**CABs and Abs** -- Fight the Flab! :-) Wednesday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Hi, ladies—

So we are all eating lousy. We keep this up and the thread will have to be called CABs and FLAB. *lol*

This is a busier-than-usual week for me, so it is affecting my workouts and my forum time! I managed to catch up with the cheetah thread last night but not here. Since I made a last-minute pedi appointment yesterday afternoon, I did not work out (nail stylist’s recommendation, just following orders :)). And since I am getting a haircut this afternoon, my rotation for the week has gotten really fouled up. I should've planned better, knowing what this would would be like. So, at first I thought I would try to rearrange everything and still get it all in, but I think that might be overshooting things. I've decided to insert a “recovery week” in the middle of the rotation. Maybe it doesn’t make sense to do it that way, but I was feeling tired lately, anyway, and the opening week of school is just so cramped that I think I might only be frustrated if I try to adhere to the original plan. So I will do what I can the remaining days of the week and just pick up and repeat week 11 starting on Monday. Sorry to ramble on!!

Wendy :: Absolutely – there’s a different appreciation around here for those kinds of things! I had some cheerleader smileys I almost threw in there because they made me chuckle, but I’ll save that for your next PR!! :)…The first day of work was good…I love our principal b/c he doesn’t waste time in meetings. He’s warm and funny but gets to the point…Hmm, I dunno, I don’t feel like a student going back – when I went back to school as a student, I was always nervous the first day – who were my teachers going to be? Would my friends be in my classes, and most importantly, would they be in the same lunch period or *GASP* would I be sitting ALL ALONE??? *lol* So, there was a certain anxiety aspect to the first day that is not there during the opening days as a teacher. Maybe b/c I have TOTAL CONTROL. Muaaa ha ha ha ha!! (J/K)

Angie :: No, the physical is never fun, is it? Glad it’s out of the way…ha ha on the school supplies! I would love it…No appt. yet for the migraine…I tried to make an appt. yesterday but the Philly neuro someone referred me to is on sabbatical and not accepting new patients. I have to make more calls today when I get a chance. And my primary doc’s office is strange the way they process referrals, so I have to follow up with them again, too. But reading the actual MRI reports suggests that whatever it is, it is definitely not serious, so I’m glad. I think it will explain the migraines and the general headaches/pressure I feel much of the time. I think it may not just be “bad sinuses,” so I hope there is something (without medication) that can be done…The kids come in on Thursday, but guess what? So many teachers stopped by my room yesterday and complimented me on how great it looks and smells…I felt so good…Hope you enjoyed your, um, grunting with Tony. *lol*

Laura :: OMG, so sorry your TB is still hurting! *sending quick butt healing vibes your way* I think you’re smart to play it conservative with not working out…There is no way you would become fat and huge after only one week – don’t let the demons in your head get the better of ya! As soon as you get back in the flow, you’ll bounce right back, I’m sure.

Diana :: Sorry about your sinus infection ~ lousy timing! Feel any better today?…Hope you enjoyed the haircut and derm/peel. How long does it take for the redness to subside? I might like to try something like that, but I think I may still have to wait b/c of the Accutane. My spa is running a hot stone massage/facial special. Tempting!

Hi Nancy! Hope you’re doing OK.

Have a GREAT day, everyone!!

Morning Peeps!:D

I have Slim and Lean on tap. I haven't done ANY of Jari's work outs since LAST YEAR! This should be interesting! LOL

Cathy: I am smiling about the cheerleader smilies. Next time works for me. :) Glad you don't feel like a kid on their first day back. I remember that feeling though I wasn't nervous...I was just down right pissed to have to go back! :p

Mornin' fellow java drinkers

You guys are crackin me up this morning.:) Thanks for the smiles first thing in the morning. The kids just got on the bus and I'm heading into work early to try and tackle what I know will be a pile of mail and many other tasks that should have been done yesterday.

I was so relieved when the boys got home from school yesterday. I was not at all concerned about Cody but I was sooooooo hoping Cam had a good day (he's my wild child). Well......he LOVES his teacher! *hears joyous music in the background*:) :7 :+ This is going to be a good year....I can just feel it. Last year he HATED his teacher......unfortunately for pretty good reason. That sure makes for a looonnnnnggg school year.:-(
Cody had a good day too and since he's now a teenager I'm sure he won't spill the beans about his girl interests. That's OK....dude has to have some secrets I guess.;)
It feels good to be gettin up early and getting to it first thing in the morning. This is a new concept for me.....at least since this time last year. I have been so lazy this summer....slept in a lot!
I did X-CST yesterday and my ribs are sore this morning. I'll wait to see what I feel like when I get home before deciding what I'm gonna do tonight.

Wendy - I hear you about w/o that have been on a shelf for a while. I pulled out RS on Monday and messed up some steps b/c it's been so long since I've done that one. I like it b/c it really makes me think, which makes that w/o fly by.
Since the pre-sale ended yesterday....hopefully we'll be getting those new ones soon???

Cathy - Don't feel bad about bagging the workouts this week. I'm sure you have your proverbial plate full. Workouts aren't meant to add stress to your life, so if that's what they are going to do then definitely bag it!
Yup - had a feeling you would be getting comments about your room.;)
It would make sense that the extra fluid in your brain would expand and contract with the differences in air pressure that the weather brings. I'll be interested to see what the neuro says.

Hi Laura, Diana, and Nancy - happy hump day!

I'd better get my butt off this computer and get otta here or my early day won't be so early.

Angie

Morning Ladies ..

.. well I canceled class .. and I am glad .. b/c dare I say I feel a bit better today!! :)

Brought my camera to work today .. going to take some pictures of everyone and print out and send to our friend that is battling cancer in TX ... going to put funny sayings on the back of the picture.. hoping to cheer her up!:D

well today is MY Friday!:7 .. yes I am on vacation Thursday and Friday .. and will be heading down to the beach tomorrow morning .. got some house stuff to work on .. then Fri and Sat we are fishing .. taking my big babies w/us .. maybe the weather will cooperate .. this is probably our last big fishing trip for the year!! I am ready to get out of town .. have not been to the beach in over a month .. and am missing it!!

Wendy - thanks for the gentle urging not to exercise .. you know you are a PT now .. and you know what you are talking about .. and my TB is feeling better for it!:)

Cathe - you are cracking me up w/the lunch period antics .. that was always a HUGE issue w/me .. beleive it or not back then I was shy!:eek: wonder what happened? LOL

Angie - now you have to come back to reality .. LOL .. I love being off .. but hate the work that stacks up while I am gone!! Glad the sons had a great first day of school .. and you are getting good vibes from it .. that always makes it easier! sounds like your kids are approaching the dreaded teenage years .. YIKES .. I feel for ya!!

Diana - hope you are feeling better .. my sinus problems are constant . . living down here .. the rag weed is in full bloom now .. not to mention the pollen still floating around .. right now my left ear is just a ringing!! x(

Nancy .. still thinking about you!

OK girlies .. gotta get to work .. and to snapping some pics!!:D

remember .. workout for me today ... I am feeling like some major cardio and killer ab work is in order .. can ya'll do that for me today? LOL

have a great one .. :7

Hi ladies,

Oh my, it feels like my head weighs a ton. I barely got up in time to get Jerod off to school. I ended up driving him since he would've been late otherwise. He obviously needed the sleep since he didn't wake up either. I'm feeling flabby all over and am in desperate need of a heavy weight training day. I'm thinking I can do MIS but not sure if I can manage a cardio w/o or not.

My parents ended up coming home yesterday. They are both on oxygen and the refill tank they took with them leaked so they basically had to come home. It worked out nicely since DS locked his keys in his car and DH had the spare up in the mountains. DH sent the key with my dad and they brought it over yesterday. DH is coming home tomorrow evening.

Cathy-no workout-just following instructions-you funny girl. I'm sure the pedi looks great:) My face looks pretty bad today, like a sunburn. It will start peeling in a few days and my skin usually looks really good in about 2-3 weeks. I'm saving for Botox now.:)The dark spot they did the laser treatment is really dark today. She said it would get darker before it went away. Hopefully it goes away because I will not have that done again-it hurt like a bit**!

Wendy-I'm so envious of you sometimes. Congratulations again on your PR's (in both races)!!!! I did Slim & Lean last week or so and I liked it. Don't forget to add your clients to your resume and let them give you a glowing referral.

Laura-I'm glad your TB is starting to feel better. Have a wonderful long weekend. I will do the weights for ya, but the other girls are going to have to kick their cardio up a bit more for me too ;-)

Angie-boys will be boys. I never teased them about crushes on girls, but DH sure did/does. He use to tease Cody about going on dates with his best friend John. Cody and John have been best friends since they were 12 yrs old.

Nancy-you must be back in school now. Hope everything is going great for you.

Have a great day ladies!

Diana

Hello to of my fellow Flab Fighters!;)

I am tippin' back the coffee cup once again, just waitin' for that second wind to hit so that I can get to my work out!:D

So I got on the scale this morning after just one day of good eating and I was already down 1/2 pound! I hope this trend continues for a couple more pounds!:+

Angie: RS makes me nuts. It's one Cathe step work out that I've never finished. I can get the first and second segments but the third step segment gets me every time!!! It infuriates me sooo much that I can't do it that I almost never reach for that work out. x( My fingers, toes and eyes :7 are crossed that the pre-sale orders will be shipped by the end of the month! I ordered the first day and I am in NJ so I should get them SUPER QUICK! WOOH!}(

Laura: Glad your tb is feeling a bit better today. Good thing that you cancelled your class then. Have fun at the beach this weekend!

Diana: TY re the races. Envy me? Why?? I hope you can manage the heavy lifting that you crave today. Don't worry about the cardio. It can wait! :)

My work out is done. I ended up doing UML from the Power 90 Master series. Yeah, I know...what happened to Slim and Lean you might ask?? Well, I TRIED to do it TWICE but I just couldn't get past the warm up. I just wasn't into it. I'm sure y'all can relate. I shut it off and quickly picked something else.

I gotta run for now...shower, dinner and all of that junk are callin' me now but I'll pop back in later for the last post of the evening!

Until then ladies!:)

Hey girls -

I appreciate everyone still asking about me. I've been trying to follow along and see that everyone is doing well (and eating well, lol)

I've been "ok" with eating and exercising. I'm still basically doing Pure Strength, walking, and the occasional Squeeze thrown in for good luck.

Things aren't much better for mom and she's begging to be placed in the nursing home with her sister. I'm now considering doing what she's asking but I'm really not sure if it's the best for her. We may give it a trial run. I have an appt. tomorrow with her doctor and also have an appt. with a lawyer for some legal/financial advice. I'll let you know how it goes.

BUT, REALLY, THANKS SO MUCH FOR KEEPING ME IN YOUR HEARTS!!! IT MEANS A LOT TO ME!!!!!

Nancy

ETA - Yup, back to school for me yesterday!! I think it's going to be nice to be back in a routine. (Until I get sick of the routine, that is.)

Hi ladies,

I still am not feeling very well but managed to get in my workouts-finally. I did MIS and Absolute Kickboxing. I really enjoy absolute kickboxing and it really cleared up my sinuses-if only for a short time. I just printed out the September rotation and am thinking of doing that until the 4 day split arrives. I may have to pull out RS too, all this talk about it is reminding me how fun it is. Maybe you could just do segment 3 until you get it down. It really is a fun workout once you get all down!

Jerod had football practice and it was Bronco night at the fields. I waited in line for over 1 1/2 hours to get autographs. I did get a couple of pictures too:) Jerod is quite happy even though I didn't see any of his scrimmage.

Wendy-I am envious of you because you are one of those results driven individuals that I aim to be. You have managed to be a SAHM, get your PT license, already have clients and have reached 2 PR's in the same weekend! You Rock!! I think I'm just really struggling with everything that's going on and need to make some changes but am afraid. I've been with my employer for 17 yrs but things have changed so much in the last 2 yrs and I am so unhappy there. I carry the benefits for the family as well bringing in the higher income. I think it may be time for me to move on and I guess I'm just way to comfortable where I am.

Nancy-Glad to hear from you. It sounds like a trial run would be a good idea. If your mom is going to be with her sister, it may not be as bad as you think it will. Good planning on your part for seeing a lawyer to make sure everything is in order before you make any major changes as far as your mom is concerned. So I see that you've read about all our poor eating habits the past few weeks:)

Diana

Hi girls

After tackling the pile at work, I got home and did S&H legs & shoulders. I increased the weights for legs since I bought some new 10# plates the other day for my barbell.:) Cathe had me grunting!}( I also bought a cheap mirror for $6 at walmart and have it in my basement to check out my form. Wow - I have really learned how to get into proper alignment by using the mirror! All this time I thought I had a flat back with the tricep kickbacks.....well, I do now.:) I shouldv'e bought this mirror a long time ago.

Nancy - It is so great to hear from you! I hope things are going well at school. I don't know why I was thinking that you started so much earlier. Maybe a routine is just what you need.;-)
Hope the arrangements work out well for your mom. It has to be so tough to make these decisions. Maybe she will be at peace being where she thinks she wants to be.....I guess only time will tell. Best of luck with it all.
So how's school going for your DD?

Laura - Vacation?? Again??? Maybe I need a job in the asylum.:eek: }( :p LOL! I guess there better be some perks with that job eh?
Hopefully the break will make you forget about your non-w/o craziness. So glad to hear you are feeling better. Enjoy the CABs this weekend and NO POLE DANCING!:7 :p

Diana - What grade is Jarod starting? Is he happy to be back in school?
Maybe your upcoming vacation will help you decide what you want to do with your current job. Is this something you have discussed with DH? Life's short.......try to find a way to make it enjoyable.;-)

Wendy - Yah on the half pound! RS was a bugger to learn but so fun once you get it to "click".
I saw the UPS man on our road today and was hoping I would come home to a package on my door.....wishful thinking.

Well - tomorrow is cleaning day for me and do I ever have my work cut out for me....but I plan on a lot of computer time as well. I have a ton of emails to catch up on.

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.