*Cheetahs* Inauguration Tuesday

Wendi: LOL-nice thought but I don't have anything in hand. My order will be delivered in about 2 weeks. I just pray it doesn't get MISdelivered to a neighbor! :eek::D So I think you should have just left your tree up and changed the decorations for every holiday! Valentines Day is right around the corner anyway! :p

Gloria: Yeah, the party was lots of fun for sure. How many weeks is your mary training program? I am getting cold feet and having 2nd thoughts. I am supposed to be going to the TNT meeting on Thursday and I told DH last night that I may not go cause I don't know if I want to do this now. I truly think all of the waiting around to be able to do it with TNT is the problem. I am petrified that the training program will be too short! The race is May 3rd! That only leaves 3 solid months to train and with the average taper being what, 3-4 weeks then that leaves only 2 or so months to get the bulk of the training in! WTH!?!? :eek: In addition, I just don't know that I have the discipline to run atleast 4 days a week for several weeks. This week will be my first 4 run week and I am stressing about it already. ACK! I don't know if this is a wise idea for me...I just don't know. :confused::confused::confused: Perhaps I should go to the meeting and see what they have to say. Maybe it won't seem so bad once I see what kind of training plan they give me....???

Today's a DOMS day. Amy kicked my arse! My ub is killin' me! My legs are feelin' it a little as well but definatley more so in the u/b. :D

Today's plan is a short run (3-3.5 miles) after work plus Squeeze L/B Challenge. My original plan was to do Squeeze this morning but once again, that didn't happen. :p

Have a great day!

Hi Friends

Wendy- What a fiasco with your heat this weekend!

Gloria- Your school had classes yesterday? Be sure to give a review on the new shoe adapters for snow. IA it is better to get outside when possible. I am on my last week before the race on Sunday, and I plan to be outside at least two of the days.

Karen- any news?

Wendi- sorry about missing your run. But you are the master of making the best of any situation!

Shelly- are you on a busy stretch of nights?

Linda- I hope all went well with DD and you are just too adored by your sweet grandchild to get on the computer.

Cathy & Posh- short work week for you both . I will look for your posts on Saturday, my last post, before taking off to run in the Big Apple!

Well 5 days to go before the HM ! Today and tomorrow on schedule are 3 mile easy paced runs. then Thursday is a 5 mile tempo and then rest until Sunday. Carole, Jackie, Wendy and Shelly and other HM veterans- how does this look? Should the temp run be sooner or doesn't it matter?

Wendy- I just read your post. Why don't you go to the meeting and tell yourself you are just gathering information. Then, If you are not getting the itch to jump into training, fagettit. Maybe a different race is more your style.

Judy: I never put that much thought into my HM training. I don't know if that was a good or bad idea...LOL....but it's a fact. I just made sure I ran a few times a week and got in my weekly long runs. That being said, I don't think it will much matter if you do that tempo run a few days sooner or not. You can do it either way. You are gonna rock that HM no matter what!! :)
Thanks re: the marathon. You are right. That IS what I should do. I do have another issue though and that is that I have been struggling with some weight gain over the past few months. It's really bothering me and I want to get serious about trying to lose it again. If I start marathon training it is doubtful that I will lose that weight and can't bear the thought of possibly gaining MORE! :eek::(:confused:

Wendy- You probably just have on winter/holiday temporary weight. Do you normally loose in spring anyway? Why do you think you will gain more with marathon training? (Just curious)

Howdy chickadees!

Fly-by for now...what else is new, right:p? Sorry to report that the run got canned, again:mad:! Since it was 4 degrees (-8 degree windchill) at "run time" I opted for a warm indoor circuit. I did the Hi/Lo combos from SJP with the MM UB premix. Nice combo:D! I did end up doing the bicep curls with mismatched DB's (which felt kinda weird, I have to admit) cuz I tweaked my left bicep this past weekend trying to open a frozen barn door and it was still talking to me. Figured I'd better go easy on it for a week or so.

Unfortunately, my left foot is starting to act up again:mad::mad::mad::mad:! After hearing about what Judy had (sesamoiditis) I'm 100% sure that's what it is and am now convinced that I NEVER really had PF. My symptoms never really fit the PF diagnosis but fit sesamoiditis to a "T". I had a feeling that this was going to happen with all the walking in the snow that I've had to do over the past few weeks. I'm going to have to make a concerted effort to a) avoid the snow as much as possible and b) try to push off more off my entire foot instead of my toes when I have to walk in the snow c) be religious about taking my NSAIDs.

Eh well, so that's my tale of woe:p. I'll talk to you gals tonight.

Good morning cheetahs

Jackie...thanks re: my 22 miles. I will be getting a massage next monday! My legs were a bit sore using the EXT, but I think it helped as they are less sore today. Sorry to hear about your cousin, glad he is now at peace....Weird about the bands not working well, sticking with the weights might be better then.

Cathy...Thanks re :my long run pace. Nice to see the time come down a bit...:)...I do think the EXT helped the soreness.

Wendy...yeah, the downhills always get to my quads. I was happy about the run though...:)..So you are not doing the marathon? Enjoy your short run today.

Wendi...LOL about jumping on the EXT with my sore legs!! It did help and I had to do something...:)..I am not really pulling for either team in the Superbowl, I just want to see a good game without injuries...Did you get the X-mas tree down??? Sorry you didn't get in a run today with the brisk temps. Good workout though. Hope the foot gets better soon.

Gloria...thanks re: my run. Yes I do drink coffee and also wine...:D. Quads did feel better after the EXT.

Judy...I would not do the tempo run this week so close to the HM.

I am doing some legwork and a 6-7 mile run.

Have a great day...:)

Hello, Cheetahs.

I have come to the reluctant conclusion that I need to take a week's break from running. In my effort to build up my mileage, I think that I overtrained. I had really good runs last week in terms of strength and stamina, but my connective tissues were hurting--and especially AFTER I ran. I iced after every run, and that helped. But after my last run, I was just almost limping. I was in good enough shape to actually do the 10 miler 10 days ago, but I wasn't used to running enough to recovery adequately. I think that if I had built up my mileage more slowly that would've been better.

Since my goal is simply to complete the 1/2 marathon, I think that I can take this week off. I'll run again Monday and see how it goes. If I still hurt, then I'll have to go to Plan B. But I'm hoping the whole week off of running will give me a chance to recover so that I can jump back into training.

What I have to decide now is what to do this week. I swam on Monday and did PS:BBA today. I was thinking about something like Low Max for tomorrow, but I may forego any kind of cardio with impact this week. Not sure.

My main issue, ironically, is the upper IT band on my right hip. This is not a place that has ever been an issue. It is usually the left IT band around the knee. That spot is totally fine. So, I'm hoping this is just a response to increasing mileage too fast without enough rest and that it won't be an ongoing issue.

On a happier note, our puppies are just starting to open their eyes. I can't wait till they're up and bouncing around.

Afternoon Girls.

Well my planned run went down the tubes.:( I tweaked my hip a bit earlier at work and it was bothering me while I was running plus the gym was waaay too warm. I barely ran a mile and was too aggravated to continue. :mad: I still plan to do Squeeze. I don't think it will bother my hip and hopefully I will be capable of and have time to do Power Strike as an alternate cardio as well since I haven't done it yet.

So 20 miles just might not happen this week and I'm going to try not to beat myself up over it if it doesn't....:eek:

Judy: Nope, I am not one to lose/gain with the seasons at all. I settle in at a weight and that's it unless I lose/gain for another reason. My weight will fluctuate a couple of pounds but that is all year 'round. As for weight gain during marathon training , I have heard that it is hard to lose weight while training (and probably frowned upon to purposely TRY to do) and I swear I had heard that some will gain weight too. Alwyn's (NROL4W) wife is also big in the fitness industry and I remember reading about her on the web and how she gained weight and got "soft" while training for a marathon training because of the huge increase in cardio and forced decrease in weight training. If I hadn't already gained I probably wouldn't even worry about it too much but I am already doubting myself because of the additional weight I am carrying and can't seem to get rid of. GRRRR. Sorry to dump on you. Sorry you asked? :p

Carole: I don't know what I am going to do yet. I think I am going to take Judy's advice and go to the meeting on Thursday and see how I feel after that. As of my attempted run this afternoon I was still aiming for 20 miles this week so I guess as of right now, desite my all of my fears and misgivings, I haven't totally given up on it. I admit I was already upset about something last night when I decided that perhaps I don't want to do this so maybe now that I am in better spirits overall this feeling will pass and I will get jazzed about it again and go for it. Time will tell. Ask me again on Friday! :D Enjoy your leg work and shorter run today.

Laura: Hope your week off helps and you are able to get back on track with your training.

Wendi: Atleast your are training with different DB weights on purpose. I once loaded my barbell unevenly, putting more weight on the left side and then I couldn't figure out why my left side, which has always been stronger btw, was failing before my weaker side! DOH! :p Sorry about your foot. Hope it's better soon!

Well, off to do Squeeze L/B before I have to skeedaddle to pick Joey up from school!

BBL!

Good morning, Cheetahs!!!

Well, it has been an insanely busy few days... I have a TON to catch up with on the threads and will try to do so later today or tomorrow morning.

Just wanted to say...
:D:D:DGod bless America!!!:D:D:D

Hope everyone is doing well, and I'll BBL.......

Hello Cheetahs!

Cathy - Good job using the same weights as Chalene. Yeah, Mike looks like he wants to drop those weights while he asking himself why did I choose so much. :D Can't wait to hear how doing CLX as produced works for you. I'm in my 3rd week and no noticeable results except maybe a little stronger.

Wendy - Bummer about the heat and it messing up your whole day. Better to have heat though. Glad a good workout made you forget all about it. So, can you share what new toys you bought? ;) That would be funny if they were delivered to the wrong address and they opened the box. I'm an Ashley Judd fan too. Think you should go to the TNT meeting and see if it motivates you to do the marathon. It would take a lot for me. Sorry about your run. Hope the hip is ok.

Wendi - Running is supposed to be fun? :p Well, I guess it is sometimes when the weather is just right and the legs and breathing cooperate. Hope I read that you got in your 8 miles today. BIL is coming along fine just tired of being cooped up in the house. He says there's only so much tv you can watch. :D My next door neighbors still have Christmas decorations up. I see that the run got canned again. Sorry. Maybe tomorrow. Hope the foot feels better.

Gloria - Nice of you to buy DH the knives. Bet he appreciated that you thought of him. You didn't have a holiday yesterday? What's up with that? :p

Judy - Your race got here fast. I don't do any hard runs the week of my races. If I had to choose, I would do the tempo run first and get it over and give my body time to rest. You're going to do great Sunday!

Carole - Glad a massage is on the horizon for you. Gives you something to look forward to. Good the EXT helped the soreness too. Hope the leg work and run went well today.

Laura - So sorry to hear you have an injury that's not going away too fast. Hopefully the rest will help and you'll be able to do the half even if you have to walk some of it. Do you have a roller? Puppies sound cute.

Brighton - America is a great country!

I did iTread #21 Run Intervals and Yoga for Hips & Thighs. Thought using the vest didn't make much difference yesterday but I'm really, really feeling my hammies and glutes.

Back to work! Hope you're having a terrific day!

Hey there!

Everytime I get ready to post, I get interrupted. It is very busy at work! :( I wanted to give you guys an update on my DD and the baby.

His lungs were not developed enough last week, to deliver him. Since the blood flow wasn't as high as it had been, and he wasn't stressed...they sent her home on bedrest. She went to the doctor yesterday and they said the blood flow to the umbilical cord is still elevated (the same as Thursday). She has to go back on Thursday for "more" tests. We have no idea what they will do. But...there is still no baby. I just hope there is no damage to him or her from all of this.

Judy - Wow! Your HM is getting close! Thanks for asking about the baby and DD!

Jackie - I really want to get a vest! Was yours the 10 lb one or the 20 lber

Brighton - LOL...I am with ya! I have really got to get caught up on the threads/posts! I have had no time at all!!

Wendy - I am sorry about your hip! Enjoy Squeeze and I hope you get to do PS! I love that one! I really like the music.

Laura - I hope your IT band gets better! I am sorry your are having issues with it! HOpefully, the rest will help it heal and get stronger. Awww! I would love to see the puppies!

Carole - I hope you enjoy your legwork and run! Are you still having the wonderful, mild temps? We are still in the deep freeze!!!

Wendi - Hope your foot gets better soon!!!

I am starting week 3 of CLX. I am using my running as cardio. I have also done the elliptical and Amy's ASC2 and 3 for cardio. Anyway....I am really enjoying it. It is going to be rough to stop it and start STS when it gets here! Not sure what I will do yet.

I am in a pickle, though....we are supposed to leave for Fla on January 26th and return Feb 4th for work. If DD still has not had the baby, I will be unable to go (but that is fine with me....but not for my boss and DH!). If she has had him, I will not be able to stay with her the first week, but I will the 2nd week, and her MIL will stay the first week. AND...I will be gone when STS is delivered!! GRrrr! Remember last time....Madison ate my 4DS series....and then my CIA preorder???

Hey to everyone! Sorry I have to cut this short!!! I only have 10 minutes until time to leave.

Wendi- I do hope your foot is not severe. I found step workouts even more aggravating than running. Ice and NSAI do help.

Wendy- I see your point . But if you consider Carole's training, then I would have to disagree. She has done some great weight work, and reached goal weight during for her current marathon training. ( I seem have an enormous appetite this week for some reason though)

Jackie- the race came faster, because I moved it up by 5 weeks, but I started training sooner than I needed to any way. I am not doing the tempo run.

Linda- Can you have your DVD's delivered to your work address or your daughter? My thought is the closer to the due date the better as long as everything is working well.

Hi Brighton- no worries about catching up .

Laura- resting a week is smart. I hope it helps!

Whatta day!

Hola, cheetahs!

Today’s a planned rest day, and I’m all caught up with work and grading for the moment (now THAT’s a pleasant feeling! :D), so I’m managing a post during the work week, after all.

Wendy—sorry about the heat and internet woes. My router bit it last week, so I put in some time with the tech support folks myself. I had a really funny foreign guy on one of the calls, though. We had some laughs. Anyway, glad your workout set things to right for ya again!…Now wha?
13.gif
What’s this you’re having second thoughts about your mary?!! No way, dude! Scratch those excuses, girl. You can do this! You have TnT...Shelly...and all of us supporting and believing in you, and you could not have a better cause. So, do not succumb to those little doubting voices that inevitably try to creep in!! As far as losing weight during training, IA with the others, it *is* possible. I lost some, actually, when I started working the nutrition program again. You can do it.

Wendi—great job plowing through a good chunk of your list. That’s gotta feel great!!…As far as a guilt trip? Nahhh, not at all intended. J

Gloria—Love the idea of working with an animal shelter. Do you connect that thematically with a particular unit?... Nice that you held off on CLX to surprise DH with the coveted knives. Boys and their toys, huh? J…Thanks about missing my posts during the week. You are too sweet!...I laughed so hard when you said the trampoline is the subject of many personal narratives in your class. I can just imagine!

Jackie—lol about Mike. I really get a kick out of him and the other guy. Definitely won’t be doing CLX as-produced for the entire duration—I do want to work in running and other cardio again. Are you getting DOMS from it? I see the vest really kicks in. Yours goes up to 20, right?

Linda—thanks for the update on your DD and baby. Have been a little worried aboutcha. Ut oh. Need to come up with a Madison-proof delivery plan!

Laura—That stinks about your ITB flare. Hope the rest week’ll do the trick.

Hi to everyone else. Have a great night!

Hi Girls.

So I got in Squeeze LB and about half of Power Strike this afternoon. Fun stuff. :)

Tomorrow's plan is Slow Mo Back and Shoulders before or after work and the p.m. Centergy class at the gym.

So I did some soul searching of sorts while DH was driving to his mom's this afternoon....
I am now 99% sure that I will not be training for/running the 2009 New Jersey marathon this May. This is not something I am totally giving up on but something that I think I just need to hold off on for now. I intend to run a marathon some day and when I do you can bet your bottom that I will do it with TNT (I love you, dad!) but now is just not my time. Simply put-I am not ready/willing to commit myself to the training. I thought I was but honestly, I am not. It's hard for me to admit it but it's true.
To be totally honest when I came to this conclusion and then thought about the coming week of work outs it felt like a HUGE weight had been lifted off my shoulders knowing that I didn't have to worry about fitting in all of those runs. This makes me even more positive that I am making the right decision. Perhaps I will end up running several times a week anyway but it will be because I WANT TO not because I HAVE TO. :)

That being said, I just wanted to say thank you to all of you! You've all been a great support through my marathon trials and tribulations. I laid so much crap on you ladies and I barely even started training for the darned thing! :confused: I almost feel like I am letting all of you down by backing out at this point but logically speaking I know it's not true. I also know that even if I back out of it 10 more times before I actually go through with it that you will all be there for me each and every time and THAT is why I come here every day!!!!!!:)

Hold on hold on...I'm not done yet....:p

I've got one more "bomb" to drop on ya's....I've also decided to cancel my STS pre-order. I was all hopped up for the series when it was first announced and for a long time afterwards but over the past several months my enthusiasm for it has withered and at this point it's all but totally dead. It has nothing to do with Cathe cause I know it will be a fantastic product! Nor does it have to do with SNM and how they handle pre-orders. I love that they offer us such a great deal, etc. I just changed my mind over time and I refuse to buy it just cause I got a good deal and then watch it collect dust in hopes that some day I'll want to complete the program. If I want it in the future, I'll just have to want it badly enough to pay full price for it or I simply won't buy it.

Phew~Now that I got that off my chest I feel alot better! :)

Thanks for reading my "all about me" post.

I apologize but I've run myself out of time for personals at this point. You know I am good for 'em though and will play catch up tmrw morning most likely!

Good night and hugs to all!

Last edited:
Well, Dad will be having open heart surgery sometime soon. Right now he in not a canidate for the surgery until they get futher testing on his GI, and lungs. After he is cleared and the bleeding has stopped they say he is a canidate for this. I'm so worried. They will be taking an artery from his leg to use in his heart. I know he has a good cardiac team but he is a smoker and has had two anyersms in his life. This really is way to much for anyone to take. I couldn't bear losing two parents three weeks apart. Off to bed. I'm totally wiped out. Providence has to wait until futher notice.

OMG Karen!!! (((HUGS))) We were posting at the same time. My prayers will be with your dad and you for as long as you need them!!!!!!

Wendy- Most importantly I'm so gald you feel better. Anything you do needs to fit your ife at the right time in your life.I know that first hand. It was two years between my orginal ten mile run and the half. For me at that time and this time in my life I don't have the time to commit to the training and you should never feel bad about that. As for STS, I didn't order. I think the other day I said actually I love Cathe, but STS isn't a fit for me right now and I really wanted kettlebells. We always know what we really want on the inside but we think others expect so much more WHEN WE DON"T . We are so hard on ourselves and your no exception. I'm glad you are doing what you are doing with all the support and love of the cheetahs. Now get a good night's sleep and feel good about the decsions you made. It was the RIGHT ONE.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.