*/*/*/CHEETAHS Monday Musings */*/*/

Hi Friends :)

We have a cold one here today; the current temp is 11 degrees. On my schedule I have an outdoor long run, but I have house guests and DS15 has no school and 3 of DS15's friends spent the night besides our relatives. I'll put the long run on hold until tomorrow and get in an UB workout which will be easier to squeez in at an odd time. Needless to say time on the forums was scarce this weekend.

Linda- Your comments to Jackie were interesting regarding cramping ands sweating. I sweat the same amount in (very sweaty) in the heat or the cold. So far I have only tried G2 one one run. I need to get one of those hand held beverage things. The belt I have is awkward, because I am short waisted and it just doesn't sit right.

Jackie- How are you today ? Any better soreness wise? is today a regular work day and will you be on your feet most of the day? DS's team won one game and lost one. DS played well but not well enough.

Dallas- I am not sure about KB workouts and your hip. Just try a few swings etc to see how it feels. I only have a 15# KB but can easily use the next size or two up for many, but not all exercises.

Christine- Glad you and Jimmy had a great run with Grace outside. I like the outdoor iTreads for a change. Right now my longer runs need to be done at a moderate , steady pace.. But indoors, the iTreads and Cardio coach are very helpful. I let SIL use Cardio Coach #3 yesterday on our EXT and she is hooked!

We attempted to decorate our mantle yesterday and it just wasn't coming out right, we stopped. Today maybe I'll have a more creative pleasing touch. The tree did not get bought either. DH needed a day to rest,after a long week with call and working the holiday weekend. We will just get it another day.

Wendy- How was (extended ) the family GTG?

Wendi- Glad you had fun at the sweet 16 party. I do not care for loud head banging music either. Stay warm out there today!

Good morning ladies!

Didn't get home from work until after 8 and, since I was pretty shot and a walking icicle to boot, I opted for a hot shower and beddy-bye. Since I'm woefully behind I hope it's okay if I just start fresh from this point...

Carole - I am so embarrassed:eek:. My post to you didn't seem to make it onto the thread...I'm so sorry! Congratulations on your anniversary!!! 28 years of wielding the silly putty hammer? You must be tired:p...lol, you know I'm only kidding. Glad you enjoyed the restaurant. I hope the shower wasn't too dreadful:confused:. How was your run?

Wendy - OMG, LMBO at the "do it, do it, do it!" You're too funny! You would think that with all the riding I do LB would be a snap for me but it absolutely KILLS me:eek::confused::eek:! Goes to show that riding really does work muscles that you can't target any other way. How was the dinner/gift exchange last night? Sounds like fun. Oh, BTW, if you ever find yourself at Ruby Tuesday's again the white bean chicken chili is VERY good and the best thing on the menu as far as "damage control" goes. That, plus the trip to the salad bar....one of my favorite things, yum! RT does have all of their nutritional info on their website.

Judy - Uh, can't blame ya for putting off the run until tomorrow...VERY wise move!!! Yeah, this is pretty brutal, although probably nothing compared to what Gloria and Dallas are dealing with:confused:. I did take a look at the RH course for this year and it is identical. Please trust me on this, it's not as bad in person as it is on paper. If I had seen the elevation chart I would never have even considered it last year:eek:. I will probably try to run it once in Jan or Feb so I will give you the low down when I do, 'kay? But, with the way, you're training is going, I doubt you'll have any problems with it. BTW, I loved your modifications to L&G...will have to remember those if mine flares up this year.

Christine - Sorry to hear about the headaches:confused:. I can't send enough {{{{VIBES}}}} your way. Also, sorry to hear that Ved has not been feeling well. Sending some {{{VIBES}}} his way, as well. So glad to hear that you had such a fantastic run...you definitely sounded like you were riding a nice little high afterward! Yeah, the music was so loud that you had to *scream* directly into the other person's ear to be heard:eek:. Oh, in answer to a long past question, we have to change facilities in the winter because we need an indoor ring to ride in. Where we are this year is *alright*...the ring and the barn are fine but the people there are kind of nuts and a bit ignorant when it comes to horse care/handling. It's a wonder nobody has gotten killed yet with the things that I've seen in just the past couple of days:eek:. We only have two clients that come and ride their own horses, the rest are in training to be sold and/or shown. The two that do ride don't get there everday so I have to keep those going/tuned up when they are not there. You would be the exception wanting to take care of your own...most of our clients don't want to do any of the dirty work, nor are they capable of it, frankly *shrugs*. That's why they pay for it, well, when they *feel* like paying for it that is:rolleyes::(:confused:.

Shelly - Oh, you caved on the iTreads, huh:p? Hope DH's appt went well...hope it was just a routine thing. Fantastic run yesterday! Yeah, like I said to Christine you had to SCREAM to be heard:eek::confused:...not good! Sooooo, you asked about Judy and I doing our half...want to join us, pretty please?????? It's in Rock Hill, NY (about 20 minutes from me) March 9 (8th?). It's the one I tried to do last year before I started having foot issues.

Dallas - EGADS!!!! An *outdoor* mall?!?!?! :eek::eek::eek:. I'm glad you enjoyed your little shopping adventure but, how on earth did you survive that cold? Too funny about Drew Peterson. Sorry your workout was only, "eh".

Gonna post this half of my novel and then I'll be right back with the rest....

Personals, part deux...

Gloria - I hope you're surviving the cold up there...I can't even imagine:confused::(:eek:! Had to lol at your comment about the after effects of the wedding, cute! Glad you got to catch up with some dear friends. Nice run the other night...I would assume that's TM, right??? Hope you were able to get all that school work done.

Linda - WTG on the tough non-Cathe workouts lately! Sounds like you're having a blast with them. Great runs, too...gotta admit that I'm quite jealous of all the great runs everyone is getting in these days. I don't think I've been out for a run in more than 3 weeks:(.

Jackie - Wow, 12 minutes is impressive!!! Sorry to hear that you were feeling your race yesterday. Hopefully it's getting better today??? Hope you found a nice easy workout to help with the soreness today. That was so sweet of you to visit mom and help with the cards...she must have enjoyed that:).

Cathy - Your comment to Posh about the pony having any stuffing left made me LMBO...much needed, I might add, thank you!!! Hope you were able to bang out all that schoolwork yesterday. Sounds like you were really running there yesterday.

Posh - Just gotta say that I loved your expression "round tuits"! HAVE to remember that one! Hope things are going well for ya!

Laura - I hope the crud has departed and you're feeling better!

Brighton - LOVE your new siggie...NICE!

Karen - Continued {{{HUGS}}} and prayers, hon.

Okay, really gotta get it moving here. Gonna be a cold day at work for sure:confused:...oh well, gotta do whatcha ya gotta do, right?

Oh, and hate to admit it, but there have been no workouts since Thursday:eek::(:confused:. I should be able to start up again tomorrow. Happy Monday! Ciao for now!

*Shuffles into forum, tea in her hand, one eye open* Mornin’ Cheetahs!

Gloria – The run was really nice. I have a loop around my neighborhood that has about a mile along a creek and on a bike/running path. It’s not used a lot so I can usually let Jimmy off leash (I do watch for people and dogs) and he has a blast. MT would be a tough place to leave. I hear it’s absolutely gorgeous!

Linda – I think I have the ole headaches under control. The weather front is moving on, thankfully. I hope my lack of hungry is the decrease in workouts. We’ll see. :rolleyes: Laundry, eh? It never ends does it? I have to do some this morning.

Jackie – that’s fabulous that you shaved off 12 minutes! Wow!! So what did you decide to do this morning?

Dallas – hope you got some sleep! Your day sounds like a great one! You saw Drew Peterson? So, tell me, why would ANY woman date that man? How many wives is he suspected of killing? 2-3? Amazing. Sometimes I really wonder about our gender.

Judy – I can’t wear a belt, either as I get side stitches from them. I usually prefer running outside without music or anything – I like being one with nature and all that crap. :D Oh fun! Another CC convert! They do make working out so much more fun!

Wendi – thanks for the vibes! I woke up feeling good this morning (but very tired – I didn’t get a lot of sleep as DH was snoring). I guess I’m weird, but I consider horses more like dogs – intelligent and needing their people. But, hey at least they pay you to do it, most of the time. :p Thanks for the explanation! Sorry it’s so cold there! I won’t complain about our temps.

Man was it hard to get out of bed this morning. Poor Jimmy! I tripped over him. Oh well, 2 weeks to go. :p I love this not being hungry. I’ve been doing well on my weight loss. I’m praying I can keep it up! We’ll see. Today is Muscle Max. I haven’t done this one in ages. It should be fun. Have a good Monday everyone!

Hi cheetahs! I'm about to take off for a trip to beautiful WV. Tried to get OOB for an early workout but was unsuccessful. The bed was way to warm;) So I'll get in a good run when I get home--- about 5-6 miles and then some good upper body work.

Dallas- I left a message for you on the Yahoo group. Okay.... what the he** is a gravitron? Unsophisticated and enquiring minds want to know! Does sound like you had a fun shopping day... interesting running into Drew Peterson.

Wendy- Actually, Amy is putting out a kettlebell workout next year... part of her new Dynamic series.. sounds good!

Cathy- LOL about decompressing from the ride on the Schuykill!!! I DO KNOW what you are referring to! I remember driving to the marathon at 0500 Sunday morning and noting that that was the very FIRST time I have ever driving that section without ever once slowing to a stop!!! I think you may well be right about the heel lift contributing to the ITB. Yes, during my acute phase of this I was foam rolling and icing daily... sometimes more frequently.

Christine- I reconsidered the itrain workouts when I reviewed their monthly motivator packages, etc. It really is a good deal but not if you already have most of them. However, there are a few still I would like to have so this made sense to me to sign up for a few months anyway. Fabulous run yesterday.... I am not surprised at all you were able to run so well. Even tho you haven't been actually running much your fitness level is still primo from everyting else.

Gloria- Yes, I have a fitness area set up in the basement... which is HUGE! We wil eventually finish it and section in up into different areas but that's a long way down the road. Oh my, someday you will have to fish that heavy bag out of your garage... it is so FUN to work out with one!! Hope you had a good restorative rest day yesterday.

Linda- Hey, eventually I will make it down to the Charlestown area. DH and I particularly love the New River! Are you still planning on a Spring marathon. I've been doing a search and haven't really found one I like yet. Getting in great runs and squeezes (LOL) lately!

Jackie- you didn't mention it at first but I was wondering if that HM was a PR for ya! WTG~!!!!! I would definitely experiment with different sports drinks and supplements to find ones which don't upset the stomach. I have the same problem myself and was battling nausea the last 8 miles or so of the Philly marathon. Shouldn't have gone with the Gatorade and should have carried my own supply.... we live and learn!

That's all I have time to catch up on for now..... Will try to catch up later today.

Good morning cheetahs

Thanks to you guys for the Anniversary wishes....:D...I sometimes cannot believe it has been this long!

Cathy...sounds like you got many things done yesterday. I have always been a fanatic about icing an injury. I do feel for ITB it really does help icing daily. The shower was fine. She got some nice and very cute things for her little girl. I ducked out of one this year so this one I HAD to go to. I am so glad the house is done.

Wendi..glad you had fun at the party. Loud music confined in a room is not real fun!! I think the 28 years can sometimes feel like about 40!! The shower was not too dreadful, it is the games I dislike. Everything else is fine...:)

Judy...The Baby Shower went fine. I still am not a fan of the games so I don't try hard, I just want them over. I do enjoy watching the gift opening though..WOW..11 degrees!!! I think the coldest it has ever been since I lived here was 19.

Christine...I did get out of one baby shower this year so I had to go to this one!! It went fine and I got home to watch some FB! Sorry about the headaches, sometimes just cutting back on calorie intake can cause them too. Hope DH feels better soon. Glad you got in a good run with Jimmy yesterday. Congrats on the weight loss, especially this time of year! Have fun with MM. I use it for Upper body a lot.

Gloria...I think Beau gets in the trash when we ignore him or are not playing with him. I expect the weather to be in the 50-60's for the start and probably into the 70's towards the end of the marathon. So is 14 degrees a heatwave?...:eek:

Linda...Your post made me laugh about the dreaded BS!!! BS for sure...it was fine actually and only 2 games played. Good job with your running and Squeeze workouts.

Jackie...I think it was when I started running half marathons that I started using the Sports drinks. I do feel they help and I never have the sloshing around in my stomach problem.

Shelly..I have not purchased and iTrains since their prices skyrocketed! I am doing some shopping today, I hope you and DH enjoy your shopping day in WV. I was telling my clients I was 10 when I got married!!..:D...Yes a real vegetarian restaurant. It is also Organic so I think Jerry would survive eating some organic turkey...:)...Soooo glad the moving is done. The shower was not too bad, sometimes way boring, but I got caught up with my sister's SIL.

Dallas..sorry about the FB confusion. I did get to watch some. Glad the moving is done too. When is your next massage? I can understand how boredom would set in using the same machine. I know at one point last year I considered an exercise bike. So you saw Drew Peterson? They have never found his wife right?

I only ran 15 miles yesterday due to time restraints. I used my headlamp in the beginning. It was very foggy and about 30 degrees, which seemed very cold to me! We even had ice (or thick moisture) on our eyelashes and were laughing about that. I am beginning to think fog is our replacement for rain!

Today is a 7-8 mile run and 4DS sho, bi's, tri's and abs.

Have a great day...:)

Happy Monday!

I did CC#4 on the spin bike. I like that one. The music is great. I then did B&G SB abs and FW cycling premix. I was thinking of adding MM minus the abs like I did last week. We'll see I have a lot to do today and DS5 is home w/possible pink eye. I'll take him to the doctor today.

Shelly ~ Here's a link to the Gravity class. Oops, :eek: I think my kids would know more about a Gravitron. lol :D http://urec.wsu.edu/fitness_gravity.aspx I posted this link because the link to my gym does not have the slide show. :) I completely understand about not wanting to get out of bed. I had to no choice though. I thought I'd be on the way to the grocery store right now. :confused:

Christine ~ We were talking about the exact same thing. I was alarmed that he was even in the same vicinity as me. :eek: We, of course, were cracking jokes all night about watch your back Drew might get you! I may be joining you on MM. I did it last Monday too. :) Why do you have no appetite? The cold/headache thing?

Wendi ~ It really wasn't too bad. The stores really had the heat cranked. I was actually sweating in the stores. Hope you get back to your workouts tomorrow. You've been busy. I know the next couple of weeks, it's going to get tricky for me. We'll see if I can manage the 4A start to "get er done" ;) I miss Sunny!

Judy ~ I'd like to give KB's a whirl, but I think I'll hold off a bit more. I don't think I should start something new until the hip feels better...I came to my senses. ;) I finally got a hand held bottle holder. :) Have fun w/your upper body work today.

Hi to all who follow!

Now to tackle that to do list and MM.:eek:

Last edited:
Hey Carole! You snuck in there. The phone rang mid post...WTG on your 15 miles! :eek: IA at least I have the EXT and spin bike to alternate with. :) Nope, they never found his wife. It's just an eery story. Like Christine said there was foul play with his other wife too. Creepy! I go again this afternoon to see the MT. It really is helping. :) That's some workout plan! Enjoy.

Good morning! Happy Monday! (ugh!)

Judy – I have one of the hand held bottles that has the thing that kind of wraps around your hand with a zipper pouch. I love it. But …my favorite is my belt with the 4 bottles. I finally figured out how to position it to where I don’t even notice it being there. But…I only use that when I am going for really long distances. I definitely thing you would like the hand held one!

Dallas – I actually have the Firm Wave. I have only tried it a couple of times. The concept is really good, but I had trouble being coordinated enough to feel the upper body movements while trying to execute the lower body moves on the wave :eek: LOL….I will have to work on that and see if I can get it down. After a couple of tries…I just put it away :eek: Good job on the spinning workout! I really like CC#4, too. I have to say my favorite is #7! I don’t have #8, yet. I want to get it, soon

Shelly – DH takes a lot of guided trips down the New River (fishing…not whitewater rafting, though). We both go there a lot! We love it :) It is beautiful! Have you ever done white water rafting on the Gauley River? Yes, I have been searching and searching for a spring marathon. There is a Ridge Runner marathon in Cairo WV. It is at Northbend State Park. I “believe” it is a a combination trail run and road run. It is supposed to be super challenging. But..It held at the first of June and I imagine it would be quite hot. It is still tempting! I also checked the More Marathon in NYC. It is strictly for women over 40. I thought that would be cool! It is April 26th, The Flying Pig in Cincinnati is in May. Do you think you may do one in the spring? Any suggestions?

Wendi – I am sorry you have been so overwhelmed lately! Hopefully, it will calm down for you soon! Don’t stress the no runs! Think of it this way….when you start back up, just think of how recovered and rested you will be!

Christine – enjoy Muscle Max! Great job on your weight loss and not being hungry! It is funny…my appetite went down after my marathon….but I still am in the mode of wanting carbs, carbs, carbs. And I seem to want junk :( But maybe it is because of the season? I am glad the front is passing, as well as the headaches!

Carole – Oh my! It sounds like your run was quite cold! LOL…I don’t think I have ever had the icy eye lashes before! Good job on the 15! Enjoy your run and 4DS today!

I may workout tonight. We will see how it goes when I get home....or it may end up being a rest day!

Hey to everyone and hope everyone has a good day!

Linda

Hi there, cheetahs! :D

Christine—you went sideways down a mountain??? That must have been absolutely terrifying!! We had some close calls once when were driving back to the Denver airport during a big storm. I wasn’t the one driving, but I was sweating MAJOR bullets, fearing we might go over the side. That is the one thing that deters me from wanting to live out there. Not sure I could handle the driving! :p Great run with Jim! Nice to know a little hiatus didn’t do any harm. Is the yoga routine on the Yoga for Athletes DVD you’d mentioned? AWESOME job losing lbs. this time of year! Send me some o’ those not-hungry vibes, wouldja please? *lol*

Gloria—Thanks—my ITB felt pretty good after Saturday’s run, and it hasn’t been hurting since, so as much as it stunk to walk the hills, I think it was a good move. I remember how anxious you were when Sandy’s son was leaving for boot camp. I’m glad he will be in Korea rather than getting called to Iraq. So when is your marathon? You’ve just got to see Spirit of the Marathon.

Linda—I don’t do the u/b portions of Squeeze…I remember thinking that part was a little easy compared to Cathe…but I do like the abs and lower body work and always felt the DVD was worth it for that alone. *lol* about coming with me to France, Italy, and Greece. In this kind of economy, I would be very surprised if I do get to go, but if so, I’ll gladly stow you in my suitcase. I have been to France and Greece (but not Athens, which has been a lifelong dream) and not Italy. It would be a HUGE thrill, for sure. It was a whirlwind weekend for me, too. A little too much whirl. *lol*

Jackie—shaving 12 min. is excellent! I did get a good chunk finished yesterday, but there is more. Yikes! Sounds like RP jacked up his knees there. I reckon two runs a week is probably not enough to go all-out in a half. Hope there isn’t serious damage. I’m not sure about the next ski trip. Slight chance one might come together during winter break. BTW, those Enlytens Carole talked about really worked for me during the marathon.

Dallas—Shopping with waiters?? That musta been some high-end shopping fun!! And Drew Peterson?! Get out! My reaction was the same as Christine’s. It is stupefying how these women still fall for murderers like Peterson and OJ…I did not get all my work done, but I did as much as I could. Hope to see the bottom of it soon…The Schuylkill is a rather dangerous highway that runs through and around Philly, and I have to drive it to get to my sister’s place. It’s not a ride I enjoy—kinda stressful.

Wendi—oh man, stay warm today! I don’t know how you’re braving this cold. Do toe and/or hand warmers come in handy? Stinks when you’re not able to get out there when you’re itchin’ to, but it sounds like you have been on the go-go-go hectic lately. You’ll get out there and pound some pavement again soon, no doubt. The pack of wild gerbils (or were they groundhogs?) will be waiting patiently. :D

Shelly—You had me scratchin’ my head in wonder at OOB, but then I got it! *lol* I hear you! Yeah, that can be some pretty intense driving. Thanks for the input on the ITB. Happy shopping and getting a lot off your list.

Carole—I am with you on not being fond of the games, but I actually can’t stand the whole thing. *lol* Ha! That is funny telling your client you were 10 when you got hitched. Ice on your eyelashes??? Whoa! *lol* Now that is what I call some hardcore dedication!!

Hi & warm fuzzies to the rest of the gang.

I am home today…(don't ask)...I'll just leave it at: it was necessary to get this work done. I am making good progress, but I had to give myself a short break and change gears for a moment. Now back to the stack! :)

If I can cram it all in in time, I will squeeze in a workout before tonight's batch of interviews. But at this point, it's really all about gettin'-'er-dun before I go out of my gourd!!! *lol*

Have a great day!

Hello Cheetahs.

Hope everyone is doing well. Y'day was a crazy day and today I am trying to recover from a bug that slammed me hard after I got home last night. I felt absolutely HORRIBLE but thankfully I seem to be on the upswing as of right now. I hope it's a trend that continues...

I'll be back when I feel better.

Later.

Good morning Cheetahs!

Linda - Yes, all I drank was water and usually that's all I ever drink. Can you believe I couldn't find any Gatorade after the race? They did have Vitamin water. When I went to the restroom, it hit the floor and spilled. :mad: At least I was thankful for not having to use the porta potties. Nothing like a good nice warm ladies room before and after the race. And, I could wash my hands. :D I didn't feel like I sweated a lot but could have and didn't realize. Guess I'll have to keep doing it until I get it right without the numbness. :confused:

Dallas - Glad you enjoyed your shopping trip. Sorry, but who is Drew Peterson? Good job with CC#4. Hope the hip heals soon. Hope DS feels better too. Enjoy MM. As I read your post to others, I think I now remember who Drew is.

Judy - Cold there! Brrrrrr!! Don't blame you for putting off that long run with all you have going on. Legs are still sore but a little better. I'm tied to a desk and computer all day so I don't have to worry about being on my feet.

Wendi - I'll bet the cold zapped all of your energy yesterday. I know it does mine. Hope you slept well. Use to love the white bean chili from RT. Make sure you bundle up young lady. :D My mom has been fussing at me about putting something on my head when I'm out in the cold. Told her I'm only going from the house to the car and vice versa. Good luck with getting a workout in tomorrow.

Christine - Thought I'd go easy on myself today and do some EXT and yoga. Just what I needed. Maybe all of my hunger pains will dissipate since my race is over. I gained a whole pound during the training. Glad your weight loss is on track. Have fun with MM.

Shelly - Enjoy the trip to WV. Been there once. Flew with DBF in a small aircraft. Did not enjoy the flight because I just don't like small planes. :confused: Have a good run and UB workout. Yes, I'm learning a lot during these races. When my feet started going numb, RP told me to wiggle my toes. It helped some. Now, why didn't I think of that on my own? :rolleyes:

Carole - Glad you survived the shower. Boss didn't qualify for the Boston Marathon. He needed a 3:35 time and came in at 3:57. He did get that sub 4 though. Said he started having problems with his leg at mile 13 and he would walk for a few seconds. Then he would run as long as he could stand it and walk again. Suppose I need to start trying to like Gatorade. It's just so yucky. :confused: Good job with the 15 miles and the iced over lashes. :D Have a good run and a good UB workout.

Cathy - Sure hope you get to go on the European trip. It's quite an experience, isn't it? RP was only running two days a week and he has heart problems. That's why he doesn't do marathons any longer. He's only 37 and I think he really wants to do another marathon. Heck, he still wasn't huffing and puffing like I was. I'll have to check into those Enlytens. Enjoy working from home today. Fun, more interviews! Hope they go well.

Like I mentioned, I decided to go easy today. Wanted to do some yoga but wanted to be warmed up too. The legs are still sore. So, I did an easy 20 minutes on the EXT and Suzanne Deason's Yoga for Hips & Thighs. Don't know what I'll do tomorrow. Maybe some UB work. Will see how the legs feel.

Need to get back to work. Have a magnificent Monday!

Afternoon, Cheetahs...

Things have been difficult around here. On Saturday I found out that my good friend and old college roommate's health has taken a turn for the worse... She's been battling brain cancer for the past 3 years, and I guess in her last appt. they discovered that the inoperable tumor in her middle ventricle has started to create intense intercranial pressure, and that little can be done about it... I guess they persuaded the neurosurgeon to operate anyway and relieve the pressure, but like the doctor said, "it's only a bandage on the problem." So my heart has been aching the past few days for her, her husband, and their adorable little boy. She's only 28. Her little boy just turned 3.

I was able to crank out that run on Saturday, I went 6.7 miles, averaged 6.2 mph... (can we say stress reliever?) So I was happy with that... kept my mind off things anyway.

Then Sunday this little sore throat erupted into a full blown head & sinus cold. The past couple of days I've been pretty miserable with itchy watery eyes, bad throat, horrible congestion... Don't know if the run exacerbated it, but I'm sure the stress didn't help.

Just having a rough time over here in my corner of the den. Hope everyone else is doing well-- I know that several of you are going through more difficult situations than mine, and my heart goes out to you. (((HUGS))) to all.... Seems like we could all use a bit of "comfort & joy" this time of year!!! :)

Good evening girls....

Well, to sum it all up in one word for me today......

;)!UGH!:(

Brighton: HUGS! So sorry about your friend. Sending prayers your way!

Oh well...back to the couch...

Hi Cheetahs!

Linda: My DH looks really serious when he tying too. DH wasn't at the show too long, just long enough to say hello to some people. He did have to deal with some crappy roads though, so I did not like that. I am on a laundry mission tonight too. IA the weekend has been a whirlwind. Great running!

Jackie: I would say 12 minutes off your time is pretty spectacular! :)

Dallas: I must not be up with my news. Who is Drew Peterson? I am glad you had such a great time shopping. :)

Judy: I see you are just as cold as us up here! It makes getting outside a chore, at least for me.

Wendi: Yes, that was a treadmill run. I didn't workout yesterday or this morning. I actually slept in until 5:30. That is the first time I have done that this year. :eek: I have been really tired. I know you will get right back on your workouts. I feel the same way you do.

Christine: That sounds like a great running trail! I like being one with nature and all that crap too. :) I was feeling the can't get out of bed feeling too this morning. Hopefully tomorrow I am back on it. I hope you continue with your kick butt weight loss! Congrats!

Shelly: I have never been to WV, but have heard really good things about it! Have a fabulous time! :) Your workout room sounds wonderful!

Carole: The weather sounds pretty good for the marathon in Napa. No, it usually isn't this cold this time of year. We are having another storm coming tonight. As I said to Linda, AWESOME running lately! :)

Cathy: I was planted on the couch last night reading Deeper Reading. I am looking forward to seeing the author in January. I would imagine driving around your sister's would be stressful. I have to drive down to pick up my mom on Wed. I hope the bad weather is over by the time I have to go and get there. Yeah, little Joel is doing ok. Glad you got some time to work on some things. Been there, done that. :) I think I would love that movie. I just forgot about it for a bit with everything else. Thanks for reminding me. :) My marathon is May 23rd.

Wendy: Sorry you are not feeling so well! :(

I am so tired. I never sleep past 4:00 on the weekdays. I just couldn't get up. No workout today. I'm not stressing about it. I am going to write my lesson plans and head to bed. I will do something in the morning.

Have a great night everyone! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.