*Damage Control* Thursday

We had a great nights sleep last night and I didn't have to take any painkillers for my tooth yesterday! Yippeeee!

Todays workout is going to be a run and abs, probably when DS takes an afternoon nap.

Scale was down 2 lbs today:) 3 more to go to get to my normal weight!:mad: Oh well! Im not 100% sure its all water weight, my jeans were pretty tight last night. Isn't it weird how we can seem to put on weight overnight????

I will bbl! Need more coffee!

Lori:)

Lori: Sorry about all of the interruptions earlier in the day yesterday. I hate when that happens. I am sure your issues are all related to the meds you are taking. Perhaps drinking more water would help flush it out a bit?? Our tax return is bringing us a nice bit o' money. It's a comforting thought with DH outta work. We have a nice savings but this will add to it. :)

Jacque: There's a fair amount job openings around here but sooooo many folks are out of work that the jobs are probably tough to get cause everyone is looking. I would ultimately like a part time job working either 3 days a week 8 hours a day or every day for 4-6 hours. I am not sure if I want to jump back into FULL time work quite yet but we'll see what's out there....As soon as either DH or myself are gainfully employed I will be buyin' me some lifting hooks! Would be nice to have them for Push which I start Sun or Mon but that's not gonna happen...

Today's work out is supposed to be BC#3. I was originally thinking of adding a run to that but now I am considering JUST the run for today. I can do BC#3 tmrw. I think I want the break from lifting for today. I think I NEED it actually...

Well it's getting late. Gotta get DS ready for school!

BBL!:)

Scale was down 2 lbs today:) 3 more to go to get to my normal weight!:mad: Oh well! Im not 100% sure its all water weight, my jeans were pretty tight last night. Isn't it weird how we can seem to put on weight overnight????

I will bbl! Need more coffee!

Heh Heh. I am the QUEEN of putting weight on (and taking it right back off) over night. I am ALSO the queen of putting it on and not being able to get it back off no matter what I do! *crosses arms and stomps feet* :mad: So I hear ya loud n clear, Lori!

Wendy** Haha....you sound like you are the queen of a few things:) Sometimes I wonder if my weight will go back up to my prepreg weight, so when I gain a little, I tend to freak out a bit:confused: Lets see what tomorrow brings:) I do believe that you get on the scale everyday as well....so I shouldn't be ashamed;) Glad you are getting a nice return. Between the 2 of us we are getting back over 3G's:)

What I wouldn't do for someone to bring me a coffee:confused: DS is in my arms,1/2 so I don't really want to move.....but I really need coffee!!!!!

Good Morning Ladies,

I was too busy to stop in and post yesterday. I didn't have a chance to w/o yesterday morning but I did make it to the circuit class at the rec ctr for a lunch time workout. We did about 15 minutes of cardio and the rest was endurance work with light weights, body bar, bands etc. It was a pretty light w/o IMO.

I'm working from home today and have plenty to keep me busy all day. After I take Jerod to school I'll work out. I'm thinking Burn Intvl's is sounding fun this morning. The other option I'm considering is one of the STS plyo leg discs.

Lori-Did you get that coffee??? I just started another pot brewing here. DH takes a 32oz mug of coffee and that only leaves 2 cups for me. Not enough when I'm working from home. Enjoy your run today!

Wendy-I think the lifting hooks will help a lot with STS and CLX. Good luck on your job search. I think starting back to work part-time would be better than going full time too. I have a biased opinion as I always wanted to work p/t when my kids were little but I never had the opportunity. Not only that but it would change Joey's norm also. It's nice getting a refund and not having to pay. We are at that point where we need to make some changes to avoid paying.

Laura-Are you taking a rest day today??? if not, what kind of torture are you planning for your class tonight??

Jacque-how was dinner with DD last night??

bbl

Lori: There are times I will weigh myself obsessively (bad, I know) and times when I won't get on the scale for weeks! It all depends. I actually stayed away from it for a while after coming home from Vegas. Generally speaking though, because I am struggling with weight right now I am tending to weigh myself more often but when I was at my "happy" weight I normally didn't weigh myself more then once or twice a week. My mom has weighed herself daily for as long as I can remember. It's just what she does. I guess it's not bad so long as you don't freak out (like we do :eek: ) when it goes up. She has always said weighing daily helps her to keep her weight in check. Whatever works, right!? :)

Diana: So how was your work out? What did you ultimately end up choosing to do? This is the 4th year now that we have been getting nice returns. We use a CPA who knows his stuff when it comes to union workers. He knows the ins and outs of all of the deductions we can claim. DH got referred by a guy he worked with. Lots of the guys in his union use this firm. We are very happy with him. Prior to him, my mom always did my taxes...Yup-even as a grown woman she STILL did them. LOL Sorry your class was not as tough as it usually is. Perhaps she lightened up on purpose for some reason? I would definitely prefer p/t work right now but with more hours and better pay then I currently have. Thanks for the good luck wishes! I will probably need them!!!! :eek:

Well, I haven't gotten my arse to the gym yet but I am going VERY soon!!! I was doing house work, a little laundry and then food shopping earlier. Glad those things are out of the way now. Nicer to work out knowing you DON'T have a load of chores to do when you are done. :) Heading for my mom's later so probably won't have time to check back here today.

I'll be back in the morning though!

OK ladies .. I posted this morning in Lori's first post .. you girls are confusing me .. LOL .. here is my original post w/some editing .. LOL::

Morning Ladies ..

We had a girls outting last night .. a friend's b-day .. we had a blast .. but confession time: I PIGGED OUT . . I let a friend of mine talk me into get the enchilada supreme .. OMG .. it was SOOOOOO good .. there were THREE enchiladas on it .. one cheese, one chicken, one beef:eek::confused::eek: .. OK . so I ate the entire cheese one .. 1/2 of the chkn one and a bite or two of the beef .. PLUS chips and salsa PLUS several CABS :eek: OK .. had MAJOR guilt pains this morning ... MAJOR!! got on the scale and I have gained back the weight I had lost PLUS ONE POUND :eek::( NO this will NOT do .. I am hoping the extra pound is fluid from all the salt and cheese .. and CABS .. but OMG .. I can not allow myself to pig out like that!!!

So today is STS back and bis ... hope we can do entire w/o at lunch .. what we dont finish we can finish in CLASS (my poor class) ... so tonight is a combo and plyo work // kickboxing // and weights ... :)

Lori .. so glad the tooth is better .. and you got a good nights sleep .. soooooo I found the weight you lost .. dang it! Oh .. my workspace .. they are re-doing my area and I am moved in the back away from PIA for a while ... good and bad .. good no PIA.. bad people seem to love to stop and talk and it is too quiet back here .. I am used to music and customers fussing .. back here silence ... they can hear every word you say .. kinda creepy .. I am next to PIA mother :mad: .. so I am not totally STRESS free

Wendy .. how is the job search?? Go for part time if you can ... WISH I could ...

Hello Jacque and DI ... enjoy your active recovery week ...

OK .. gotta run .. been interrupted THREE times since starting this .. "cant they see I am BUSY!@!#$!@#!@" .. :p have a great one!!:D...

... anyway .. we did do bis and back . . and I will be feeling it .. did not finish it so gotta look at the w/o card and see what all we missed and kill us in class tonight .. LOL ... gonna be cardio kickboxing and weights ..

better run .. I have been called up front .. one of the girls had to leave .. now I am working w/PIA .. :mad: .. I cant catch a break

I know Laura...I think you should rephrase that though....WENDY is the one that confuses us!;):) Im sure she will love taking the blame.

Atleast you know that your weight is water weight and you know where it came from. I haven't been that bad lately at all! I've cut back on the CABS and there aren't even any sweets in the house. Prehaps its last weeks cakefest catching up with me??? Thats possible I suppse. Ha...in a couple of days your weight will be gone. Im hoping for another 2 lbs loss tomorrow and that will bring me back to where I was a couple of days ago.

I just lay down for a sec while DS was next to me and I doozed for a min....long enough to give myself a headache:rolleyes: I thought about taking a tylenol...but ya know...DH is on his way home and he picked up a coffee for me, maybe that will do the trick:D Oh....I also had a love affair with a box of captain crunch earlier:confused::eek:

Just poppin' in to say that I FINALLY got around to my run. 3.5 miles with Grace. Now I have to move my behind to get to my mom's by 5:30! :eek:

Ciao!:D

Well guess I'm last here today and it's only lunch time for me ! :eek:

Got home a bit later than planned and had to put some unexpected flower from a past co-worker into a vase. That left me with less time for my workout than I wanted, especially since I was going out to eat.

Did Cardio Fusion - aimed for the All Cardio premix - did the step and 5 out of 6 drills so was totally sweating for about 35 minutes. Not too bad considering it was short.

Tonight will be a circuit (lt weight) or kickboxing of some sort and perhaps a short 1/2 hour run. I don't have to cook tonight (again! :p) since it's hockey night for DH and can make up for last night. Am pretty geared up for it to !

Wendy - At least there are job opening for you to apply for. Hope you get something fun ! I need someone to have fun at work around here ! :rolleyes: :p I'm kinda like your Mom and hop on the scale quite often. If it is up for a few days in a row then I tighten the old diet or try to get some extra cardio in, however, the extra isn't happening too much lately. I think running what little bit I have done has helped though so think I may run at least twice a week if I can.

How nice you got chores done so you were all finished ! I wish I could make more noise in the AM and start mine before work, but DH sleeps too late for that. :( Hope you had fun at Mom's.

Lori - Woo hoo a good night's sleep and no pain. Then you go and take a nap with DS and get a headache? What were you thinking ? LOL ! Hope the coffee helped. Nice on the tax return there lady ! We are in for about $2,500 - enough to help with next season's Shark Tix for sure ! :p
So did you get your workout in today?

Diana - sounds like you shoulda taught class last night ! ;) At least you are on your own at home so you can make up for it today, right? Thanks for the reminder about plyo legs - seems like the reviews are that it is a killer - I had forgotten about it ! That will be perfect for tomorrow and then a long run on Sat.

Dinner was fun - she brought a friend and we giggled and laughed lots. She is pretty funny and fun to be around. We did order a spinach artichoke dip appetizer but I didn't eat nearly as much as they did - still had quite a few chips like Laura though. Dinner was a chicken salad with a few extra fixings that I really didn't need, but will burn them off tonight !

Laura - yep, we were the chip twins last night, huh? I had a tall Coors Light too ! Didn't get on the scale this morning though ! :p Nope, don't wanna know ! ! ! ;) I didn't even see the other post - guess it pays to be late, huh? :rolleyes:

You poor poor thing - first PIA's mom and then PIA today ! Just not fair ! Tomorrow is FRIDAY though - Woo Hoo ! I am already excited - my favorite day of the week !

Enjoy the evening ladies while I get back to work ! ;) :p

Reporting tonight's workout:

Cardio & Weights (used 5 & 8 lbs) + 30 min run = 2.7 mi + 5 min C/D = 3 miles total. Total workout 1 hr. 35 min. to help make up for last night ! :p

Off to watch the Sharks game on TV - and find some food - I'm starved !

Later gators !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.