**Damage Control....THURSDAY**

Alrighty.....lets see how fast I can make this b/c i have a toddler hanging off of me...surprise! :eek:

Todays workout is another run and I really need to get some abs work in there as well. My UB is a little sore from yesterdays workout but nothing to seriuos.

Wendy** Thats awesome that DS loves school! Gives you a little more time to yourself...prehaps you will walk around NJ trying to get those steps in;)

Jen** Sorry to hear you had another crappy today! What is the weather like today

Laura** I hear ya on the CABS! Everytime I turn around it CAB time. I have a bacherlotte party this weekend. Its going to be fun but I think I would rather stay home!

Jacque** Yes...you could be my mother and I doubt that you would talk about as my foolishness as my own mother does. I haven't been talking to her since. I wonder does she know I am ticked? I don't really care actually.

Diana** So how is everything with the nutritionest going? Does she tell you what to eat on a normal day?

K...gotta motor! My day is all screwed up! Im suppose to work nights, my boss is in Jamaica and for some reason, thought I was working days....( i think he had the conversation in his sleep) so I have decided to work a split instead.

Lori:)

Mornin' Ladies,

A run just isn't happening this morning. I'm go to do GS BSB this morning and have bootcamp class tonight.

I sent my 3 day detailed food log to the nutritionist and will meet with her again this weekend. At our first meeting other than the weight/bodyfat she took she asked what was most difficult for me. I don't like to eat out because I grew up with the "clean your plate" era. We really just talked and she gave me some tips. She will have more information for me this weekend and we will probably set a target weight goal and date. I'll keep you all posted on that.

Is anyone considering doing another round of STS??? I'm thinking after the summer, and after we get the STS cardio that I would be interested in doing another round, the shorter 3 month rotation. Just throwing that out there....

Lori-Sorry your parents aren't happy about your winning your race. ITA, do what makes you happy. I'm sure its not that they are not happy for, they just think you should've been somewhere else. Most races are on Sunday's anyway. BTW, hill running is so good....When I was running with a club we did hill runs every other week.

Jen-Hope the weather clears up for you. Is all this rain typical for this time of year? We did get a nice thunderstorm last night and that helped cool down the house since our A/C is not working.:mad:

Laura-Our temps have been in the mid 90's, I can't imagine having all the humidity you guys do. The A/C guy is coming out today, I'm hoping it's just a repair thing but I really think he'll say we need a new A/C. Ours is as old as the house, 15 yrs. It's not surprising that its not working.

Wendy-Nice to see you've done a new workout....Guess that means its my turn to rip the wrapper off and do one of my new ones too!!! I bet it's such a relief that DS loves is summer program.

Jacque-I too have a clip for Nano that clips on my shorts, I love it. I didn't care much for the arm band either. What do you have on tap for today???

I better get started on that workout before I run out of time:rolleyes: Have a great day ladies.

BBL

Good morning, girlies!

I never made it back here yesterday. It was the last day the boss was in for the week, and then she's on vacation next week, so the office was busy yesterday. Then when I got home, my laptop sh*t the bed :mad: I have no idea what happened. DSO was able to get it running again, but my internet connection is screwed up and can't get online at the moment. Hopefully we'll be able to figure out the problem tonight.

I did a Push Pull circuit this morning, with 2 minute runs on the tread in between every two exercises. That's a great workout and it goes by pretty quickly, too. Yesterday I went for a walk at lunchtime and came back looking like a poodle. It was really bad :eek:.When I had my haircut last week I had him take about 4 inches off it and it's making a huge difference in the curliness of it when it's humid. Ugh, I hate it.

So I'm going to try to catch up for the past few days. *Warning* this could be a long one :eek:

Laura: Welcome to our world of step counting! It's fun if you have a bit of an OCD streak in you ;) I definitely do, and have found that, as you said yesterday, it makes you not want to sit down. I'm wearing this thing just about 24 hours a day, so that's in part how I manage to get the high number of steps. I also walk 3 miles every day at lunch now. It was only 2.5 miles until a couple weeks ago when I got the GWF, then I upped it for the extra steps. See what I mean about my OCD :p? I'm doing laundry every night because my washer and dryer is in the basement...I'm vacuuming and, heaven forbid, dusting!! I'm doing whatever I can to increase those steps. See, I'm kinda nuts!

Diana: Sorry to hear about the weight gain. That was me after I met DSO and I could not get it off. It took me losing three feet of intestines...I don't recommend that :rolleyes: However, I have lost a couple with the GWF keeping me in line, so if you are able, I highly recommend it. There's something about it that makes the whole process easier...it removes the mystery, I think. It's so much easier to know you're creating a daily deficit if you have a handle on what you are actually burning. I think it's the best fitness investment I've ever made. Maybe when my 'puter is back up and running I'll be looking into a FB account. No, this rain is definitely not typical for us. What's even worse is that it's 56 degrees right now, and it's July 2nd!! It's usually high 80s at least.

Wendy: He made me do it!! I had to eat the ice cream. And not just any ice cream...a hot fudge sundae made with peanut butter cup ice cream. (Yeah...it didn't suck ;)) And I wonder why I gained ten pounds after I met him, huh? No worries about not meeting the numbers! Some days it just doesn't happen. Maybe with nicer weather now the steps will add up easier. So glad to hear Joey is loving summer school!!

Lori: Good for you showing your running parter what you got on that hill!! Did she forget who she's dealing with? My boss has those sleep conversations, too. LOL So does my DSO. Oh, if only we could read minds :rolleyes:

Jacque: I'm about ready to book my flight to CA! Rain again today! OMG, I hope this at least clears out for the holiday weekend. It's putting my in a seriously grouchy mood. I did manage to get all my steps in yesterday, but just barely. I think I made it to 10,300. Calorie burn was the lowest yet, too, with only 1965 for the day. Pretty sure I ate that many too :p Guess I'll be calling that a maintenance day. Great job doing the time on the treadmill before work!

So what's up for everyone's holiday weekend (exept for Lori)? We've got a parade that goes by the house on Saturday, and then we'll be off to a friend's house for a cookout. Fourth of July is huge in our town and always turns out to be a lot of fun. Friday night there will be fireworks and a huge chicken barbeque with live bands playing. There's a 3.8 mile road race Friday afternoon that I'm toying with the idea of running, but as of right now it's prolly not gonna happen :p I'm really looking forward to the weekend! Which starts today, to boot! Woo hoo!

K, I'll get this novel posted, do a little work, and I really mean little, and will bbs to see who's around. Later gators,

Jen

Morning chicas !

Quickie for me - hoping you can all make it back to give me some feedback? I will post personals later today.

Here's my scoop: wore my HRM (Polar 6 so not a cheapie) for 24 hours. I did my 30 min run y'day with 20 min of weight work. Well it showed a 1642 calorie burn for the entire 24 hours. Perhaps that is why my 1500 cal days are really maintenance? If that is true it really means that my BMR is only about 1300 cals daily?

Does this even sound feasible?

I did check my personal settings on the HRM and see that when I got it a couple years ago my RHR was set at 80, and I do remember lying on the couch for 15 min before taking my HR. Now last night it was showing about 60 - 65 and that is what I got by counting my heart beats for a minute. And did the same again this AM so think I may 1. have improved my HR or 2. need to go see my cardiologist quickly?

What are your thoughts on this girls?

I will try not to get disappointed here if this is correct. This makes me want to hop on the GWF bandwagon quickly here. I will monitor with my HRM for another 2 days to see if it remains consistent, especially after I changed my RHR.

BBL . . . off to work - Yee Haw tomorrow is a paid holiday ! :eek: :p

TGIF errrrr TGIT .. a Thursday that is a FRIDAY .> WOOHOOO

Morning Ladies ...

I made just over 8,000 steps ystdy .. still not making my goal .. but hoping next week to start my early morning 30 min walk .. I have not been wearing the pedi in the morning getting ready .. so that does acount for "some" missing steps .. but still gonna have to add in the extra walk to make the goal of 10,000 ... :confused:

Lori .. have fun at the Bachlorette party .. FUN ... yes CABS wherever I turn .. and I am NOT good at turning them down .. so the EXTRA w/o has got to get done or I will be moving backwards

Wendy .. I know you are so happy your son loves his summer care ... my DN is same way .. he goes to our community center and gets to swim all day .. and play dodgeball .. he gets upset if they pick him up early .. LOL!!

Jen ... yes I have an OCD streak in me .. and it is buggin me not making my goal .. this weekend will be interesting to see what kind of numbers my cleanmax and doggie bathmax log in .. plus planning on a date w/coach Sean tmrw ..:eek:.. yes an actual run .. I will prbly pass out ..

Di .. I will have to look into that site .. I know the numbers on the pedi dont account for the kind of kickarse hard workouts I do ... it cant .. LOL ... last nights kickboxin was a killer .. I survived .. and was DRENCHED!!!!

Jacque ... so fess up those numbers chicka .. how did you end up ystdy ..

I AM OFF TMRW .... :eek:.. wooohooooo :D... Plan on a run . then VBF coming over and we are chilling in the pool :cool: and may indulge in a couple of tropical iches or Malibu Barbies :cool::cool::D .. Sat having the family over for DN b-day .. making home made ice cream ... and cooking burgers (deer burgers) ... Sunday .. doing NOTHING .. LOL!!!

OK .. it is the first, the third, and a holiday all rolled into one today .. will be busy .. so gotta run .. have a great day and I will try to check back later ... :D

Jacque: It does sound a bit low, but I think it depends on how much activity you got other than your workouts, too. How tall are you? I don't know if it'll help at all, but I can give you some numbers for reference from what the GWF says for different activities during my day.

Sleeping - .9 - 1.1 cals/min
Running on the tread - 8-9.9 cals/min
Walking at lunch (3 mi. in 45min.) - 4.5-5.3 cals/min
Housework - 2.3 - 3.6 cals/min
Sitting - 1 cal/min

Those are the numbers that show on my graph at the end of the day. Does that help at all?

Jen

Back for a short time before I start diggin' in to my workload here ! :p

Wendy - oops, where is Wendy this AM? Hopefully either enjoying herself or out on a walk to get her steps in ! :p

Lori - sorry about the work confusion. I so hate it when something changes my planned day without my knowledge or consent. Sounds like the split will be a nice way to get around it. Jamaica, huh? and he didn't take his best worker bee with him? :eek: I have to say my DH who is a couple years younger than I am is more of your Mom's personality - I call him "old fashioned" cuz his thought processes remind me more of my parents and his Dad than our typical generation. I must say though, I hope you don't hold your parent's personal feelings on how you should spend you time against them and keep the "rift" going too long. Life is too short for that sort of thing - I hope you can let it go soon and just remember family is family.

Diana - Hope your BSB went well and that you get out for a run soon. I get hooked pretty quickly once I start up again. I hit the TM again this AM for 25 min and just love the feeling . . . Can't wait for your weekend report from the nutritionist - especially on her views of the GWF. And hope your A/C gets fixed quickly - we have dropped to the mid 80's so not too bad here. We don't have A/C so when we hit those 100's it is a bit warm - thankfully not humid. Thanks for the second on the belt clip - I'm heading over to BB after work today !;) I can't make it home as we have a working lunch meeting today but should do PLB and hope to do a bit more running, we'll see how far I get since I don't work tomorrow. It tends to make me lazy ! :rolleyes: But then I can exercise all day long tomorrow? :eek:

Jen - great job getting out for your walk y'day. Can you wear a hat when it is humid to keep the "witchies" away? That is precisely what happens to my hair too - I can't even wash it in the AM and go to work without it sticking straight out by midday. I need to sleep on it to flatten it.
My stats are 5'5", 130 lbs, RHR 65 and age 51. The cal burns you listed seem to be close to what my HRM shows - I am so perplexed. :confused: I did hit just over 10K steps so was not real sedentary - but did only get in the 1/2 hour run for cardio. I just don't understand how my BMR could be 1300? I think adjusting my RHR may have helped a bit as I am showing 600 cals burned so far and it's only 9 AM. <<<crosses fingers that was the problem>>>. I think if I can get at least 60 min of cardio 5 - 6 days a week perhaps I can keep up with a 1500 - 1600 cal day and lose a few. We'll see.

Laura - well as I just mentioned, I did hit my 10K y'day - went shopping after work to Costco. Just love the big stores as you get lots of steps in. Missed my run though and that would have been more. Yes, just a 1/2 hr walk makes a big diff. Sounds like you're way too busy at work - you can take tomorrow off, K? :D Enjoy your long weekend and "play time" at the pool with VBF. Venison burgers sound scrumptious ! I want to see your 10K posted for today though first ! :rolleyes:

Happy Happy Thursday ladies !

Hello Ladies!

I'm here but no time for personals at this moment. Just popping in to say hi and report that I just finished BFBM in full. What a work out! I find it hard to believe that someone could give this work out all they've got and not feel challenged! I think it's AWESOME! :)

Gotta jump in the shower now. Taking DS up to my inlaws after school today. We have a wedding to go to tmrw night and no kids are invited.

BBL!:D

Wendy: You're enabling again!! I've been staying away from those workouts because I just don't need anymore, but then you come in and give rave reviews like that??...grumble,grumble,grumble... This is so not fair! (As I stomp to my purse to grab my credit card ;))

Jacque: I'm also 5'5", weigh 123 (today anyway :rolleyes:) and I have a low resting heartrate...in the fifties. Even when they take my blood pressure and count my pulse I'm always under 60, usually 58 or so. While every body burns calories differently, I'd bet that your numbers will be pretty close to mine given the stats, possibly a bit higher? The extra cardio should make the difference. I like the hat idea, and in fact, I did think of that this morning! But wouldn't you know that I still left the house without one? However, I put my hair up in a ponytail before leaving today and it held up okay, even in the 93% humidity, so I think I've found my answer.

Waiting impatiently for this holiday weekend to start! Come on 5:00!!

Jen

Hi Ladies,

Quick check in before I head home and then back here again for another flight. I was thinking about hanging out here until midnight but I think around 9'ish I will call it a day.

My run wasn't very good today. Its just waaaaay to warm out. We didn't realize it was so warm and then I had my mind set that it was going to be a terrible run:rolleyes: On top of that I had to listen to my running partner talk about a boat they might be buying this weekend and then she talked about the importance of sunscreen:confused: I just wanted her to be quiet so I could think about how terrible my run was LOL!

Diana** I am enjoying STS but hearing you talk about GS is making me sad:( GS is my favorite series by far! Although...Im not done with STS yet. I think I am going to do one of Debbies rotations when I am done with this one. Im not sure if my sister will be taking STS back with her when she goes, I really don't know where she is going to find the time to workout once she gets back to work. She isn't very good with managing her time...and I don't mind telling her that either!

Wendy** Are you happy that there are no kids invited to this wedding? LOL I haven't been to many weddings lately where there are actually kids there and if they are, they take them home after the meal. Good job with the workout!

Jacque** That cal range does seem low but ya never know. Why don't you try a 1300 cals range for a week and see what happens? I remember wearing my HRM one time while I was doing house work and I was sweating buckets! The stupid thing said I only burned 50 cals! Sometimes I don't think they work very well.
As far as my parents go...its pointless to get mad at them b/c they aren't going to change. They think what they think and thats it.

Laura** Tut-tut...you have a busy weekend full of cabs and bad food!;) DS is at his grandparents for dinner so I am thinking about picking something up for my dinner before I come back to work...I am thinking about a burger...but ya know I will end up picking the healthy choice burger. Hope you have a good weekend! Sounds like a lot of fun!

Jen** Canada day was yesterday so we had a holiday then. I think you should particapate in that race...if I was there with you we could do it together! I did a hilly 20k last yr and if I sign up for it again this yr, I am going to do those hills once a week!

Alright..I should get going. Byonce and Tyra are on t.v...could their teeth be any nicer!!???

Lori:)

Thought I'd pop back in to report I think that changing the RHR made a difference as it is 1:30 PM and with the same AM workout and not lunch workout today my cal burn is at 1062. I didn't make it to that yesterday until about 7 or 8 last night.

Wendy - hoping you have fun at the wedding tomorrow ! Nice job on the workout. I am already getting exercise attention deficit and thinking about the Jillian weight workouts. May see if I can figure something out so I can still do weight workouts at lunch which leaves me with a 1/2 hr in the AM for cardio and then some at night too ! Perhaps a combo of Jillian & KB's. Dang if those KB's don't wear me out ! :p Course the BL cardio vids do too.

Lori - sorry for the heat during your run. I chickened out the other day when it was nearly 90'. It just gets miserable until I can catch a breeze or shade and that isn't for about 2.5 miles on the trails that I run. Hope tomorrow works better for you. So sounds like your running partner wants to mother you too about the sunscreen ? Guess you just can't get away from us, huh? I'll stop since it seems you have way to many moms these days !:p

If I can't make some progress here soon I will try to go to 1200 or 1300 but about a week is all I can stand. That pretty much leaves me with veggies and fruits with a little protein here and there. Fish, chicken and cottage cheese. That low of a cal range leaves me a bit light headed after a while as I am on the lower end of the blood pressure range. Sometimes I "black out" when I get up fast already and low cal makes it worse. Then again, this "fluff" is not good either. A definite balance is what I need to find somehow.

Jen - well 123 is where I was a couple years ago before all of a sudden it seems like I am allergic to food or something? :eek: I tried the cal staggering for a bit but within a week I was up a few pounds and I am so high now I can't fit my pants so can't take a chance gaining any more. I hope extra cardio will help. I put my hair in a pony tail too and it helps with the frizzies when working out. I use a hat when I run outside cuz it helps shield my eyes and with the sweat drops that fall into my eyes. Glad your pony helped ! Yuck on the 90% humidity. Experience Jamaica once and that was outrageous how nothing dried the entire week! Was sooooo ugly when we were "lucky" and got our bags searched - talk about stinky when they opened the suitcases after a week of warm humid weather. :eek:

But I digress here . . . We are lucky and get to leave a bit early so I need to get back to the month end stuff.

Enjoy the long weekend ladies !

Finishing off with my workout for this evening:

PLB up only using 10 lb increases then 33 min 3 mile jog. HRM showed a 450 cal burn which seems high except for that my HR was showing 145 which is at least twice my resting rate so ? ? ? And I like the cal count so far, 2100. I only wish I knew how close it really is to actual. Oh well, I have hit 13.8K steps so far today - first time I've been much over 10K. Hopefully I'll get a jump start here and can keep it up at least a few days per week. The 3 day weekend should help if I tow the line.

Jen - Does the GWF "know" whether you are sitting, sleeping, running, walking, etc? Or does it just gauge by your body motion/skin temp/HR, etc. Didn't know if the manual explains it or not. Didn't find an exact answer on the website.

Back in the AM - off to hit the spa for a bit while the sun is shining nicely on it. :D

Hi Ladies,

I'm sure only Jacque and I are up at this hour.:p I'm embarrased to admit that BSB was hard for me this morning. I did great with the Back, but struggled a bit on shoulders and biceps. It was kind of dissapointing but I knew I did my best and it was dificult. Hard to admit after doing much heavier barbell curls with STS!

We had some rain come through before bootcamp tonight so it was very humid. I felt like I had never worked out before and had a hard time catching my breath. The only difference was the humidity, as the temp was a bit cooler than normal.

Jen-I think you should run in your local race. I enjoy running in the local, shorter races. I too have curly hair and straighten it about half the time, otherwise I have to pull it up in a clip or pony. I am keeping my eye on the GWF and am hoping the price will come down a bit or I'll find it on sale.

Laura-now I know why you can't take your class outside! I struggled in bootcamp tonight and I'm sure it's because of the humidity. You have a fun weekend planned, enjoy it.

Wendy-A kid free weekend, enjoy it while it lasts! I'm sure he loves to his grandparents house anyway! Have fun at the wedding. I'm going to preview Jillians 30 day shred tonight. I haven't forgotten our deal.;)

Jacque-I'm interested to hear Jen's response regarding the GWF. I'm trying to get back into the swing of running 3-4 times per week. I plan on running outside 3-4miles tomorrow morning and doing weights later in the day.

Lori-What do you have planned this weekend?

Nighty night ladies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.