* * * Deanie & Friends * * * Monday 8/3

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning :)

Today was GS BSB. I did it using the mix and match feature. I really like it this way. I also upped almost all my weights because it is our last week and I really wanted to push myself. After 4 weeks of GS (even though I like it) I am ready for a change. This may be TMI (to much info): but my DH has commented on my chest, seems to be larger.(to which I replied: lucky him!:) ) This is funny, because I am already a 32D, which is pretty large for me:) but I guess the chest work has made a difference this month! ha ha :7 :7

Yesterdays hike was great! we did 6 miles at the canal (C&O canal) in DC. and had a picnic lunch. Then we went to the National Airports park: (there is a park right next to it) and watched the planes take off and fly right over us! The kids loved it!! The weather was perfect, and we all had a great time!!:)

Okay, stats:
[/b/]back:[/b/] (followed Cathe for all reps except 1 arm row did 10 reps)
underhand lat row: 30# all 3 sets (up 3#)
1 arm lat row: 2 sets 32# (up 2#)
pullover: 30# (up 5#)
[/b/]shoulders:[/b/] (followed Cathe for all reps)
overhead press: 20# all 3 reps (up 3#/last week only did 1 set 20#)
side lat raise: 14# (up 2#)
reverse fly: 8#(stayed same don't think I would have had good form going up to 10#)
[/b/]Biceps:[/b/]
bbl curls: 35# (stayed the same)
crazy 8's: 12# (same)
concentration curls: 1st set: 17# all reps no bonus (up 2#)
2nd set: 20# 4reps/17# 4reps (up 3#~ personal best!!!:) )
curls w/ forearm reverse down: 15# 4 reps/12# rest of reps (bi's were fried and I had to drop)
hammer curls: 15# (same as last week)
wrist curls: 12# (same as last week)

Tracee~ Hope you are going to do the Sept rotation with us!

Gin~ I should take Fri. as a rest day, I'll have to look into that! I hope you had a good workout today.

Marcy~ I'm glad you liked KM, the only way I like doing it is the way you did it yesterday! How'd you do today?

Enjoy/Have a great Labor Day!!
Deanie:*

Good Morning!

Today was also GS BSB and 3 mile run. I also did the Mix and match feature. It was nice to run at 7am instead of the usual 5:30. Now it's off to Clean the House Max.

Deanie--Wish that all the chest work would work for me that way!:eek: WTG on the heavy weights, girl! I think the only time I matched you was with the reverse flys and bicep curls. Sounds like you had a great day yesterday with your family!

Tracee--Have you had a chance to look at Cathe's Sept. rotation? Hope you like it also.

Marcy--What workout is on schedule for you today?

Have a great day all!
Gin:)

Hi Again!

I remembered something I wanted to tell you all. My DH went on a Habitat for Humanity mission trip last week to Honduras. The other day he was showing me the pictures that they all took and one was of a man there that could do these incredible pushups. He would do a regular pushup and then jump in the air (still horizontal) and then do another, etc. I had never seen anything like it. If I knew how to post a picture, I would. I had never seen anyone do a pushup like that before!

Gin

I guess I am the only one here today.:-(
I do have a question for you girls. Now that I am back at work and running on MWF, do you think I could do half of the curcuit workout before run and half afterwards? We run at 5:30 and come back around 6:15 (after driving there and stretching after and driving back). I can't see doing all the w/o before or after run. So either that or do it all after I am home from work. What to do?:)

Gin

Hey Gin~ We were taking it easy today, yet still ended up doing lots of errands:) Good job on the workout today. About the circuit workout~ could you do your runs on MWF and circuits on the other 3 days? I think running and circuits on the same day is overkill. Also, on the other days Cathe has us doing cardio, so your cardio could be running (which she has scheduled for one day anyway) Hope that makes sense.
That guy doing the pushups sounds amazing~ I wonder how he does that?

Deanie

Hi Girls!

So far it's been a rest day for me. I'll see if I fit something in later but otherwise I might be a bit off the rotation this week. I really liked doing the Gym Styles this month but it's time for a change. I definitely did much better with the mix-n-match so I will do it that way from now on. We finished redoing DS's room. It's all neutral now so it looks a lot bigger.

Deanie - Fantastic workout! You really upped your weights! Sounds like you had a great mini-vacation.

Gin - I agree with Deanie, it might be a little too much to do on the same day, unless you skipped the cardio from the circuits and just did the strength exercises. It sounds like you're talking about plyo pushups where the whole body goes in the air. Tony does them in P90X. That's where he says you can either do clapping pushups or plyo pushups. I just stared at the screen in total amazement. Clapping pushups are the hardest type I've ever done. Maybe the next time I do the X, I might be able to work up to them but they're really tough.

Tracee - Hope you're on board with us for the circuit rotation.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.