*Cheetahs* Work it Wednesday

Brighton: So I guess you were on an Inauguration Day high yesterday, huh? :D

Jackie: My hip is fine. That happens on occasion if I walk wrong. It normally doesn't hurt for that long though. I've decided against going to the TNT meeting. I know it's going to get me excited over the IDEA of running a marathon but the reality is that I'm just not ready no matter how excited the meeting gets me. Better just to skip it. I'll try again another time. :) Okay, I can't remember now...what did you use the weighted vest for that gave you DOMS? :D

Linda: My thoughts and prayers are with your daughter and the baby. I enjoyed the portion of Power Strike that I did. Very different from Cathe's kickboxing. Don't know if you read but I am canceling my STS pre-order. I've decided it's not for me after all. I am going to wait a bit longer for the CLX issues to be resolved and then I have every intention of ordering it. Coming to the conclusion that I don't want STS (at this time anyway) is making it MUCH easier to justify the CLX purchase. :D

Judy: I appreciate your thoughts on the marathon issue. I always love hearing from you.

Cathy: That's great that you had your ducks in a row and were able to throw in a post during the week. You may find it happening more often if you are able to keep on task the rest of the time-which I know you will! :)
Thanks for your support and encouragement regarding the marathon. One day I will go the distance! Now is just not the right time for me. A part of me is definately bummed about my decision but in my heart I know it's the right thing to do.

Karen: Thanks so much for your sweet post. You are a doll. Thanks for taking the time to post that despite what you are currently dealing with. As I just wrote to Cathy, I am bummed that I will not be running in May but I'm just not as ready as I thought I was plus there are other things fitness-wise that are more important for me to focus on right now.

Good morning!

Judy – I agree with being able to keep the baby in there longer being better! I am so glad they did the amnio and found out his lungs weren’t ready, instead of going ahead and inducing her! I am having them ship them to my work address this time. That will take a lot of the worry away! Enjoy your run and yoga! Is it still cold there? Are you running outside?

Cathy – Thank you, so much! I am sorry that I was unable to update sooner! Things have been so crazy busy!  LOL…yes, I am having them delivered to work, but I still worry that they will, somehow they will not get to me  I am glad you are all caught up with your work and were able to get a little bit of a breather! Did you enjoy your rest day?

Wendy – ((Hugs)) – We are absolutely “not” disappointed in you for not going through with the marathon! I totally understand how you feel! You need to do what is right for you and what you like doing! I felt the same way you do, at times before mine. I also understand, exactly, what you are saying about STS. It will still be available when/if you decide you really want it and feel like committing to such a long rotation! CLX is great! I love it and I do think you will really like it. I am glad I ordered it…I almost didn’t! I am glad you feel better now!! Sounds like very smart, well-thought out decisions! And you are right…..we are here for you whatever rotation/workout/cardio, etc…no matter what you are doing!

Karen – I am so sorry your dad is having so many problems! I hope you are okay. It seems like you have had so many bad things to deal with lately  I hope and pray everything turns out well!

Hi to everyone!!

Linda

Good morning, Cheetahs!!!

Wow, where have the last few days gone??? We've had sick toddlers here... so I've been playing Dr. Mom for awhile. Then Monday morning I woke up with the same sore throat the kids have been fighting... :rolleyes: Oh well. C'est la vie.

Workouts have been lackluster this week, but I did great on that front last week so I'm trying to cut myself a little slack. I tried to get LIC in on Monday when I was feeling pretty cruddy-- and I fell off the step during the first blast!!!! :confused::confused::confused: Twisted my ankle and everything. Yeah. So I decided to just take a break for a day or two. I'm feeling much better today, so I'm hoping to get to the gym while DS is at preschool. Here's hoping! ;)

(((KAREN))):
Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. :(:(:( Hang in there! I really wish I could give you a hug in person. I'm praying for you and your family.

Carole: Thanks for the support with delaying the marathon until Sept. I really think it is the wiser move for me. Way to smoke that 22 miler, Iron Cheetah!!! :D

Laura: LOVE the new siggy! :D And LOL about the Garmin enabling. *sigh* I will have to find a way to fit it in the budget, I'm thinking! ;) I'm glad you're enjoying it! Thanks SO much for the info on the foam roller... that is very helpful and kind of you to share. :) Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about your leg pain-- it sounds eerily similar to what I've been dealing with. I've done my share of post-run limping this month too. :( ITA that the time off will help. That's what I had to do as well.

Cathy: Congrats with the weight loss! :D Can I jump on that wagon too? :rolleyes: That is too funny about needing breaks from writing on the white board. I'm glad CLX is working so well for you! Lovin' your ski bunny pic. :) LOL about the English/Phys Ed comment... been there! Aw, thanks for posting the picture of Dr. King. What an amazing man.

Wendi: Hope you're staying warm!!! :eek: ROFLOL about resisting the Garmin enabling!!!!!!!! That's exactly how I'm feeling. :D Can't blame you for reaching for the DVD's when it's this cold out-- I've had to do that multiple times myself this month!

Gloria: Hey, I'm hearing you with the COLD making you crabby-- I feel the same way! :confused: Yaktracks- sounds like something I could really use! I'm always slippin' and slidin' out there... :rolleyes: LOL about men and knives!!!! You could be talking about my DH as well! :D

Judy: Ooh, planks on the BOSU... my abs are roasting thinking about it! :D

Posh: I'm so sorry to hear about DH's employment situation... :( Hope things turn around quickly on that front. I totally hear you on Beachbody's customer service... I've been burned there before too. Your menus from Sunday's post sound deeeeeelish! :)

Jackie: I'm a kid at heart too. :) My sis & I love Enchanted. I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin, but IA that it must be comforting knowing he's at peace.

Wendy: Glad you had a blast at the party, but so sorry to hear about the heating & computer issues you had to deal with!!! I totally understand about the marathon training. You have to do what is right for you. I'm going through kind of a similar thing right now. You hate to let it go, but sometimes you need to listen to what your body is telling you. If it's just too much right now, it's too much-- and there's no shame in that. You'll do it when you're ready, and you'll rock it when you do!!! :D Yes, I thought the inaugural address was amazing! :)

Linda: Best wishes & prayers for DD and baby. I'm sorry to hear about the FL conflict... arrrgh! Hope things work out for you.

*whew!*
Well, that catches me up-- finally!!! :eek:
Christine and Dallas-- you are missed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope all is well.

Hope everyone has a happy Wednesday! The weekend is one day closer!!! :D

Good morning Cheetahs!

Linda - So sorry to hear what DD is going through right now. She and the baby are in my prayers. Thank you for the update. I got the Gold's Gym 20 pound vest. I'm glad I chose to do that instead of going with the 10 pounds. It was only $20 more than Cathe's at Wal-Mart. Glad you're getting your workouts shipped to your job. Now, Madison won't leave a surprise for you. :D

Judy - Ah, yeah, I remember now you changed your race day. Good call to ditch the tempo run. Hope you had a good run and yoga workout!

Cathy - Nice to see you post during the week. Glad you're all caught up for a minute. :) Don't you just love the tech folks with the accent and trying hard to understand what they're saying? I'm definitely getting DOMS from CLX every time I do it. It's more LB than UB though. Yes, 20 pounds on the vest. It will help with Cathe workouts too because I won't have to put so much weight on my shoulders with the BB.

Wendy - I know you think you're disappointing the Cheetahs about droppiing out of the marathon. But, I say if your heart and spirit are not in it, it will make it very difficult. I know how I feel when I'm burned out on running. Running 4 - 5 days a week gets old with a quickness. Do what you feel is best for you. I never ordered STS because I wasn't sure I wanted to go in that direction. Who knows I could change my mind when I'm finished with CLX. Don't think you will be disappointed with CLX either. And, I've gained weight each time I train for a half too. If it continues to be a trend every time, then guess what, there will be no more halfs for me. I'm at the age where it will be harder to drop the extra pounds. So, I'd rather not have to worry about it in the first place. That's why I'm going to wait to see how I do with training and using CLX. I plan on doing 3 runs a week and may add a 4th here and there. Glad the hip is fine. I used the vest for CLX Burn Circuit #1.

Karen - ((((HUGS)))) to you. More and more prayers for your dad and for your strength.

Christine, Shelly, Dallas - How are things?

Today's workout was Burn Circuit #2 and Ab Burner. I had 12 pounds in my vest and that seemed to have done the trick. Could really feel the difference especially with the bowler's move. Still used the weights that Chalene used and it felt a little easier.

Happy Hump Day!

Jackie - I would really like to get that vest! I will have to go see if my Wal Mart has it. That sounds like it is just what I need to be able to handle more weight in CLX ! (since my forearms/wrists/hands get so fatigued in some of the moves! Great job on your workout!

Brighton - I am sorry your kids have been sick! Oh dear! I am glad you weren't hurt badly from falling off of the step! Youch!

Well, I am still at work, so I had better get some more work done!

Linda

Today's workout was Burn Circuit #2 and Ab Burner. I had 12 pounds in my vest and that seemed to have done the trick. Could really feel the difference especially with the bowler's move. Still used the weights that Chalene used and it felt a little easier.

Hi
Do you wear the vest for entire workout? not sure if you are just adding to parts or all?

Thanks

Hello again! :D

Here I am again, on a weekday—how ‘bout that? Updating my nutrition planner and thought I’d pop on over since it’s another low-key night. Life is good.

Wendy—LOL!!! More time on task? Dude, teachers are always on task! Multi-tasks even!
35.gif
LOLOL But absolutely, it’s good to enjoy a lull, however brief it may be!!…Moving onto to serious matters...Re: changing your mind about the marathon—that’s a decision you make for you and no one else, so you’re not letting anyone down. When (or if) you are ready to commit to training, you will. And if not, that would certainly not make you any less of a runner. I’ve heard more than one fellow runner express zero interest in completing one because the training would take the joy out of running for them. The bottom line, and this applies to STS, too, is you just do what’s right for you. It's that simple. You have our support regardless.

Karen—More thoughts & prayers comin’ your way.

Linda—I can imagine things have been just insane for you with all that’s going on. Glad things are still being safely delivered to your work. I did enjoy my rest day yesterday but admit I had the an itch to do some add-on cardio this evening. As mentioned to Jackie, though, I am really curious to see if it is possible to get results doing CLX the way it’s written, so I'm sticking to the plan for the time being.

Brighton—Oof. Your household’s been hit hard. Hope everyone is feeling better. Oh, I am a total clod on the step and have fallen off a few times myself. Have had a couple of out-of-control bounces off the BOSU, too.
:p Anyway, good to hear your ankle is OK. Thanks re: the weight loss. Absolutely, come on board! My derriere is now 1/16th of an inch smaller, so I can scooch over for ya some. LOL...I was on the inaugural high with ya, too.
fistbumpsmiley.gif

Jackie—what???? You had on a 12 lb. vest PLUS you matched Chalean on the bowler’s?!!..................

I am speechless! LOL

th_praise.gif

Re: tech support...oh yeah, that can be a challenge when the accent is thick. And quite often it seems the volume is extraordinarily low. But this guy was just a character. He would hum and sing to himself while waiting for my computer to load, reboot, etc. Hey, at least he made it entertaining! It's not often you can say that about a tech support experience!

Well, the stars aligned just right and I did make it to the gym today. But I am totally frustrated. I've been resting my leg from running for about 2 weeks now... and I still can't run without serious post-run knee pain. *sigh* I know you have to be patient with these things... but it's hard. Anyway. I got 3 miles in on the treadmill, a little over 2 of which were running. Continuing to use the roller & ice the ITB down. Arrrrrrrgh! :mad: I guess I'm just worried that this might not get better and it will be a constant issue. Which, with the marathon and everything... I can deal with that. But when triathlon season comes back around... that I will be upset about if I have to sit out. Grrrrr.....

Okay, rant over. :D

Jackie: Sounds like you are totally crushing those weight workouts!!!!! :D

Linda: Yeah, I was reeeeeally happy I didn't hurt it badly-- I was seriously worried for a few minutes. YOWCH! But thankfully I ended up only injuring my pride. :eek:

Cathy: It's so fun to have you pop in on a weekday... you make all of us smile. :) LOL about bouncing off the BOSU and skoochin' over to make room for my on that wagon of yours!!! :D I'm on my way!!! :D

Hope all is well in the den, so many of you are in my thoughts & prayers. (((HUGS)))

Brighton - Sorry your kids have been sick. Oh my on falling off the step and twisting your ankle. Glad everyone is feeling better. Thanks about my cousin. Sorry the knee is not ready for running yet. Hope it improves soon.

Linda - When I decided to order my vest on line, I went in the store and lo and behold they had it. It was just a little bit more in the store.

Trigirl - I put the vest on after the warm up and keep it on until she gets to the push ups. But, Monday when I did BC#1, I kept the vest on when I did push ups. It wasn't so hard since it's only a few reps and not a zillion. :D

Cathy - Glad you're enjoying your easy, breezy week. Yeah did the bowler's move with the 25 pound DB. My arms still got a little tired but I was determined to get through it. Laughing at your techie guy entertaining you while helping you with your problem.

Carol - Missed your post today.

Talk to you tomorrow.

I just realized I forgot to give a shout out to Shelly!!! :eek:
Hope all is well with you, Crazy Cheetah! :)

Thanks, Jackie for the well wishes! :) I'm needing them!!! Silly knee issues... grrrrr.

Have a relaxing night, all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.