**Damage Control Thursday **

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning,

I am up early to get my run in before work. Its not as early as I am use to though...which is nice. Goal is to get on the TM at 6:30 and off by 7:15:) Thats long enough;)

I have a full day of work today and then off until Mon night! Woot! We have a big party to go to on sat night. My BIL is in the military and he just changed commands so he is higher up then he use to be...actually, I think he "the boss" over his secture anyway (he is with search and rescue). There is a big party in our backyard and theirs so it should be quit the night, thats the only thing I have planned!

I will bbl if the site is working at work! If not, I will bb tonight! Have a great day everyone!

Lori:)

Good Morning Girls.

Diana:: Sorry about the impending lay offs at work. Any rumors about what departments/positions are in danger of being cut? It actually stinks for the employees that they are doing this slowly. That will mean more stress for everyone. :( Hope you got the laundry and food shopping done. As you may already know I am not a fan of doing laundry. It's putting it away that I hate the most and folding it comes in a close 2nd. I suppose if I had to beat my clothes on a rock to wash them then I might not care about folding and putting away. :p

Jen:: My sinus infection was all on the left side of my face in my cheek and jaw. No pressure in my forehead at all. I felt like someone punched me in the face while I had a tooth ache. It hurt to eat. At times it was hard to even open my mouth wide enough to get the food in! Wait-perhaps that's a GOOD thing! ;):p Anyway it was extremely painful at it's worst but is much better now. I can still feel it but it's worlds better this morning then it was. YAY! I *might* even be able to get in a work out this afternoon! WOO HOO! :D Oh I also had the body aches on and off too. ICK! Please be careful with PUSH. It's very heavy weight training. You may need to go lighter then intended with that one. Not sure if you've gotten full clearance from your doc yet. I am so glad you are enjoying CLX so much! :)

Lori:: So did you eat anything last night? I don't care what time it is. If I'm hungry-I EAT! I will eat very healthy and something small but I can't sleep if I am hungry!! Have fun at the party on saturday night!

So I feel tons better then I have been feeling! I am going to play today by ear as far as a work out goes. My fingers are crossed that I can get one in though! :) I still have slight cold symptoms and can feel a leetle bit of sinus pressure in my face but that "rip my face off" feeling is GONE!!!! It went away yesterday mid-morning and never came back! WOOH HOO! *happy dance*

Guess that's all for now but I'll be back later!:cool:

Wendy** Wanting to rip your face off can't be a very good feeling;) I can't say I have ever felt that way....now ask me if I have ever wanted to beat my teeth out? Then you would get a "YES".
I did eat last night. I had 2 glasses of water and pretzels. I would have opted for something not so healthy and a little bad but there was nothing there:eek::) Hope you get your workout in today!

So I managed to get a 3.5 mile run in and ME abs. I was majorly dragging in my run, probably b/c I ran less then 12 hours ago! That may have something to do with it. I will see whats on the go tonight. If DH is going out and DS is gone to bed early, I may try to squeeze in another 30 mins.
I am starving again! LOL I just finished a bagel, Im hoping that will tie me over until lunch time!

Lori

Lori,

Considering a lot of the pain from the sinus infection was centered around my jaw and teeth on the left side, I'd say I am a little familiar with the "wanting to knock my teeth out" feeling as well! ;)

Good luck making that bagel last! I always need a mid morning snack no matter what I eat for breakfast! Oatmeal is the best healthy filler-upper for me though. It seems to go the farthest.....

Morning Ladies ..

NO DOMS today ... :D ... the active rest day did me good .. my doggies got a 1/2 way run ystdy .. they did NOT want to ... they wanted to RIDE the golf cart :confused: .. me thinks they are spoiled :eek::D .. Today no lunch workout .. have safety lunch w/my coworkers .. including PIA and PIA in training .. woowee that's gonna be fun :confused: .. I am leaving work early to get my hair done .. then on to class .. not sure what kind of torture I want to inflict tonight ;)

Wendy .. so glad you are feeling better ... I have had a sinus infection where my eyes feel like they are gonna pop out and it hurt to move the eyeballs .. so I can feel you pain ... just glad I dont have many of those .. maybe you can get in a great workout today! :)

Lori .. we had two beagles when we first got married (brothers).. one got poisoned at about age 3 .. the other beagle mourned for a good month .. would not eat .. would not play ... he broke my heart ... he finally got better and livened up when we got a new pup .. I cant even think about loosing one of my big babies .. and the male is 7 which is considered OLD in their age which I worry about him constantly .. I need to get some fat off of him for sure!! :eek: Hope the house to sell or not to sell works out for you!!

Jen .. Yes I am a sadistic glutton for punishment and inflictor of torture .. and I LOVE IT .... :eek: .. you nailed it .. I do tend to push the limits some times and then complain b/c I am hurting .. LOL .. gotta love it!! LOL

Di .. I will be keeping my fingers crossed about the lay offs .. that has got to be scary .. my DH work is doing the same thing .. and his job is not the safest either!! He says we will be alright .. but man it scares the H### outta me!!

Jacque ... I still have not got my STS in this week .. been to freaking sore .. cant today .. maybe I can squeeze it in tmrw ??? and before our girls party .. WHICH BTW .. the stupid low in the Gulf looks like it is gonna dump a lot of rain on us this weekend :mad: another RAINY pool party .. but hey at least it isnt a hurricane like last year!!! :confused:

OK .. gotta run .. have a great day .. and great sweaty workouts ... and I will BBL to see what all of you are up to!:D

Very fast drive by . . . :eek:

Y'day did not go as planned, though that is quite typical right now for some reason? :confused:

Away from the office all afternoon, meeting went late so no time to workout before I headed north for a networking meeting on "Reinventing Yourself". I have been comtemplating that for a while now and need to just get to it. Was a good meeting but I didn't get home until almost 10 PM.

Got the threads read from y'day and this AM but need to get to work. Should be back a bit later to catch up with y'all.

Later gators ! :p

Okay Girls...I obviously spoke too soon. I didn't feel the need to take any more ibuprofen beyond y'day morning. Felt good enough to clean the house and went to my mom's for dinner. By the time I was at my mom's my face was bothering me a little but it wasn't bad at all and nothing else was wrong. Driving home last night I was vry tired but again, not feeling terrible. I went to bed early, slept well and got up feeling OKAY. Had signs of cold and a little pain/pressure but nothing bad. Didn't feel the need for any ibuprofen. Just took antibiotic and airborne. Well by 9:30 this morning (at work), I don't know what hit me but UGH! I got worse and worse as the morning wore on. When I got home I checked and I had a slight fever so I took ibuprofen, took airborne, ate a little something and laid down. I slept for about 30 minutes and now I don't feel bad at all except a little groggy. I am sure the ibuprofen has kicked in though so we'll see what I feel like later. Needless to say my hopes for a work out today have been smashed to bits. :( I really hope this goes away (for good) SOON!!!!!:confused::confused::confused:

Sorry for the incesent whiney babble but I had to complain to someone! LOL

Off to make coffee and then I'll come for personals.

Hi Ladies,

This morning was plyo legs! Let me tell you, it just never gets any easier! I love these w/o's though. At lunch I managed 20 min on the elliptical and 8 minutes on the rec. bike. I really tried for 10 min on the bike but my quads were burning. Not sure if it was due to not doing either one of the machines in quite a while, because I did plyo legs this morning, or a combo of both. I finished up my lunch time cardio with a thorough ab w/o using the stability ball and medicine balls.

Oh-I do have tri training class tonight, hopefully I will remember tonight! I never did go grocery shopping....oops. It's not like we don't have any food in the house though. It will have to wait until the weekend now.

Lori-hope you got a good run in! I will have to start getting up a bit earlier myself. Once Jerod starts summer camp I'll have to be starting my w/o no later than 6:30, and 6:00 would be even better.

Wendy-keep taking your antibiotics....sinus infections come back pretty easily if you don't take your meds on schedule or stop taking them too soon. Hope you feel better soon.

Laura-TOO SORE FOR STS! Can't believe you said that. I only have one disc left and then I'll be done with this rotation. Not sure if I'll be doing it tomorrow or Sat. Have to be to work early tomorrow, so may be short cardio instead. Hope your pool party doesn't get rained out.

Jacque-We all seem to be experiencing those, "not as planned" days. You are not alone there. Your "Reinventing Yourself" meeting sounds like it would be good for me. Just jump back into your workouts where you left off, when the time permits.

Jen-is the boss hovering today??? Hope to hear from you soon.

Diana

Diana:: Good job with plyo legs this morning!!! Have fun at Tri class! If you remember to go, that is! :p:D I am taking my antibiotics. Haven't stopped, TRUST ME!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.