**Melting in the Sundshine - the Weekend**

buffettgirl

Cathlete
Morning all. I hope I didn't start a duplicate again, but I didn't see a melty post, so here goes.

The sun is shining and we are babyless for a week. Yahoo! We are going down river (the mighty Susquehanna) this afternoon to visit the Ned Smith Center for Nature and Art. I'm excited, because the exhibit on display is by the artist who illustrated the book I'm currently reading. We're planning dinner out, then maybe we'll frolic in front of the woodburner, something we can't do when DD is at home. Yeah, life is good for this melter.

Lainie, do you have hot water yet? If you do, I'm sure life is better in your neck of the woods too. Take care of those aches and pains.

tneah, do you feel any better today? I watched Oprah yesterday and Carson Kressley (sp?) was on doing the how to like yourself naked thing. He said, "There will always be someone younger, or skinnier, or cuter, but there is only one you." It really hit home for me. {{{HUGS}}}

Shelley, how's thing in the Great White North? The pie went to Jay's house before I could get a piece sent to you. Turk watched it longingly too. I guess I'll have to make another this week.

Emily, have fun scrapping.

Shannon, Michele, TK, Deb (are you back yet!??!?!) howdy do. Anything great going on this weekend? I hope so. I'm going to go do my knee stuff, then get some breakfast. Have a great Saturday all.

Morning Robin and all who follow!

Robin - sounds like you're going to enjoy your time alone with DH:)

Things in the GWN are COLD this morning!! Today will be a day of running around doing errands, etc. Sophie has her pottery class from 1 to 3 so I'll hit Costco and a couple of other places while she's there.

PMS is raging, so I'm on the mood rollercoaster and also eating everything in sight. I hope Aunt Flo shows up soon, or the damage might be irreversible.

Tneah - how are you feeling today? I'm sending more {{{hugs}}}!

Emily - I'll be scrapping with you in spirit!

Lainie - how are the bruises and the hot water heater?

Hi to everyone! I suppose I should get my butt outta this chair and get moving.

Hi Everyone!

I'm back and it is freezing here! Mexico was great, we did work but had a lot of "down" time as well. I feel so out of touch with what has been going on with everyone.. I think I will go back and read a couple of days posts so I can see what everyone has been up to!

Deb:)

Good Morning All!:7

I took the night off from my mental/physical madness, turned in really early-like 9pm and slept like a baby. I went for a nice walk and realized how great it was I have changed some bad eating and drinking habits-but I need my plan to more doable, allowing for the occasional treat and glass of wine now and then, and the exercise plan has to be fun once again, something I do because it feels good and because I respect the body God gave me.

I still have some things to sort through, and yes, Robin, I love what that guy on Oprah said, I have often repeated that to myself when I felt "less than". I just did my best on this plan and then BAM, the weight thing.I know I could still use a session or two or three,etc...with a professional about my body stuff...about a month before I started with Mr. Trainer man, I even went to a plastic surgeon and asked for liposuction on my waistline, he literally threw me out of his office...he was a bodybuilder which was kinda ironic. So, yeah, I got some of that body dysmporhic(sp?) thing happening. But I don't want you all thinking I am some sort of off my rocker loon! :7 Other than that, I am a really normal functioning smart kinda gal.;) Again, thanks for all of your support, I know you all have struggled with various eating, body things so you do understand and I really appreciate it.

Robin! Oh, what a fun day/evening you have planned.;) The art exhibit sounds fantastic, but the fireside romp? Oh boy.:p Watch how you bend that knee....

Shelley, have fun at Costco! I love Costco on the weekends when they have all those little samples you can try. Its a madhouse. Sophie takes pottery classes? What a budding little artist you have there, pottery, piano...have a great day!

Deb..Ole' senorita! Welcome back, we missed you. Did you get a chance to soak up some sun, enjoy the local cusine? Pick up some silver jewelry, blankets, Mexico is fun for stuff like that, and very well priced!

Hi to all that follow, a big hug to Leanne, Emily, Lainie and the rest...BBL...we might take the boat out today, if the weather holds...we had a seal swimming around our boat last night, it was so amazing, he was waving his flippers and snorting at us. :7

Hello all. Having a lazy Saturday at home, which I think I deserve after this past rough week (just posted a long vent about that on the OD board).

DH is re-watching the Super Bowl and trying to interest Isaac in it, because this morning Isaac said, "Did some giants win the Super Bowl? That's what they said at school." Then Brian explained about the NY Giants and reminded Isaac of the night we went to our friends' house to watch it. DH asked, "So do you like the NY Giants?" Isaac said, "Yes, but I also like the Yankees." :)

I haven't decided about a workout today--still hurting but I think it's slightly better. Definitely not ready for upper body work, and not supposed to do lower body work--maybe I'll do something like a ballet workout (which will work lower and upper a little but not with weights) or an easy dance DVD.

Robin, your day sounds very nice--enjoy it! Well, you're probably already busy enjoying it. Yes! I managed to get the pilot light on myself before DH came home last night! Who rocks this house!? Lainie rocks this house! That's right! OK, maybe it's not that impressive, but I was pretty pleased. It helped that DH sent a web link to a "how to" video and I realized it was pretty much like how I lit the pilot light in England (though the machine seemed very different).

Shelley, sorry about the PMS. I hate the way that crap can take over your life for a week or more. Ugh. Hope Aunt Flow comes and you can get it over with soon.

Deb, welcome back! It won't take long to catch up with us, I'm sure.

Tneah, I hope you can work out a better way to do this program or something. Take good care of yourself, girlfriend. I should send you pictures of myself--that'll make you feel better about yourself, I'm sure.

OK, going to go take another hot shower--woo-hoo!

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Happy Saturday, everyone!

So how is everyone doing this morning? Today I'll be doing Clean Max and Laundry Max, followed by Imax 3 and some Core Max. It's just a day of Maxing, I guess! Other than that, I'm hoping to relax and do some beading. DH has Monday off for the holiday, but I'll actually have a full day of work and grading ahead of me. Two of my classes turned in their first rough drafts this past week, so the rest of the semester will be busy with loads of grading!

Robin -- It sounds like you have a wonderful day planned! I hope that it stays sunny and bright for you. Who is the artist whose exhibit you'll be seeing? Be sure not to overdo it with your knee!

Deb -- Welcome back! We've missed you these past two weeks! Glad that you had some downtime, although I'm sure you're so happy to be back home!

Shannon -- How great that you took yesterday off so you can have a long weekend. Do you have any special plans?

Shelley -- Here's hoping that Aunt Flo arrives soon so you can get rid of that awful PMS! Hope you find some good things at Costco; of course, I have to stay away from there when I have PMS b/c The Hunger takes over and anything sweet might somehow make its way into my cart.

Tneah -- I'm so glad, sweetie, that you slept well and are feeling better today. I'm still just really concerned, though, that you're pushing yourself too hard with this program. Did you check in with Mr. Trainerman yesterday? If so, what did he say? It looks like it'll be another sunny day today, so I hope you can take the boat out and see more seals!

Lainie -- Just be careful today if you do decide to work out. A nasty fall like that can be worse than you think. You also definitely deserve a lazy day today, so don't feel any guilt about that at all!

Hi to Emily, TK, and anyone who follows!

Hey again!

Deb - welcome back! I'm glad you got some downtime in Mexico. And it can't be fun to come back to the c-c-c-c-cold!!!

Lainie - YOU rock the house, girl! WTG on getting that pilot light sorted out! That's hilarious about Isaac thinking some giants won the Superbowl:p

Robin - have fun in front of the fire and may I suggest that you do no kneeling:p

Tneah - I'm glad you're in a better place today. We all need little treats now and then:) That's so cool about the seal! I would love to see something like that! And yes, Sophie loves doing anything creative. Painting (Robin will attest to that!), drawing, sculpting, pottery, music... all of that stuff.

Shannon - are you enjoying your loooooooong weekend?

Leanne - sounds like you've got a max kinda day going on! What beading project are you working on right now?

Well, I've got my second load of laundry going, the bathrooms are clean, I got Sophie to try all her pants on to see which ones still fit and which ones could go to the Goodwill bag (LOTS were way too short - I should measure her again).

I'll bbl to check up on y'all!

"Robin - have fun in front of the fire and may I suggest that you do no kneeling:p"---Oh, Shelley is a very naughty girl indeed}(

Ok. Question: Is there anyone of you that can walk 4.5-5.2??:eek: On the treadmill, doing one of Grace's workouts?:eek: I think I have mentioned this before, but sheesh,it doesn't feel natural at that pace, and yes, I have to balance myself on the handrails as my ass and hips apparently don't wanna move that fast! I would imagine the longer the legs, the easier it might be, I top out at 4.4, and that feels too fast!

I need to incorporate a bit of "Cleanmax" myself on this boat...the floors get kinda grungy. BBL....

Good afternoon melters. I had to wait for DH to exit the living room before I could start my workout so I got a late start. This morning was Kimberly Spreen's Absolute Kickbox. I really really like how she gets into the core with the bar. It was especially effective today since I did GS Chest and Triceps yesterday so my core is still sore from all those pushups.

Speaking of GS Chest and Triceps, I had a little chuckle when I pulled that one off the shelf. I had completely forgotten that I had Cathe autograph it at the last road trip. She wrote on it (at my suggestion) 'do your pushups'. Well I did and now I hurt. Ouch.

Our phone line has been screwed up the last couple days so our phone is out of order. Funny thing is is that the DSL continues to work. Anyway, we found out that yesterday afternoon while we were at work the police were in our house because the busted phone called 911. How weird is that? Luckily our neighbor who has the key to our house was there while the police were checking everything out. The neighbor said our dog was just sleeping away on the couch while the police were there too. Great guard dog we have!

Robin: I forget that the Susquehanna goes all the way up to your area. That's one long river. We've taken our boat up the very bottom of it, Havre de Grace, once or twice. Enjoy your time away.

Deb: So good to see you back from sunny, warm Mexico. I'm so jealous! Welcome back!

Tneah: Seals are cute but just like any other critter that hang around boats, don't feed them unless you want to have piles of *insert critter name here* poop on your swim platform the next morning. I guess in critter-dom that's the thanks you get for giving them a treat or two. At least you have Captain Morgan or First Mate Straight Arrow to clean it up for you if that happens. I usually find a way for DH to do that duty. LOL

Lainie: After your week, you should take a lazy Saturday on the couch (where it's safe). You've had quite a time of it.

Leanne: I got Clean Max today too. DH just told me today that two other couples are coming over tonight then we're all going out to dinner. Actually I should be working on that right now! How far along are you on your beading project? Is it the same project you've been working the last couple months or is it a different one?

Shelley: You always get so much done early in the day! I wish I had your discipline.

Well, off to start cleaning. Ugh!

Wow, seals! That certainly tops the white breasted nuthatch that I was happy to see today.

Deb, welcome back. Sorry about the cold weather.

TK, I'm LOL at Capt Morgan, hose in one hand, drink in the other, washing seal poopy off the boat.

The trip to the Ned Smith Center was nice. Wildlife artist Julie Zickefoose had her work on exhibit. I bought a copy of her book, Letters from Eden. We got home to find a message on the machine from DD. They made their destination, Greyor was a good traveler and the house they are renting is amazing. Time to go get ready for dinner. We decided on Thai.

Hey girls!

Robin - I'm glad you had such a nice time on your day trip and Thai food sounds yummy!

Tneah - I can walk at 5 mph. In fact, I did my fave iTread today (Set 9 60 minutes) and walked at 5.0 for the recoveries, for the most part. I'm 5'7". Don't know if that makes a difference.

TK - Seal poop on the swim platform sounds delightful!

As mentioned, I did my run and set a PR, so I was pretty happy about that, considering I didn't really wanna do it in the first place. Then I made dinner and now I'm just hanging out with Sophie. I think we'll watch a movie:)

TK, you are so funny!:p Yep, Captain Morgan and his "Straight as an Arrow" slopping the decks because I fed the seals.:7
Actually, funny you mentioned that, because I asked DH what I could feed him and he told me nothing! It was so cool seeing him close-up. But thanks for the words of wisdom, having seal poopy or duck poopy onboard wouldn't be very pleasant.

Robin, we get night herons that hang around after dark to "fish" from our dock, they are really interesting, you are a bird lover? Very cool. There are alot of really pretty birds around here.

Shelley, congrats on setting another personal best, that is so great. You really can walk that fast, we are the same height. I did it this AM, I did number 2-60 minutes. And now my hip hurts today just walking around. There must be a proper way to do it or something. I'll keep trying, and improving, I really am liking those iworkouts.

Okay, off to try and rel after a day of running around--my dad and his wife will be down on the first and I wanted to make sure they had everything they needed on the boat when they arrive.:)

I might even have a few glasses of wine tonight on the deck--:9 I deserve it, I have been working hard, and life is too short not to enjoy the finer things...I am convincing myself right now and ignoring the guilt and all the other crap that goes along with it!:7

Ok, so the wine wasn't that great. I actually don't like how I feel when I drink, how strange.....but the honey pretzels with mustard I ate?:) Delicious. Glad I got this outta my system. Good for me.

Morning all! Happy Sunday

Aunt Flo arrived last night and I just took some Advil and am waiting for cramps to subside so I can do my workout (Absolute Kickboxing).

Tneah - sorry the wine wasn't so great, but the pretzels sound yummy!

What's everyone up to today? We're off to see The Spiderwick Chronicles this afternoon. That's about it. I think I might treat us to Chinese food for dinner.

Goodmorning all.

tneah, I'm glad you loosened up the diet a bit last night. I hope you aren't remorseful today. I'd love to go birdwatching from your boat. Yeah, I'm a amateur birdwatcher. I wish I had more time and patience to become an ace though.

Shelley, enjoy the movie. The trailer doesn't do much for me. Is it a book? I imagine Sophie has read it...

Last night's dinner was kind of funny. One of the friends who went with us is the one who lived in Thailand for 4 years. Of course, the Thai restuarant is "Americanized" and run by Chinese. She brought her own peppers and a lime, then asked for all kinds of special ingredients to try to make her meal taste like it SHOULD. We told her she better not ever go to Mexico or Italy, or we'll never be able to go out to eat again.

I better get going. Time for church. I hope to do some CC on the bike later.

Wow, I am up earlier than the birds this morning!:+ We are actually traveling back to Vegas. We will not be back to SD until April....:-( But thats okay, I ate good last night. I added some reduced fat Wheat Thins to my menu plan last night, along with the pretzels, I think I actually heard my body laughing with glee! First night of deep, deep, sleep I have had since starting this diet/exercise plan.:)

I think I was starting to get really carb deprived, because I felt "satisfied" and really "good" after I ate, not left wanting more. Wow.I was also pleased to learn, I really don't like the way wine makes me feel...a very good thing. I will not be indulging in that every night like I used to. This was a very good experience for me overall...sorry to go on and on...but good carbs are the key to making Tneah a very nice, happy girl.:)

Shelley, sounds like you have a fun day planned--hope you stay on top of the cramp thing...ugh. Whats the Spiderwick Chronicles? It sounds like a Harry Potter type deal....I am so out of it!:D

Well, guess I need to wake up the dog and DH and hit the road..BBL tonight, cannot wait for my faster than light internet service again.

Robin and I were posting at the same time! LOL at your Thai expert. I have a friend like that, it gets a bit annoying doesn't it? He brings along his own personal stash of teas and different peppers to restaurants..he actually carries them in hi pocket!:D

I have no dietary regrets and feel wonderful quite frankly. Have fun at church.:)

Hello, everyone!

I'm definitely enjoying my long weekend. I took a computer-free day yesterday, which was heaven, and will do so again tomorrow, and probably the rest of today, once I get done with my on-line job searching.

I have serious DOMS!!! Yeeow. I did PLB Friday, the first time I've done a full lower body workout in forever. I replaced the leg presses with another exercise since they bother my calf, and did very careful, controlled calf raises. Everything is fine, with only a few minor twinges here and there, and no swelling! Woohooo!!

Tneah - I'm so glad you're working through your difficulties. It sounds like you're really on the right track. You sound much happier and more relaxed already. By all means, eat those carbs! I don't care what anybody or any diet says. Carbs are wonderful.

Robin - It sounds like you're having a lovely weekend. Is your knee holding up okay?

Shelley - It sounds like you are your normal, busy self. How is Sophie doing with her pottery? Is she making neat stuff? Sorry to hear it's so blasted cold up there... at 8:15 a.m.,it's 50 F here. But windy, and we had big t-storms last night!

Lanie - I'm glad the doc says everything is okay. And yay! You have hot water!!! Now you can take a nice hot bath, which should really make you feel better.

Leanne - I hope you get to enjoy many hours of beading,and that the grading goes by quickly.

Deb - Welcome back!!!

TK - Don't you just feel so proud when you finish those GS pushups? Great job!

I don't think I've forgotten anyone.... Well, I need to get busy and check out the job sites now. I don't have a whole lot planned for the rest of the long weekend. Just relaxing and enjoying myself. I guess I'll see everyone Tuesday, because I'm really looking forward to more computerless days until it's time to go back to work! Have a great holiday tomorrow, everyone.

Good morning, everyone!

For some reason, I haven't been sleeping well lately, and got up at 5:30 this morning because I was just sitting there in bed. Ah, well. I'll just try to get to bed early tonight if I can.

Today I'm continuing on with my Tank Top Arms rotation, and will be doing 1/2 hour of cardio, followed by CTX upper body. It'll be my first time using CTX, so I'm excited. It's always nice to have a change.

Tonight we'll be meeting up with my family for dinner. I'm a bit worried since we're going to a pizzeria and I've been trying to be really GOOD this weekend, but I already talked to DH about getting a veggie-topped pizza and maybe a small so that we won't have any leftovers. I really want to get back on track to melt a bit more -- maybe just another pound or two.

Deb -- Welcome home again! Are you getting all settled in at home? Tell us more about your trips when you get a chance!

Shannon -- How great that your calves are fine after doing those calf raises! What great news! How's the on-line job hunting going? Enjoy your relaxing day!

TK -- How funny that you had Cathe write that on your DVD! What great motivation! So how was the Road Trip last year? Had you been to one before? I'd love to go to the next one, but the cost might be a factor. Flying in from the West Coast would really up the cost! Yes, I'm still working on that same necklace; I haven't had a lot of free time lately, and it's taking me awhile!

Tneah -- Did you enjoy your wine last night guilt-free? I hope you did!! It really does sound like it's best if you can let go of some of the intensity of this program. You honestly looked GREAT to begin with, and don't seem to need to melt at all! I'm glad that the carbs are balancing you out more. Even Cathe has said that she eats what's considered to be a lot of carbs. You need them for a mood boost and for energy to power through all those intense workouts of yours!

Shelley -- How was Costco yesterday? That is so cool that Sophie takes pottery classes. What kinds of things has she made lately? I'd love to take a pottery class one day. Have you tried it before? Of course, I'm still working on that same necklace and barely have time to work on that!

Robin -- Glad you had a nice day yesterday and a nice dinner! Like Tneah said, your friend sounds funny.

Lainie -- How cute that Isaac thought that actual giants won the Super Bowl! How are you feeling today? Take it easy if you're still sore! Don't work out if you're not feeling up to it!

Emily -- Any fun plans for the day?

Hi everyone. I'm feeling even better today. I didn't work out yesterday (but was plenty busy cleaning and doing laundry--the laundry around here is never done). Today I plan to do some cardio--I'm thinking Low Impact Step plus the 4DS LIS cardio. I'm feeling so much better that I don't know if I'll get those X-rays--but mainly because I don't want to take my kids with me and they're off school all week....

Well, folks, time to admit that I really need to get to some serious melting. It's getting where a lot of my pants are a bit tight. I can get them on, but they're not remotely comfortable or flattering once buttoned. Ugh. That's when I know it's time to get back to work. So please kick my heinie. Last night when we had Mexican food I had some artichoke & mushroom enchiladas. Not so bad, right? Except it also had cheese and a creamy sauce.... And I ate plenty of chips and chile con queso. So yummy, though.

OK, DH is already hungry for lunch so I'm going to go feed him (he's such a baby sometimes). Then I'll BBL for personals.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.