**CHEETAHS**Happy Dance Saturday

LauraR

Cathlete
OK, girls.

I'M IN!!!!

I ran 8 miles this morning and am walking fine afterwards. I am in for the 1/2 marathon!!

Now, I am not home free, because I was definitely tight. I iced one leg, showered and cleaned up, then iced the other. I will have to be cautious and baby the legs. But I can do this. And I'm a little behind on training because of having to sit things out for a week. So I may end up walking a portion of my 1/2. But the way things stand today, I don't think I have to back out.

Doing a happy, happy dance.

BBL for personals. Really.

Good Morning Girls!

Laura: I am doing the happy dance for you. So glad your ITB is going to allow you to complete your race! :D Don't feel compelled to run the entire half your first time. When I did my first half I ran for 5-6 mins and walked for 1 and it worked out very well. You have to assume that you will be picking up the pace in your race as compared to your training. When I trained I ran very slowly but when I got going in the race I was running alot faster. Had I not taken the walking breaks I would not have made it all the way through. When I did my 2nd half I ran it in it's entirety. Anyway, I'm very happy for you! Can't wait to hear about your race now!

So I did B&G Leg Blast Premix y'day to change things up a bit. That darned work out never seems to get any easier!?! :eek: Funny thing is, I can walk absolutely fine today and the toilet seat is not my enemy either! What's up with that!? :confused::D

Going to hit Centergy class this morning and also have either a PS/BS combo or just straight up BS on the tap with some Cathe floor work to do as well-I will probably do the work from B&G. I was thinking I might have to rethink this due to DOMS from y'day but hey, I guess not! :D

So I went to my BF's house last night. There were 6 girls total and we had some wine and a scumptious indian food dinner. It was awesome but OMG, I don't think my tummy liked the wine and spicey indian food combo. I only one one glass of wine but I woke up in the middle of the night feeling nauseus with a headache. I was up for about an hour. I finally fell asleep on the couch watching tv. No more nausea this morning but I still have a bit of the headache. Ack.

It's saturday so hopefully the den will be a little fuller then it's been lately. It got kind of lonely around here this week. :(

Off I go but I'll be back.;)

Last edited:
Way to go LAURA!!! You are going to do it for sure.

Wendy- Ohh, a nauseous tummy in the night! yuck. TG it is better.

Yesterday was Cardio Coach Press Play on the TM 6.5 miles and 63 minutes.

Good Morning Cheetahs

Laura...Sounds like you are enjoying your Garmin. Way to go on the 8 miles today. Do you have ITB issues on both legs?? Don't feel bad about walking during a long race. I have done it myself many times...:)

Brighton..Glad to hear DH is okay! So happy the foot is getting better and you can now get a shoe on!!..
dance.gif

Karen..Glad to hear your Dad made it through the surgery well..sending healing vibes his way!

Wendy..Good job with R&C...I have not done a Jari workout in awhile...she kinda drives me nuts...:)...Have fun with the centergy class and B&G floor work.

I have some oblique DOMS from the STS ab workout I did yesterday! Today will be either the EXT or KB for cardio and some endurance upper body work...

Have a great day...:)

ACK, I STILL have a headache. :( Well, I am going to get myself ready and trudge off to Centergy class anyway. Perhaps I will feel better afterwards!

:D Happy Dance Saturday... I love it!!!!! :D

5.gif

Yay, it's so good to see so many Cheetahs around today... yeah, Wendy & I were feeling pretty lonely yesterday! But we know everyone's just super busy with work or training or family. (Although Karen, Linda, & Dallas-- all 3 of you have been in my thoughts! Hope all is well.)

Laura: Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!! :D That is awesome about the 8 miler and feeling up to the half. And I hear you on being behind in training. I'm sure you'll do great!!!!!!!!!!

Wendy: Oh no, I'm sorry your stomach isn't really happy with last night's food & wine. :( I hope your class helps you feel better!

Judy: Hi! :) So are you a big Coach Sean fan too? I'm downloading my first CC workouts today!

Carole: Hey Iron Cheetah! :D Thanks re: DH... he's doing a little better, so hopefully that means things are-- ahem-- moving along. :rolleyes: He just feels pretty icky. We're a pretty sad pair today-- he's crashed on the couch watching movies & I'm pretty close to joining him when the kids go down for naps! I'm gonna try the foot and knee out on Monday-- may just spin or EXT and see... How are you liking STS????

Hi to all that follow!!!!!!!!!!!
2.gif

Last edited:
Hi Cheetahs!

Please forgive me but I just wasn't in the mood for checking in yesterday. My friend died and his funeral was yesterday. So sad.

I'll start from today.

Laura - Congratulations on such a good run!! Glad you will be able to do the half now! Yippee!!! You have a good plan to complete it.

Wendy - Good job with B&G Leg Blast!! Glad you're able to walk today. Glad you had a fun time with your friends and the Indian dinner. But, sorry about the tummy upset. Did the Centergy class get rid of the headache?

Judy - Great run! Think you're getting faster.

Carole - Love your new avatar! Forgot to mention that was a great pic you posted too!

Brighton - Glad DH is doing better. Sounds like you two should just take the weekend and relax. Hope the knee and foot cooperates Monday.

Yesterday's workout was BC#3, Ab Burner and 15 minutes of Burn Intervals. Today was Burn It Off, a mile on the treadmill and 3.4 miles outside with running partner. It was cold but not windy. Made the run much better this time. Finished up with Yoga for Athletes that I taped off PBS. The more I do the workouts the more I like them.

Enjoy your day!

OK. I'm back for personals.

Carole—How funny that you and DH’s mom are both Carol(e). I don’t usually have issues with both IT bands. Usually it’s only the left. But after the 10 miler the other day, the right one was tight for a while. I think that one is recovered now, but I wasn’t sure how it would act today with another long run. So that’s why I was celebrating TWO cooperative bands. ;) Sorry that you’ve wanted naps this week after all your mileage. That fact is encouraging to this newbie, though. When I first starting upping my mileage I wanted to nap, and thought, “What is this?” Of course, that was only the 6-mile threshold for me. But I guess the principle is the same—you’re just hitting it about 20 miles down the road—Iron Cheetah! How great that you have your STS videos and are getting to use them!

Judy—Good for you doing the 1RM tests. I’m dreading that. It just sounds boring!! Fortunately, I can procrastinate as we won’t be starting STS for a while. We’re going to do P90X first. And wow to your speedy 6.5 miles so soon after your ½. I think that starting Feb 22 I’m going to take a whole rest week! :D

Brighton—Glad that you’re back in shoes!! ;) What a bummer. I’m glad that you’re healing, though. Yeah, we can certainly commiserate in our ITB woes, but you’ve got this added injury. I hope you’ll make a come back. I’m so thrilled that it looks like I’ll be able to do my ½, even if it means walking some. I like your new siggy.

Wendi—I love Rav4s. It’s one of the few cars that is the same over here as in the States. I would love to have one for jetting around town, but we have to go with something bigger that will hold more people and stuff on long trips because of all the visitors we hae. But they’re fun. Congrats on your new car. Did you say what color it is? Thanks for the healing vibes. They must’ve made it here. I posted one new picture of the pups. To me, they don’t look very different yet, just bigger. So I’ll post more when they’re up and doing cute stuff. :p

Karen—So glad that your dad made it safely through surgery. I pray that he will heal quickly and completely. Praying for strength for you, too, through all this. So much crisis—may you have peace and endurance.

Wendy—You and Brighton have held down the fort this week. Thanks!! You sound like you’ve done some awesome workouts this week, both strength and cardio. Wow to the blast only section of Imax 3. I can’t imagine. I always count on the step segment to catch my breath! Sorry that I pm-ed you and then just let it drop. I owe Cathy one, too. It’s been a crazy week. I got halfway caught up today and hope to finish tomorrow! Oh, I love Indian food , but yes, it can be rough on the tummy. Thanks for happy dancing with me on the run today.

Jackie—Yes, our summit will be fun. Inspiring, too. I met several really amazing people last time, heads of national departments of education, other founders of universities . . . I felt like a real baby in the whole university department! Wow to your workout yesterday. Exercise video, TM run, outdoor run, then another video? You go, girl!

OK. Here’s something funny. As I’ve mentioned, we have a battery back-up system for our electricity, since the power goes off so much. Well, we have a display that tells us how many volts the batteries are holding at any given time. The display varies, depending on whether we’re charging power, using power, or holding steady. Well, guess what the display settle on for holding steady? Yep, 26.2! I think it’s hilarious that most of the time when I walk by my power supply I get to be reminded of my Cheetah pals. How cool is that?!

Brighton--Had my post typed out ahead of time but wanted to add on that I love, love, love your happy dance party!!

Hi Girls.

My work out is done. I did the 2nd half of Bodystrikes and the first combo from Power Strike and then I did B&G floor work but I did the ankle weight section first to mix it up and then after the stability ball segment was done I went back and repeated the inner thigh ankle weight work for an added bonus! :D All of those lower body muscles that I stretched out nicely this morning are all up in arms again now! LOL Oh well, it'll keep me goin' back to Centergy class. I swear it's helping b/c with all of this lower body work I am doing I swear I should be feeling more muscle tightness/DOMS then I am!!!! :)

Laura: Oh I have a vendetta against IMAX3. I had the work out for ages and never really did it cause the choreo was too much for my brain to handle so I eventually sold it on Ebay. FF to last year's RT and I repurchased it and swore that I would do it. Well, it took almost 6 months for me to even ATTEMPT it but I finally did and I have the blasts down. I eventually have to learn the step routines but I have to wait until I have the patience for it. Just doing the blasts makes me happy and makes the dvd worth it's purchase price. :) Thanks re my work outs as of late. I am doing a very lower body endurance focused rotation where I am working lower body almost every day with no weight or very light weights. Very funny about the 26.2 on your power back up! It's almost like an omen that you were meant to be a Cheetah! Would you ever consider running a full mary?? ;)

Jackie: So sorry to hear about your friend. (((HUGS))) Was the death sudden? Glad you are enjoying Yoga for Athletes. When do you begin the 2nd phase of CLX? I can't remember. I have to do more previewing. I've only watched one work out so far...:eek: Yes it appears Centergy class did indeed help my head. My headache is completely gone.

Brighton: Hope your foot/knee cooperate with you on Monday. Hope DH feels better real soon. So did you collapse on the couch with him at nap time? :)

Carole: LOL, Jari is not my fave in the personality dept and she is actually quite unappealing to look at in R&C as she is waaaay too skinny but it IS a good work out so I put up with her. ;) Enjoy your ab DOMS and your work out today.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.