are not going to be fun with Paper plates? paper plates?? not sure if I am going to like those moves...x(

Deb

Deb - Tony Horton uses paper plates in P90X and he suggests spraying the bottoms of them with a little bit of floor wax to make them slippier. Maybe that would work on the puzzle mats? I have puzzle mats but didn't use the papers plates because he showed a way to do the exercise without them. When I saw the pics on the blog, all I could think was "I wonder how many people are going to end up inadvertently doing the splits?":p

Shelley:

I did P90x and must have done the alternative too because I don;t ever remember using paper plates! I can see people either doing an inadvertent split or getting hurt real bad if the plate slips too far..x( .. Maybe Cathe will give a modification too...

Deb

Hi melyers.

Shelley, way to go on the PR on this morning's run. So you just need to lose one more pound to meetyour goal! You rock, girlfriend.

Deb, I wonderd about those paper plates too. I'm really suprised no one made them plastic and gave them a catchy name so we could all covet more exercise equipment.

I had a PB&J last night about 10:30, along with a cup of coffee. The coffee pot is full of vinegar right now. If I can't use it, I might as well clean it, huh?

Good morning, Melters!

Deb - you and Shelley amaze me with your early morning workouts. Way to go on the lifting! My body just wouldn't let me do it. About using the paper plates - you might try those furniture gliders instead, if you have them. The hard plastic glides a lot better over puzzle mats and carpet. I've used them for a few moves in the past, but don't really like it all that much.

Shelley - Another PR! Wow! How much faster do you think you can go?? I hope you have a very nice, relaxed evening in your comfy clothes.

Robin - just one little PB&J? Wow. I would have sat down to a full meal. :p Keep us posted as soon as you can about your surgery. We'll all be thinking of you.

Cuz - I'm so glad you stopped by last night. I sure hope things settle down soon. Take care of yourself, okay?

Let's see. Last night I did the BM2 Cardio Blast premix. My calf tolerated about 40 minutes of it, using low impact modifications. I also stretched whenever Cathe did the basic step in between combos. Then for the last 15 minutes, during the circuit/blast segments, I used the elliptical, which felt much better. Ice and ibuprofen after, and it seems okay this morning.

Dear Mom invited me to homemade pizza last night, after I helped Dad hook up some new computer equipment. I had planned a nice, immaculately clean vegan meal... I'll do that tonight! I'm not passing up free pizza. :9

Later, taters. :7

Hiya melters!

Deb: Sorry your hubby woke the dogs today. I would have poured the water on him for doing that! But I'm glad you got a good workout in! Yes, I'm still doing ballet. I take the pointe class on Wednesdays, but I do it flat. I did pointe for several years, and this time around I'm just doing ballet. Though I do get really nostalgic watching the teenage girls in the class do pointe. As for the paper plates, that looks interesting in a not very fun way.

Shelley: Way to go on your run! And on the nine pounds! You're my new fitness hero.

Robbin: Good luck today! A PB&J is always a good choice. In fact, that's a mini-meal listed on that meal plan that I told you guys about yesterday. It suggests taking one slice of whole-wheat bread and making 1/2 a sandwich for a snack in between meals.

Shannon: I don't blame you for not passing up free pizza -- especially your mom's homemade pizza! I would have totally done the same!

Yesterday I ate pretty clean, but I made the mistake of buying Henry some Pirate's Booty (have you guys ever had this?) for snacktime, and I indulged a bit in it. SO good. Ballet was a good workout last night. She really worked our calves and hip flexors. Today I'm going to do one of the Cathe Timesaver workouts that I got yesterday (so excited). But I agree with Shannon, I can't workout so early. I'll workout this evening.

I hope you gals have a great day!!!

Hi from work!

Deb - he uses them in Chest, Shoulders and Triceps when he does those push-ups where you go side to side.

Robin - sending love and hugs. I think PB&J sounds yummy.

Shannon - glad you had a good workout last night and the calf is behaving. Must have been all those happy calf vibes. Did Mom have any dessert to go along with the 'za?

Stephanie - oh, I love pointe! I still have my old pointe shoes but they don't fit me anymore. Sophie likes to play with them:) Thanks for the hero status, but I'm not sure I deserve it:p Emily has sung the praises of Pirate's Booty to me before, but we don't have it here. That's probably a good thing.

Stephanie - I've never heard of Pirate's Booty. Maybe you shouldn't tell me. :9 }( Oh, okay. go ahead.

Shelley - nope, no dessert. If she had, I probably wouldn't have left much of it but the crumbs for anybody else. I'm in one of those moods. :eek:

Shannon: you buy it in the chips section of the grocery store. It's with the organic/natural chips. It's these little puffy things coated with white cheddar. SO good. SO addictive, though. Even Henry, who doesn't eat much of anything, can eat a ton of it.

Hi everyone. Ewan and I are having a quiet day at home so we can rest. He seems to have some poopin' issues today, anyway, so I'd rather not go out with him.

I'm trying to talk DH into new bedding for our bedroom. I am on a brown and soft blue kick lately and I think that would look nice in our room. I already got some brown baskets to use on these open shelves we have--it looks nicer than just having stuff loose in those shelves. I also ordered a nicer laundry hamper that matches them. Here's the bedding I like:
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/lainiefig/59337110166CZ.jpg

It's not just the looks but the fact that we need something warmer than the light comforter we bought when we lived in Houston.

Oh, and here's a picture of Ewan wearing my sunglasses this morning:
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/lainiefig/IMG_3594.jpg

I think he looks like a little rock star. :D

BBSoon for personals.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

OK I just lost my whole post.x( What happens there? Where does it go??:eek:

Anyway, good morning all!:7

Robin is probably on her way into the OR, so sending good vibes her way right now.

Deb, your DH did what?? Oh dear. I would have been very unpleasant about that. I am like a bear waking from hibernation in the AM, and if I awaken before I have gotten my 7-8 hours, forget about it! I suggest once again, "Rescue Remedy". :p Maybe slip some in DH's dinner too.;)

Shannon, how nice that your parents are so close, I think as I have gotten older, I am good friends with my dad now, whereas in my teens and 20's I hardly spoke to him at all! The pizza sounds yummers.:p
Glad the calf is holding strong.

Stephanie, the Pirates Booty sounds awesome, I remember having some...:9 but my favorite has to be "Moose Tracks", its popcorn with caramel, chocolate and nuts all stuck together! Oh dear, is that stuff amazing.

Shelley, you are like the wind girl!:7 And our "Melty Queen!" Leaving those 9 pounds behind probably really helped your runs, you don't have to move as much weight from point A to point B right? Plus you lost it without resorting to 80 minutes of cardio a day, chicken breasts and broccoli.;)

Okay, hey to the rest of you melters that follow, although I know when I post this, I will see someone has beat me, usually Lainie or Leanne!:7
Today is legs at the gym...haven't been to a gym in a few years, so it will be interesting. I need some of the equipment for my leg workout and I got a really great deal at Golds here, month to month. Will use it for legs and back, and stay home for the other workouts.:) BBL-have a terrific day!:7

I knew it! Lainie bug beat me!:7

Lainie, love, love, and love some more that bedding!:eek: I adore that color combo, so chic! In fact one of our bedrooms has that exact color scheme. I even painted what I call a "West Elm" type picture for a friend using brown and soft blue circles! I say buy the bedding, and adding some nice texture (I am all about texture) with the brown baskets would lend such a nice touch.:)

Oh and send that child to me please!:7 Ewan is so cute, he just looks like such a little character, in fact both of your boys look like they have quite the personalities.:+ :+ Sorry bout the "poopy" problems, are you potty training?

I forgot to mention anything about melting or working out.... Typical. I am actually a bit sore from my physical therapy yesterday--hips and hamstrings. As for melting--um, did pretty well eating yesterday, but had too big a bowl of cereal this morning. Oh well, I'll eat veggie soup and yogurt for lunch to make up for that. Today I plan to do some non-step stepping--going to try Tracey Staehle's HISM 2 with my MatStep. I haven't done it yet though I preordered it so I've had it for a while. I'll probably have to modify to lower impact. Still a cough and mucus-y but slept o.k. at least.

Hi Tneah, we must have been posting at the same time. Moose Tracks? That sounds good--too good. Trying not to think about it. I think I've seen some Moose Tracks ice cream. Oh great, now I'm going to be craving that. Anyway, we are sort of casually potty training--wearing pullups and he gets to try the toilet once in a while--has used it a couple times. the poopy issue today is diarrhea, though. Ugh.

Deb, I am terrible about talking just like my mother. Today I said, "Because I said so!" to my 5-year old. http://bestsmileys.com/movingeyes/4.gif

Shelley--wow, you are getting really impressive on that TM! Great job!

Robin, I think someone is marketing the plastic version of paper plates to slide on: http://www.glidingdiscs.com/ I'm not sure but that's what it seems to be like. We're all thinking of you today as you go into surgery! Good luck. My mom actually goes into surgery tomorrow morning.

Shannon, glad to hear you're able to use that calf--sounds like you're being careful with it. Sucks to have to baby body parts, though, doesn't it? Especially when we come on here and read about people doing awesome workouts.

Stephanie, love that Pirate's Booty stuff, too. It's one of the things on the list we can send in for snacks for Isaac's Kindergarten class as well (I have to do snacks one day a month). I like sending in Pirate's Booty because it's lightweight for him to carry.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Hi

My Dad is fine and has a healthy heart( after a stress test, CAT scan, blood work and EKG)! That is the short version. The other issue I had yesterday was our stray kitty friend. At 4:00am yesterday, he was calling me for treats. (This has been happening regularly) So, I put him in a kitty carreir and when the Vet opened I brought him in. He was neutered and had his vaccines updated and a wound treated on his face. He is now home recovering in DS's bedroom. We are planning on keeping him inside for several days until he recovers. One of my black kitties (the youngest, Sidney Crosby) doesn't like him, but too bad. I'm hoping he will like to stay here with us. His name is Waldo.

[font color = red]Shelly[/font]- I am gonna do yo a favor and not send it! I used to eat it often with DD. I do not think it is a good choice to get hooked on (at least for me!) Hi five on t your 6 mile time. This is very eerie. I did an iTread this morning and hit 6 miles in the same time as you! Keep up the good runs girl and visit Cheetahville once in a while too :)

[font color=red]Robin[/font] I hope your surgery goes well. I am saying a prayer !

[font color=red]Shannon[/font]- You are making good progress with your calf!

[font color=red]Emily[/font]- Hi five on your first run after 5 months off. I am not a marathon girl ever, just a medium distance person.

[font color=red]tneah[/font]- Have a great leg day and send them love afterwards! I did B&G standing today followed by a 6.6 mile run. Then I took a nice relaxing bath after a good stretch. I am convinced the horizontal position in the tub and warm water resulting in increased blood flow are great recovery aids.

[font color=red]Lanie[/font]- Ewan is adorable!!! Are you a yogurt fan? DD suggested I try Fage greek yogurt and I am impressed with the consistency and creamy taste even in the unflavored ff variety. I think it is widely available in your area.

OK, I had our whole menu planned, and yesterday being the day form he((, did not workout for me to cook. But, we are having Halibut with Lemon caper sauce today with broccoli OR baked sweet potato and a salad . ( If I have a grain or starch for lunch, I will not have one at dinner)

[font color=lime green][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

Mornin' Melters!

I don't think I will be melting this week, thanks to PMS, which has caused me to shove every morsel of food I can find down my gullet. Plus I'm doing the 4DS rotation, and the heavier weight training has me feeling constantly hungry. And work is particularly stressful today, which makes me want to eat chocolate. Oy. It's going to be a long week.

Deb, great job on the PS workout! I don't have that one - maybe I should get it. I have puzzle mats for my workout area, but I'm not getting the new series, so I hadn't really thought about how it would work to do the paper plate thing on the puzzle mats. Hmmmm... I like Shelley's idea of waxing the plates. I wonder if those glider discs would work better on puzzle mats?

Shelley - WOO HOO on your PR! You're a runnin' fool! :D

Robin, I bet you're in surgery right now! Sending lots of good surgery vibes! :)

Shannon - mmmmmmm, homemade pizza! :9

Stephanie, I'm so jealous you can get Pirate's Booty!!! No one in this area sells it. My cafeteria at work sold it for like a week, and I bought every single bag. And that was the end of it! Boo hoo!!!! It's so yummy!

Lainie, I LOVE your new bedding!!! And Evan is such a cutie!!! :D

Tneah, have fun at the gym! :)

Judy, I'm so glad your dad's tests came back okay! I love the name Waldo for a kitty! :D

Back real quick to tell Shelley...Sophie is such a little "model!":7 A very sassy child you have there, the pic was taken awhile back, no?
Cute!

Hey Emily, good to see you and sorry bout the PMS, I started my crazy plan the week of my PMS, whatta stupid thing to do!:eek:

Okay, I am "unthawed" now! Its only 45 degrees here, I know most of you are rolling your eyes, but I am getting used to the weather here so 45 degrees feels like 15 degrees and my fingers froze walking Georgie.

Off to shower and run errands.....then the gym.:eek: I'm scared sorta, have not been in so long or worked out around people for so long, I get so shy and feel weird. Will strap on the ipod and do my business, then go!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.