*~*~*~Tuesday MELTERS~*~*~*

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Morning all!

Sorry for the uninspired title. I'm completely dead-tired today. Stupid PMS.

Yes, that is my Sadie. Silly dog. She lies around like that a lot.

Tneah - could you imagine what cute pups Sadie and George would have? And I'm not a size 0! I'm a 6 here, which is a 4 there!

Leanne - yes, I wore a new pair of pants yesterday. Black with really teeny white pinstripes.

Jennifer - What is Apollo?

Kara - I'm so happy to see you here!!! Yes, Sadie LOOKS precious but really she's the devil in disguise. She thinks she can get away with things because she's cute. So I keep telling her she's NOT cute. Doesn't work though:p

Okay, I'm going to hit the shower. Maybe that will wake me up. Oh, and I didn't get up and work out this morning. I turned the alarm off and went back to sleep.

Hello Melters.

Shelley- I would take either size 6 or 4 from wherever. I'm holding onto a size 9 (junior). Apollo Anton Ono, a US Olympic Speed Skater that won season 4 Dancing with The Stars.

Tneah-are you home now or still in SD?

Leanne-how are you?

Kara-where are you from? I live in MI, currently on the western side about one hour from Lake MI..

Today, my foot is not sore and it feels great. Seville is bird watching from the perch in the front room and Madrid is sleeping in a chair right next to me. Haven't decided whether to workout or not tonight. My friend, Michele, who I hung out with last Saturday found out you can't drink and lose weight. She didn't gain, but more important to her, she didn't lose. We talked about it before her friends getting together and the results after. Instead of working out, she has decided to walk. She'll do Cathe when our weather turns cold again.

Have a Great Day!!

Good morniing melty group.

Shelley, Sadie is so obviously cute that she would never believe you. Besides, I bet your SO and DD tell her she's cute behind your back.

Leanne, yes, the swelling stopped as soon as I took the benydryl and my lip was back to normal by the next day. I don't know what causes it. Sometimes the tip on one finger will swell. I think it's some kind of hive, but can't put my finger on the cause.

Kara, Greyor is doing pretty well. He is very developmentally delayed, but he keeps making progress. A therapist told us that as long as he is progressing, it's good. He's got 3 1/2 teeth, a headful of hair and is as cute as the cutest button you can imagine.

I'm hoping to do Amy's In the Ring in a bit. I'm meeting my friend for bagels and picking up some groceries first. I have to clean the familyroom carpet today too. See you all later.

Robin-do you like In the Ring? Your swelling sounds like an allergic reaction to me. Have you been to Urgent care when it happens so they can take a sample of it?

Hey everyone,

It's 6:00 here, and I'm heading out the door for work. I'll try to check in tonight when I get home, but, otherwise, I'll see you all tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great day!:)

I'm wiped out today, too, Shelley. Also PMS. It's finally getting to that time on my 3-month pills.

I'm about to go out and get some groceries--want to get it over with early when the store's not too busy. I hope to try a new kettlebell workout later, if I am awake enough. x( Isaac has his second T-ball game tonight at 6:30 so I also have to figure out how to feed them before or after.

Man, so tired. Maybe I might have a nap before T-ball.

Hope to BBL for personals if I manage to stay awake.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

Good Morning All!:)

It's raining....oh dear, that is the worst when you are on a boat.x(
Sounds like everyone might be a tad tired and might I say a bit grouchy because of it?;)Poor Shelley and Lainie, PMS rears its ugly head once again.}(

Shelley, in my eyes, a 4 and a zero are kinda the same thing..tiny!:7 My Gap cargos are a size 2, but so what, they run big and stretch out so I don't count those.;) It is nice for me to see little numbers, but that number thing is all in my head,just like when I get on the scale...ugh.And trying on pants in Canada would slay me for sure!Oh dear, I will stick to American sizing thank you very much. Hope your tiny arse feels better soon, your PMS lasts about a week right? Oh, and yes! The darling puppies, and what personalities they would have!

Robin, enjoy that bagel, and more importantly, your friends company today.:)

Jennifer, have a great day, hope it finds your ankle feeling better.

Leanne, hope you can check back in later on today!

Lainie, hey sleepyhead, have fun grocery shopping, it seems that is a I do when I am down here, we cannot store alot of stuff on the boat.Do you drink coffee in the morning? Would that help a little? I know I could not function without my large mug in the AM.

Well, gotta do some work related things on the computer today, then I thought I might go explore the mall and look around for that elusive dress...x( hate trying stuff on. Today I have chest/arms on tap, so better get my butt moving, will be back later.

Good morning, everyone! Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I really appreciate it!

Tneah—the pic of my DD in my avatar was taken 7 years ago and helps remind me that her independent spirit can be cute (notice the shoes are on the wrong feet). She is adorable though, for the most part! That is interesting that your trainer allowed Diet Coke with Splenda. I have been struggling with caffeine withdrawal headaches, so have been drinking some of it and it isn’t bad. I wish I didn’t enjoy carbonation! I recently began splitting my weights (afternoon) and cardio (morning) and the results have been great!

Shelley—sorry about the PMS. My nurse practitioner recommended chaste berry, have you ever tried it? Hmmm…somehow I think Sadie just knows she’s cute regardless of what you tell her!

Jennifer—Hi! I have been in Nashville for almost 3 years, was in SW Florida for a year before that, and spent most of my life in WI. There were a few brief moves to Dallas and UT as well. All of my family lives in WI. Where is Grand Rapids? I hope your foot heals quickly!

Robin—that is wonderful that Greyor is progressing! Oh, I can just picture his little teeth! Do you like Amy’s In the Ring? I have it, but haven’t even previewed it yet. Have fun with your friend!

Leanne—have a good day at work!

Lainie—Hi! I joined this great group yesterday. Have you been using kettlebells for awhile? I started a couple of months ago and love them! In fact, my Mother’s Day requests were all kettlebell related! I hope you begin to feel more energetic.

Well, ladies, I did S&H legs yesterday using my weight vest and BB and can barely sit today. I ran sprints this morning and didn’t realize how sore I was until afterwards! Ugh. Anyway, later I will do GS Chest & Tris. Now it is off to the grocery store and more decluttering.

Kara
:) ;-) :eek: }( :p :7 Ok, still having smiley face problems. I copied and pasted, but where, oh where, did they paste? So, I added them at the end. Use at your discretion! :p

Hi Kara! Nice to see you this morning, you are so right about the chaste berry, it works super duper for PMS. Also, I discovered my progesterone levels are low so my doc put me on a tiny bit that I take for 12 days during the middle of my cycle, it is helping with the PMS and the occasional night sweats I am starting to get at the tender age of 41.:)
Sprints? You go! WOW, I wish I could do sprints, had my hip replaced and cannot run like that anymore, but know if you want to get into shape fast, running and sprinting will do it.I lived in Utah too! That is where our company is actually, and we live in Vegas now. Was an interesting time, living in Utah.;)

I am stalling this morning, its raining cats and dogs out there!
Oh, and happened upon a fabulous fragrance the other day, its by Vera Wang and its called "Bouquet". Very pretty, and I usually am not attracted to these types of smells, it must have amber or vanilla in it.

I wear "Amazing Grace" by Philosphy during the daytime when I am in Las Vegas. Although, I might have to change that to the new Vera Wang, the Amazing Grace doesn't stick around long enough.. At night I wear Narcisco Rodreiguez (sp)its really amber, vanilla, woodsy and sexy.I like the lotion best, and use it after my nighttime bath...yum.

When I am here in SD its "Lovely" by SJP, love that stuff, and Amber Romance by Victoria's Secret. And I found some wonderful lotion called Egyptian Musk at Henri's Marketplace--it is sorta like a Whole Foods store, it smells divine.

I know you all were interested in that right?:p What do you guys wear? Are you a perfume junkie or a soap and water type? I trying to get your minds off work and PMS here, work with me people.:7

Tneah, just so you know, I could never fit into a size 2 at the Gap. So much for me being the skinny one, huh?;) As for scent, my fave was Simple White by The Gap, but they don't make it anymore and I haven't had the time to try to find something else I love.

Kara - Your DD must be around the same age as mine. Sophie's 10. Isn't it challenging? Re. the emoticons, you can't put them in after you type or they all end up at the end of your post. You have to do them as you go along. The only other way to put them in after is if you type them (like : ) for a smiley). Then they show up in the right place. Not sure why it does that though.

Shelley, I only fit into those because of the way they ran or rather fit, I absolutely cannot fit into any other of their size 2's at all, nor anyone else's size 2!:eek: It was a total fluke, those particular cargo pants for sure!
I remember that scent! Very pretty.:) I wonder if you could find an outlet that still carried it?

I had a kick arse workout with Grace, did itread 40 minutes, I think it was number 4, then added another 15 minutes of hill climbing. I couldn't walk too fast cause my foot is really bugging me after twisting it yesterday, so those hills really kicked my butt.

Off to the races...

Hey all! How are ya doin'? I am getting ready to clean a bathroom. Wahoo.

Tneah--sprinting is a lot of fun, but my knees were aching a bit this morning. I have been battling some tendinitis on the front of my left knee. My doc says that my hamstring on that leg is tight and is causing the inflammation. Gotta love getting older, eh? ;) Grace kicks my butt on a regular basis. I love her! It is interesting that you brought up perfumes today. I have been searching unsuccessfully for one that doesn't make me nauseated which has resulted in $$ lost! I need the scent to be really mild. Truthfully, I love the yummy vanilla body sprays, but they also make me hungry! Do you have any suggestions?
Utah is its own little world, isn't it? :)

Shelley--oh my goodness, my DD is so challenging! I don't remember 10 being this way, do you? Maybe 13, 14, 15...but fourth grade???? It is such a good thing that she is so cute... :p Thanks for the help with the emoticons. :)

Better hit the bathroom before DS gets home. He is in the middle of AP exams and quite stressed. Wouldn't want a dirty bathroom to stress him out more! }(

Kara

Hi everyone -

Yes, I finally found time to stop by. Work has been pretty busy and hard to focus on. But hopefully that phase is done with for a while. I need to finish up a few things and leave my desk completely organized before I go home. Then I can relax, knowing everything is in its place. :D But I just wanted to take a few minutes to see what you all are up to and say "hi!" I'll see you tomorrow!

Hi gang. I'm back and pooped. I did In the Ring, followed by carpet max. I spent the rest of the afternoon on the patio reading. **Sigh of contentment**

Jennifer, yeah, I really like In the Ring. It's lots of fun. I like using the medicine ball for the intervals too. No, my swellings have never been so bad I've had to seek medical care.

Tneah, I did enjoy my friend. Funny, but I really have to push myself to get togther with friends. I think I would make a good hermit. I'm always glad when I see them, but I hate to call and make arrangements. I miss wearing perfrume. One of the woman in the lab is very allergic to scent, so no one is allowed to wear any. I used to love Knowing by Estee Lauder. (Did I spell that right?)

Kara, are you decaffeinating? My DH once decaffeinated me by accident by using the wrong coffee in the automatic coffeemaker. I called in sick two days, thinking I was having my first ever migraine. One sip of real coffee at 3pm and I was feeling great! I'll never give up my coffee! LOL at your do-it-yourself smilies. You have a boy who would notice a dirty bathroom? Lucky!

Hi to Shannon and Leanne. See you both tomorrow. TK, where the heck are you? Did you take your boat to China? I have to run. We have a meeting at church about Bible school. We're doing a Science/Laboratory based thing this year. How cool is that!

Hi Shannon!

Robin--I am attempting at decaffeinating, but am a wimp dealing with headaches, so taking it slowly! I don't blame you for not giving up coffee! Your DH must have felt awful, hope he made it up to you! }( I was half-joking about my son (Colin) noticing the bathroom. Although he is the only teen I know that will have made his bed, picked up his room, showered, and eaten breakfast by 8am on a SATURDAY with nowhere to go! :eek: Have fun at church!

Well, Colin has a band concert tonigh, so I am off towork on the whole dinner ordeal. Take care!

Kara :)

Hi Shannon darling, we have missed you!:7

Kara, go smell "Amazing Grace" by Philosophy. I think you might love it, its soo very light and pretty, it smells like warm, clean skin with a touch of flowers..I love it, it just does not last long enough on me, plus I like a little stronger fragrance.

Robin, so nice you got the chance to read. I powered through two books in one week. They were more of the comedy variety since I love to laugh. "Wacky Chicks" which was cute and about these off the wall women written by a very gay man--of course. The other one was by the comedian Chelsea Lately called "My Horizontal Life"...hilarious. Now I am reading "Are you there God, its me Vodka" by Ms. Lately, she is a hoot and a half. What were you reading?

My sciatic nerve issue and now my right knee is driving me insane!!}( Whats up with this new problemo? Good grief, maybe it is the age thing, boy. Time for some ibuprofen before I go work my upper body.

Kinda quiet round here, so I'll let you all go until this evening

Hello Melters.

No workout tonight but I had a call from a friend plus the boys were acting up so I will try again on Wed.. My foot gets sore once in awhile but all bruising is now gone.

Kara-I Love Nashville, although I'm not into country music. My ex was though. I found it to be one of the friendliest cities ever and not just "southern hospitality." Grand Rapids, where I currently live, is about 2 hours north of Chicago, 2 hours west of Detroit and one hour east of Lake MI.. We've made news here recently with Gerald R. Ford and the Rampage (arena football champions).

Robin-glad you never had to go to Urgent Care.

Dancing With The Stars was good. Shocked to see Mario voted off.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.