*~*~*~Kettlebell Wed~*~*~

Hey,I am just getting started here! I have to run out the door now, but will be back later. I am taking the kids to see Inkheart for free at the theater this morning - yeah for free stuff!!! :)

Missy

Good Morning

Yeah for free stuff!!:)

slept late today!! Yea summer vacation! so I just finished my workout. Think Austin Powers, I named it: Torture Baby!! Here it is, not sure if I should thank you Jane or not!!:p;) Its from Jane!! LOL!!

Torture Ba-by!!

warm up: .06 miles on the treadmill level 3.0

Complete as many rounds in 30 minutes as you can:
400M run treadmill set at 7
10 sit ups Janda sit ups
20 box jumps 20" box
30 swings 45#kb
40 squats ouchie!!
50 jump rope regular thin jump rope

cool down: 1 mile on treadmill at level 3.0

Comments:
*O.M.G.!!! what a workout!... drenched in sweat!!:eek:
*squats were the hardest and took the longest time, I am sure I will be sore tomorrow!! (maybe even later today!)
*in the third round the kb was so slippery I thought it might fly out of my hands. Next round I chalked my hands and it was much better!!
*lost count of jumprope in 2 diff. rounds, so put in an extra 10...so may have done 50 or 60 in those rounds!:confused:
***rounds completed: 4 and half way thru my 400M run when the gymboss went off!! thank goodness!! I was literally holding my gymboss counting the seconds!!
:) :) :)

Off for a much needed shower!! BBL with Personals!
Have a great day everyone!!!

Good Morning!

Today's a hot one here. Going up to 95. I did IMAX 3 today. Got up a little late so only had time for warmup, intervals 1-7 and c/d and stretch.
Blast 1 - modified after 1st whole set of taps and jumps on/off step
Blast 2 and 3 - plyos and starbursts - did all
Blast 4 - got though it all but my tuck jumps didn't resemble tuck jumps by the end!
Blast 5 - Plie jacks - did all.
Blast 6 - Wide lunges off step - did all.
Blast 7 - Got through it all with only a small break. Jumps on/off step.

Deanie - Great workout! Were the squats with weight too? Really like the Janda situps. Tracy did the plank matrix in the Post-Pregnancy workout pretty much like Newport Round 4.

Missy - Did you and the kids enjoy Inkheart?

Waves to all!

Marcy

I want to thank you guys so much for you advice and vibes yesterday. Deanie, I actually use your positive reinforcement with my kids and their friends so it is good to hear that I am doing something right! :) I am very hesitant to use it for DF's son because every time he does something remotely acceptable he immediately asks for a reward. He was completely quiet in the car yesterday for a few minutes, no noise!, and after one song had finished playing on the radion he asked if he could have a reward. :eek: I asked "For what?" He said, "I wasn't been bad that whole time." I said, "Aren't you supposed to be courteous and considerate of those around you anyways?" He said, "Of course!" I asked him if he was only being kind so he could get a treat and he shamelessly said "Yes!" I didn't give him anything, but I told him that consideration and kindness are expected and you aren't "good" to others so you can get something in return, it's because you want to make other people happy. I hope I did the right thing. The good thing is that his mom is completely on board with whatever we do and actually wants our help. I think she feels like it is an uphill battle for her and she suffers from severe depression. When she left she told us to "do whatever we needed to do, you are the boss!" I will have him until Saturday night so I am really hoping that he will be respectful and loving towards her when they get back. I don't expect his character to change overnight, but I am aiming for some improvement. I actually feel kind of sorry for him - no boundaries, getting anything you want, always being the center of attentions, being able to easily manipulate yourself out of situations; it really does make you feel unloved, miserable and insecure; ah, the drawbacks of being the youngest and only one to carry on the family name! ~ Rhonda, I really like your idea! I am implementing it immediately!!! One thing that I did do today was really focus on my kids behavior and reaction to what DFS does and... I am going to cry because I am so proud! Oldest DS stands up for his little brother and encourages DFS to do the right thing and redirect his actions/words. Last night for bed DFS (means Dear Friend's Son in case you were wondering) wanted youngest DS to sleep by himself in another room (he was basically kicking him out of his own room, and not in a nice way) but oldest DS managed to work the situation so that everyone was happy and nobody (meaning younest DS) felt left out, but did it w/o making DFS out to be a villian... I was so amazed, I could cry I tell you!!!! I don't know where he came from, he is too good to have come from me! *sniff, sniff He makes me look like the child :eek:

Today, right now actually, I am going to do SIM, month 2. That means 45 seconds of work for snatches, presses and jerks. I am going to do only a 15 second break between exercises to make it more intense.

Marcy, I love Imax 3. I hate combo 4 though, it kills my knees. Going through to blast 7 is a great workout! I usually stop at 5 or 6. And we actually LOVED Inkheart! Paul Bettany was in it, and I absolutely adore him. He and his wife both were in it (they are one of my fave Hollywood couples). I wish that I could have had DD with us, though, because the main female character was about her age and was a strong, smart girl. I am always looking for any positive influence I can! :p

Deanie, loved your workout today!!! I just love reading about all the workouts that all of you guys do. I want to be able to do everything because each workout looks just as appealing as the last but there isn't enough time in the day or days in the week!

We are going to head out to the pool as soon as I am done with the workout. I hope that the buttered popcorn doesn't come back up! Talk to you guys in a few. :)

Missy

Hi All,

It's going to be a scorcher today! The are predicting highs in the upper 90's with a heat index of 104 degrees and above. I'm doing a 3 mile run. Yikes! I'm drinking TONS of water.

I did yesterday's workout but it started thundering after the first round so I modified the running to jump rope. It actually was nice outside and it got a little breezy and I managed to run out in the rain for a little relief. Got the workout done, then the power went out so after calling the city, I went back outside and did some ab work.

Deanie ~ I'm glad you enjoyed the workout...at least I think you did. Drenched in sweat is a good thing, isn't it? :p

Marcy ~ Enjoy the Georgia heat!

Missy ~ Keep doing what you are doing. You are a very giving person and you will be rewarded for your kindness. You are really reaching out to another person and I'm sure you'll have a profound effect on him for years to come.

Waves hello to Gayle, Andilynn and Rhonda!

Last edited:
Greetings and Salutations.

Today I did Lose a Pant Size from CS and Latin Synergy from Core Rhythms. Both were good workouts. I hope to be able to do a split by the end of the year. Why? I don't know why I want to, I just have never been able.

Marcy- Good workout. I bought a 3/4" 2x4 from Lowes. It is the perfect surface to do the Core Rhythm on ( Thanks again for turning me on to it- it is fun). I just lay it on top of the carpet and move it out the way when I am done. It wasn't more than $20. Glad you got DH off the couch. Maybe on the weekends before it gets too hot, he will be willing to go out more. I would love to come cook for you. Where do you live again?

Deanie- For the record, you and Jane truly must be into S &M because your workouts sound like pure torture :). They do however inspire me to work harder and get off the couch when I feel like being lazy. Isn't summer vaca the best? I can't sleep late though because I am a morning person.

Missy- Glad you and the kids enjoyed the movie. Since your friend is open to suggestions, why don't you get her a copy of "Boundaries with Kids". Here is a link:

http://www.amazon.com/Boundaries-Kids-Dr-Henry-Cloud/dp/0310200350

I love to hear about parents who really put effort in to raising their kids. You sound like a really good mom and a good friend to have.

Enjoy the pool and the rest of your day.

Jane- Be careful out in the heat.
Waves to Gayle and Andilynn.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

Missy & Deanie - You both sound like great Moms. :)

Missy - I'm glad things are getting a little better. That kid sounds like a lot of work. Inkheart sounds like fun. Yay free!! Have fun with SIM today.

Jane - Great workout! Deanie's name for it sounds appropriate. The 400m run would absolutely kill my score. Enjoy your run today. :)

Deanie - Great job on the workout!

Marcy - Great job with Imax3! Try to stay cool. :cool:

Rhonda - Great work on Providence! I think the virtual ginger and chicken soup worked. ;)

Hi Andilynn!

Last night I did the sandbag workout from CrossFit 603:

Buy-in - 5r/5l sandbag get ups

WOD - Carry 50% of your bodyweight for 800m. For me that was 70lbs. I didn't set the weight down at all, but had to switch shoulders a lot.

Cash out - Couple of sandbag cleans, then 100m of med ball clean and overhead throws.

Tonight I may give "Josh" a try. It's on the docket for CF 603: http://www.crossfit603.com/2009/06/josh/

Have a great day everyone!

Missy - Good job with DF's son. It's nice to hear she's behind whatever you do or can help her with. Maybe because she's depressed she's letting him get away with things she ordinarily wouldn't. Glad you liked Inkheart.

Gayle - Josh sounds tough. Good luck with all the pullups!

Rhonda - I live near Atlanta. Come and visit anytime! I'm glad you're enjoying Core Rhythms. I do mine on carpet with dance sneakers which seem to work fine. Keep working on your splits and you'll get them. I've always been pretty flexible but there were many years when I didn't work out and lost a little bit. Yoga had me doing my splits again in no time. Eoin Finn's Magically Bliss Hips (from the first Power Yoga for Happiness) is great for flexibility.

Congratulations on losing a pant size!:D

Jane - I hope your power comes back on soon! I'm actually indoors most of the time in the office so I don't feel the effects of the heat. I just have a short walk to and from the office and walks with Max. Sorry you weren't able to finish your workout outside.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.