*~*Cheetahs*~* Thursday

Good morning ladies!

Just sittin' down with my cup o' capp and I'll be right back with yesterday's personals.

Feeling sooooooo much better this morning but figured I'd skip the workout this morning in lieu of another tough day at work. I want to get rid of this crud for good and not chance it getting a hold of me again.

Wendy - I did get your PM last week...thank you:)!

BRB....

Christine: Wow, the snow is creeping ever closer to ya, huh? ;) In the 20's, REALLY? YIKES! Stay warm. We are supposed to get snow tomorrow. I have plans to go out tmrw night but if the weather is going to be crappy I'm not goin' anywhere!:eek:

Carole: The snow stopped and melted fairly quickly but they are calling for more tmrw now. Glad you didn't gain weight while you were away. Always a relief. My DH has a friend who's nickname is RoadKill. He got the name because he was hit by a car walking to school one day. Nice, right? :confused:

Dallas: You are like the KB sale cop lately, girl! LOL Thanks for the info though. :) Yeah, I ordered the 30 pound bell for swings but I have to wonder now if I jumped the gun. I wanted something heavier but perhaps 25 would have been enough!? :eek: Who knows...we'll see. I'm sure I'll grow into the 30 pounder eventually if nothing else. I also want to buy a lighter bell (10 pounds) because I have a dvd that definately calls for it. I couldn't do alot of the moves even with just 15 pounds. For that, I'll just go to target or Sports Authority.

Shelly: Hope you stayed safe driving in the icy conditions yesterday. We went out last night and purchased a gift for DH's niece. We have a few more things to do but I think all of the major stuff is done. YAY! :D So I finally got the TNT info emailed to me. There is an information meeting I will going to on Jan 22 and then the "kick off" meeting on Feb 3rd so I guess OFFICIAL training with TNT begins after the "kick off".

Brighton: What kind of cookies did you make for DS' school party? Get those cards written out and mailed yet? How'd the tempo run go?

Linda: I know STS is coming out soon but I am still going to start the KB rotation and if I want to stop it short to begin STS then that's fine and if not, then that's fine too. I may need a couple weeks to psych myself up for a 3 month long rotation anyway! :p That group run sounded really nice. Did you do it last night? I don't blame ya if you didn't due to the weather though.

Jackie: Soooo glad your BIL will be okay. :) I love the bells. Nice change. Looking forward to starting my next rotation with them. After that is complete it should be STS time! :D Did you order STS? I can't recall. The eating is going well and I am feeling/looking better. The scale hasn't moved too much but as long as I what I see in the mirror looks better and eventually my clothes FIT better, I'll be fine. I cheated last night for dinner but had been good for days prior to it's okay. ;)

Christine: Glad you are feeling better and that you enjoyed LIC y'day. Yeah a med induced daze is better then being exhausted and/or feeling like crap. LOL at the snoring story. Funny! I used to date a big time snorer. Drove me outta my mind! :eek::D

Wendi: Hope you got those cards banged out last night! Glad you are feeling better. Don't push thru a work out this morning if you are still on the bubble. You don't want a relapse. (((healthy hugs))) comin' your way!

So today is the start of week 4 (final week) of the GRFS rotation and it calls for CTX upper body split plus abs from something else. I have today off though so I definately want to hit the tm for a run. I will do that as soon as I drop DS off at school and then if I am up for it I will do the weight work later in the day. If not, I'll start week 4 tmrw. It's all good either way. :)

Last edited:
Cathy - I just about lost it when I read the thread title yesterday...right there with ya:eek::confused:. Try not to sweat the Easy Cheese;)...I know you'll probably get some monster workouts in during your vacay. I'm so glad you get a nice, well deserved break! Hmpf, I can already see me losing Weds off next week...we're supposed to get another storm on Weds and I have a feeling bosshole will tell her she should leave Tues night. Whatever:rolleyes:. I *love* my job, or so I have to keep telling myself:rolleyes: and bosshole:rolleyes:. Do ya think I've rolled my eyes enough:p?

Wendy - How's them KB legs doin' today? Good thing you had that rest day yesterday, eh? Hope you're able to get that run and workout as planned. Aww, thanks for the healthy hugs...much appreciated! I promise to be smart;). I'm embarrassed to admit that I skipped the cards last night and headed for bed:eek:...will have a chance to do them today at work.

Christine - Awwww, very sweet of DH to not disturb ya. LOL, I'm glad that I can sleep sitting up (which I had to do a couple of nights ago) so I can avoid that problem. Great job with LIC...wish I could have joined ya on that one but just not quite up to it yet:(. I like that one when I don't feel like I've got a lot to give. Wow, amazing weather you guys have had out there:eek:! I mean snow in Malibu?????

Carole - Welcome back! Glad you had a fab time with your BF! LOL, yeah I don't know how people can go all day without food and then eat it all at once. I would not be very nice to be around if I had to eat like that;). Oooh, fantastic workout!

Dallas - Oh my about your BIL! Unbelievable:confused::mad:! He and and your DS are in my prayers. Too funny about the gift mix up! LOL about your computer being haunted:eek:!!! Awww, what a sweet story about your most meaningful gift.

Shelly - Thank you for the lovely card and very sweet sentiment:eek::). Welcome to the snowy northeast:D:p! Looks like we're about to get a walloping over the next bunch of days...take it easy out there! That's incredibly generous of you to take that shift from the other nurse:D. I, personally, wouldn't mind having to work Christmas (done it for the last 10 years) but my mother, grandmother and DSO are all kind of pissed cuz they are coming and they'll be sitting in my house watching tv while I'm working. There is a little more to the difficulties I'm having with bosshole but I'm not about to go into it here...nor would my blood pressure appreciate it:mad:. Wow, monster workout(s) yesterday...you're amazing!

Brighton - Congrats on getting those ornaments done...right there with ya on that one just having finished mine yesterday lol:p! I hope the weather holds for you to spend the evening with your friends...sounds lovely! Glad that your back on track with your runs again! Your friend continues to be in my prayers.

Linda - Oh, that run through City Park sounds delightful...I hope the weather allowed you to do it! Don't ya hate when you turn off your alarm? I've been doing that for about two weeks now and IT MUST STOP lol!

Jackie - It sounds like your BIL has a tremendously close family. I find it extremely disheartening to see what our society is coming to. My continued {{{HUGS}}} and prayers are coming your way! Great job shooting from the hip;)!

Wanted to give a giant shout out to Gloria (thanks for the card!), Posh, Judy, Laura and Karen.

Gotta get going here and get my buttski out the door. I doubt I'll have time to stop in before bowling so I guess I'll "see" you gals tomorrow! Have a good one!

Hi Cheetahs!

Wendi – Hope you’re feeling better! Yes, LIC is a great one for not having a lot to give. Nice and gentle. Well, we’re north of Malibu – we’re more in the middle of the state. But, we rarely get snow like that. Enjoy bowling!

Dallas – LOVED your meaningful gift story! How sweet! I’m sure I snored away against last night. :rolleyes: I woke up once! Again, I am in a drug haze, but that will wear off. My computer has done that – randomly started playing music. I even shut down all programs and it still played. Weird! I thought it was haunted.

Wendy – yep, temps still in the 20’s this morning! Jimmy is full of himself! He loves the cold weather. Enjoy your snow!

Today will be fun – my voice is gone! :eek: Oh well, my customers will hopefully be more sympathetic. Today is cardio. Not sure what yet, but I’ll do something. Have a great day all!

Good morning!

Dallas – Awww! I loved your story about your most meaningful gift! That is wonderful! LOL about your elderly aunt thinking you were your mother! A “Hug A Bunch” was a rather large stuffed doll from the 80’s. Her arms/hands would connect with Velcro and she was holding a small version of herself…that had a name different from her. I lost my “small” one 

Wendi – Oh my! It sounds like you were feeling rather ….uh…awful…horrible! I am sorry! I am glad you are feeling better! I think that is a very good idea to “not” workout today! We ended up “not”doing the run  It was too nasty outside and she was sick with that stomach bug that is going around. Yes, I have got to stop turning my alarm off! I did get to workout last night….but it is so much easier to stay on track if I just get up everyday and get it done early!

Christine - Oh my! I can just imagine the aroma with all of that garlic salt on the road! Did you “entertain the neighborhood” again last night? Oh no! I am sorry your voice is gone!!! That is no fun 

Jackie – Great job on your workout yesterday! Are you enjoying “Shred”? I really need to do that again!

Brighton – That is really so sad about your friend  I hope and pray that she has more “good” days than “bad” days”

Wendy – LOL…yes, you are very correct about needed to get psyched up to stick to a rotation for three months! Keep me posted on what you think of the KB rotation! I do want to do one! I have “got” to get some use out of the KBs!!! We ended up not doing the run last night  It was nasty outside and Patty had that stomach bug.

Last night I ended up doing Imax 3 and all of B&Gs (minus the core). I had so much fun! It has been soooo long since I have done a step workout!

Hey to everyone and I hope everyone has a great day!

Linda

Good morning cheetahs

Wendy....OMG on your DH's Roadkill friend! Some nicknames are just not nice...Enjoy your TM run and upper body work.

Wendi..glad you are feeling better today. I think my BF has eaten that way forever! Like I said I might have eaten like that in college but could never now. Enjoy bowling tonight.

Christine...I even used the Mozilla's email program Thunderbird for a few years until my ISP changed their server, now Thunderbird does not work well so I had to switch to their webmail which is gmail. 26 here this morning...I will wait a bit before I run! LOL about your snoring! Does DH not know you snore more when you have a cold!! WOW..I am sure that Garlic salt on the roads would have me hungry all day long!! Sorry about your voice disappearing. I have never had that pleasure...:)

Linda..My BF and I used to eat brownies a lot in college. I always put regular M&M's in them so they were quite chocolaty and sweet...I have not eaten one in years though, I just prefer salt! My DH said Beau also enjoyed the snow this last weekend. He is a nut for a dog...:)...Great workout last night.

Shelly...I am sure most people that do the "one meal" can have some weight issues. My BF looks fine. She does get in a lot of exercise mainly walking. I am glad I took things like my cereal, triscuits and then bought other stuff I needed. I HAVE to have a salad daily. I used to have a huge weakness like you for cheese. Over the years it has dissipated. How was the run and circuit yesterday?

Brighton...LMBO reading "Frah-gee-lay"...:D..:D..I might have to watch that movie this weekend! StepBlast has always been a fav step workout of mine. SJ&P can get me out of a "I don't wanna workout" mood. I have not done any of the TS workouts for a long time, but they are great in a time crunch.

Jackie..thanks for the update on your BIL. What a relief to know he will be OK. Good to hear his 2 sons will be there for him. I might have done the "one meal" thing with my BF in college, but I could never do it now! I do agree that eating more meals a day could help your DBF with colds. Good workout yesterday.

Dallas...Loved your meaningful gift story....:)..Sounds like your BIL has been through a lot. Bless him and his family. It is crappy about crime this time of the year. IA about the economy being bad for some time...Next year might be tough for many! Enjoy the X-mas parties at school.

Today is 4DS C&B, abs and a 6-7 mile easy run (hopefully when it warms up a bit!!)..it is 26 now!

Have a great day...
elf2.gif

Haven't read yesterday's thread or today's because today was my *garage* sale. Will catch up and BBL--may be tomorrow as it is already supper time here.

Yesterday I ended up not working out because I was too busy getting ready for the sale. It was supposed to be some kind of step workout. Today was a 3 mile pace run, which I did do. I want to re-drive the route because my time was much faster than I thought I could go. That would be good news--but I'm doubting if I really did it in 25:15. Granted, I chose the flattest route I could, where as my normal route has lots of hills. So . . . .maybe. But that just seems fast. Anyway, I'll re-drive the route with the odometer again to check the distance.

It was certainly challenging to go for 3 miles at a fast clip. The drills on Monday were tough, but it was only for 1/4 mile. I think it's going to be fun to do different kinds of running and not just slogging through tons of miles.

OK. Sorry for the "me" post. Hope you gals are great.

Mornin' Cheetahs! :D

Well, I got about 4.5 miles tempo done yesterday with DH-- was huffing & puffing pretty good by the end of it... Did pretty well, but didn't quite get the mileage I was aiming for (5)-- but just felt like I was going to overdo if I didn't stop. Today's workout will depend on how much time I end up having-- so many errands to run and chores to do. May have to bring out the Timesaver DVD again. ;)

Dallas: That is too funny about the present swap!!!!! :D I'm laughing just thinking about that again! I am so sorry to hear about your sister & BIL's hardships. OMG. Williams-Sonoma. Yes, I could buy every piece of merchandise in that store, too. :D We have one close by, and I make a point of it NOT to go in there too often! :p Re:the tumeric & ginger; I usually just keep things simple and get high quality supplements in capsules at the natural foods store. I take a couple before bed and let it work its magic while I'm a-snoozin'. ;) Although a smoothie sounds very intriguing-- do you have a recipe? :) Re:posh-- do you have her trapped in your computer? :) Maybe the Frank song is her plea for help! :D Loved your meaningful gift story. So glad your reunion was a positive one.

Jackie: SO happy to hear that your BIL is expected to be okay. (((HUGS))) and well-wishes for a smooth recovery... I also worry about this sort of thing escalating with the economy the way it is... Lots of prayers being said for our President-Elect! :) Yes, I did get the lights & ornaments on the tree-- now the next big task is getting the gifts wrapped! :p Ah, there's always something... :)

Christine: LOL about the garlic salt! Too, too funny! 'Bout busted a gut over your vampire remark. :)

Wendi: I am so sorry you're feeling so crummy. Get well wishes coming your way! :) Glad that you were able to have a relaxing day yesterday. Hope you're able to get the workout in today as planned!

Wendy: I actually made Benne Wafers for DS's class. I was asked to make them-- I'd never had them before. They were learning about Hanukkah & Kwanzaa in addition to their Christmas celebration. Apparently Benne Wafers are a West African cookie, and from what I hear they're also popular in some parts of the US South. Anyway, they're a crunchy cookie made with toasted sesame seeds. I really liked them, but they have waaaaay too much butter for this Cheetah... I will be very happy when they're gone! :p

Linda: Thanks... :) I'm worrying about meeting the gang for our Christmas Lights soiree-- it's a blizzard outside AGAIN... :confused: Guess the weathermen were a little off... :( Hopefully it will clear out (and the roads will be cleared off) by tonight. Super tough workout last night-- WTG!

Carole: SJ&P is a fave of mine too on those days I just have little desire to work out. Just such a fun one. Don't know why I don't reach for Step Blast more... probably because SJ&P has the weights, so I just go for that one instead. Glad "frah-gee-lay" made you smile-- it never gets old for me either! :D Hope you're able to get that run in today-- stay warm! :)

Laura: Great job on your run yesterday! Hope your garage sale went well! :)

Hello, hello to Cathy, Posh, Shelly, Karen, & Judy!

Last edited:
Good morning Cheetahs!

Christine - I heard about the garlic salt on the road. One man said his dog smelled it and licked his pants. :D Glad you enjoyed LIC! I haven't done a workout from that series in a little while. Cute and funny about the snoring! :D How sweet that DH knew you needed the extra sleep. How's the cold? About ready to send it out the door? Maybe you can text message your customers. :D I'm just being silly. Hope the voice comes back soon. Enjoy your cardio today.

Wendi - ((((HUGS)))) Feel better. Hope you went for an easy workout or better yet no workout at all. Glad to read you're feeling better and that you decided to skip the workout. Have a great bowling game tonight.

Dallas - Thanks for understanding. Right now we just want to make sure BIL will get back to a normal life. Xrays showed he had a crack in his pelvis but will not require additional surgery. Sis says he mostly sleeping from all the pain meds. But, they had him sitting up for an hour and walking a little yesterday. Sure wish I were closer. Sis and family from MI will go through there on their way here for Christmas. Of course, if things get worse, I'll hop on a plane in a heartbeat. Have fun at the Christmas parties.

Wendy - I didn't order STS. I may later after I hear some reviews. I was really only interested in the second cycle though. I ordered Chalean Extreme and have received a shipping notification already. Will let you know what I think about them next month because that will be my rotation. Glad the eating is going well. As long as you're happy with "you" that's all that matters. We all know you won't let things get too far out of hand. Have a fun workout!

Linda - I enjoy Shred as long as I can do 2 sessions or add another workout to it. It's not enough on its own for me. They are great little workouts though. Glad you enjoyed Imax 3. Maybe I'll get back to some step one day.

Carole - Yum! M&M's in brownies sounds absolutely heavenly. I think when DBF started eating at least 3 meals a day, he lost some weight too. But, it has stalled for him because he won't change his workout routine. At least, he's not gaining. Enjoy C&B and your run.

Laura - Good luck with the garage sale. Glad you were able to get a short run in today. I think you could have run 3 miles in that time especially if it was a flat run.

Brighton - Good job on the tempo run. Those are always my least favorite but they do help so much with a race. Like the Timesaver workouts during December. Just so much going on then. Hope you get all your errands done today.

I took today off. Thought I'd stay up and watch A Christmas Carol last night but it wasn't happening. I slept in until 6:30 this morning. Today's workout was iTri Reverse. Instead of doing the cycle part, I did Jillian's Cardio Kickbox. Then it was on to the EXT with Keith and the TM with Grace. This was a fast and flat run until the end when she threw in a big hill. My legs were really warm and I decided to keep up with the runners. Finished up with Yoga Relax.

It's cold, rainy and dreary here. I'll get some laundry done and hopefully get some gifts wrapped. I have a waxing appointment at 3:45. OUCH!!

Enjoy your day.

Hey Loverlies.

I banged out a 5.31 mile run this morning with Grace. Felt great on my kettlebell legs! :eek: LOL My goal is to run 5 miles 3x per week minimum up until I start training with TNT. Let's hope I can pull it off! LOL

Brighton: Nice run. Okay so you were short a bit from your goal. No biggie. Run .5 longer next time! ;) Those cookies sound awesome! Butter RULES! Unfortunately it is a BIG no no for us fitness/health minded folk. :(

Laura: That's a great time for 3 miles and I'll bet you really did it! You said yourself you ran flat instead of hilly this time! Good for you! So was your garage sale a success?

Carole: Wow, Cali is getting hit with some cold temps! Jeesh! I feel sorry for you gals! :( Enjoy your work out! Yeah, that's a horrible nickname but it's almost better then his good friend's nickname which is @$$hole. He was hit by the same car. They were walking together but I guess he had already gotten his nickname chosen for him prior to the accident. LOL He's actually a nice guy believe it or not! LOL

Linda: Sorry Patty had the bug. Too bad the weather didn't hold out for you to go on that run anyway. Oh well. I guess we can't have it all. I was driving to the gym this morning to jump on the warm treadmill thinking about the cold long runs I have in store in a couple of months with training! YIKES! I hope I get the cold gear I asked for for Christmas!:eek: I'll post my kb rotation for you once I create it.

Christine: Sorry you lost your voice! When I went for my massage/facial the gal that did the facial could barely talk. My dog loves the cooler temps too! Not in the 20's. That's too cold for him but 30's and 40's and he'll stay out there all damn day! :)

Wendi: Sorry you didn't get the cards done but you needed your rest. Enjoy bowling tonight!!! My legs are still sore from the kb work out. OUCHEES! :eek:

All caught up!

BBL!

Finding some time for quick personals, as I still have lesson plans to do....

Cathy: IA that the sequal is not so good. We are done after tomorrow. I have done the fundraiser pick up thing too. No worries on the Easy Cheese, you will get back on track. :)

Wendy: Good idea to up the mileage for the training. I have to wrap my head around the training. It is overwhelming right now. Great job with the KBs!

Wendi: Hi! I can't remember if I thanked you for your card. It is also very pretty! Have fun bowling!

Christine: Your snoring can't be worse than mine! I am terrible. My poor DH has to deal with my nightmares in the middle of the night, squirming all over the place, and this is gross, but I sweat a lot too. I am not that old, but I already have the night sweats. LIC is a fun one! Oh how nice you will have some time off! :) I have picked out my student's piece to share with you. It is not perfect, but so good to me. I think you will like it!

Linda: My DH is full of "ideas," or shall I say, BS. He has tried to convince me to move to North Dakota. Apparently, it is stellar bird hunting. Um, no thanks. Too dang cold for me. B&G and Imax 3!!!!! I think your new Cheetah name should be "Crazy Cheetah" like Shelly! Rock on with all that! Wow!

Carole: Your "Roadkill" customer must have been something to deal with! Glad you had a nice time with your friends! There is a restaurant in MT that is traditional Mexican. It had the best of everything! It looked like a dive, but oh so good! Hope you had a good workout! Good job avoiding the brownies!

Laura: I respect your food intake decisions. :) It makes sense to me.

Brighton: I have been a runner for a long time, but what the heck is a tempo run? I guess I have to read the marathon books I have. :eek: Glad you are feeling better. I read your blog. You are a very good writer!

Jackie: I am a hairy beast, so I can't imagine what a waxing might feel like. You are welcome for the card! How is your BIL? Awesome workout!

I ran 5 miles yesterday and today my hip flexor was talking to me, so I rested. Who knows where that came from. We do this cool thing at school called the "Birthday Club." You are assigned a person to bring in a treat for their birthday. My person is vegetarian who loves hummus. I was busy last night cutting up veggies and making my creamy and black bean hummus. I also bought some of the Sabra hummus, cookies, and chips and salsa just in case they didn't like my homemade stuff. I was pleased that it was a hit. My hip flexor is still hurting, so if I am not feeling up to snuff tomorrow, I will do some upper body weights.

Shout out to Shelly and anyone else I missed. I will talk to you soon!

Pip chewed the cord to my iron and I have never gone to school without ironed clothes. This is problematic. I am the type of person who irons jeans and t-shirts. I am working on plan B.

Good night Cheetahs!:)

Gloria,

Trust me, the thought of training for this mary is overwhelming for me too and I'm not nearly as busy as you are on a regular basis!:eek: For a short time I was feeling like perhaps I shouldn't do it right now but then I suddenly got excited about it again. I think I'll regret it if I don't go for it. I just keep tellin' myself that I never have to do it again if I don't want to once I cross that finish line in May! ;) So you really iron everything? My grandma was like that. She would iron my grandpa's boxer shorts and hankerchiefs! I find it quite amusing. My mom enjoys ironing too-must be hereditary. LOL Me though? I hate it and avoid it at all costs. I can probably count on one hand how many times I've used my iron in the almost 6 years I've owned it! :p Sorry about the hip flexor not being happy. Hope it clears up overnight for ya.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.