(*)(*)(*)(*)clean&tidy wednesday(*)(*)(*)(*)

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning ladies,

We're up and at 'em today. Well, sort of. The girls are watching Snow White and we are still in lock down... Let me explain. We have these outdoor blind kind of things that cover all of our windows. I'm guessing it's for security or something but boy does it block out all the light. Doesn't really matter though. Sun doesn't rise until 9 or after anyway. Plus, it stays foggy for a full day at a time here. Tell me what that's about. Usually fog lifts with the sun... silly France.

Kate, finally got a chance to look at the pics! They're adorable. I love the ones of Julia sleeping and the snow playing ones. I'm a huge fan of candid pics!

Katie, I'm glad you enjoyed the blog. It at least gave me something to do yesterday. I'm looking forward to having a normal routine. I struggle with nothing to do.

Hope everyone has a great day. You should all peacefully be sleeping right now as it is 3 a.m. Actually, maybe my nursing mommies are up...

I am going to try to figure out what order I want to do CTX in. I didn't start with the first day but I'm not sure they should go in order anyway. Any suggestions? I may not even do it for 2 full weeks.

What's everyone's new years plans? Maybe I can live vicariously through you.

Time for some bfast... bbl.

angie

Good Morning Angie and all to follow!!

Angie, LOL at "lock down." I really did enjoy reading the blog. I have this simple little uninteresting life here in this relatively small town, and I won't ever have the adventures you are having so I will live vicariously through you. Did I mention before that my older brother and his wife just moved to Cairo, Egypt for a job? So I am reading about their crazy life on their blog too!! Congrats on getting in the workout, I'm sure that was huge in helping you feel some normalcy there. Not sure what to tell you about CTX. For awhile, just do what feels good.

Kate, I looked at the pictures too -- adorable!! The girls look exactly like you!! If I ever had a baby girl, I would have no idea how to raise her (I'm pretty good with boys, I think) but it sure would be fun to dress her! Those dresses are precious!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday was *mainly* clean -- I had a little run-in with a few potato chips at lunch time, and a bit of chocolate at dinner time. I put together my christmas presents for co-workers last night -- I got these adorable little felt "bags" that look like Santa's pants with the gold buckle and suspenders and white fluffy trim, and filled them each with candy and hot cocoa. I did sample a few pieces of candy while I put them together:eek:

Yestereday at work was super busy, more of the same today. Colleen, is it "meeting Wednesday" for you too?

Almost noon here. Girls are having ham and cheese (croque-monsieur) for lunch and I'm having more leftover chicken and asparagus. Bfast was special k... going to look for shredded wheat next time I'm at the store.

Katie, those bags are adorable!! You did tell me about your brother in Egypt. That's so awesome! Do they have kids? Egypt is definitely a place I'd like to visit, along with many others.

This morning I'm spending some time planning our trip to disney next week for xmas! I'm excited. I just hope it's not super cold. weather.com says about 40 and sun/fog. As long as it's not super windy and rainy, I think we'll be fine. Lots of trips inside for hot cocoa!!

Katie, did you get a WO in this AM?

good morning everyone

angie, what great pics on your blog! what part of france are you in again? what time does the sun set?

katie, good morning. sounds like you weathered yesterday well with a little choclate. i must confess, most days i have a smidge of choclate. hope you all do not kick me out of here! potatoe chips on the other hand, do nothing for me.

kate, i missed it - what did you bake yesterday? :) i need to make a pork crock pot meal today and also some lentils for me - ymmm..

hope you all are safe with this weather. we are getting 3-6 inches of snow today - i am excited! dinner was fun with my friend last night. i had a very clean salad with no bread. dang scale is not moving, though! oh well. tons of veggies for me today. i love home days b/c i can eat however i want, ie brocolli for breakfast if i want:) did my elliptical this am and gym style leg floor work. i will be back later for clean eats motivation.

glad you all enjoyed the pics!:D:D

amgie, for ctx.... theres something about putting a day between shouldres and biceps because your shoulders stabilize the bis. but thats about all of the non-help i can be! new years?.....sleeping!

katie, lol on girl/boy! i have 2 wild nephews and im so glad i have girls. every time mike is at school he comes home and says he's thankful we have girls too! cute santa pants! can i be your co-worker?

morris, i made a spiral glazed ham, mashed potato, roasted carrots, corn, homemade french bread, chocolate bundt cake, and homemade ice cream.:D
glad you had a good clean time last night!:p
my scale is stuck too.....

we got snow too! 2-hr delay for gina, cacelled for isabel! yahoo!!! its messing up my wo schedule tho! hope to do it this afternoon now... will be 4ds chest, sh, tris, 2x

clean eats thus far - shredded wheat ^ apple slices
l- plain, open-faced turkey sandwich & .......
d - leftover smorgasbord

Hi Everyone!

Quick hello before I run off for my morning meetings. This afternoon is potluck and happy hour so no meetings. Just holiday fun. We did get some ice here where I work last night and it was tricky getting home until I got far enough South that it was just rain. It was really weird to cross the ice/rain line while driving.

Need to run to my meeting. BBL!

Good morning!

No delays/cancellations here:( And no DH either. He came home yesterday at 5:45 and was gone by 6:30 with no dinner, poor guy. Couldn't get my workout in. Well I probably could've had I tried harder and not had so much pasta for lunch. And now today is going to be crazy-I need to pick up gift cards, treat bags for the girls teachers/classmates. Tomorrow they have their holiday parties. And I still need a few gifts and stocking stuffers. My driveway is covered with snow. Sigh. And it's not even 9:00. If I do workout it'll be yesterdays's 4DS KB/Abs. I need to get on the ball and stop my nightime noshing. I had two cookies and 10 chocolate covered pretzels last night out of pure boredom. Gee, wonder why the scale is stuck!

Angie, j'aime beaucoup ton blog. C'est amusant de voir la vie en France avec toi. Ou habites-tu? With CTX make sure you put a day between Leaner Legs and the workout with the leg drills, can't remember which one it is. As for bread and butter-when I lived in France our afternoon snack was a baguette spread with butter and topped with...dark chocolate! I'm suprised I didn't come home as big as a house! And my first meal when I came home after almost 3 months was Taco Bell:)

Katie, you did better than me with the treats!

Kate, your dinner sounds awesome. We're having a ham for Christmas Eve at the FIL's and Christmas day for brunch at our house. I'll only eat it once though-at my house;)

Morris, have fun with the snow. It is beautiful to look at, but I wish I could enjoy it with DH and the girls:( Oh well, it could be worse-he could be home with NO job! So I suppose I should be thankful, right?

Robin, we got our tree for free! Turns out Darrin's boss' FIL had 3 new trees ha'd bought years ago and when he heard Darrin was having a hard time finding one, told him to help himself-to a 7 1/2ft pre-lit:) Hope you snag a bargain!

Colleen, have a good day.

Anne, I hope we can work something out for the KB. That would be so much fun!

b-kashi w/raspberries
s-apple, string cheese
l-soup
s-?
d-?

bbl...

klaudia, okay, this is kinda freakin' me out - we have so many similarities!:eek: I kid you not....when I got back fom france my first meal was taco bell too!!!! Spooky!

When we have ham I have one small piece and never leftover.

Hope you get your WO today - sounds like a busy day for you! I have to get stuff around for DDs class parties too....:eek: tomorrow I guess!

Hope Darrin gets some rest when he gets home. That would be such a hard schedule!

The girls are outside playing in the snow! Wish I could be out there with them. Julia's conked out.

Anne, do/did you go to Waverly Hill to sled? We used to live so close to there and I love it! Before Mike and I were dating we went there with a bunch of people and he accidentally SLEDDED OVER MY FACE! :D I was so in high school-lust I didn't even care!:D We laugh about that every winter!

Better get cracking on my chores! With any luck I can do my weights after I get Gina on the bus!

Wow, talk about a sleepyhead--I didn't wake up until an hour and a half past my normal wake up time, yikes! :eek: So, I was over an hour late to work today. Luckily, I work in at a place that doesn't mind that if it doesn't happen often. Which it doesn't for me, it's very rare that I oversleep like that. Guess I was tired.

Needless to say, no workout this morning. And tonight is dinner with girlfriends, so no work out then either. I'll try to get up tomorrow, but we'll see.

Angie, your blog is great! It's so fun to read about your adventures. As for CTX, the work out Klaudia's referring to is Power Circuit. Just don't do that one and Leaner Legs in a row. Other than that, any order is fine.

Katie, those Santa pants are adorable! You're so sweet to give your co-workers gifts.

Kate, I've never been sledding on Waverly Hill, but what a good idea! We could probably pick up a cheap one at Meijer. And Mike sledded over your face? You're a good egg to forgive that!

Klaudia, the kettlebell thing would be awesome. Let's try to figure something out after the holidays. I could kidnap Kate and bring her with me, too. :p

Robin, did you find a tree?

Morris, what are you up to today?

Colleen, have fun with your holiday cheer! We're having a holiday lunch tomorrow.

Who did I forget? I'll figure it out and come back. Have a good day, everyone!

anne

finn and i just played outside for a good 35 minutes before he complained of snow. it was such fun, and nice that aidan was napping! snack was string cheese, few nuts:), apple.

anne, how nice you can be late at work. where are you going with your girlfriends?

kate, do the girlsw play outside alone? hard to believe my boys will one day be old enough for that.

klaudia, your snack doesn't sound too bad, but i know what you mean about boredom eating. for me, anxiety driven eating is worse. and your tree sounds cool! hope darrin gets some rest:(

well, off to nurse baby, then do errands with both boys - it should be an adventure.

Workout done - and it was a burner! Munching on my clif bar... what Isabel didnt eat of it tht is!

Morris, It took a lot for me to let them outside alone to play. Even now I still look outside every 2 minutes. It helps knowing Mufasa is out there too. He is 100% harmless but I'm sure he looks pretty intimidating to anyone driving by. We live out in the country too. We can see our neighbors but would have to shout to have a conversation.

Youre so good doing errands with both kids! I never go out anymore! Julia can hardly stay awake still - 90 min. tops and then she wants her nap again. And it is NO FUN being out woth a tired baby!

How fun you got to play in the snow! I did for a few min. while we were waiting fo rhte bus.

----
Anne the Sleepyhead, Have fun tonight! Where are you goign? I would love dinner out!!! I think maybe next week Mike and I and Julia are goign to go out. i really want to go to Champps!!!!!

-------
Threw out the bundt cake. I knew it would be too tempting today at home all day. Buh-bye calories!

Off to play Kitchen with Isabel.....it's gonna be a looooong snow day!:D

Hey all, the dinner attempt for tonight is beef stroganoff. I'll let you know how it turns out. Glad everyone liked my blog. It gives me something to do anyway.

Robin, hope you were successful in the christmas tree hunt!

Kate, glad you got some fun snow and the girls are enjoying it! Good job with throwing out the bundt cake. Every time I hear that word it reminds me of that scene from My Big Fat Greek Wedding. :)

Colleen, hope the pot luck and meetings went well. Drive safely. I hate winter driving. It's super foggy here sometimes and it lasts all day - so weird.

Klaudia, I'm glad you enjoyed my blog. We live in a small town called Dainville but it's right outside of Arras. You can find it on a map. :) About 90 min north of Paris. (It sounds so weird to say that). Thanks for the tips on CTX. Also, the bread and butter will be the death of me, I'm sure of it.

Anne, I'm always thankful for some extra sleep - thank goodness your job is flexible!

Morris, good luck on errands with your boys - I feel the same way about letting my girls play outside by themselves. In AZ I always had to worry about snakes, spiders, scorpions, etc. Here, it's just rainy. :(

And to chime in with the kid discussion, I always thought I wanted a boy but now I'm thankful I have girls. Not sure I'd know how to handle a boy! Kate, what will you do if you have a boy for the 4th?

Back to cooking...

angie, good luck w/ dinner!!!!
if i havea boy??? i'll cry! seriously. my biggest reason for not wanting a boy is circumcision. it would KILL me to do it, but mike totlly insists. and i suppose it is cleaner, but.....i'd be mutilating my baby! morris, katie, how did you guys do w/ it?

got so much cleanmax done during our playtime!! am i mary poppins or what?:p

Kate, that was my reason for not wanting a boy, too. Being Orthodox, we don't circumcise, but Darrin would've wanted to, too. Now I have 3 divas to deal with;)

I'm going downstairs as soon as the girls finish lunch. My awesome dad called and volunteered to come over-again-so I can finish up my shopping! He is simply the best grandpa/dad around! I need to get him something really nice for Christmas to thank him for his dedication.

My girls never play outside alone-we have the crazy scissor lady who lives next door, no fence and if Nevena sees them outside she wants to go out too. I bring my stack of magazines and park it on the patio or driveway-or they wait til Dad comes home;)

klaudia, what an awesome dad! volunteering?! im jealous!

i am so hungry!!!! waiting for julia to finish her lunch so i can get mine!!!:eek::D:D

Wow, you're not going to believe this. I went to lunch with a co-worker of mine. We went to a local place (Soup Spoon Cafe, Kate, it's on Michigan, not far from the Capitol). There were 3 people waiting to get seated and we knew two of them! One is a professor with my co-worker's ex-husband and the other is the dad of one of my college roommates! I haven't seen him in at least 15 years. He's the nicest guy, too. His daughter's a sociopath, but he's great. So, we all ended up having lunch together. It was really fun.

Tonight we're going to Clara's, also on Michigan near the Capitol. I'll try to be good...

See you all in a bit!

anne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.