* * * Yea! It's Friday MELTERS! * * *

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning,

It's Finally Friday! I am not working today, so I have not done any workout yet. I will be having some coffee, then will do one of my new I-Treads, after DH leaves. I have 8 more days of vacation left, supposedly to be used before June 1. That isn't going to happen! I will use 3 of them, then carry over the other 5. So next vacation year ( Starts June 1) I will have 6 weeks to use.

BB in a bit, after coffee is poured!:*

Deb

Hey Deb, I'd be happy to take some of that vacation time off your hands. I never seem to have enough. I fritter a lot away by taking off an hour here or there if it's slow. I left an hour early yesterday.

Leanne, DH and DD are both officially done now. That should mean I'm done with housework for the summer. Years ago, when I wanted to hire a cleaning woman, DH said he would do all the housework during the summer. The only trouble with that, besides the fact that he is the King of Procrastinationland, is that, like most men, he just doesn't SEE the mess. I think clutter is his middle name. Oh well, I guess I should be happy he cleans the toilets!

Yesterday I did Shannon's suggested GS C&T timesaver and 4DS HIS. So what do I do today? Shannon?

Anyone doing anything exciting this weekend? Jennifer, when do you go to the long, many lettered place? DH will be tied up with graduation ceremonies and presenting awards tonight and tomorrow afternoon. DD is going to graduation to watch some friends walk. I may finally get some yard work done. He invited Jay's parents over for burgers Saturday, but we don't know if they will make it. I guess Jay's grandmother is dying of lung cancer. If Sunday is nice, I told DH I'd love to go for a hike after church. I'll be back later to check on the rest of you.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH BABY!! It's Friday. It's summer hours. It's a long weekend. YEEHAW!!!

Deb - six weeks? That's fabulous! I get three, then we are closed for a week at Christmas, so I guess technically I get four. I tend to hoard mine. Having summer hours is nice because it's *almost* like having a long weekend every weekend from May until our Thanksgiving, which is the second weekend of October.

Robin - I totally agree that men don't see the mess. Chris could step over piles of stuff every day. I won't even tell you about the state his house was in when I moved in with him:p Yardwork sounds wonderful. I'm hoping to do some of that this weekend.

So, today is work until 1, then some errands, and chores. Tomorrow, more chores, then I'm getting my hair cut and maybe some shopping. I want to do some scrapbooking this weekend because I've been lax wtih that lately. Sunday looks to be our only nice day, so I'm going to get outside. Monday... not sure yet.

I disturbed a raccoon at our pond this morning. I think he was fishing for snails:)

Hi,

I am sure I will be posting the same time as Robin and Shelly! I am getting so excited about getting our new puppy. Three weeks from today we will be in Illinois picking him up! We have been communicating with the breeder almost every day. Last night she send a list of instructions about what to bring with us etc, and what we will need to do once we get him home. Mostly basic stuff, but she is so caring and responsible. You can tell that she wants to make sure these little ones that she has "raised" will be getting good care once they leave her home.

Jennifer:
You sound like you are pretty excited too about your holiday!

Shannon:
I hear you on the meetings..yuk!

Kara:
Did you have the day off yesterday? Thanks again for the I-Train promo. I may do the abs one from the P90X+ DVD I got. I think it is on the upper body DVD.. at least it better be because that is part of the reason why I got that one. Did you get back to the painting?

Tneah:
We need to "chat" about the Upper Body one when you get the new P90x+ workouts! I previewed it but have not tried it yet..It looks really hard }( Where do you do 400 walking lunges? I would be taking 2 steps and turning around in my workout area! I like Shannon's idea of subbing Low Max for your step workout! How did George make out yesterday? Was he happy to be home? I too love Jimmy S! Yummy!

Shelly:
Cudos to you for a new PR! First day to get out early...Yea!Look what you started last night with the quotes! The only thing I remember from a MP movie is a bunch of men using coconuts to make horse clopping sounds.. this is a test: What movie was that?

Robin:
Love the pictue of the robin! So are you saying that our hot flashes are also "moments of genius? The next time I have a problem, I will wait until a hot flash and try to figure it out! LOL.:D I wish I could see that dead parrot skit! It must be pretty funny, if everyone memorized the lines!

Lainie:
Another MP fan! How was Ewan last night? did he go to bed early? Did DH take Isaac to his t-ball game? The workers may be a pain now , but just think of how nice it will be when it is done!

Have a great day!

Deb

OMG! Those puppies are so sweet, they could cause cavities! Do you have a name picked out, or will you wait to meet him face to furry face?

Hello Melters.

Thank GOD, it's Friday. I wish I had Shelley's hours for the summer. How sweet, a long weekend!!

Those puppies are too cute. Yesterday, I seen a french bulldog named Sophie. The owner has cats and is slowing acclamating them together.

For the weekend, groceries tonight. Sat, workout and colour hair and then go back to where I was last weekend. More details later on that.

Schipschewana is mainly where I go for Labour Day not Memorial Day.
My friend and I normally go to Alma College for the Highland Festival for food, beer tent, cute guys in skirts, Scottish band competition, etc.. But, she has a wedding in Chicago next weekend.

It's sunny here but cold. Rain later throughout the weekend, makes yard work difficult.

Have a Great Friday!!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!

Oh man, I can't even begin to express how glad I am it's finally here. Now I just have to survive the day, and then ahhhh, Saturday morning will be mine.

At this point, it appears that I may have a normal workday. Keep your fingers crossed. Last night was a rest day for me. Today will be PLB, I hope. My hip flexor is pretty sore for some stupid reason and hurts clear down into my quad. Maybe it'll go away.

Deb - oh my, those puppies are cute! They look so snuggly! Six weeks of vacation, huh? I hope you plan to enjoy it!

Robin - you need to leave DH a list so he knows how a house really should be cleaned. So, you want to know what workout to do today, huh? Beats me. What have you done already this week? Have you done lower body? You could join me in PLB. Weekend plans... well, the family will be celebrating my niece's very first birthday! OMG, those snails look disgusting. Do you REALLY eat them??? :eek:

Shelley - ahhh, summer hours. I envy you so much. My parents trapped a huge raccoon the other night. Apparently they have a family of them who are robbing the bird feeders. They've caught three so far. This last one was big and mean - Dad had a hard time releasing him from the trap without getting hurt! Don't worry - it's a humane cage trap, where they go in and the door drops shut.

Hi Shannon!

I know all about those traps.. we had to use one for one of the squirrels that got in our house....yes I did say "one of them"...bats & squirrels are our speciality!

Deb

Deb - in answer to your trivia question, that's from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, which is a lot of what we were quoting yesterday.

Busy already, but hope to get back!

Hey All!

Okay posting genius Shelley, how do you post those cute little smiley things? I went to planetsmilies.net and tried, but just the email address would come up?
So happy about your summer hours!:7 Fabulous! Now, you can take some of our already in the triple digits summer weather. It will be 103 degrees starting tomorrow.;( Ick. Oh well, its the desert, whatta ya gonna do?Are you spending time with Sophie this weekend? I am lucky, my DH empties the dishwasher and makes the bed, the two more irritating chores!

Deb, puppy loves!:) I want a new puppy! Georgie was pretty out of it yesterday when I brought him home, I will be worried if he still is today...I always worry about that gas they use to put them out. Oh, I received my P90 new workouts yesterday. I might do the kenpox this morning and save the walking lunges til later on. I just go out in the yard and do the lunges, I do not have the room in my house either.:) Will let you know about the upper body.

Shannon, whats happening with that hip flexor? Mine get super tight, I am always stretching them out...it hurts right down the front right? I know I will not see you around much this weekend, so have a great one!
You guys and your wildlife!
:) I love racoons, they are so cute, but know they can be quite the pests.

Robin, Why not join Shannon and do PLB today? Sounds like you worked your upper pretty much yesterday right? Or just do cardio and abs? I love your pictures, and fully intend to take advantage of this new found "toy" as much as possible!}(

Jennifer, boys in kilts huh? It would be fun to sneak up on them and "flip their kilts" up in front. :) Always wondered what was happening underneath there? Boxers or briefs? Commando?:7

Like I told Deb, might have to do the new KenpoX workout this morning. Cathe's rotation today is the following: 400 walking lunges, 200 jumping jacks, 400 crunches from all angles, 4 sets of 25 triceps dips, 8 sets of 8 pushups and a brisk 5 minute walk.}( Crazzzy Cathe...I will do it later on today, I might not make the 400 lunges if my hip "doth protest too much"....200 I can do, 400? Hum.:)

BBL to see if Shelley saw my question about posting those cute little smiley's, or does anyone else know how to do it?:7 Hi to Lainie, Leanne and Kara.

Oh see? The smiley came up--yes, he is doing the "nunchucks", have I ever told you guys I learned to use them? I am not super fast like Bruce Lee, and frequently conk myself on the head with them...but the web address is still there? How to get rid of it?

Hey ladies,

Oh, what fun all those photos are this morning! Deb, those puppies are SOOOO cute! I want one, too!;-)

I'm dragging today since I didn't get home from the play with the students last night until midnight and only got five hours of sleep. Now I have to get some work done so I can get into work and take care of things for our big grading session today that I have to run. I don't have time to do personals :( since I have to get going, but I'll check back tomorrow to see how you lovely ladies are all doing and to get caught up on what I missed yesterday.

Oh -- but before I forget, I was reading the new issue of Fitness magazine (did you know that Cathe . . . ;-) ) and I noticed an ad for Sovage Tummy Flattening Gel . . . which said at the top that it written by our very own superstar Tiffany Strobel!! OMG! Tneah, that is so awesome!!!!

Hope you all have wonderful Fridays! It sounds like the Silly Summer Friday Mood is upon us!:p

Tneah - well, you did ask....

Ah, the hip flexor. I'm not exactly sure. I think that it doesn't like it when I do a lot of deep squatting. I notice it the most when I have a loaded barbell and am trying to get up and down from my step/bench, like when I get down there for bench presses. That's when it really seems to misbehave. Unfortunately, it wasn't happy with me after Wednesday's Cardio Coach workout, either. ;( ;( I'll need to experiment and see if it's the sprints or the hills that bother it the most. I'm seriously hoping it's the sprints. :p God, I hate those things.

Girl, that workout sounds crazy! I hope you enjooooy it! And that photo is a hoot!

Leanne - I hope you can get caught up on your sleep this weekend!

Aw shucks, it ain't nothin'...really it isn't! ;) I sometimes help DH and his copywriters write our ads, the ones you see with my name, I have contributed by adding my own thoughts and changing sentences, etc...so DH uses my name on alot of them.;)

Good to see you Leanne! Shannon, sounds like you have strained it after the way you describe the movements that make your hip flexor hurt. Mine just hurts when I do lunges and when I stretch it.Get one of those foam roller things, aka "the pillar of pain" and lay on it belly down, now roll over the hip flexor area...this helps mine a little. Oh and do your IT band too, I cannot bear rolling over my own IT band, I manually roll it down the side of my leg so I can control the pressure.}(

OK. Downed the protein and off to see what Tony H is up to in this new Kenpo workout!:7

Shannon, darn, I was hoping you would become my personal trainer after yesterday's inspired suggestion. I'm saving legs for Saturday, so today will probably be something cardio. Do you remember me saying I was going to cut back on the cardio and see what happens? Wonder what happened to that idea. Oh, and I can't leave DH a list. He once had a boss who he admired very much tell him not to let me "start." DH took that to mean not to let me start making honey-do lists. Anythink written on a list immediately gets ignored.

Tneah, LOL at the kilt picture. Have you ever heard the song about what a Scotsman wears beneath his kilt? It's a riot:

Well, a Scotsman clad in kilt left the bar one evening fair
And one could tell by how he walked that he'd drunk more than his share
He fumbled 'round until he could no longer keep his feet
And he stumbled off into the grass to sleep beside the street
Ring-ding-diddle-liddle-I-de-o, ring-di-diddley-I-o
Oh, he stumbled off into the grass to sleep beside the street

About that time two young and lovely girls just happened by
One says to the other with a twinkle in her eye
See yon sleeping Scotsman so strong and handsome built
I wonder if it's true what they don't wear beneath the kilt...

They crept up on that sleeping Scotsman quiet as could be
Lifted up his kilt about an inch so they could see
And there behold for them to view beneath his Scottish skirt
Was nothing more than God had graced him with upon his birth...

They marveled for a moment then one said we must be gone
Let's leave a present for our friend before we move along
As a gift they left a blue silk ribbon tied into a bow
Around the bonnie star the Scots kilt did lift and show...

Now the Scotsman woke to nature's call and stumbled towards the trees
Behind the bush he lifts his kilt and gawks at what he sees
And in a startled voice he says to what's before his eyes
Oh, lad I don't know where you've been but I see you won first prize...

Leanne, have fun with the grading. The end is in sight. I'll have to go dig my Fitness magazine out of the office. Tneah, will you autograph it?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.