*-*-*BFL, Monday 5/26*-*-*

Good morning Connie and everyone else!

Hope you all enjoy your Memorial Day. We're getting ready to head off to a parade that the kids are in.

BBL!

Good morning, BFLers!

I had a bit of a reality check and slap in the face this morning from that nasty thing called a scale. I haven't weighed myself since 2 weeks after my hysterectomy, which was almost 3 months ago. I was NOT expecting a miracle, truly I wasn't...but I wasn't prepared for the number to go HIGHER than the post-surgery number. This brings up all kinds of negative thoughts. Sometime after I lost those first 75 pounds (5 years ago) I develop this belief that I can't lose anymore weight. Not that I'm not really committed, though I have my doubts at times, but that there is something really wrong with me and I'm just going to be stuck at 200+ pounds. So the number this morning dug up all those thoughts and feelings again... BUT instead of breaking down into tears or into the potato chips I did something really interesting. Some kind of automatic switch went off in my head and I was lead to WW Points Slider. I figured out the Points for my breakfast, and both my snacks as I packed them this morning. Hmmmm...it was interesting and encouraging to have that kind of reaction.

Of course to complicate matters I had planned 2 of today's meals to be cheats...I've been debating whether or not that's a good idea. Ya know what, I think it is because it's just continuing my plan for the week. I'll keep track of the Points, and use my Weekly "Cheat" Points.

So, it's back to counting Points for me...did you decide to do this too, Amelia?

I've got a couple different motivations working for me right now- first are my 'target' motivators that I figured out using BFL4W and the other big one is being to fit comfortably into a bridesmaid dress in less than 5 weeks. It fit pretty well when I tried it on 3 weeks post-surgery...and I'd REALLY like it to fit better 4 months later.

Thanks for listening, and I'll appreciate any advice, encouragement or insight you might have for me.

I've got my meals planned out, but since I've already written a novella here I'll stop. :p

BBL...enjoy your Memorial Day Monday!

Good Morning girls!

Im not sure what im doing today...i may take a rest day and stay on track with my calories! Then agian,i may do a powerwalk. My kids spent the night at my moms yestereday so im loving my break! Im also thinking about doing some shopping this morning,since i don't have kids right now,LOL. Its SO HARD to shop with them running aroundx(

Connie-Ive decided to count calories instead of WW'er points(so i won't have to carry the slider everywhere with me,LOL). Last week i figured up how many calories was in 28pts(my wwer pt goal)and it was around 1800,so thats what im aiming for this week! And on days that I don't workout i will eat around 1500. Today is a new day for me,lets make a new day together? I was great yesterday,until supper so im not gonna think about it...just move forward with today!

I also wanted to send you a cyber hug because i KNOW how hard it is to be a fast food addict and not get to eat any:-(( except for the occasional cheat}()! Growing up,both of my parents worked so fast food was just easier for my mom to bring home....so i guess you could say i grew up on it! Don't worry about your wedding dress,you will look amazing in it!!!! Just get back on track and before you know it-you've been on track for days...and it gets easier to say no to those bad foods!

After a bad eating day,or unscheduled cheat I wake up the next morning with the same motivation,positive outlook and determination that i started with...now as long as we possess these feeling then we WILL be successful. Im always trying to figure out where i went wrong on my last cheat or binge and then i realize im HUMAN...im not a machine? The 'on-my-diet-light' can't be 'on' forever? And i have also learned to go easy on myself! thats hard to overcome too,the guilt after a cheat.

I thank the lord that i love to workout...and i have the desire to be healthy...WE WILL GET THERE,we just can't give up:) (I don't think 'give up' is in our vocabulary;-))

OK,sorry for the novel;-)

sherry-How exciting to watch your kids in a parade!! Have fun!!

Hey to everybody that follows!

Good morning, ladies! I loved reading your posts so far this morning. Enlightening and motivational too!

Sherry-enjoy the parade.

Connie-we all have our "motivation moments" and we need to somehow keep reminding ourselves what those moments are. I had one last night (I'll explain below).

Amelia-enjoy your (rest?) day.

OK.....I didn't check in at all yesterday, did I? lol We got in really late Saturday night from SO's house. We were teaching the kids how to play Texas Hold 'Em Poker and we got home at 1am. So the boys and I slept till 9am. Then I went right outsidefor yard work. I ended up doing a pretty big project. Then last night we all went to the minor league baseball game and played more cards! lol Today is filled with RELAXATION!!! LOL

I just got done with my workout. It was TM, shoulder/leg compound exercises, then TM again.

Here are my MOTIVATION MOMENTS!

My older DS has a classmate, whose middle school brother has Leukemia. Our community has been doing fundraisers and support events for the whole family for months now, and last night the family was at the game, including the Patrick (the boy who's dealing with this disease). I kept looking at him and seeing my DH. Something about Patrick's hat covering his bald head, his skin tone (quite pale), his whole manner. Something about this boy just kept reminding me of Jeff (DH). And this kid was SMILING! He was enjoying the game with his parents and his girlfriend. He was surrounded with our big group (we went as a group with the baseball team), and he even caught one of those foam, plushy balls they shoot into the crowd with those sling shots! LOL. ANd I kept looking over at him and realized (again) that life is too precious for me to waste it on junk food, making my stomach ill, getting bloated, or do otherwise UNHEALTHy stuff to my body. Our body is a gift and it's up to US to decide how we will treat this gift, right?

Motivation Moment #2. My ex-fiance called me earlier this week and we chatted. He's headed to Bagdad (sp?) in 3 weeks for a year-long tour deployment for the Army. It's dangerous. It's confidential. And it worries me for his kids that he may be harmed in some way. LIFE IS TOO PRECIOUS!

So, there are my motivation moments and THAT's what got me out of bed this morning and kick some tush (quite literally).

NOW.....off to chug my protein shake with L-glutamine and get a shower. Kids are finally up. We're cooking out today at my house, so I may or may not be on the PC to chat it up with you all

ENJOY YOUR DAY!

Morning!
Connie – You're doing great…picking yourself up and dusting off is the key. Don’t let the scale dictate your mood, you’ve been feeling good doing BFL and seeing progress. That’s all that counts!

Sherry – Enjoy the parade!

Amelia – It sounds like you have a very good plan! I’ve never done WW before, if you or Connie ever get a chance maybe you can explain it to me. :)

Gayle – Wow, the young boy sounds like such a fighter! It really is true, we take our everyday blessings (like good health) for granted sometimes. At times I get down on myself about not being able to run as fast as I did prior to surgery, then someone *slaps* me back into reality and I realize that I’m just lucky to be running….period. ;) Enjoy your cookout!

Well, I worked outside in the yard all day yesterday. I edged the entire lawn manually (shovel like contraption that has a straight blade). It was quite the workout for my legs and core though, I had to *dig* this thing between the sidewalk and lawn. My right knee has this huge bruise where I was hitting the handle sometimes. Yikes! I was outside until 9:00 pm (DH calls me a die-hard because I hate to leave it unfinished). Anyway, today I’m heading outside to put a border around the mulch areas and refill before it gets too hot. Oh, and I put some nice planters on the porch and the colors are so pretty! I tell ya, I’m SO dang proud of my yard….it looks beautiful (at least to me, lol).

I did get a great workout in this morning though. I tried out Mindy Mylrea’s Med Ball Madness and its AWESOME! Love the drills and core work in this one. It’s everything I wanted someone to do with a med ball workout….it has cardio, drills, standing abs, and supine/prone ab exercises. After that I ran 6 miles on my treadmill using a combo of CCV5 and the first challenge of CCV2 Rev. (time 1:06:52 – pace 11:08). I felt GREAT when I was finished. :)

Now I have to re-arrange my long run schedule since I missed yesterday’s run. It’s not a biggie yet, I’m still early in my 50k training.

Have a super holiday everyone!

Kathy

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

Wow, great post Gayle! Puts everything in perpective...

This morning I woke up, popped a Banana Applesauce Bread in the oven, went downstairs & cranked out CC#1. There is something really special about these workouts. I can't get enough. My body always wants to stop before the optional challenge 3. But before I know it, I'm right in the middle and LOVING IT! Came back upstairs and took my bread out of the oven, took a shower and had a slice with a coffee/vanilla protein shake.

Today has been really fantastic. I spent about an hour or so just sitting on the front porch in my new rocking chair just soaking up the sun (sunscreen on, of course..;) ) and just feeling content. We are about to head out to my parents house to celebrate 3 May birthdays: my brother's, my sil's and mine! Mine isn't until Friday though so I get to have my party a little early.

Oh, and saving the best for last.....MY BOSS GAVE ME TOMORROW OFF!!:7

Hello to you all,

Sherry: How was the parade with your children in it? They must have been very excited! What did they do in the parade?

Stephanie: I hope that you enjoyed your relaxing day.

Amelia: Have a great free day!

Colleen: You are doing great and keep it up! The first couple of weeks when I first started lifting heavy weights I also gained a couple pounds. But muscle does weigh more than fat right? :)

Gayle: Way to go on putting things in perspective!

Melissa: Enjoy your new deck chair! What a beautiful day it turned out to be! I have been in and out of the house playing basketball with my DS. Not much else going on workout wise today.Have a great day off tomorrow as well. Do you have any plans?

Kathy: Great job on your CC workouts this morning! What a workout that yard work is huh? I too get a little carried away. I just can't stop once I get going. :p

Well...tomorrow is the day I am suppose to be picking up the car. Not sure what time so I might not get to the computer until later in the afternoon. I hope you all have a great workout and day!

Oh..meals that I will be making this week from the new Clean Eating Magazine:
PG 50: Mediteranean Caesar Salad
PG 49: BQ Shrimp & Sugar Snap Pasta Salad
PG 47: Garlicky Spinach & Ricotta Dip
PG 75: Shiitake Stir-Fry
PG 77: Quinoa & Vegetable Saute'
I guess since it is summer...I am sticking to veggie type meals and less red meat. The mocktails look delish as well!:9

Take Care:
Heidi:7

gayle,

popping in to ask you what your trained has told you about L-glutamine? I started using it a week ago just because I read greeat things about it but didnt know if I would really get anything from it. thanks

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.