-*-*-*_Kettlebellers Thursday_*-*-*-

Today is a rest day for me - and boy, do I need it! I am sooooooooo tired; last night was another sleepless night, and as soon as I feel asleep DH woke me up to kiss me good-bye. :mad: I love him, I really do, but DANG IT!!!

Yesterday I ended up doing a leg workout last night instead of cardio.

A good day to all who follow!

Missy

Hi Missy and Everyone!!

I didn't run yesterday. It was dark and thundering when I got to my mom's house so I decide not to run. Of course it didn't even rain. :mad: I hate when that happens. I was tired anyway and sneezing like crazy so I decided to call it a day.

Tonight's Workout
4 Tabata Double Arm Kettlebell Push Press
50 Push Ups
4 Tabata Box Jumps
50 Kettlebell Swings
4 Tabata Jump Rope
50 Ball Slams
4 Tabata Squats
50 Jumping Pull ups or Double Armed Kettlebell back rows
4 Tabata Walking Lunges
400 Meter Run

Today I'm getting my trophy from my 3rd place finish from a race I did in the beginning of May. I couldn't stay for the awards ceremony so my friend accepted it for me. I can't wait to get it. This is my first trophy. The rest has been all medals (and a hat).

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Good Morning Everyone!

Today I did the Posture 2 segment of Classical Stretch and the 1st 3 sections of Extreme KB cardio. Yesterday I had DOMG- dang oh my gosh from doing extreme the day before.

Missy- I live in a suburb of Dallas. No beaches just lakes. It is not the same and beaches are not for tourists. We used to just go and hang out, cook out, etc.

Jane- Have a good workout this evening and congrats on your medal.

Gayle- Thanks. Maybe I will incorporate them this summer. How many days a week do you do them? Isn't there a link that used to help you get started?

Marcy- Thanks. I have DH on ebay watch for the Core Mix dvd's.

Deanie- I plan on doing some day trips to different places. I have to see how I can stretch my money out.

Waves to Andilynn.

Good morning!

Rhonda - I used a program by Rachel Cosgrove (or her husband) this go-around for my deadlifts. Here's a link to it: http://figureathlete.tmuscle.com/ar...the_dead_improve_your_deadlift_in_7_weeks&cr=

Her program has you lift 2 days a week. One day is designed to get you heavy, and the second day is lighter. Rippetoe has written more than once that it's a good idea to start conservatively with your weight on these, since good form is so crucial, so that's the route I took and I think it made all the difference.

Currently, I probably DL once a week (5x5) and try to go heavy with it. This week was a bit of an exception since it was part of a WOD with many reps.

Jane - Congrats on your trophy! We have rain predicted for most of the next week...blech. Are you doing 4 Tabata rounds for those exercises tonight?

Missy - Have a good rest day, and I hope you get a good night's sleep.

Deanie - Thanks for the compliments *blush*. I know when I started doing DLs a lot, that I was feeling it a lot in my core (in a good way). More than I expected to. I like the box jump/jump rope couplet you came with today.

Marcy - Good job with your running yesterday! I know how hard it is to get going with that.

Hi Andilynn!

I'm at the gym tonight. I'm going to try a scaled version of the first 2 WODs from the Northeast regional Crossfit qualifiers last weekend, posted on CF 603. http://www.crossfit603.com/2009/05/road-to-the-games/

WOD 1
As many rounds as possible in 12 minutes:
5 thrusters @ 65lbs
10 burpees

Recover briefly, then
WOD 2
Row 2k for time (I'll sub a 1 mile run, since I don't have a rower)

Should be fun.

Gayle ~ Yes, I am doing 4 Tabata rounds. It's been rainy here for most of the last week. We need the rain but a break would be nice.

Good Afternoon!

I did Patrick Goudeau's Hard Work Conditioning this morning. Great workout! Pretty much everything is compound/combination moves with balance involved. It seemed easier than the last time I did it although I didn't check back to see what weights I used. Although the plank jacks off the step were still as tough as I remembered them. He does 2 sets of 16. Only missed the last 4 on the first side. Did the first 16 on the second side and then DH walked in and said it sounded like the ceiling was going to cave in and I was tired anyway, so I stopped.

Some of the moves were:
Alternating bicep curls with 1 leg on step and 1 off
Curtsey lunge with military press
Reverse lunge with straight arm going forward, back, forward and punch with other arm
Reverse lunge 3x with 2 back leg extensions and tricep extensions
Forward lunge with bicep curl
Fast feet shuffles and tap step and jumping jack
side lunge onto step and come back to balance on one leg
Forward kicks with straight leg
Jump shots onto step
Pushup holding dumbbells, go into swim position, come back to dumbbells and do pushup
Lying military press on step with 1 leg bent and other straight
Bent leg jacknifes on step
Overhead crunches (straight leg overhead and then bend knees coming in)
Renegade rows
Turning squats
Elbow out open rows
rows in warrior 3 position
tricep kickback on all fours (and with opposite arm and leg extension)
burpees
pendulum leg with arm raised overhead
Alternating lunges
Bicep curls in plie squat (elbows resting on thighs with fingers open - really felt this one)
Windmills - but I didn't get time to do these.

His HWC2 is on my wish list and is supposed to be harder.

Missy - I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight.

Jane - Congratulations on getting your trophy!

Farmer - I got my Core Rhythms Club Mix on ebay from feitan8001. All 4 DVDs were only $19.90 with free shipping. She has 3 sets for sale at the moment. Shipping took a little long (about 10 days) but $19.90 was a great price so it was worth the wait.

Gayle - Thanks! I definitely feel my endurance is improving. I hope you have a great workout tonight!

Waves to Deanie & Andilynn!

Marcy

Deanie -

wow what a busy day

Good afternoon

Very busy this morning/afternoon!! I posted on my blog and then had to start my day. ..DS got 3 awards from his school today:):) very proud!!

Here's my workout today:
warm up:::
from Providence

workout:::
25 box jumps, 1 minute rope, 100 jumprope
20 box jumps, 1 minute rope, 101 jumprope
15 box jumps, 1 minute rope, 102 jumprope
10 box jumps, 1 minute rope, 103 jumprope
5 box jumps, 1 minute rope, 104 jumprope

cash out:::
hold plank for 2:00

The workout itself was good and I would definitely do it again. But thhis morning I had a hard time getting started. I usually workout alone and I like it like that, but this morning with having to get out early DH worked out at the same time and that was hard for me!:confused:

Missy::: enjoy your rest day and I hope you get some sleep tonight!

Rhonda::: I hear you with the day trips! I actually like that. they are fun and you get to sleep in your own bed!

Jane::: great workout today. I love tabatas!! Enjoy your trophy!

Gayle::: I like your workout. Have fun!:)

Marcy::: fun workout! your so good about being versatile in your workouts.

waves to Andilynn!!!

Hoping to hear some news this weekend about STS cardio!! I am really interested in the MMA and HIIT!!

have a good one everyone!!

eta: MIssy, just read earlier on AOS forums Anthony recommended doing SIM for a week and then resolution for a week. I may try that. Resolution is a downloadable workout from AOS that is recommended as a good compliment to SIM. Apparently SIM is very metabolic and resolution is for strength....

Last edited:
Deanie - Sounds like an intense workout! Don't mean to sound dense, but what is the difference between 1 min. rope and jump rope?

Marcy

Marcy::: it was intense!!:p the ropes are my 40'ropes wrapped around a pole in my basement, jump rope was a regular light weight jumprope. I am not a big cardio fan (which you know;):)) but this kind of cardio I really like!!

Hi everybody! Whew it's been a busy week for me but I've kept up on my STS!

Monday- Rest day of course and I went to the movies and Star Trek was great! I recommend it to everybody I see, I really enjoyed it!

Tuesday- STS Mesocycle 2 Week 3 shoulders, biceps and triceps

Wednesday- Cardio, Imax 3 and medicine ball abs from STS

Thursday- Tonite was Sts Meso #2 Week 3 legs, Man! My legs are jello, those sit n stands really fry me! I've been using a barbell for the squats instead of the dumbells, I just can't get comfortable with holding heavy dumbells for these, it kills my hands:( I really enjoy the leg workouts with STS, they fly by and burn you good!

Waves to all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.