*G*D*M*T====Birthday Thursday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls:)

Today is DH's birthday:7 :7 The big 44!
Today I did 4DS KB/BC- fun fun fun!!

Gin~What did you end up doing today?

Marcy~ How's your dad doing? Did you do yoga today? What are you going to do after the X? I'm thinking of Sept. 07 or Feb. 07 not sure which.

Hi Tracee!

Short post today, I'm running late.
BBL,
Deanie

Here is my post from last night, not sure if you saw it....

Gin~ yes, you "heard" me right!--> harder than the X. :eek: For me. For example, I can bang out 40 standard pushups because I am going fast (i.e. speed is your friend as Tony says) but on the chest work on monday I was really working doing them at Cathe's slower speed and then doing the top half ones and then the bottom half. also Cathe does the curls with a twist for the biceps: she starts with 10# for 12 reps, 12# for 10 reps, 15# for 8 reps and 20# for 6 reps. This was harder for me than doing 8-10 reps of the same excersise at 20# with Tony. By the time I got to 20# with Cathe, I felt that was a bigger accomplishment because my bicep was already feeling it.}( With Tony I did the bicep excersise called 21s with 17#, yet when I did the similar excersise with Cathe (crazy 8's) with a 35#bb, man it was Hard!! Just my take.....

Good Morning DMT!

Today I walked 3 miles and then MIC step portion. Step with w/u and stretch was 44 min. My HR really did not sky rocket like I thought it might. Choreography is not tough on this one.
The other day my DH poked his head in when I was stepping and commment on how agile he thought I was. He never sees what I am doing, only hears me clapping! I guess that was a nice comment!:)

Deanie--Happy B-Day to DH! Any plans for celebration? Fun workout you had with the 4ds. I will have to look at the rotations that you named and see what I think. It would be fun to be doing the same thing again! Why does Tony say that speed is your friend? It is much harder when you slow down and take the momentum out of the movement, right?

Marcy--How is your day today? What was your workout?

Hi Tracee!

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Good Morning DGT!

This morning I did Amba: Where Gravity & Rhythm meet. It was a 75 min. vinyasa practice. It reminded me a little of Shiva Rea. At first, I didn't think I was going to like it but the more I did the more I liked it. I got to practice my headstand but it wasn't as good as last week (only went up halfway). I'm holding backbends for much longer now. I definitely have DOMS in my lower body and back. There weren't any arm balances in this one.

I've been enabled from VF: There is a guy named Tony Sanchez who has some great yoga workouts call Yoga Challenge. You can see previews here:

http://www.tonysanchezyoga.com/yoga.html

I promise I won't buy for another 40 days! Though it's going to be difficult.

Tonight is my Shimmy Bellydance social with girls from work. I'm looking forward to it. There's a class first and then a show afterwards.

Dad's home although he's weak from the medication. I think he's happy to be back in his own bed again.

Deanie - Happy Birthday to your DH! Glad you had a fun workout! I think I'll be doing a Tracey/Amy/P90X+ rotation. Haven't quite figured it all out yet but have been working on it. My rotation will be a little mixed up for the next week since I'll be leaving next Wed. to GA. I agree some of Cathe's pushups are harder since she uses the slow counts and you really feel it. Although I do like the many different variations of pushups in P90X.

Gin - My HR doesn't go crazy with the step but it sure does with the hi/lo. I wish Cathe would come out with an exclusive hi/lo routine. I think your DH paid you a nice compliment.

Hi Tracee!

Marcy

Good Afternoon :)

Thanks for the birthday wishes for DH! For his birthday we bought a new furnace, hot water heater and air conditioner!!:eek: Not a fun present!!LOL

Gin~ Fun workout today. I like MIC, it is always challenging! That was a nice compliement from DH- its always nice when they notice the little things. Which rotation do you like better? I know you are trying to cut out cardio, but after lifting heavy for so long I want to shock my body. I have been lifting heavy since Nov. It would be fun to do the same rotation again. I will be starting a new one on March 2nd or 3rd.

Marcy~Your social tonight sounds fun. Have a great time. I'm glad your dad is home, and yes, he must be so happy to be back at home and in his own bed. I would like an exclusive hi/lo routine from Cathe also. Are you going to do a month of endurance after lifting heavy for so many months? I think I am, and then go back to heavy lifting. "They" say you get better results like that.

Deanie

eta: I've actually been going heavy with weights since Oct. I think I am leaning towards Feb. 07

Hi Again!

Marcy--Glad your dad is back home. Hope he continues to recover. You do a great job of doing all of your dvds from your vast collection. You have alot of yoga dvds. I like hi/lo also, but it usually takes a lot of space, which I don't have. Enjoy your evenig out with the girls.

Deanie--Sorry about the not so fun gift for DH's b-day!x( I don't know which rotation I woudl rather do. I did the Sept. 07 (Circuit City) in Sept. Didn't you do that one with me? It looks like Sept has a little more cardio, but they are similar. I guess I am leaning more towards Feb. also.

We have another "dress-up" day at school tomorrow....Pajama Day for Letter P week. Oh boy. I get to wear my Lucy and Ethel in the Chocolate Factory flannel pj's!

Gin:)

Good Afternoon!

Deanie - At least your DH will be comfortable!:) Yes, I think I need to do some type of endurance. Tracey's Parts Series is kind of endurance - nothing heavy. I was thinking about Amy's Slo Mo but that's heavy so I guess I'll have to ditch that for another month. I've never done Tracey for a whole month so maybe I need that to shock my body a bit as well. Some people at VF were talking about a total yoga rotation for a while and that really appeals to me but I would hate to lose any gains I've made. They said it really leaned out their lower body, they kept their arm strength due to the arm balances but they gained a few pounds. I wouldn't want to gain any more but if I lost inches and looked more lean, I could handle it. I'll check out Feb. '07 though in case I change my mind.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.