*Cheetah Den...Monday*

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi Girls.

I am caught up with personals. Just wanted to get us started.

Today's work out will be Slo Mo Back/Shoulders and Joey's standing abs and core on the floor segments. :)

Have a great day girls.

BBL!

WAKE UP GIRLS! :D

I've decided to change it up for upper body. I'll be doing the GS upper body timesaver work outs for the next 2 weeks so today will be Back/Shoulders/Biceps. :)

Well, Carole will be proud to know that our whole family piled out of bed at 1:30 am to go over to our friends’ house and watch the SB. Wendy will just think I’m nuts since she didn’t even watch it, and she’s in the same time zone!! ;) We don’t get the fun commercials—only the international ESPN commercials. But now that it’s over we can download them (though it’s slow), so we’re working on that.

Wendy—Thanks, I’ll watch for your pm. No rush. Remember, I’m super-skilled at delayed gratification! Ha!

Carole—I do have a foam roller and love it, love it. It is the whole reason that I can even run at all again. I had been stopped for years, but I didn’t know what was causing the pain my left knee. Then I read about the roller in a fitness mag (I think M&F Hers), and decided to try it out. Immediate improvement!! So, I’m bummed that I still have issues, but the fact that I’m even running at all seems miraculous, and it's all thanks to the roller.

Jackie—P90X start date is March 9. ½ mary is Feb 21, then I’m going to do “easy” workouts for a week, then I’ll be out of town for a week (and will be able to run without a pre-mapped route thanks to my Garmin). So I’ll start P90X as soon as we get back. I’m planning to do a real leaning out emphasis and hopefully shed a few pounds and some body fat with P90X. DH is hoping for the same.

Wendy—I hear you on the workout dilemma trying to work around DH and DS! Often I get interrupted by my own dear kiddoes. It’s frustrating—but I try to remember that they are seeing a good example of mom working out. But if anyone tries to talk to me during low end lunges, they are likely to get their heads bitten off!! :mad: I have no reserve to do anything but lunges at that point! LOL at you needing DH to hide CLX. It’s so fun to have new workouts!

Brighton—I’m so impatient about learning new ‘stuff’ on the computer. Yes, it would take something like being off my feet for a week. Glad you could take advantage of the time to do something fun you might otherwise not do. I did take 30 minutes yesterday to play with the new Garmin. It has so many features!! Fun, fun, but lots to learn. The legs still are slow to recover from ‘long’ runs but are holding up. I’m tight today still but feel confident that I’ll be ready to run again tomorrow.

To everyone who commented on my 26.2 back-up battery story . . . Yes, absolutely, it’s a sign that I’m supposed to be a Cheetah! I think it’s just a figurative symbol of marathons in general, because I have never had a desire to run a full marathon. And after this experience, I can see that would be a real training challenge. My legs are having trouble cooperating for just a half!! But there’s no way that my batteries could say 13.1 because that’s not enough electrical power. So I’ll just take the 26.2 as symbolic of marathons in general, full or half! :D:p

Good morning Cheetahs!

Wendy - I'm surprised at your will power to resist CLX. I didn't start right away when I got it but it was within 2 weeks time. At least, you didn't mind DH going some where else to watch the game. Good workout yesterday. You're funny with the workouts girl! As long as it works for you is all that matters though. :)

Brighton - Thanks re my friend. Did I mention that I taped the Yoga workout off PBS? It comes on here on Saturday morning at 7:30. The instructor is Adrienne Reed. Hope the foot and knee cooperated today.

Carole - Can you believe I watched most of the SB game except for about the last 5 minutes. Think that was the most exciting part. Missed a few of the commercials but there were I few I liked. Good job on the 18 miles! We had 65 degrees yesterday. Tomorrow will be a totally different story.

Laughing - Such an early hour to watch the SB game. Hope everyone had fun. Don't think I would get out of bed to watch. Sounds like a good game plan for you. I love using my Garmin in different places just to see where I have run. I have some island runs and runs in other states. I don't have the desire to run a full marathon either. That will take some mighty hard talking. Heck, I'm glad to get through a half. :confused:

Today's workout was Push Circuit #1, 6 Minute Abs and 15 minutes on the EXR. I used my BB loaded to 55 pounds along with 12 pounds in my vest for the LB. Used the same weights as Chalene for the UB. Thinking I may increase next week so I can reach absolute failure.

Have a marvelous day!

jumping0002.gif
2.gif
jumping0002.gif
2.gif
jumping0002.gif
2.gif
jumping0002.gif

Happy Monday, everyone!!!

Since Cathy isn't here, just thought I'd add a little Monday cheer to the den... I'm a Monday person too. :D Hope everyone is doing well! I was able to do Low Max intervals 1-4 (only one riser... just to be safe) + Jillian Michaels' Shape Up Front. Rolling the ITB, then when DS is at preschool I'm going to try a mile on the TM to see how the running legs are faring. *crossing fingers*

Carole: How was the superbowl party?
My mom is from Arizona, so she was way pumped... even though they lost she was so excited they made it to the big game. WTG on the windy 18 miler!!! :)

Wendy: Awesome circuit yesterday! The Squeezes are on my "must buy next" list. That workout sounds like a lot of fun. I love Imax 2. ITA about needing a break from 24/7 Mommy time. I'm a firm believer in having alone time to regain sanity & be able to relax. I think it makes me more patient and a better mom in general. BTW, we didn't watch the Superbowl either. We enjoy football, but tend to follow college ball more than NFL. Now the NBA... that's another story.
:p (I'm a huge Bulls fan, DH is a huge Jazz fan...)

Laura: ROFLOL about snapping at the kids during low-end lunges!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D Oh man, have I been there!!!!! :D:D:D I'm definitely more patient during some exercises than others. :rolleyes: I'm working on it, though. ITA about setting a good example about fitness to the kids-- they talk about exercising a lot. They have some YogaKids videos that they love to pop in when its icky outside. Wow, you are a trooper getting up in the middle of the night to watch the SB!!! :)

Jackie: It sounds like you are rocking those CLX workouts!!! :) Yeah, I think I've seen those Yoga shows on the tv schedule before -- I'll have to check it out and set the DVR.

Well, off to get the kids' snack ready, then tackling the rest of the day!
All the best!

Hi to all who follow!

Hi Girls.

Fly by for right now to report my work outs since I just finished it! :)

GS BS&B timesaver going HEAVY...YEOWCH! Gotta love it! :D
BBC B&S abs: Standing abs, Core on the floor and Abs burn out! :D

I stand to be pretty sore tomorrow...we'll see what happens!

Gotta pick DS up from school now but I'll be back later!

Well, back from the gym... the TM test run went pretty well, all things considered. I can still feel a little knee tweakage from the fall, but I rolled the ITB a bunch prior, stretched, & then used a compression band during the run. I went 1.6 miles, 1 mile of which was running at a very easy pace (5.5 mph). I felt kind of pathetic being excited about such a short distance, but oh well. There was a time that I couldn't even run that distance without stopping a few years ago, so I shouldn't complain. At any rate, the run went fine. I'm a little achy, but there isn't any of that "oh-my-gosh-I-can't-get-down-the-stairs" knee pain. Small victories. :rolleyes:

So, now I'm icing it and will do more rolling/stretching later and I guess we'll see how it feels in the morning. One day at a time, right?

Wendy: Killer workout today!!! :D

Ok, now it's hurting again. :mad:

Looks like another week off running, step, and cycling... and I just read that squats & deadlifts can irritate it, so I'm going to be safe & avoid those as well.
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!
Oh well, at least I can get a little pool time in now right? :rolleyes:

I'm icing 3x a day, rolling 2x a day (before & after workouts), and stretching.
Any other suggestions?

Hi Girls.

Brighton: Sorry you are hurting again after your test run. :( Hope you can nip this thing in the butt soon! Injuries just suck! (((HUGS))) If I didn't get my "time" I would go bonkers. I get up early every morning just to get some of that "time" in before DS (and DH for that matter) get up and start wanting me for something! :p

Jackie: So how'd ya like Push? I know you were looking forward to it. Hey, I do what I gotta do to get through my work outs/rotations. Getting creative really helps me keep at it. I am sure I'll be finding SOME way to make CLX a little more interesting when I start getting tired of the same old same old. :D I am only waiting to start CLX because this rotation really seems to be working for me. It's spurring me on....:)

Laura: Oooooh, you are going to be starting your first X rotation in March!? How cool! I did the X back in January of 07 and got great results! If you stick with it I think you'll be pleased. I have vowed to myself that I will complete another full X rotation this year! I am definately doing CLX first though! My DH has recently started the X...AGAIN...this is his third attempt at it! He can't get past the 4 to 6 week mark! In his defense, it's not his fault. Seems every time he gets himself into an exercise program his job calls big o/t and there goes the work outs! GRRR.

All caught up. Den membership seems to have shrunk my quite a bit. Not many "regulars" around these days. :( Ah well, things happen, people get busy, right?

I am enjoying a glass of red wine right now...YUM! :)

Have a great night!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.