** Damage Control.....WED**

gidget1978

Cathlete
GOOD MORNING!!!

TWO MORE SHIFTS......THEN HOLIDAYS BEGIN!!!! WOO HOO!!!!:p:p:p

You know,I don't even know when I took holidays last. I guess you could consider my yr off with the baby a "holiday"? LOL I didn't have to go to work but staying at home certainly wasn't a walk in the park!:confused:

I didn't get to workout last night. I finally found some balls and I made an apt to get my tooth pulled:eek: It was a easier descision yesterday b/c the infection was never going to clear up,no matter how much antibiotics I took and the pressure started building up again yesterday so I knew what was coming next. I didn't care to make the apt when I wasn't in any pain but as soon as I was reminded of the pain......I made the apt. She told me to come at 4:30 but I could be waiting up to 2 hours b/c my dentist was blocked. I went and was only waiting for 30 mins (maybe).He froze it and pulled it right away. Whatever he used, froze it instantly. I thought I was going to die when he gave me the needle though! It was sooooooooooooooooooo painful:( And then when I got home it hurt even more then the toothache and I started 2nd guessing my choice. Pain is gone now though.There is some swelling there and it looks gross but it will get better and no more pain!!!!

I am up early to get my workout in before DS wakes up b/c I have to work tonight, tanning at 12:30 and DS has to go back for more blood work and xrays today to see if the pneumonia is gone. The insurance we bought for our trip was going to cover DS while we were in the U.S for pneumonia so we had to look around. Sure enough, our own insurance company covered him and its cheaper. I don't know why DS didn't check with them to begin with?

So I am going to do CTX UB and CC#3 2x's. My run is first, then I will do UB while DS is awake and around my feet:eek:

Wendy** I didn't know that you didn't sell BB anymore? I would have checked with you before buying the Chalene set....if I bought it. Did you get your workout in after? A 400 cal breakfast is a good start to your day! I don't know if I ate 400 cals yesterday! I had to skip dinner b/c of my tooth and before that my belly was bad....b/c of what was about to come:rolleyes: So I didn't really need to workout yesterday! LOL

Jen** Welcome back! You didn't order STS? My sister and I went halves on the set. Truth be known, I don't know when she is going to use them:p hehe! So for now...its my set! She doesn't live close to me and she as a small baby.AND she is due to go back to work in Sept. She isn't sure when she is going to find the time to workout when she gets back to work. I started doing the 3 m rotation but DS ended up in the hospital and I had to take a rest week. We are also going to Fl on Monday for 10 days so thats another monkey wrench.I am thinking of starting right from the beginning in May month.

Laura** DS is doing fine!Thanks for asking! Sounds like you had an awesome weekend! Im wondering how bad my diet is going to be in the up coming weeks! It probably won't be to bad on the days that we stay home and hang out at the pool but the days we are on the go could be troublesome:rolleyes:

Jaqcue** I wouldn't be able to tell you the last time I did SH! Thats a real oldy! Are you seeing any results from STS yet?

Diana** The 5:30 class sounds good! But it is a little early! Again...I wish there were things like that to do around here.My SIL told me last night that I should be a personal trainer. If we were in a city, I would look into it, around here....I don't think there is that much money in it. I am ready for a carrer change, I think. If I get laid off at work, i think I am going to do a LPN course (nursing assistant) There are grants for things like that around here. I could take the course and govt would pay for it b/c I would be on unemployment.They would also pay for my sitter as well. I wouldn't stress about your weekend to much. Maybe you were fighting off a bug or needed to rest!

I will bbl!
I am already 8 mins late starting my workout! And Im not even dressed yet!

Lori:)

Happy Hump Day! :)

Another rest day in the bag yesterday. I'm gettin' pretty good at this! :p I also rocked with the food too! I made my goal (low cal) WITH a small glass of wine included! :D My macros were on target as well. WOO HOO!

I found it much easier to maintain my low end calorie goal with out starving yesterday and I am pretty sure it was because I didn't work out. That being said, I am going to try and get my as many of my rest days in line with my low cal days as I can. If I continue to feel like I'm STARVING on the days that I eat less and work out then I may bump up my intake on those days by 100 cals and see if that helps or perhaps I'll see how I can make those days' work outs less intense (ie: not adding cardio to weights, less intense or shorter cardio sessions)...um NOT!!!...Lighten up the work outs! Yeah right! Who am I kidding!?! :p I'll be going with the calorie option for sure. :)

Lori: Glad you finally decided to have that tooth pulled. It's the best thing you could have done IMO. I had a tooth pulled many many years ago. You are right-the novacane needle is SICK but once that is over with it's not a big deal. I don't remember alot of pain after the novacane wore off but DO remember having a totally numb mouth so I had to sit with a bowl under my chin so that I could push the extra saliva out of my mouth because I was in danger of drooling if I didn't. LOL I couldn't spit because I was too numb to make it happen. GROSS, sorry if that was TMI but it makes me laugh to remember it. What a sight it must have been! :D

Jacque: I don't eat shrimp so I am not surprised that I had no idea what a prawn is. Thanks re the veggie suggestion. This is why I make lots of salads and will often eat alot of veggies at dinner if I am not making a carb option for DS and DH that I want to eat. Sometimes I make something for myself separately but there are many times I just can't be bothered! That being said, I made meatloaf for dinner y'day and although I LOVE LOVE LOVE it, I only ate a couple small pieces and then loaded up on the green beans instead. I should have saved that meal for a high calorie day so I could eat more of it. Oh well, maybe next time. :)

Diana: So what did you decide for your leg work out-early morning or during laundry?? I am always doing laundry while working out. I throw it in the wash or dryer and by the time I am done working out my laundry is done too! :)

Laura: Welcome back. Glad you had a blast in Biloxi! If DH gets back to work soon *fingers crossed*, I am hoping to hit AC in May! :)

Jen: So did you order CLX?? :D

Today's work out is Push 2 with cardio intervals or gym cardio. I thought about getting up early this morning to bang out either the weights or cardio so I'd only have the other to do after work but that didn't happen. LOL

Today is supposed to be my 3rd low cal day before a higher cal day tmrw BUT I am going out to dinner and drinks with a friend tonight. Plans I made before I started counting cals/calorie staggering again. That being said I will just resign myself to a higher cal day today and move on. We are going to TGIF's so I am going to see if they have any nutrtional info online and try to make the smarter choices. I'd rather DRINK my extra calories tonight. ;)

Tomorrow I am going to dinner at mom's. Another high cal day I guess. UGH. I will do my best to stay in line during the day though. After that Friday and Saturday can be low cal but then again on Sunday it's high cal for Easter! :eek: See how life gets in the way? Oh it can be sooo annoying at times! :confused: After Sunday though I should be okay for a while...Thank goodness. :)

Okay off to feed mine and my son's face some breakfast!:D

Later!

Good Morning Lori, and all who follow!!

Lori, your upcoming vacation sounds awesome! What part of FL are you going to? Are you planning on doing Disney or anything? Hot and sunny weather sounds sooooo good right now. I'm so sick of the cold :mad: And even though the sun seems to want to shine here today, it's still only 36 degrees. Ugh...gross.

So that was a great idea to go halves with your sister on STS. You'll be able to hand it over just as you're getting sick of it and looking for something new. I wish my sis would work out. We've joined gyms together in the past, but she never sticks with it. Anyway, I did order STS, way back when the pre-sale was first announced, and I recieved it back in January along with everyone else, but I was recovering my first surgery back then and there was NO WAY I could do STS, so it has sat, unopened, in my closet since then.Travesty, isn't it??? But I'm still not ready for that so I'm looking at CLX for now and hope to jump into STS in a few months. I've lost so much muscle the past few months. I hope what people say about muscle memory is true...

Today marks two weeks since surgery and getting back to the old me :D, and I think I'll either hop on the tread for a bit or head outside into the sunshine for a nice long walk later to celebrate. Unfortunately, I can't venture too far away from the bathroom these days, so it's likely to be the tread. Might have to opt for sitting on the deck in to sun instead.

I'll bbl for sure ~

Jen

Hey Wendy!! We were posting at the same time!

Of course I ordered CLX :D:D:D What the hell else do I have to do these days but shop online anyway :p

In response to your comment on how you can handle lower cal days better when there's no workout, there's something to that. There's a woman named Leigh Peele who wrote a couple e-books called The Fatloss Troubleshoot and The Metabolic Repair Manual. I bought The Fatloss Troubleshoot, and in it she argues that if you want to lose weight, often the best thing to do is to create a (rather extreme) calorie deficit (like 1200 cals) and to focus on less intense cardio (like a 60 minute walk). It does exactly what you talked about yesterday....makes it easier to handle the deficit. She also says that eight hours of sleep a night is critical, because while you sleep your body burns only fat. I'm paraphrasing obviously. She explains it in more detail and backs it up with science in the book. That being said, it's easier said than done for us exercise junkies. I could never apply it myself :rolleyes: ...but I just thought I'd mention it anyway as some food for thought. How much weight are you looking to lose anyway? I've seen your pics in the past, and you're skinny. I have a hard time believing you have anything to lose!

Hope you have a blast with your friend tonight. I'm pretty sure TGIFs has some decent choices on their menu for lighter fare. I haven't been there in a while, but I'm sure there are grilled chicken dishes that you could adapt to fit into your calories for the day.

Okay, not I really should get off my butt for a bit.

BBS~

Jen

Hey Girls!:)

Back to report! I got all of my workout in before DS woke up (almost). I did 6. something miles on the TM in 55 mins and CTX UB but I had to cut the tris short. Thats o.k.....I hate working tris anyway;)

Wendy** I have no trouble sticking to low cal days either when I don't workout.....or I workout in the night time, like I have been doing lately. Im suprised Im not starving in the morning though. On that note, I will probably be hungry all day.
Hoping to never have to get another tooth pulled in my life:confused: Funny story...when my FIL was only 14 he had a toothache so he went to the dentist. He had to travel by horse and sled (thats how long ago it was) When he got to the dentist he told him to pull out all of his teeth b/c he never wanted to have another toothache again and thats what the dentist did! On their way home they stopped at someones house for lunch and they were serving corn on the cob:eek: LOL!

Jen** We are going to Orlando and yep,we are doing the Disney thing. Im not sure what else we will do but Seaworld is a must as well. Other then that, some shopping and relaxing! We don't want to come back tired. The weather as been crappy here as well. Alot of rain, which is o.k cause there isn't much snow left. Normally we have mounds of snow left! Glad to here you are on the mend. I can only imagine what you felt like....I thought I was dying when I had a tooth pulled;)

I will bbl today! We are getting ready to go to the hospital for blood work....poor Rylan!

Lori:)

Lori, OMG I just had to pop in and say my mouth dropped open at the story about your FIL :eek: ! It's both shocking and amusing! That poor guy...can you imagine any dentist agreeing to that today?? No freakin' way. Boy, times have changed....

I've been to Disney and SeaWorld once. I loved Seaworld. I thought it was better than Disney! Your kids are going to have a blast! Great workout, by the way.

Mine is lame compared to yours, but it's what I can handle right now, which was a 40 minute walk on the tread for a total of 2.25 miles. It's better than nothing :cool: Gotta start somewhere, right?

BBL~

Jen

Good morning ladies -

Popping in to report a nice quick 3 mile run this AM before I have STS Legs after work. May walk a bit after that if I get started early enough because I find it helps keep the soreness at bay.

I am still soooo sore in the UB from the workout on Mon nite !

BBL @ lunch for personals !

PS - Good job Jen - you sure don't want to over do it as it will cause a set back. Slow is great and don't feel like you aren't keeping up ! ;) You are doing well to get moving.

Hello ladies ..

STS chest, shoulders, tris DONE!! OMG .. think I may have went too heavy ... on all the reps I BARELY eeked out the last 2 ... but I guess that is where she wants you .. my chest is like jello right now though!!! :confused: SIL is gonna teach kickboxing for me tonight .. wants extra practice before our charity thing .. I have had several people say that I am way too hard .. they are scared of my classes :confused: .. :( ... I will probably only end up w/my "regulars" ... :(! I guess it is a compliment in on way .. but kinda sad in another!!

Lori .. eeewwwww ... the tooth .. gives me the "heebie jeebies" thinking about it .. but glad you got it seen about b-4 your holiday!! The story about your FIL .. WOW .. hard to beleieve .. that was not THAT long ago .. (I am getting old) .. My MIL has false teeth .. think it was the cheapest thing to do back in that era!!

Wendy ... I missed your diet you are doing .. I take it is a kinda calorie stacking (staggering) low fat diet? good luck .. GOSH I have been starving since starting STS .. hoping this upcoming "active recovery" will burn off some of the useless calories!!

Jen .. congrats on the walk .. hey 2 weeks is NOT a lot of time missey .. do not mess up and have a set back!!!

Jacque .. and run and STS legs?? OK .. you are begging for some DOMS!! LOL

Di .. hope your weather is improving .. our did .. it is like night and day ... about 76 degrees .. the cold snap lasted just under 12 hours .. :confused:

OK .. about to run .. have a great day .. and will BBL to see what you girls are up to .. :D

Hiya ladies !

Lori - glad you got rid of that PITM (pain in the mouth) and are doing better today. And you got your workout nearly finished by the time DS got up? How great was that ? So great you are getting away for quite a while to a fun place (though I haven't been there, but grew up a 1/2 mile from a California beach). A beach bunny at heart I am - it was the only place I could relax for the longest time and used to go even in the rain. Will always be my solace.

Wendy - I so know how you feel about being hungry these days. It has to be the workouts ! I kept it to 1 serving of PB y'day ! :rolleyes: Just had to have it though . . . and then I did step so hoping I burned it off !:eek: I always try to aim for a good dose of protein and it typically helps me stop the hunger - but first I have to leave the kitchen or everything is game ! Way to go on your eating yesterday - the rest day too ! Good luck at dinner tonight - you can always make up for it tomorrow (except at your Mom's if I remember correctly). It is about portion control if you can do that with the "less than stellar meals". :p

Jen - Did you get in a little sunshine today?

Laura - Which disc are you on now? Diana and I are on Week 3 of Meso 2 and I tell you those double waves are killer, huh? I am still so sore from Mon evening's workout. Glad she put Legs in between UB this cycle.

I try to do a little something after legs if I have time and have found that a light TM run or some hills seems to help from the DOMS setting in too badly. We'll see if I do or not - I have not previewed the workout so if it is anything like the UB earlier this week I may be barely walking by the time I am done.

Diana - how did Legs go for you? Hopefully better than your meetings?

OK - back to work for me - got tons that hit all of a sudden.

Happy evening ladies !:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.