** DAMAGE CONTROL...THURSDAY **

gidget1978

Cathlete
Is it Thursday??? I dont even know anymore!

Good Morning!

Another not so great night, but what do I expect when I am sleeping at a hospital!:confused: I thought DS looked warm, his cheeks were flushed and sure enough, he was. Took his temp and it was back up to 38.3. When he sezuired it was 43.5!:( Im just getting so fustrated b/c why is everything going back up? No one as time to explain anything b/c they are sooo busy so we dont get answers until we drill someone. Then when we looked his IV wasnt working....had to take the old one out (waking him up) to put a new one in but the nurse couldnt get the vein. The Dr is coming in early to put his IV back in so DH will ask her a ton of questions then.
The good thing is, his temp didnt go up again anymore last night. I was starting to get a little freaked out and I had a couple of good cries for myself.
I wont be sorry when this is all over! Not only that, the hospital as turned into a circus with all kinds of freaks roaming around:confused: Have to keep the doors shut at all times to keep the weirdos out!

I managed to do CC 3 yesterday evening on my break away from the hospital. I thought it would make me feel better....it didnt:(

I wont get a workout in today either b/c as soon as I leave work, its straight to the hospital again!

I will check in again later and maybe catch up on personals! Thanks everyone for your thoguhts, prayers and get well wishes!

Lori:)

((((HUGS))))) to you Lori. I know how you feel. It is bringing back memories of when my DS was hospitalized over Christmas at 18 months old. I cried more then once while we were there. I am so sorry this is happening. I hope they figure it out and get your little boy well again and FAST!

Good Morning Girls.

Sorry I never made it back for personals yesterday. By the time dinner was done and I did Extrme Abs, I had to "throw myself" out the door to get to Centergy class and when I came back all I did was lay on the couch for an hour before heading to bed. I guess I was tired.

Diana: Jari is releasing another Ripped lifting video. I forget what it's called though. :p I have KB's ranging from 10 to 30 pounds and have use for all of them. Perhaps I will give them a go for a little while after CLX is completed and before starting the X! :eek: Sorry you had to take a rest day y'day. I hate it when that happens and I wanted to work out. :mad:

Jacque: I definately think you should do CLX after STS! It's tough but the work outs are shorter so it will be a nice change. It's also lots of fun and I have definatley reached "almost puke factor" while doing it!!! ;) Okay, I am holding you to that-you girls will do round 2 of STS when I start round 1 in 2010! :D

Hey, anyone wanna do the X with me in a few months?? I have 9 weeks of CLX left and then I might want to swing the bells around for a few weeks before starting so that will give you girls time to finish STS. Are you all doing the 3 or the 6 month program?? My DH is doing the X right now and it's inspiring me to do it again! :D Besides, I vowed that I would do that plus another program I already own before allowing myself to get STS! :eek:
Let me know...you obviously have lots of time to decide! LOL

Today calls for Push Circuit #3 but I MIGHT make today a rest day. I have decided that I am going to try taking 2 rest days per week as the program dictates. I am not going to strictly follow Chalean's schedule for them but I am going to take them. I am now thinking that perhaps I am just totally over-training as I have pretty much been working out 7 days a week for a while. Instead of just backing it down to 6 which I have done for years, I figure I will try it this way instead. I've never done it before. Perhaps my body will like. I may not but if it works I will learn to deal with it! :p If I don't rest today I am DEFINATELY resting tmrw and you can hold me to it! :)

Hi ladies,

Just a quick post before I jet off to work. We are expecting up to a foot of snow today. Not only that but I have an all day meeting from 8-5. I will be leaving early though to get to Dentist appt for myself and Jerod. The news is indicating the evening travel to be much more treacherous than this morning.

DH is letting me drive his truck and since it sits outside (too long for the garage) I need to get it started and brushed off.

Wendy-I would consider another round of the X. It would be my own rotation though adding more cardio and leg work. Sorry, but I won't be joining on Jari's ripped program. Nice try though:p I think we are all following the STS 3 month rotation. It's really hard to stick with the same thing for 6 months.

Lori-prayers and hugs comin' your way. Stay positive and DS will soon be home.

Gotta run...

Good morning ladies !

Popping in before work also as I was up a little early ! :p Hope this sleep pattern sticks cuz it will leave me time post before all of you are turned in for the night and also do 1/2 hour of cardio on weight days. I am down 3 lbs from a month ago and hoping that sticks too ! Not being perfect on the food side of things so I think it is the additional cardio. This could be easier to handle than strict eating (with no CABS ! :eek:)

Lori - can you get a second opinion here ? Or request any additional testing? Perhaps anything you could research on your own? That seems so scary that he is fluctuating so much for pneumonia? I thought once most people get on the antibiotics it tends to take care of it rather quickly, especially in such a young healthy person. More HUGS coming your way ! You may be too tired to workout now not only with lack of sleep but the worrying takes its toll also. Good time to take a break.

Take Care !

Wendy - well you sound like you needed the sleep so don't apologize here ! And you know darn well that you should be taking rest days chickie ! How else can your body repair? That may be part of the weight hanging in there too?

Are you asking about doing P90X? I might think about it but will have to go back and see how many push ups are involved. I did figure out that I could use a chair and not put as much strain on my shoulders. I did like the KB suggestion too since I got mine for Xmas and haven't used them yet. Now that would be a total shock to my routine ! ;)

Diana - hope you make it home before the snow this afternoon ! Good idea that you take the truck for some extra protection out there in the slippery terrain !

ITA about doing STS 6 month routine. I do like it, but the boredom factor might hit me if I did all of the twice. 3 months will be perfect for me. Now I need to start thinking about what to do next since you all are throwing out so many options here !

Hey Laura - missed you yesterday ! Hope I find you well here in the check in today.

Have a nice day ladies ! I won't be here at lunch - have a meeting with the insurance broker. Will be traveling here soon as we need to do meetings to announce the bad news that we will be passing on more of the health insurance costs to our ees. :(

Hello again Loverlies.

Just finished my work out. YIKES! Near puke status for sure on that one! :eek: I added in the cardio intervals between the weight work. I started with the first cardio immediately following the warm up and got in 10 intervals at one minute each. I used Cathe's Kickmax Blast routine as my guide for the cardio. Between that and lifting heavy with Push 3 I started running out of gas about half way through and had to grab some apple juice to help re-energize. I made it through and am thrilled that it's now overwith! LOL :p

Jacque: CONGRATS on the weight loss girl! You've lost just under what I am lookin' to lose (4-5 pounds). Not much but man can it be tough to do!!! Yeah, that's what I'm thinkin'-that I have been over-doing it which is hindering the weight loss. Tomorrow will be my second rest day this week then. All of the high impact cardio is making my knees squawk too so an additional rest day should help in that area as well. :) Push ups in the X are mainly in Chest and Back. I know other work outs have them but I don't think it's a crazy amnt like it C&B. Now pull ups are a different story...they are EVERY WHERE!:eek::D You still haven't used the KB's yet? That's it! Now we HAVE to do atleast a couple weeks of KB's after CLX/STS so that you can try them!!!;)

Diana: Oh c'mon. I know you better then to even TRY to convince you to go for anything Jari puts out! That would be like trying to get you to buy another Debbie Seibers program (Slim Series instructor)! :p :D Good luck driving through that snow to get to the dentist. I hope the really bad stuff holds off until you are home safe. You can tweak the X however you need to. I don't intend to do it exactly by the book either so no worries.

Well, that's about all for now. I sucked down a protein shake while typing this so now it's time for some REAL FOOD!

Ciao Bellas!:D

Morning Ladies

Sorry didnt get home till late yesterday .. MIL did SO WELL thank GOD .. we waited FOREVER for them to take her down though ... I hate when hospitals do that .. I really felt for her b/c she was starving and thirsty .. didnt take her down till 11:15 or so .. she ate supper but that is a LOOONG time w/o food .. she did great and was so happy all of her children and wives were there .. the sister didnt come but boy did she ever call .. and fussing about the others being late when she wasnt even there .. :mad: .. (duct tape was firmly on my mouth) .. the SIL makes me sick .. she is hard to take but I managed ... the other SIL is totally cool and cracks me up .. just one bad egg we had to put up with!! LOL But DH was releived his mother is ok .. and we were able to get home and celebrate his b-day OUR way ;);););)

LORI: OMG .. I am so sorry your son and you are going thru this .. has to be hard for a child .. I HATE hospitals when my dad had his wreck he was in SCIU for a solid month in a coma .. it was HORRIBLE .. but cant imagine having a child sick and I know you must feel helpless and being at the mercy of doctors .. ugh .. I remember chasing them down and giving them the third degree .. WHY not come by and TALK w/the family . shoot straight from the hip about it .. guess they are too scared to say too much b/c of lawsuits ....???? ...girl sending up some more prayers for your little one and your family!!! The only thing I can say is that w/his fever fluctuating the best place for him is in the hospital .. THANK GOD it was not meningitis ... and I pray they get the right antibiotics and get the pneumonia the H### outta there .. hang in there and give your little one a kiss from your cyberpals .. {{{{ hugs and comforting prayers to you }}}

Wendy ... P90X .. ??? OMG .. girl I cant even think about it right now .. I am loving STS so much I really think once done I am going to start it all over again!!! :eek:

Di .. we are getting pounded w/rain today .. and your getting snow?? YIKES .. drive safe!!

Jacque .. congrats on the weight loss ... wooohooo .. doing a happy dance for you .. ITA about the CABS dont think I would have ANY fat if it were not for those delicious calories!!:D

Thanks for the positive prayers and energy for MIL .. it must have worked .. thank GOD! OK .. about to go to the gym and meet SIL .. we have a make up STS w/o today .. tris and back!!! Tonight's class is gonna be the dreaded SIX step class :eek: .. have a great one ..

Lori . . hang in there!!! I pray your little one make drastic improvements soon!!!

Hi ladies,

My all day meeting ended up being cancelled at 8:15. Several of us made it in, a couple others called and were stuck on the highways. After all this they ended up closing the office at 9:20. I had a treacherous drive home and am so thankful to be home. We were driving around cars that couldn't make it up a hill and it was pretty scary. I probably would've been one of the cars stuck on the road if I was in my own car.

I also called and rescheduled our Dentist appts. The Dentist's receptionist said they would probably be heading out soon too. I am settling in with a hot cup of coffee to watch movies with Zach.

Of course, since I don't have work I should be able to get in a cardio workout this afternoon.

Jacque-Are your legs sore??? Mine are!! Loved that leg w/o. Dermabrasion takes off the top dead skin layer, minimizes pores and small wrinkles, revealing fresh, bright and healthy new skin. I suffer with acne and it really cleans out the pores too. The lam probe treatment I had last time didn't quite get rid of the hyperpigmentation spot under my eye. I'm having the lam probe done on just that one spot next Friday.

Laura-Glad to hear MIL is doing so good. That's great news. I guess the best part is you got to celebrate DH's birthday your own way!!! Did you see my post yesterday, I loved the meso 2 leg w/o. You were right, this mesocycle is the kind of lifting I prefer. I think you are a week or so ahead of Jacque and I. Are the workouts the same each week like meso 1- where they are just in a different order with a new exercise thrown in each week? You know what I mean...

Wendy-your workout today sounded awesome!!! I'm in for a few weeks of KB's after you finish CLX and we finish STS. I only did my 3 KB w/o each once. I need to get some more kb weight selections and I'll be ready to go after STS. You definitely need to work in at least one rest day per week to let your body recover-you should know that. Otherwise you might not get the results you are looking for.

Lori-Hang in there missy. We are sending hugs and prayers your way!!

bbl

Diana: I know we should all take atleast one rest day per week but I know a few peeps who don't unless something comes up and it works fine for them so I figured I'd try it. I guess it didn't work so on to something new! :D I will be playing my rest days by ear though. I am not setting them in stone this way I can try to take them when I need or want them each week and not just when the calendar says I should take one. Glad you made it home safe from work. Thankfully they closed the office. There was a pretty bad snow storm here at the beginning of the week that we were in Vegas. Most of the folks that DH knows that were flying out after us were due in the day after the storm hit. He was worried that they might not make it in time to compete. Thankfully the airports had everything cleaned up in time and everyone made it out in time and safely. I think we got about a foot of snow but we never saw a flake. It was gone by the time we got home! :)

Laura: Oh thank goodness your MIL made it out of surgery with flying colors!!! That's so awesome! Love those tough seniors! They kick ass! :D Sorry you had to deal with the SIL you aren't fond of but like you said, one bad egg in a room of many isn't so bad. Thank goodness for duct tape! ;) LOL LMBO at your response to the X proposition. Do you want feel is best for you. I was just puttin' the idea out there! :)

Almost luch so thought I'd hop on in for a minute.

Reporting that I am starting to feel the old legs now - especially getting up out of my chair and doing the stairs. Not real bad, but I know what body part I worked out yesterday.

Thanks for the kudos on the weight loss - unfortunately I am only back to where I was at the beginning of the year. Would like to drop more - not sure how much I have added as muscle with STS - my Ormon is not showing any fat loss at all but I can see more muscle with my eyes. :confused:

Laura - glad MIL came out of everything well. Good job without duct tape ! :rolleyes: Enjoy your workout today !

Wendy - I'm all for some KB's post STS. Good to hear you will be resting a little more. Especially if the bod is feeling some pain.

Diana - glad to hear that you got off early and are staying in out of the storm. Now make sure you get your workout in ! :eek: LOL !

Until later.

afternoon ladies .. I AM STARVING .. I swear since starting STS my appetite has increased to a ridiculous level!!:mad:

Di .. the legs: they are the same format .. three sets ..but some different exercises .. the second one she actually does 3 sets back to back then a 4th set to failure. I looked ahead to the third one which will be SAT .. and it is totally different .. looks like she takes three different exercises does them back to back and repeats them 3 times .. it looks like a KILLER!!! Today she did ONE LEGGED DEADLIFTS :confused: ok .. she is evil .. pure evil ... thought it was a dang back and bis w/o .. but my butt and hammies are shaking so bad it is ridiculous (my back is going to be UBER SORE tmrrw)

Wendy .. you would have really LOL if you could have seen my expression when you asked about doing the X again .. LOL .. looked something like this::eek::confused::confused::confused::p:p:p

Jacque .. it is funny to me everytime I check in the afernoon you are just getting lunch .. what we are three or four hours different in time zones?? So when I w/o at 11:00 at lunch that is YOUR morning right?? LOL .. I can finally say I w/o in the morning (CA time that is) .. LOL!!!:p

OK .. gonna have to go get something to eat .. the tapeworm in my stomach is growling at me :confused::mad:

Woo Hoo - just found out the local Walmart has the weight benches in stock, I just keep getting there when the trucks are being unloaded and there are too many pallets in the way ! :D:(

So they are going to try to get one dow and then call me tomorrow. I just may be spending my rest day on Sunday with a wrench and screwdriver ! :p

Today is supposed to be Step Blast - I'm getting a bit of a late start and there is a Sharks game on - tonight they are winning and it's on TV - not sure how I'm going to work this? :confused:

Hope everyone has had a nice evening - I'm guessing Laura is in bed already based upon our time difference? LOL ! ;) I think we are only 2 or 3 hours different but I usually don't eat lunch until 1 - 1:30 since I have my snack around 10 or so. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.