.*.*.*. squeaky clean manic monday .*.*.*.

CollinsMom

Cathlete
Happy Monday! Another week! Who is as excited as me?!?

STS 16 today -- I need to wake up Chris for a spot. bbiab.....

Morning Katie! We posted at the same time but I directed people to your thread from mine since nobody else had responded yet.

Just finished SJP. LOVE LOVE LOVE that WO! It's a sweaty mess and I just love it.

Gotta shower and pick up Ellie.

bbiab

Good morning!

Still glowing after yesterday's win. Maybe I'll celebrate with a preorder? I posted really late last night, for anyone that's interested. Today is cardio and abs. I'll workout at naptime. Other than that it's cleanmax.

Katie, good luck with STS 16. I might start splitting up the body parts even more-one/day.

Angie, nice job! Thanks for the well wishes-at least one Big Ten team made it!

bbiab...

Oops!:eek: Sorry Angie! I'm always worried I'm gonna do that when I start the thread.

Whew, that workout was hard! I really struggled with those flat bench presses -- I did NOT get all the reps:( Oh well....

Menu today will be the usual, not sure on dinner... I forgot what I bought at the store!

Katie, no worries... it happens! :) Sorry your WO was tough. I'm continually scared of STS. I don't know if I'll ever get to a place where I "want" it.

Klaudia, I think a preorder is a great way to celebrate! :) Are you actually going to the game next weekend? BTW, where are you seeing people post pics/results of STS?

So, picked up Ellie and put her down for her nap and now I'm getting ready to eat lunch - I'm hungry! It's 2 pm. Leftover pulled pork on ww bread/toast.

Crazy, I know, but I have this weird fear that I'm pregnant. The first sign of pg for me was always swollen boobs (sorry if TMI) and mine have been like that for about a week. I know it's also a sign of PMS (so is everything else related to pg) but I don't usually have that from month to month. It would be a miracle if I am (Ryan had the big "V" about a year ago) but sometimes I still wonder... I'm not keeping close enough track of my cycle... I need to do that so I don't freak out.

Ok, back to lunch.

Morning to everyone else!

Morning ladies

Katie dont worry about all the reps as long as you had good form. STS is getting hard.

Angie SJP is a little harder than it looks. Maybe you should get a preggie test.

Klaudia I'll check your post from y-day.

I've been up since 4:00. I couldn't go back to sleep so I did some laundry. Now I'm sleepy but I'm going to do my w/o first STS 22 CST. Push ups to failure :confused:.

bbl

Hey Angie, we were looking for tickets, but I think any we found were super expensive, but I think we'll go somewhere downtown to watch the game at least. Did Ryan ever go back for his follow up visits after his procedure? Darrin went back and they told him to come back after another 25 times cause the little buggers were still there!! Had to laugh at that-told him to tell the docs he'd see them in another year! Would it be bad if you were? There's a results thread in the STS weights forum and I've been lurking in other check-ins, mostly Hardcore and although they might not all be doing STS, they're crazy ripped/cut. I just feel like I'm stuck, no losses in inches, no strength gains, no weight loss, nothing. Sigh.

Robin, sorry about the early morning! You're not kidding about STS getting hard-I about gave up a few times last night!

Klaudia don't be discourage everyone can not gain muscle mass. Just looking at your picture it seem like you have a runner's body with lean muscles and very little body fat. I know that I gain muscle because of genetics. My mom had muscular legs and she never worked out...she was a RN. STS weights is just like STS cardio is not for everyone. I know a lot of cardio will do nothing for me. Maybe you need a break from STS.

Morning Robin, good luck with your WO today. I think I might cry if I had to do push ups to failure! :( I'm pretty sure I'm not late yet so I'll hold out on the test... watch my period come tomorrow!

Klaudia, Ryan did go back for his "test" and they said he was clear but he didn't go back for the second test. If I was pg, we'd be fine. I'd be thrilled to be honest, I always wanted more kids but could never make the conscious decision to do it b/c I HATE pregnancy!!! But, I guarantee God would give me grace to get through it... all this talk and I'm pretty sure I'm not. I just like to psyche myself out every now and again. And, don't get yourself worked up about other people's results. I still feel like I'm trying to figure out what works for me! I love circuit work - I mean LOVE it but I'm constantly feeling dragged back to heavy work which I don't like... go figure. Do what's best for your body - you're in GREAT shape! And live life... it's ok to have taco bell, doritos, etc... always in moderation but I feel depriving yourself of something is never smart. :)

Where's everyone else this morning? Morris is gone right? Anne, Colleen, Kate??

Good Morning Everyone!

I am so mad at myself because I left my cell phone at home. I pulled it out of my purse to check email and put it back in the charger and forgot it. Oh well. I am really hoping that the sun comes out and it warms up so I can go for a run tonight. Chris told me he might be late. There is a local running club and they have a couple of training programs that I am looking at. One is a 8k in July and the other is a half marathon in September. I am hesitant to do the 8K one because we usually go to a party on race day. The negative for the half marathon is that I have to complete a race in April in order to qualify for the program. I can't remember how many miles it is, but my friend told me it is pretty easy because it is all downhill. Need some more time to think about it.

Angie, I was crying this morning doing pushups to failure. What a shock! I haven't done SPJ in a while, maybe I will do the cardio portion next week.
Klaudia, I am making strength gains in STS but I am not losing a lot of fat like I hoped. I think I need to add more cardio - I always find I need to do both cardio and weights to see big changes.
Robin, sorry you were up so early. Glad you were able to use the time wisely. Hopefully you can sneak in a nap this afternoon.
Katie, you're lucky to have a spotter. Mine had to leave early for work. I think I am going to get the valor squat stands when they are finally available.
Hi Kate, Anne & Morris!

b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: 1/2 clif bar
l: grilled chicken salad (I hope)
s: grapes
d: bbq salmon

im here! just a busy a.m.!

angie, m's scared TO DEATH of a v but when we now we're done.....:D
wtg on sjp! i love that one!

katie, wtg on your wo!

klaudia, im gaining muscle but not losing fat...need to tighten up eating.:rolleyes: always the eating!:mad::p

eats are clean...will do back @ js nap...biceps tonight....

Morning, everyone! Sorry I've been MIA, but it was a busy weekend.

Klaudia, I'm sorry about your panic attack, but Go Spartans! They looked great yesterday, didn't they? I'm so excited for them.

Kate, your 40s on each side--I liked Robin's interpretation. :p You go, girl!

Katie, Go Leopards! I'm glad the soccer game went well. When is your race again? This Saturday? I hope it goes well.

Robin, sorry for the early wake up. I hate that. Can you nap today?

Colleen, go for the half marathon! We can virtually train together. Mine's in August, but we could compare notes along the way.

Angie, I love SJP, too, but dang it's long! Plus I have to take breaks, so it ends up being even longer. I do bits and pieces of it frequently, tho. As for pregnancy...if it happens it happens, right? You may just be psyching yourself out.

Hi, Morris!

So, on Saturday Jim went to help some friends move. He said I didn't need to go, even though I offered. I went to the post office and then the grocery store. When I got home he had called and said, yeah, we need you, come on over. So I went over and they hadn't packed anything! Seriously, not one stinking thing. Not any of their clothes, their books, nothing. The refrigerator (which they were moving) wasn't cleaned out or anything. That really annoyed me. I mean, I hate helping people move anyway because I'm at a point in my life where I can hire someone to do that for me, but come on! If we're all gonna pitch in, at least be ready for it. Geez. We got home from that and I finished a book and made dinner. Then we went to Home Depot and strung cable. I want a cable modem because the DSL we have is just too.darn.slow. But of course, the only room in the house that doesn't have a cable outlet is the office. So we got it through the wall Saturday night.

As you know, we met the dog yesterday and she's wonderful! A very sweet, loving dog. She very shy and she has submissive urination issues, but we can work on that. After we got home from seeing the dog we did laundry and almost finished the cable project. We need a longer drill bit, though. I'm going to try to borrow one from my dad.

I better close this novel and get some work done. Happy Monday, everyone!

anne

Hey Anne - that's so annoying about the move issue. I despise moving with a passion and when people aren't organized it makes it so much worse! I hope everything works out with your dog! He's so precious! Do you have a WO on tap for the day?

Morning Kate - hope your day is a good one. Good luck getting your WO in during J's nap!

Anne for sure I'm going to napmax today. :D As soon as I read "Jim went to help some friends move" I started laughing. So what was they doing all that time before they called you???
Anne your new doggie needs a loving family where she will feel at home. Did you ever see the TV show "It's Me or the Dog". That trainer gives good tips about urination problems.

Angie sometimes stress will make you late too.

Colleen that will be so motivating if you join a runner club. I'm envious and I wish that I could run too :(.

Klaudia I can understand giving up but Cathe is very motivating because when she said it's a challenge then you know it's hard.

Don't tell Cathe but I cheated with my pushups :eek:. I was laying on my mat and started to think about when was the last time I waxed the floors. The next thing I knew Cathe was on the second set of push ups.:eek:

Robin, LOL about laying on the floor. I find myself doing that sometimes too during push ups and then I realize that girl is STILL going!!! UGH.

You should have seen Cathe she was going on and on and on with the push ups to failure.:p

Klaudia sometimes I wonder how we can lift 65% of 1 rm and then 3 months later lift 90%. It seems like a big jump.

Last edited:
So over Christmas I lent my sister some cathe dvd's B&G, KM, pyramids and gym style. She said she really hasn't done them because she doesn't have the space to workout. She is hopefully moving into a new house tomorrow (that's another saga) and her birthday is Thursday. She told me that she doesn't have a high step for B&G, so I thought I would get her that. She has weights, ankle weights and a ball. I was going to use my 20% off coupon to maybe get her a DVD. She doesn't really like Step workouts so I am trying to figure out what to get her - maybe a med ball for abs? Any thoughts?

Robin, I wimped out on the last set of pushups. I just wasn't mentally prepared for them.
Kate, I am with you - I am building muscle but not losing fat.
Anne, I am sorry about the moving issue. That is really rude to not be packed. I have spent all night packing when needed so when people arrived we would just move.

Got Back done! Maybe I can even sneak in Biceps w/ Isabel later.....here's hopin'!

Anne, That is really rotten about the moving thing. I woulda been pretty ticked too. We said when we move we will hire it out - it's such a big job and if you ask others to help you then you owe them and well, yuck!:p:eek:
That;s so exciting about the dog!!!!

Robin, That 5% increase is pretty amazing isnt it?
Rolling on my nonwaxed/nonvacuumed floor laughing about your floors!!!

Colleen, What a nice sis you are! Truthfully, I'd be annoyed she hadnt used my dvds!:p:eek: I don't loan out my Cathes to my sisters - don't trust em!:eek: Those things are like gold , baby!;)

Hi Angie! Not even 1 fry?!?!?! You are my hero!!! Enjoy that Oreo - you earned it!

Thanks for listening to me gripe yet again! Darrin always gets so frustrated with me when I grumble about fitness stuff.

Colleen, I feel naked if I leave my phone at home! Funny how a few years ago we didn't have this problem and managed just fine. Gotta love technology! Would the 8k run be in the morning? That'd be a great way to start your day and indulge at the party, too:) And if I were your sister, I'd be happy with any of those gift ideas:)

Kate, isn't it funny how big strong men get scared at such a simple procedure while we endure ALL the pain-morning sickness (sometimes for months), weight gain, LABOR, nursing, all of it?! I was lucky-Darrin said he was totally fine with a vasectomy-he owed it to me for everything I'd given him:) So much easier than a tubal! I know my eating is a big part of it, too. And I'm not gonna scarifice my treats. My issue was more with strength gains. I can't seem to go any heavier:( I swear I felt like my arm was gonna snap off on those alt. one arm presses last night with 15#!

Anne, I'm still excited! Darrin said this week was gonna drag on til Saturday. I think if we do go, we're going to go the Spartans Fan bar-Cheli's Chili downtown. Each of the four teams has a designated bar where their fans will be gathering to watch. Sorry about more friend drama-did they think you were going to do all the work? Sheesh!

Robin, I am more of an ecto, so I don't expect a lot of physical changes, but more strength gains. Darrin's the same way-he can use 35# dumbells for lying tricep extensions, but is still pretty thin. The picture of you on the floor contemplating about waxing them is hilarious!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.