*Cheetahs* Thursday Thrills

Hi There :)

Wendy- IA with Cathy's comment on the decision to race or not to race a marathon ( and commit to an STS rotation for that matter) lies totally within you. I am happy to read that you are happy with making a choice about it all. Gosh If there are doubts, it would be difficult to train through.

Jackie- If I gained weight during this current training, it would be my last race or I would really have to examine the whole picture more carefully.

FYI Jackie and Wendy- when I did NROL4W and 3 days of HIIT to almost 'puke status', AND walked the golf course all summer..... I gained weight and injured my foot. 3 days of HIIT to almost puke status for me means getting injured.

Brighton- So the nagging pain is ever present? Have you seen a doctor for it? I hope the kids are on the mend.

Gloria- have you used the yaktrax (sp?) yet? We are getting a bit weary of these winter day too. I felt like we had a small victory yesterday with temps in the 20s and daylight at 5:00.

Today is a yoga DVD and foam rolling.

Linda: Thanks for your kind words re the marathon/training. I'm glad you are enjoying CLX so much. I never wanted it until the reviews started coming in. Now I can't wait to get my hands on it! LOL

Brighton: Sorry about the sick kiddos. I hate that. :( I thought I was ready to train for the marathon. I really did. I was so excited for so long and then bam, I hit a wall and lost all of my motivation. UGH. It's not over though. I will try and try again until I succeed. :)

Jackie: You took the words right out of my mouth....
I know how I feel when I'm burned out on running. Running 4 - 5 days a week gets old with a quickness
Good job using a weighted vest during CLX. Perhaps I'll have to remember that for when I do the program!;)

Cathy: An entertaining tech support experience? Yeah, that's odd for sure but good for you that you got one. Made it more bearable for ya! :D Heh heh about being on (multi)task constantly. I don't know how you do it. Kudos to you, girl. Okay so now I am picturing you bouncing off the bosu and flying through air...SUPER CATHY-to the rescue! LOL! :p Thanks re the marathon training. I'll get it together eventually and commit to it. I was so pumped for this-especially once I decided to train with TNT-and then BAM. The motivation was gone. :confused: It upsets me but I am not forcing it. I know the motivation will return some day and when it does...I'm all over it! :D

So after work y'day I did Cathe's PLB floor work (stability ball) and then I did Body Strikes. Fun! Centergy class was nice but I somehow ended up triggering this nerve thing I get in my leg at times (sciatica? Not really sure) and boy can it be painful. I have pain from cheek all the way down the back of my leg into the heel of my foot.

I have Ripped and Chiseled upper body work and Squeeze on tap for today but obviously if my leg is still bothering me, Squeeze will get scratched off the agenda.

Off I go to get more coffee.

Have a nice day girls!

Last edited:
Hi Judy! Posting at the same time. Thanks re the marathon. I know I made the right choice and the fact that I am bummed anyway shows me that I really DO want to do it but now is just not the time...Yoga and foam rolling? NICE. After that, how about a hot cup of tea and a nap? :) ENJOY!!!!!!

Top o' the morning ladies!

Fly by for now...should get back here tonight before bowling.

This morning I knocked off BC/ME Bonus Combo. It seemed to work well last week before bowling so I figured I'd go that route again;).

Have a great day!

Good morning. I am glad it is supposed to get warmer today! It is going to be like a "heat wave"! It is going to be 40 degrees! Yay!!!

Wendi - Great job on BC/ME premix! I love that one and do not do it enough!

Judy - Oh my! I didn't realize that happened when you did HIIT and NROL4W! I remember you hurting your foot....but didn't put 2 and 2 together! I actually gained a couple of pounds with marathon training :(

Wendy - Ouch! Sorry about the pain in your leg! Great job on your workout, though!! I am glad you liked PS! Enjoy R&C and Squeeze!

This morning I did CLX BC2, Ab Burner and Cathe's Cardio Fusion. It was a lot of fun! :) I seem to be doing more "Other cardio" lately!

Hey to everyone! I will try to check back later. DD has 2 appt's this evening.

Linda

Good morning cheetahs

I have decided to take a break form checking in here for a bit. Marathon training will be tough the next few weeks but I will try and catch up here on the weekends.

Have a great week...:)

Hiya cheetahpals! Been MIA for a while ... sorry about that. Just took a total computer/forum break for a while to get refocused and recharged.
I'm on a nice 3 nights stretch off from work... AHHH!:D:D:D:D

Been a little discouraged lately also. I'm dealing with a strain in my left soleus that may derail my spring marathon plans.... not sure yet tho. It actually doesn't really bother me that much while I'm actually running but it bothers me tremendously during other workouts...especially step as you can imagine.

I did get in a nice tempo run (5 miles) on the TM yest and got in BM2 Scambled Eggs later and got all the shopping out of the way. Today I will finally resume my massive painting project. I took a break from it over the holidays and was just burned out. Hopefully I will complete the large main entrance area of the house today.

Got in Mindy's All Systems Go this morning and as before it left me in a quivering sweaty mess:eek:. Later today after painting it'll be BM2 double upper body. Tomorrow the weather should be beautiful and I'll get out for a nice hilly 8 mile run and see how the soleus holds up.

Carole Yes you are right in the peak training period now I can imagine.
Best of luck to you supercheetah!!! Hey, I DH and I really enjoyed the playoffs but I am so torn as to which team to root for in the Superbowl having relocated from Az to Pa!!!

Linda- Yes, the weather has finally come up to above freezing here... nice to thaw out for a bit!! Oh dear... you really have me intrigued with CLX!
But Im gonna still hold off since STS will be coming soon.

Wendi- Best of luck to you with bowling tonight... you you hardly need that ace!

Wendy- Hey, it is hard to get up the motivation to train for a Spring marathon unless you live in the sunny southwest or Florida I guess.
Anyway I think you should shoot for a fall marathon for your first... it will make for a much more fun and rewarding experience IMHO. I would still LOVE to be able to be there for you when you do go for the big M!!

Judy- You must be getting quite weary already with the winter weather up there! Still planning on that HM?

Brighton- Thanks for the shout out yest! Didn't get a chance to go back and check any further about what's up with everyone. I'm doin fine and still quite crazy!!!

That's all I have time to catch up with for now. Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

Shelly

Carole - I totally understand! Spare time seems to be such a rarity for me, lately, too! Hope you have a great week, too!

Shelly - LOL....I do love CLX...but I think since you have STS coming, it is very wise to hold off! It makes it too confusing on which one to continue with! I am torn between finishing CLX...or going on to STS! With STS sitting there...staring at me, I am afraid I will cave and start as soon as I get it! You have "me" very intrigued with ASG! Glad it is warmer for you, too! Doesn't it feel better! I am sorry about your strain! I have come to the conclusion that I won't be able to do a spring marathon! There has just been too much going on for me to feel like I have kept a good base. I just feel overwhelmed. Enjoy your 3 day stretch off and great job on your workouts!!

Good morning, lovely Cheetah babes!

Today I have LIC cardio only (going to see if I can stay on the step this time...:eek::confused::eek:) and GS legs floor on the agenda. DD2 still has a doozy of a cough, but I'm feeling good.

Judy: I haven't yet been to the doctor... mostly because I'm pretty sure he's just going to tell me to stop running until it gets better (from previous experience). :rolleyes: It's not a constant pain, only for a few hours post-run. I can do other cardio, weights, etc. and it doesn't flare it up at all. It's very much running-specific. I think I just overdid it the day I ran my 10-miler in the snow. The rolling & ice help dramatically. I probably just need to give it a longer rest and then get back to the running s-l-o-w-l-y. I have a tendency to get on the treadmill and play a numbers game... and probably pushed it way too hard yesterday. I have a hard time holding back-- especially on the TM. Your workout today sounds heavenly!!! :D

Wendy: Hey, we're all behind you no matter what. I totally understand. Ooh... sciatica. That is a nasty bugger. I had to deal with that through both of my pregnancies. LOL about "Super Cathy" to the rescue! :D Hope that leg gets feeling better quickly.

Wendi: ITA with Linda, I love that combo!!! WTG! Good luck bowling tonight! :)

Linda: LOL about your 40 degree heatwave!!! :D That's how we're feeling out here too! Hope all goes well with DD's appts. today. Thinking of you.

Carole: Good luck with the training!!! We will miss you during the week, but totally understand!!! See ya this weekend, Iron Cheetah! :D

Shelly: Totally understand needing some time to refocus. I'm sorry to hear about the soleus pain. Injuries are so incredibly frustrating. I hope it clears up quickly for you. Good luck with your painting project today!!! :D Hope you get some much-needed R&R during your time off!!!

Karen, our thoughts & prayers are still with you and your dad.

Lots of love to the rest of the Cheetah gang!!!
:)

Hey Girls.

Just got in R&C upper body not that long ago. Great work out. What a burn and I didn't even do the push ups! :p

My leg is feeling better but I opted out of Squeeze for today anyway just to be safe. I plan to do it tomorrow along with a run since I have the day off.

Off to figure out dinner now...

Have a great night!:)

Success!
I made it through step today with nary a fall! :rolleyes:
It's been awhile since I did that GS leg floor work... I think my inner thighs are going to be thanking me tomorrow! :eek:

Have a relaxing evening, all!

Brighton - Yay! I am glad you got through the step without a mishap!! I knew you could do it!! ;) Hope DD2 gets better very soon! Good job on that and your GS floorwork! That is a tough floor routine!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.