< Get Meltin' it's Thursday!>

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

I think we have finally solved the dog waking up early problem with taking out all the batteries from the extra travel alarms! I woke up at 4:07 and they were sleeping soundly. I did end up getting up because once I am awake, I usually cannot go back to sleep. I did Pure Strength Back, Biceps & Abs. I really like this weeks workouts, too bad I will be on the road for the next 2 weeks and will most likely only be able to do cardiox( .

Shannon:
I think we had your weather yesterday! Same type of things were happening here with roofs, flooding etc

Robin:
So glad to hear you are doing well! :D

Tneah:
So you have joined the "early risers" club! welcome;-) Yes the dogs were having a hard time yesterday.. mostly they were afraid of garbage can lids flying around and the noise. Cudos on the weight loss! Glad you had a good workout at the gym..I agree with you, working out at home is much better.

Leanne:
You are so lucky to only work on Tues & Thurs. I know you do work the other days but to not have to actually go in sounds good to me! Mexico will have some "fun" time I am sure..only wish DH was there
too :-( Give "aunt flo" a wave from me...I haven;t seen her in years and that is just fine!

Stephanie:
Clean biscotti? I want that recipe!:9 How do you like the timesaver?

Emily:
Yep. sounds like your weather came our way too! Yes, hit that smoke alarm! how annoying!

Lainie:
I can;t believe you were walking around yesterday with the kind of weather we ( and you) were having!

Have a great day and STAY WARM!

Deb :)

Morning Melters!

Well, apparently I'm on a roll, because I shaved 15 more seconds off my 6 mile time this morning... 56:25. Must be ovulation ;-)

Deb - I'm glad you've solved the early waking pooches problem. Can you take bands on the road with you to use for some strength training? I know it's not the same, but at least it's something. We're supposed to be getting some weather tonight - snow starting around midnight and some fair accumulation. I imagine you guys are in for the same treat.

I'll bbl for more personals!

Good morning, Melters!

Well, I'm at home today!! It's sleeting on and off, but not sticking. But that'll change pretty soon - probably noonish. I refuse to go through the torture of an icy commute. I planned ahead though, and brought work home. I got an early start on it, so maybe I'll have a bit more time this evening.

Yesterday was Grocery Max, so no workout. And when I stopped by my parents' house, I discovered that Mom had baked brownies. So as you can imagine, no melting occurred yesterday!

Deb - how funny - the dogs were waking up to the alarms! I'm so glad that problem is solved. Enjoy your sleep!

Shelley - will you stop that??? ;) You're going to be doing a 4-minute mile pretty soon. Excellent work!

I'll try to be back later for more personals, but I have to keep track of my internet time, since I'm on dial-up. Later, taters!

Good morning melters.

Deb, yahoo for soundly sleeping pooches!

Shelley, yahoo for new PRs!

Shannon, yahoo for being able to work at home when bad weather strikes!

I did round one of my knee exercises. I may very well be melting. I haven't had any appetite since my surgery and it's too hard to hobble to the kitchen to snack anyway. Now, if only I could add a nice sweaty cardio workout. I'd be a puddle of melted fat in no time.

Hi to all you other melters. I'll be back later to check on you all.

Good Morning gals!

Wow! Shelley, seriously...wow.:eek: You must feel so strong and powerful! And you should, that is really an accomplishment!I am very, very impressed.:7

Deb, yeah for you and the pups! We actually slept in a little later this morning, even after going to bed earlier than usual last night, I think it was the leg workout-whew. You are probably like me on trips, I can always do cardio, but hate to lift for some reason. Will do my abs though, I always feel like my tummy looks flatter afterwards. Don't sweat it, you probably could use the break anyway right?:)

Shannon, I love working from home, when we lived in SLC, I remember having to stay home from the office due to weather conditions alot. I am a weeny when it comes to driving in the ice/snow and sleet! No way! Enjoy your day. Your mom is a baking fool isn't she?:7 Brownies sounded delicious.:9

Robin, oh you will melt my friend, same thing happened to me after surgery. I barely ate at all at first, just took my drugs and slept!;) You should be doing the same, and keep up those exercises, you will be so glad you did, you are already ahead of the game being so fit already.:)

Hi to Lainie (I responded to your OD post), Leanne, TK--where are you ? Stephanie, Judy and Emily!

Today is cardio only, I did part of Imax2 yesterday for one of my 40 minute cardios. It was only ok. I wasn't in love with it like I thought I might be, but will give it another chance of course since it seems to be a favorite. Will probably ride the bike this AM or maybe try power walking or whatever. I just wish kickbox kept the heartrate up, it sorta spikes it all over the place, hum, wonder if I could modify that to make it work? Anyway! Time to enjoy my protein shake-I swear that cinnamon roll flavor is so good!BBL...

Hey Melters! It's almost Friday! :7

I replaced the battery in that smoke alarm, so the beeping is gone - hooray! Of course, with my luck, one of the other smoke alarms will start beeping now. :p

This morning I did 4DS LIS. My calves were on fire for 2 hours after that calf work. Yeeeeouch!

Deb, stay warm! This weather is just awful, isn't it? We're supposed to get 5-8" of snow tonight. Ick. I'm hoping to get a snow day tomorrow. *crossing fingers* ;)

Shelley, pretty soon you'll be running so fast, you'll finish before you start. :p

Shannon, I'm glad you decided to stay home today - safety first! I find that it's always dangerous to visit parents. Moms almost always have something freshly-baked to feed us. What's up with that?

Robin, sounds like you're recovering really well from your surgery. I hope you get your appetite back, though - you don't want to go into starvation mode.

Tneah, IMAX2 is one of my all-time favorites. What part of it did you do? I think the last 5-6 intervals are the best (read: hardest). Do interval 9 and you'll understand why everyone loves it so much! }(

Well thank heavens it's almost lunchtime. I'm starving. :9

Hi melters. Just a quick fly by to let you know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Been real busy at work! Most likely won't get back for personals until the weekend.

This week I started a PLB/PUB rotation. Today was PLB. I forgot about all those leg presses. OMG.:p

Hi guys. Sorry to just bounce in and back out again, but Oliver is home from school today with a snow day (though we didn't get any snow), and I'm trying to play with both kiddos and get ready for Saturday's visit from my sister and her family. I've really let the house go this week.

I ate OK yesterday. Splurged again with the cocoa and biscotti, but had a great ballet class and stayed disciplined with drinking my water. And I weighed a pound an a half lighter today. Yey. I'm totally sure it was water weight.

Sorry for not doing personals today. I'll catch up with you all tomorrow (and Deb, I'll bring that biscotti recipe --it's not "clean" but "clean-ish")! Have a great day!!

Just a quick check-in. Busy day running errands and cleaning house and now Ewan's napping so I need to get in my workout while I can (4DS HIS on my MatStep).

I'm tired again today for some reason, but I'm fighting it--think I can get in my workout at least.

Hope to BBL for personals.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Hey guys,

Just taking a writing break, we are working on a new book about the link between a womans menstrual cycle, diet and exercise program....I saw the thread in the OD about that and wanted to say something, but we are still in the editing stages as of yet. I did the exercise portion and alot of the research involved-very interesting stuff.

Lainie bug! How was that workout with your Matstep? Sounds pretty cool, does it get your heartrate up? I am tired right now too, thought I might be fighting off the sore throat thing, but woke up just fine, with only a bit of soreness.
But right now I feel like taking a little "siesta" for sure.Zzzzzzz...I envy Robin in that she is hopefully in dreamland right now.

I am not sure whats up with my hunger levels now, at first it really felt like I was eating alot of food and was not hungry (I still craved stuff of course, but was not hungry), but the past few days? I cannot wait until my next meal, its like my body is burnin' through my food like a furnace or something. Its not like PMS either, I am through that nonsense for this month! But sheesh, I feel like I could gnaw on a 5 pound roast right now, and lick the bones clean!

Ok, back to the grind....talk at ya'll later.

OK, I'm back for another little visit. What a day. Whew. I took 3 boxes of old toys and stuff to Goodwill. I also went to the post office and to Target. I'm thinking about giving up shopping for Lent, so I guess it was my last big day out shopping. I wonder if I could sneak in so more shopping on Monday or Tuesday....}( Probably wouldn't be in the proper spirit of things to do that.

Then this afternoon I got a package from UPS--my stepmom sent me my wedding dress (which has been stored with her since we moved overseas in 2002). I have no idea where I'll put it but it was nice to see it again.

Deb, trust me--I did yesterday's walking before the cold front and wind blew in. It wasn't too bad before 11 am. I'm not a total masochist. :)

Wow, Shelley, you are a little speed demon lately! :eek:

Shannon, your mom sounds like she's lots of trouble with all that baking.

Robin, I hope you're coming along well. Good luck hobbling around!

Tneah, my heartrate doesn't go as high with the MatStep, but I still burn some calories, at least. I've tried to put extra oomph into it and use big arm movements more to help crank up the heart rate.

Emily, glad the beeping is over. I have a digital watch in a dresser drawer that beeps hourly. Luckily it's a very quiet beep so it doesn't wake me up at night or anything, but it's annoying anyway. I have tried and tried to figure out how to program it not to do that, but it doesn't work.

Hi TK! Glad to see you stop by!

Stephanie, congrats on the great loss (great whether water weight or not). ;)

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.