<<<< CHEETAHS >>>> Sun, 1/14

seeking_guns

Cathlete
*tiptoes in* Am I allowed to post? ;-)

I wanted to get up early, so I can try to get a whole lot done today. I'll spare you the boring details, but most of it is schoolwork and grad school stuff.

Not sure if I am going to just do GS BSB & CM or if I might try to squeeze in a run as well. Am going to play by ear and plug in my workout about midday. I am *still* feeling DOMS from Friday's B&G blast.

LD :: I forgot to answer your question...No, I don't speak any other languages. Just German as my family is from Germany. I do know a handful of words in Greek, Spanish, and Italian.

Christine :: Cruella and Miss Perfect sound like fun...hey, don't sweat the vent - I don't view your comments as being catty...Personally, I've always thought it easier to hang out w/ guys...they're low-maintenance and not about drama, and unfortunately, many women are. I think that's one thing I appreciate about the cheetahs - there is none of the cattiness or bitchiness that you often see among female friends. Thanks for the beast vote! :)

Wendy :: Hmm, most of the yoga instructors I know of *are* a bit on the new-age spiritual side. I don't mind it too much (this from the person who giggles at gongs), but I know what you mean - I do *prefer* a more straightforward, athletic approach. That's why I think it would be great if Cathe did a yoga DVD. She already does poses in her stretches, I know. But I'd love to see a DVD with a few different practices to choose from. Wow! Hubby is workin' his butt off!!

I wound up having a couple of those Colorado pics blown up, and yesterday, I put them in a frame. I'm just really impressed with that little Casio camera I picked up on Black Friday. Great quality! :) Sorry, I'm a bit of a photo geek and had to share that random thought.

OK, back to the t-shirts. I tried to get that goofy cheetah runner graphic to enlarge but had no luck. I *did* find an alternate silly cheetah. To refresh, here are the ideas we have so far...

http://mylalclass.com/cheetahfreelogo.jpg

http://mylalclass.com/cheetahsGOextendbreathe.jpg

Karen also suggested: Go, walk, extend.

http://mylalclass.com/beastcheetah.jpg

http://mylalclass.com/cheetahfiends.jpg

http://mylalclass.com/crazycheetahs.jpg

Feedback & creative ideas, please!

Have a great Sunday, all! I'll be back.
Cathy :)

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Cathy: Yeah, I guess you have my permission this morning. ;-) :p :7
Thank you for filling in the words I could not find to describe Tony vs other yoga instructors...spiritual approach and athletic approach really nailed my thoughts on the head even though I couldn't think of them! Hey! I'm polish...what do ya want from me! :p I agree that a Cathe yoga dvd would be awesome! If I could find more athletic style yoga instruction I could see myself really enjoying it!

I actually have ideas for the t-shirt...how about "Friends in Fitness"? Or "Come run with us."

Just incase you all didn't read my post from late last night...Today is my scheduled rest day from the X but DH is working again for 12+ hours and all I have to do really is clean the house and a quick run to the store. I was thinking, in order to keep myself from going bonkers, that I would do tomorrow's w/o today (Chest&Back/ARX) and rest tomorrow (monday) and then I can resume as scheduled on tuesday. Anyone think this is a bad idea for any reason???

I'll be back!:+

Some more ideas for the t's....

"Cheetah Runners...Move your Body. Free your Mind."

"Cheetah Runners...Make fast friends."

:)

cathy- Those are cute ideas! I like that running cheetah! I would have a tough time choosing just one. Maybe we could make a couple!

off to get ready for work. then I plan on going to the ymca or run outside depending on wheather.

see ya later!

cathy-love the move your body free your mind and unleash the beast within! I love that running cheetah!

also when I run dont know about you guys but I get that runners high. you also bput "Get High" people wouldnt understand that one!

I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK............................:) :)

We are back from Mexico (no more countdown :-( ) We had a fabulous time. Aahhh.....where to start. Couple things first.

How do I get pics to come up on here so that I can show you guys a few of them???

What did I miss??? I see t-shirts?? I LOVE the idea and I'm in, just let me know what the scoop is. I love all of the ideas above.

I'm hoping to get on here later in the afternoon to read past posts so I'm not totally out of the loop again. :+

I am getting ready to head to church to teach Sunday School, then to the store for some MAJOR groceries!!! We have absolutely nothing in the house. Which actually is OK, because I can start my good eating right from the start and go from nothing in the house to all good things.

I read a GREAT magazine that was extremely motivating while I was sunning myself on the beach ;-) . I'll tell you more about that, too, later when I get this mass of laundry done. ;-)

Talk later, love to be back with you guys!! I missed you and believe it or not there was no internet access unless you brought your own laptop, which we didn't so I couldn't get on to say "HI".

Adios,
Marcia. ;-)

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I love all the shirt ideas. I like "unleash the beast within" the best...:)..Good job on your 6 mile run yesterday. I used to eat Lean Cusines alot...and yes those pizzas do shrink don't they! That B&G DOMS can stay for a bit...I can also be a photo geek and yours of Colorado were way cool...

Wendy...I loved the story about cutting Joeys hair...:)..I think doing C&B and ARX would be fine today.

Judy..I did the punching and kicking drills from KM.

Christine...thanks!! I am so glad to be running first today. I thought the Colts had a chance yesterday. I have always thought Field Goal games a bit boring though..:)...Oh my...you have me cracking up with your DH's Old Fart Club!! I have always felt more comfy around men, especially during Football games!! I didn't think of you catty at all...I am sure my eyes would have been rolling...

Marcia...welcome back! I hope the trip was great. To post pics you have to first put them on a image hosting site like Picture Trail. The instructions on how to post are on that site...:)

So I am gearing up for the first 9.4 miles of the marathon relay. It'll be nice to see all my old running friends (most of them anyway!)
I'll be back later to let you know how things went. I'd like to get under a 10 min pace, but who knows...I am just planning on having fun and hoping to be back for the NE/SD game...I can always TIVO...:)

Have a great day cheetahs...:)

This Cheetah is warily slinking out of her den to see what's been going on after a week of retreat and wound licking. I have no idea what I've missed but apparently the Cheetahs are getting into the fashion industry! 'Unleash the beast within' and 'move your body, free your mind' are most definitely appropriate to the spirit and drive of the Cheetahs. I'm going to unleash my inner beast with B-Max2 cardio only premix then the upper body x2. How much do we love our long Sunday morning workouts!?!? Not sure what's up for the rest of the day, I indulged myself last night with long distance calls to far away girlfriends and a bottle of Australian shiraz, it helped a lot. It helped a lot to post on the open forum too, our Cathe community is such a blessing in my life!

Cathy, thanks for your reply on the open forum, you are so right, the constant analyzing is hard to put the breaks on. The brain just doesn't give it up and it can be crazy making stuff. I've said it before but I would love to sit across a table from you and hash out our bewildering fores into romance. If good things come to those who wait then we have much to look forward to!

Wendy, there is definitely a division with yoga instructors. Some are so airy fairy that they start to sound more like preachers than intstructors. I love the spirit of yoga but when I'm practising asanas (poses) I want a physical challenge with not too much distraction. I love your t-shirt ideas!!

Laura, lol at 'Get High'! It would certainly raise some eyebrows! Hope your day at work goes by quickly!

Marcia, welcome back, can't wait to see your pictures!

Carole, have a great time at the relay, seeing old friends is such a treat! Enjoy your post run football!

Sorry I'm so out of touch with what's been going on but I'm glad to be back:)

Take Care
Laurie

I have been researching journal articles and working like, well, a beast, when it suddenly dawned on me that I have OFF tomorrow for MLK! Woohoo! So, I don’t have to try to race the clock today and can spread my work over two days. (As you can see, I was more preoccupied with t-shirts than with actual deadlines.)

My two favorites are also the “move your body, free your mind” and “unleash the beast within.” I’m on the bubble about which graphic I like better. The one thing we should consider is that multiple colors will drive up the price.

The other option is to do iron-on transfers *ourselves*…regular cotton T’s can be found on sale fairly often at places like Rag Shop for 2 for $5. I sometimes make gag t-shirts for friends’ birthdays, and one I did last year for a friend’s 40th has withstood lots of washings. The only caveat is that it’s cotton and not a performance fabric. I wonder if the Coolmax-type shirts handle iron-ons well. ?? If we wanted to go with this option, it would probably wind up being $10/shirt, which would cover all expenses *including* postage to send ‘em out to everyone. I wouldn’t mind making the shirts if we wanted to go this route. Then, they could also be in color AND we could have folks do whatever graphic/logo they preferred, and of course, we wouldn’t need a minimum order. We could even do individual prints on the back (our screen names maybe?) or perhaps a large paw print like this one…(color of the paw print could be changed)

http://mylalclass.com/paws.jpg

Laura :: I also chuckled at the “get high” line. :) We could phrase it “get (a natural) high" if we wanted to be conservative.

Marcia :: welcome baaaaack! :) Looking forward to hearing about your trip…The way I post pictures is that I upload them to my website…then I right-click on the picture, click properties, and copy its URL address. You can then paste it into your post and it will show up. I’m not sure if there’s another way.

Carole :: best of luck!! Go unleash that beast for 9.4 miles! Can’t wait to hear your race report.

Laurie :: glad you’re back – we missed you!! But I do understand the wanting to hole up for a bit, and I am bummed FOR you about Glen. Dammit! Why are they so lunk-headed??? Girlfriends & libations – that’s a no-fail plan to recover, if you ask me. :) I agree--let’s stay optimistic, learn from the letdowns, & above all else, keep our humor. Hey, one of my girlfriends and I are considering coming up there for a ski getaway if it’s feasible with our schedules & finances…What is the resort near you?…Maybe you can meet up w/ us…we’ll burn lots of cals on the slopes and rock out après-ski!

OK, back to the paper I'm writing (the not-fun stuff) x(

Edited TWICE b/c I can't stand my own typos! Ughhh! Why can't I get out of English geek mode???

And yet another idea from a suddenly creative polak! LOL

"Cheetahs...Running for Mind, Body & Spirit"

Or

"Cheetahs...Running for Mind, Body & Soul"

Hi Cheetahs,

I'm going through a weird time right now. I ran into this wall of depression and am having a difficult time talking myself out of it! I'm really beginning to consider talking to a professional. I think it has everything to do with my brother dying but every single thing that is not cheery stuff gets added to the pile and I feel really sad all of the time.

But this morning I logged on here while having my cup of coffee and I read Laurie's post in the Open Forum about Glenn and his wishy washiness....AGAIN. I replied to her post, reminding her of the "happiness is the jouney" quote and right then asked myself if I could just give that a try today.

So, I'm going to try my best to work out today and eat right and stop freaking crying every other hour. Wish me luck.

I feel like I have missed so much, it seems like I've been away for months! I will try to catch up!

I do know Shelly and Carole are running today and I feel just terrible for not giving a "You can do it Cheetah!!!" send off. But I'm thinking of you guys!!!

I'm going to do my best to catch up and will drop by again later!

Happy Sunday All!

I’m totally envious of all of you who have off Monday. My DD’s and DH are all off, and I am the only one who has to mosey into work. *sighs* Oh well, life could be a lot worse! I love all of the ideas for the t-shirt. Although I do like the running cheetah – he looks so happy running down the road! Today is Yoga. Not sure if I’m going to do a nice simply one like Yoga for Athletes, or do Bryan Kest Power Yoga (the beginners one). We’ll see. Then it’s get cooking for the play off party. I’m making all healthy stuff. Chicken Chili, a veggie tray with a roasted red pepper/bean dip, and a bean and cheese dip that is non-fat refried beans and low fat cheddar cheese with baked tortillas (I bake tortillas in the oven – they’re always a favorite), oh and a sandwich platter.

Cathy – glad to hear your load is now spread over two days! That’s great! Glad I wasn’t “catty”. I agree with you – men don’t have the drama. I get so tired of it some times.

Wendy – I too, prefer a more athletic approach to Yoga, but I like a quiet, soothing voice, too – weird, I know. I think your idea is a good one, especially as you have more time today than tomorrow. Love your ideas for the shirt!

Laura – I love the “get High” but, I think you’re right – people wouldn’t understand! How funny!

Marcia – WELCOME BACK!!! So glad to hear you had a good time in Mexico!! I want to hear all about it, but I understand that you’re busy.

Carole – Let us know how it goes! (I assume you’re running as I type this!). How exciting. About the Ravens – well, as I said, what can you do? The Colts outplayed the Ravens, but yes, it was a rather uninteresting game with just the field goals…

Laurie – We’re SOO happy to see you emerge from your den!! Yes, some of the Cheetah ladies have decided that a career in fashion would be a good thing! :p Enjoy unleashing your beast with BM2 – that’s my favorite!

Karen – good job on the 5 mile run!

Elaine – I’m so sorry to hear what you’re going through! Grief is an odd thing and strikes us in strange ways. I think you’re smart to realize that this has to do with your brother’s death, and I also think that it’s normal to start adding to the pile. Maybe talking to a professional would be a good thing. He/She can give you ways to cope with the emotions. I’ve been thinking of you. Glad you stopped in to say hi. {{{{HUGS}}}}

Well – off to be a cook and fan… Enjoy your days Cheetahs!

Wendy :: more great ideas! I guess maybe the next step - if no one else has a brainstorm - is to set up a poll and have us make some decisions. I noticed that Michael's has cotton tees 5 for $10 this week, so if you guys wanted to go with the more economical option, let me know. I promise I do a good job with the iron-on (well, so I've been told).

Elaine :: it is understandable that you would hit rock bottom after a loss as great as yours, esp. with more garbage to dump on top of it. (((HUGS))) I'm sorry for what you're going through. It sounds like a good idea to link up with a professional or perhaps a grief counseling group. What helped me - really and truly - was running. Actually, it was a sudden death that got me into running in the first place. And I found that pushing myself felt good in some way. Frankly? I wanted to punish myself physically the same way I was hurting emotionally. Maybe that sounds a little twisted, but it was a form of therapy which did offer me some type of outlet for my anger and sadness and confusion. I guess everyone has to find a different way to cope with the grief and do so in their own time. I hope that soon you can begin taking the first steps in the journey toward peace.

Christine :: mmm, the menu sounds yummy!!

(((((((ELAINE))))))))) Do what you need to do to make yourself feel better! We miss you here but want you to heal. We understand why you haven't been around much and will continue to understand if you need the time away. Feel better!!!!

Christine, If it makes you feel any better, I am not off on Monday! DS will be with me so I'll be workin!;)

I say if we are going to do this shirt thing then we should do it right! I vote for a wicking Tshirt we can use for working out as opposed to a regular Tshirt! :+ Unless ofcourse it runs into more $$ then the majority want to spend-I can completely understand that!

Well the Chest&Back idea is a gonner. I'll do it tomorrow as scheduled. My cleaning waited until DS went down for a nap so I won't have enough time before he wakes up to do my work out too. That's okay...I prefer to stay on schedule if I can anyway. I was just afraid I'd get uber bored today!

Alrighty...gotta go wash the kitchen floor now but I'll be back!

:7

Elaine- ~~~Bless you friend~~~ I have you in my thoughts and prayers!

Laurie- I just went back to read your open forum post. I am sorry it hasn't been smooth after such a nice holiday! But God, works in strange ways.

Cathy- I like many ofthe Cheetah Ideas! We could always do a front and a back.... MY voet is for a tshirt we can work out in that wicks.

I hope Carole posts soon!!! Shelly said we sould see her post until Mon or Tues...

Welcome back Marcia; do not fret about cyber visiting with anyone on vacation! Vacations are for reconnecting with the people you are with!

Wendy- I don't see a problem with doing the workout today and resting tomorrow, as long as you are up for it.

Christine your play off party sounds like a fun Sunday!

Karen- Hi Five on 5 miles!

Hi Laura (and Barb) if you log on today!!!

Yesterday was a tempo run on the TM (5k in 28:00. That includes 4" of walking to warm up) Then KM Leg Conditioning Drills, and Baptiste (30" only) vinyasa yoga. Thank you for all those yoga comments Ladies. This Cheetah needs more stretching!

Today = rest day!

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Well the kitchen and bathroom floors are washed and the living room is vacuumed. Still need to vacuum bedroom and computer room and dust. ACK!x( Can't ya tell I just LOOOOOOOOOOVE cleaning!?!? :7 :7 :7 I am trying to convince a friend in north jersy to take a ride down to visit me. I am desperate for an excuse to stop being productive!:p

Well cheetahs....I had a great time this morning! My sister got sick so the relay got canceled as trying to get someone to stand in for her would have been a pain at this short notice...HONESTLY...I didn't mind. My other running friend came out and we did 12 miles here in the cold...I'm happy to watch the games...:)

Elaine...I am so sorry about the depression. I think maybe talking to a pro might help. I am thinking about you and hoping for the best..

More personals later...:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.