*Damage Control in January* Tuesday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls. :)

Lori: Glad you finally caught up on some sleep and felt better y'day. I was amazed that I had the spins after just 2 glasses of wine. The only explanation is that I didn't eat enough for dinner. Oh well, I woke up y'day feeling fine though I did end up with a slight headache for most of the day. I don't think that was wine-related though. Which FF rotation are you going to do? I did 3 of hers in a row. I really enjoyed them all. S&H is hard. I did a 3 week rotation with it once and enjoyed it. Very different from anything else I have. I will have to do it again once I get my weight under control.

Laura: Wow what a weekend you had! What's the deal with a hunter on your property? Surely that's illegal which is what prompted your DB to go after him...though I don't know WHY an unarmed man would chase a an armed hunter!? :eek: My hamstrings are very DOMS prone too. I get DOMS more often there then anywhere. Excited for STS I see? I admit to feeling a bit weepy when I read that everyone was getting thier shipping notices. Heck, I'd probably be getting mine today if I didn't cancel. It's okay though. I have CLX coming any day and the logical side of my brain knows that CLX is just the better choice for me right now. I love Cathe and know STS will be AWESOME but it's not what I NEED right now even though I WANT it. Did that make any sense? :p

Jacque: DS and I had a great day y'day. I don't know if you read my latest update in the O/F but I made a point of keeping my cool and not YELLING at him when he misbehaved and you know what? He was soooo much better! I hope this is not just a fluke because if it is the answer then I will gladly work to change my ways. :) So didja get that shipping notice?

Today will definitely be Slo Mo Chest, Bi, Tri. Not sure what else yet. It depends on if I decide to hit the gym for a run after dropping DS at school since I have the day off. I'll be back later to report the full work out.

Have a great day!:D

Morning Ladies ..

Had another night of nightmares .. ugh .. I hate that .. probably all the CRAP I have been comsuming .. LOL!!! I am DOMing all over today .. especially in the hammies and core .. YOWZA .. it hurts to breath in .. LOL!! Class was packed last night .. and boy were they moaning and groaning ..

Today will be another power walk at lunch .. then tonight's class will prbly be 4 step plyo - UB and LB heavy weights!

Wendy .. yes hunting off the side of the road is VERY illegal .. not to mention at night ..which adds "spotlighting" to the crime .. DB is the Sheriff of our county .. so he was PLENTY armed!! After he nabbed them he called the game and wildlife people out. The people were from Texas .. sure their guns and truck got confiscated ... and the fine will be a biggie!! I do hate you are not doing STS w/us .. I am super excited .. not sure how I will fit everything in w/my classes it would be nice to have the time to just do STS .. but that is not the case .. so I will have to modify ... I will come up w/something! congrats on the progress w/DS ..

Lori .. OMG girl were you trying to kill yourself yesterday??? :eek: I should have been doing that w/o to make up for my being bad all weekend .> YOWZA are you able to move today????

Jacque ... my "cheating" is usually w/carbs .. I CRAVE them .. especially around PMS monster time .. the dang break room has ALL my favs .. I do good and bring my HEALTHY snacks .. but yesterday I WAS FREAKING STARVING .. I brought an extra healthy snack today .. just in case!!:)

Anyone heard from ANG??? Not like her to be gone for so long .. hope everything is ok.

OK .. better run ... the pile of paperwork is calling my name .. LOL!!! Have a great one .. and great sweaty w/o!!!:D

Good Morning:)

I had an o.k night at work last night. And had an awesome sleep when i got home. 3 hours of uninterupted sleep is a challenge in this house sometimes. When i woke up, the phone was on the night stand! Can you imagine if that rung? It would have been fired out the window...if I could move my arms;)

Wendy** Enjoy your workout today. Is DS behaving himself now? Somedays they are just pure evil! DS wants to be up to the kitchen sink all the time now. Like I have time to be at that! Then he will take the tap and point it at the counter so if I am not looking, there is water going everywhere. It would be ideal if I could just leave him there.
This rotation is called "another strength rotation" I guess she didn't know what to call it:p My chest is soooo sore today!

Laura** Nightmares? Is that a common thing? I never have those. DH had one the other night that I left him....then again...maybe that wasn't a nightmare:p maybe it was a dream! haha! Im not to impressed with him today cause he lost my car keys and said that he didn't have them, found them in his coat pocket. But of course, I am contray b/c I just worked a night shift, its not anything that he did:confused:

So today is S&H and GS tris. I have a feeling that DOMs is going to last longer then 1 day with this rotation. Im looking forward to doing bics and should's though.

I should check on yesterdays thread to see if I missed anything.

BBL!
Lori:)

Jacque** What rotation are you following? I just did the Dec and Jan one. I really enjoy them and its the first time I have EVER stuck to a rotation...well, except for yrs ago I did the TTR. Im going to pick something that works my bic's,tri's and shoul's 2-3 x's a week before I go to FL:)

I was up last night waiting for a flight...on the Cathe site...and wanting to order the STS series...but it will be like $400 Canadain! Thats ALOT of dough! And if I did the 4 equal payment plans, that would be over $100 a month. I may have to wait till my b-day. If I wasn't going to FL I would splurge but I have other things I need to spend my money on right now.

Good morning chickies !

Got up early enough to get through Imax2 and need to 'run' to get to work now.

BBIAB to catch up at break time ! :D

And . . . check to see if my shipping notice has arrived in my mailbox ! :p

I'm back.

I decided to come home after dropping DS off at school to bang out Slo Mo Chest/Bi/Tri. I really love this work out. The Back/Shoulders one is good too (though I'm not all that fond of the first move) but Chest/Bi/Tri ROCKS! :D

I will be heading to the gym in a bit, once it's less crowded. I am going to time it so that I can go there, run, shower and go straight to pick up DS from school instead of coming home in between and having to go back out. The run will be the end of my working out today. I am giving the legs a rest from Squeezing and Bodystrking (LOL) and the obliques a rest cause they are still MAJORLY sore. I think they are worse today then they were y'day! :eek:

Laura: I am sure you'll come up with some kind of killer modification to make STS work for you. Don't worry about me...I'll be doing CLX while you are doing STS. I'll be just fine! :D Perhaps I will reconsider and purchase STS in the future. The price won't stop me if I want it bad enough! :p

Lori: Kids! LOL When DS is acting up I feel like the only mom in the world who has to put up with a misbehaving child but realistically I know that's not true. I guess I just feel sorry for myself. :p Yeah, STS is expensive at full price even in US $$$ but like I said to Laura, if I want it badly enough down the line, I will be willing to fork over the cash. If you want it then you should definately ask for it for you B'day. Maybe by Christmas I'll be ready. ;)

Jacque: Good job getting Imax2 in before work! I have been wanting to do that work out lately but just haven't fit it in yet. I think I have saturday slotted as an open cardio day along with my Centergy class so perhaps I'll do it then. I should probably do IMAX 3 instead since I was on a roll with learning the blasts not that long ago! :)

Guess that's all for now but I'll pop back in later!

Ciao Bellas!

Wendy** So you didn't order STS either? I pre ordered it, then I cancelled again. I thought I was the only one who wasn't expecting it in the mail:( Guess not....prehaps we will be ready to order it together?:D Have a good workout, sounds like you have a good plan on the go.

Jacque** Hope you are having a good day at work:rolleyes::D

Going to get my workout started!

Power walk done!:D OMG it felt wonderful .. it is 65 degrees and GORGEOUS ... gave me spring fever BAD!!! But it is supposed to start raining tonight .. then get cold again tommorrow .. back into the low 20's . :confused: but TODAY FELT WONDERFUL!:D

Lunch .. Lean Quisine Lasagna - organic salad w/balsamic vinegar!! right now I am full .. still have 2 snack left in ref if I get weak this afternoon.

The DOMS are really screaming at me now .. the power walk really made the hammies pipe up and yell OUCHIE!!!!!:eek:

Lori: I pre-ordered STS on day one of the pre-sale but over the last couple of months many things have lead me to decide to cancel it so I just did so last week and promptly ordered CLX instead. ;)

Laura: I had a Lean Cuisine for lunch too: beef and macaroni. I've been buying a few every week lately as they've been on sale and are great in a pinch or just when I am tired of the same old thing.

My run is done. I chose ITread 21/30 minutes run intervals.

Tomorrow's plan so far is Squeeze and Centergy class.

BBL!

Popping back in for a quickie . . .

Forgot to mention that I did 15 1RM's last night instead of my rotation. The fact that they are shipping has me excited - but now I'm also worried as I ordered the first day and still have no shipping notice. The order shows the correct email address ? ? ? :confused:

Wendy - glad things on the DS front are calming down. Just like working out, I always had to switch things up with the discipline for my kids. They were pretty good but DD has quite a stubborn streak that was frustrating. I am working on FF January rotation but started late so should be on week 3 (had I not gone stir crazy with 1 RM's last night). I may try to bang out the 1 RM's and then see if I really get my STS ! I have done IM 3 quite a bit so doing 2 today was fun. :D In your case, I think I would do 3 to get the moves down - these days I almost know what to do just by the music ! :eek:

Laura - LOL that DB is the Sheriff ! Sending no nightmares and CRAP eating vibes to you today ! ;) Carbs definitely seem to be my issue too - doesn't need to be PMS days either ! I have to say that even with the Doritos last night I was still down 1/2 a lb. I think my eating habits with all the stress and work issues were so horrible that even with me eating more now I am down 3 lbs total just within the past week. Feeling much better about it now. OK - your turn to drop a few ! I am passing the baton . . .:D

Know what you mean about the Spring itch. We have had some nice sun, even though it has only been mid 50's and I am lovin' it. I sit on my couch in the late afternoon and let the sun beat in on me while I lay on the other side of the sliding door. Yep - I'm definitely a CA kinda girl ! At least you got a nice walk in today before it gets worse. Once again we are warming up while you are cooling down. Too funny how the weather has worked lately.

Lori - Good you got some sleep today ! I haven't done S&H for quite a while. Seems like all my rotations lately are P, GS, 4DS, PS. I had forgotten about that one. Would have been good to do prior to STS ! :( So is there a big enough difference in US price vs Canadian price so you could order STS, have it sent to the US and have someone send it to you in Canada? Or is shipping to Canada the issue? (Ya know I am just trying to enable you ! :rolleyes:). Hmmm - you could have it shipped to FL while you are there? he he he !

Have a nice evening ladies !

Afternoon ladies .. I survived the carb munchies attack .. for snack I ate a fresh thing of strawberries our FL friend brought me .. MMM MMM MMM .. soooooooo sweet!!! So I didnt even have to reach for the EXTRA snack today .. :)

Jacque and Lori .. I need some NO nightmares sleep .. OMG Lori you dont have nightmares??? I have TERRIBLE ones .. I mean I wouldnt even begin to describe them b/c ya'll would think I was a psycho killer or had one after me .. LOL!!! They are really WARPED .. I usually have them on a full moon .. but I am blaming the bad eats on these .. that and I watched Mirrors w/Kefer Sutherland SUN night and it kinda freaked me out a bit ... :eek: .. and I LOVE horror movies .. Mirrors was really FREAKY/disturbing though ..

Jacque I have only gained 2 pounds .. which is from the 3 I lost .. so I am still down a pound (does that make sense) .. I want to SHED my"winter coat" though ... how do you say it .. "get rid of the FLUFF" :p my midsection is a bit fluffier than usual (I know the extra CABS are the cause as much as I hate to admit it) .. so my wish is to add some muscle and shed some midsection fluff!! I am loving the butt and legs but my UB has lost some of the P90X'ness!!! STRESS .. OH MY .. yes stress is what got rid of those 3 pounds in the first place w/o trying .. I get stressed and I wilt ... I am pretty steady ... never really flucuate more than 2 or 3 pounds either way .. (as long as I keep up the tough w/o )

OK... about to get the desk cleaned off and try to move this TIRED .. FREAKING SORE AS H### body to class and crank out some more torture to burn some calories and shock those sore muscles into shape!! :) Have a great one!!

Hi Ladies:)

A little contray tonight:mad: LOL I am in charge of entering visa receipts and making note of them.The accountant is ready for them but Ive only done up to Oct of last year. No biggie cause it takes a while to gather up all of the receipts, the actual job doesn't take very long. Anyway, when I came into work my coworker had a note left for me saying that the accountant is doing the yr end early and was ready for the visas..."you may have your handsful" I then wrote on the note. "why would you say that" I have about 5 visas to enter into the system, takes about 1/2 a day! I think she wrote it there for my boss to see:mad: Makes her look good....you see......there is a name for people like that:eek:

Todays workout was another goodie:) My left tri was feeling it alot more then my right...but thats o.k, Im sure they both worked equally as hard. So I did S&H and GS tris going heavy, 2 mile run, first 3 seg of BM 2 (giving me 45 mins of cardio) and BM2 abs.

Wendy** Oh...so you ordered something then?;) I thought I was the only one with no new workouts...guess I was right!:eek: I was going to ask DH for CLX for Christmas cause they were cheaper then STS, but after reading someones reviews, I decided not to. Oh well.....

Laura** Nope, no night mares here. Maybe cause I have a drink every night before I go to bed?:rolleyes:

Jacque** Its the exchange rate thats the killer! I should have ordered it when we were dollar for dollar. Shipping wasn't to bad, maybe $30 or so. VS shipping is whats killer! Im going to look for a VS store when I am in Fl.

I may be back later, not much on the go here tonight!

Hey Ladies,

I had to be at work early, well early for me anyway. I did set my alarm and get up in time to do my workout. I'm starting phase 2 of CLX, the Lean phase. It was tough. The goal of this phase is to lift heavy enough to fail in 6-8 reps. Also, instead of doing compound exercises as in the burn phase, you do single muscle exercises.

I have not yet received my STS shipping notice but I would expect to see it in the next week or so. My Tom Venuto book arrived today. I hope to look through it a bit before I go to bed tonight.

Wendy-trust me, you are not alone. My first child was perfect, very easy going, no problems etc. Son number 2 was the devil child! Had my first son not been so easy I probably wouldn't have notice. Discipline is very hard and I'm sorry you are struggling with this. I can't offer any advice because I'm a yeller which never accomplishes anything. DH is very good at discipline and can talk (not yell) and get the desired results. Can't wait to hear what you think of CLX. I still don't like that there are only 2 cardio w/o's included and you have to order extra cardio w/o from beachbody if you want.

Lori-wow, S&H really works those muscles hard. I haven't done S&H for a long time. I love feeling liked my muscles have been thoroughly worked. Good Job!!

Laura-Sounds like you had a busy weekend. I don't have the carb cravings usually, but worse-chocolate cravings! I can't believe your warm temps, we are in the single digits and teens.. BBBRRRR

Jacque-good job getting in Imax 2. I did that one last week just for a change from Imax 3. It was a fun w/o too. DH wanted to pull out of the 30 pushups. He said the Sharks are doing great this season. I see the Avs are down to 0 at the beginning of the second period. GO AVS!!!!

Hi Angie, Jen, Shirl and Dee Dee.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.