* * *GDMT-Macho Monday* * *

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning GMT

Today was Core Synergistics. I saw some improvement from last time which was nice.

Core Synergistics
Stacked Ft/Stacked Hand pushups: 49
Leaning crescent lunges: 5#
Squat run: 5#
Sphinx pushups: 15
Lunge & Reach – 10#
Prison Cell pushups: 11
Side Hip Raises: 20 each side
Squat X-Press - 8#
Plank to Chaturanga Run: full minute
Lunge/Kickback/Curl/Press - 8#
Towel Hopping: full minute
Reach hi and under pushups: 8
Steam engine:50
Dreya Roll - lost count at 13
Plank to Chaturanga ISO - held full minute
Table Dip Leg Raise - 40

I dropped some weights so I could really concentrate on form. I think I will be doing Pilates tomorrow.

I am off for MLK day, I will be hanging with the kids:)

Hope you all have a great day!
BBL,
Deanie

Good Morning DMT!

Today was 3 mile walk with friends and then Body Max 1 cardio only. HRM said I burned 420 with BM1 and 100 with the walk? I ended up running 3 miles with DH yesterday.
I also have today off and plan to do CleanMax the House, lunch with friends and dentist appt.

Last night on the Disney Channel they had a documentary on a local production of High School Muscical. Actually, it was students from the HS that me ds went to. One of the girls in the show was in my pre-school class SEVERAL years ago. It was so fun to see her perform!

Deanie--Great job with the Core Syn. I'm going to try that one again next month. It has been a while. Thank for the sweet comment yesterday. I had gained a few lbs over the holidays and just feel better when I can get down to the low 120's.

Marcy-- I know that you and Deanie probably already eat like the BFL suggests! You guys are such wonderful role models for good health. Were you able to sleep okay last night? I got up at 3am for some reason and never went back to sleep. Oh well.

Hi Tracee!:)

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Good Afternoon DGT!

This is the first time I'm on the computer today. I woke up at 4:30 (couldn't go back to sleep) but was too tired to work out. I cleaned a little and vegged out until about 10:00 when I finally had enough energy to do Budokon: Strength & Balance. This didn't have as many balance moves as I thought it would but I still liked it. It was the first time I ever tried Side Crane Pose. I held it for about 2 seconds on the left side. That is one pose that will take a little while. I've now done all the Budokons and I thought they were all really good. I like the fact that they're only 50 mins. so I can fit in abs or something else if I want to. I also did Element Ballet Conditioning (my 2nd time doing it). This is a great workout but I'm definitely out of shape in the ballet department. I burned about 445 calories for both workouts.

I managed to do Legs & Back yesterday. My HR seemed really high with this workout. Maybe because it was after a rest day? I burned 400 calories, which I think is the highest I burned with this workout. I tried to go deeper with lunges and I definitely felt it more.

Deanie - 49 Stacked foot/hand pushups! Very impressive!:)

Gin - That must have been nice to see your student all grown up! Thanks for the compliment but I don't think I'm the best role model for good health. I cheat a little too often for that although I do try to be good. I still got up last night but slept a little better. I take one pill before bed and if I wake up, I take one more pill. I'd feel better in the low 120s too. My weight has really been fluctuating a lot this month. Maybe because of lack of sleep. So far I've eaten okay today: Fiber One Bar, 1/2 Cup of Blueberries and an egg white omelet with tomatos, onion and green pepper with whole wheat toast and spray butter.

Hi Tracee!

Marcy

Good Afternoon

The kids ran out with their friends and are playing football down the street. I am bored!!!x(

Gin~ I like that you and your DH run together. We used to do that when we first started dating. Now DH only works out on his spinning bike. My DS11 made a bet with my DH: in the superbowl: if the Patriots win my DH has to do a P90X workout with me. If the Giants win, myDS has to wash the car!!:eek: Personally I am now torn: I was going to cheer for the Giants (being from Jersey) but I would like to workout with my DH. Not sure he could do the X, he only spins 2 or 3 days a week.....That's cool you saw your student on tv, you must have been teaching along time.:)

Marcy~ Bummer you were up so early on your day off! I hope you get a better nights sleep tonight! Your workouts yesterday sound interesting. I am thinking of getting the plate mates; then I wouldn't have to hold both the db and the walking hands 2# weight when I want to go up 2#. Have you done/previewed all your X+ dvds? Are you going to sub the X+ abs for ARX next week?

Have a good day, Off to find a book to read. I tried Bridge of Sighs, by Richard Russo (Empire falls- really liked that book) Not enjoying Bridge of Sighs.

Deanie

Good Afternoon!

Marcy--If I am picturing side crane pose correctly, that is one tough pose and I am so very impressed with you!:p WTG with that! You and Deanie both have such amazing upper body strength!

Deanie--DH and I run together very seldom. I prefer to go early in the morning and he is more of an aft or evening exerciser. Also, he works out about twice a week so it seems as if he always starting over, but certainly better than nothing!
I am curious now to find out if the Patriots win, if your DH will be able to do the p90x workout with you!}(
I have been teaching for 16 years. So my very first class are college sophomores.
Sorry you aren't enjoying your book. It's a good day to read here....cold and dreary.:p

Gin:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.