** DAMAGE CONTROL.....TGIF **

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!:)

I put the TGIF in for you guys...cause it ain't for me! Im working day shifts all weekend. Last week the girl who worked for me took Wed off b/c my boss didn't want her to get "burned out" in case i was off longer:confused: Which I can see...but guess who worked the most and had to keep up with the hospital stuff? ME! No one cared if i got burned out! I worked Thurs, Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues and now this weekend. While the girl i work with was off for 4 days straight:confused: Ugh!:)

I am up early to get my workout in before work. I thought I had decided to not workout in the morning cause it makes me hungier but for some reason I just can't break the habit! Knowing I have it done and out of the way for the day is always nice and if I want to add an extra cardio in tonight, then thats an option to. DS goes to the sitters today for the first time in ages so I am sure DH is going to have fun dropping him off. He will probably cry and cry......:rolleyes: and he may have a nap, which means i wouldn't get to workout tonight anyway.

I put STS to the side yesterday and my workout was GS legs. I felt like I needed a real good leg workout that was going to make me sore and thats what I got:D I also did ME abs and CC#3 last night. I did challenge 1 and 3 2x's until I reached 5 miles. Today I am going to do GS shoulders, abs and Im not sure what run yet. Maybe some of CC # 7, I like that one.

Wendy** I know whats its like to lack in motivation:p After a week off last week I didn't really care to hop back on the TM. Now if the scale was up, I probably would have been more inclined to work my butt off, but I had actually lost weight so I was in no hurry. Not to mention...I was TIRED! I think I have finally caught up on the sleep I missed though and I am feeling better. I've tried logging my food as well, hasn't worked out to well for me. I keep forgetting to do it and then half of the stuff I eat isn't in the list so I have to customize my food...which I don't have time for either! The best time I ever did it was when i was following ww's online. I had nothing else to do but take care of a baby, so I had lots of time to log my food.

Jaqcue** My legs are screaming at me as well, Im not sure how I am going to get on the TM yet:confused: I always like to do some weights in the morning before cardio cause it gives me a little more time to wake up and drink my coffee. Did you get your bench put together? I love getting things in the mail:D I don't get any cramps but I do get this tightness in the back of my knee that really bothers me if I am running. Like, if I am doing a circuit workout and I lie down to do chest, sometimes this tightness will appear and when I am doing cardio it feels like it could snap. Not a good feeling!

Have a good day everyone! Good Morning to Laura and Diana!

BBL!
Lori:)

Good Morning Girls.

Today is a rest day but I am dubbing it an "active rest day" as I want to do Extreme Abs since I missed it y'day and Recharge as well. I would save abs for tmrw but I already have Push #3 and some cardio at the gym on tap for the morning. I will be out all day from noon time on tmrw so I won't have any other time in my day to work out. That being said, I'd rather not put abs on the pile for Saturday morning. It'll just be too much.

I was never able to get back here last night. DH got home from bowling and jumped on the computer so I went to bed. :p

Lori: Logging food is boring and tedious but it is a real eye opener. I avoided it as much as I possibly could while trying to get this pesky weight off but I've come to the conclusion that I just have to bite the bullet and do it. Nothing else is working so it's GOT to be the food. If I don't really SEE what I'm eating then I can't take control of it. I used Cathe's nutrtion program the last time I did the food log thing but I was so obsessed with the "report card" function that it was taking even LONGER to log everything. I also managed to fail miserabely at losing any weight for some reason. GRRRR. Hopefully if I can get a handle on calorie staggering it will help me. Yesterday I missed the mark as I was too high for the low cal days and too low for the high cal day! OOPS! :p I think your boss probably feels that you are his most capable employee and therefore (unfortunately I guess) puts the bulk of the responsibility/hours on you.

Jacque: Well I did Burn Intervals low impact last night. It was okay. I would have much rather been jumping around though. :p By the time I worked out nothing was hurting me though and it didn't hurt at all during or after the work out either so I'll take it. I want to split tmrw's cardio between the EXT and running. Keep your fingers crossed that my knees don't complain! :eek: Sorry about that foot cramp. How painful AND frustrating for you!!! Congrats on the weight bench! Did you get it together last night?

That's all for now...BBL! :)

Last edited:
YES TGIF and Vacation Day for ME !

Top o'the Morning Ladies !

Happy happy happy - I never worked out last night since I did laundry, watched the Sharks win (yippee) and started putting together my weight bench. Most reviews said it takes about 3 hours and, I think longer for me cuz I was watching TV in between ! :p Got the bench about 1/2 done, the stands will go quickly.

This morning I am just about ready to finish my leg workout and then I'll do cardio to make up for y'day - am going to do 4DS Bootcamp & Kickbox. Then it's off to work for an hour or so (had to make an appt for a safety issue) and then we'll see. I need to hit the stores quickly, pick up tomato plants and soil, a few things I forgot the other day and then home. Will attempt to study the materials for my upcoming "all weekend employment law course", put in my garden and finish my weight bench. If I move quickly enough I will be able to get it done and then use if for my Back & biceps STS tonight. I am thinking it will work well for pull ups and can't wait to see how that goes.

Lori - I'm glad you got to work lots cuz now you'll have more $ to spend on your trip ! :rolleyes: I understand being used to a specific workout time - for me I think working out in the evening is helping me sleep better. Ever since I started at night again my sleep has been great. Now last night, no workout, not as much sleep. :confused: It may be all in my mind, but whatever works for this old lady to sleep is what she needs to do! :D

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the STS leg workouts when you get to Meso 2 - I am getting DOMS and didn't in Meso 1 at all. Good idea to do GS if you wanted the burn ! Hope work goes well for you today.

Wendy - Active rest is still better than a rough workout. Good to hear you felt fine with the lower impact workout yesterday - <<<crossing fingers AND toes>>> that today is pain free too ! ;) I always think I'm doing well with food until I log - makes me realize sometimes that my macros are way off. How many cals are you using for high and low days and do they coordinate with your workouts? Or merely to "trick" your bod with the alternating? I've only had staggered simply because of my appetite or lack of willpower ! :eek: Not because I have intentionally planned ahead. In fact, I haven't been planning very well as I gained back the 3 lbs I lost two weeks ago. Too much eating out the end of last week ! :eek: My schedule just didn't work well and now I'm back to square one. Please let me know if you are following some sort of plan - I'd like to see how it might work out for me.

Off to hit the weights - BBL when I need a break between chores.

Diana & Laura - hope yesterday wasn't too bad for either of you. I always worry when one of us doesn't make it here (except Laura on the weekends !:p)

Jacque: Once I get a handle on what and how much to eat to reach my #'s I will be following (to the best of my ability) the same plan I followed the first/last time I calorie staggered which is 3 days at a deficit calorie intake and then 1 day at maintenance calorie intake. I followed this regardless of my exercise schedule some days I ate full cals on a rest day. I am using 1615 as my low and 2085 as my high to start with and will adjust from there if it's not working. You can use any online calculator to figure out your approximate caloric needs in order to maintain your weight and then you need to subtract from that to get your deficit number but it should never be more then 500 cals less I was told. It worked like a charm for me after Joey was born. I was having a hard time getting the last 10-15 pounds of pg weight off and it did the trick plus a few extra! BONUS! :D

Hi ladies,

I didn't have a chance to make it here yesterday. Had to be to work early so didn't have a morning w/o. I did have meltdown class and my instructor took some goodies from a drill seargent I think. She had us sprinting down a long hall way carrying dumbbells above our shoulders! By the time the last stretches came along we were all carrying the weights by our thighs! We also ran laps, shuffled laps, side squats around the track etc. We ended with tricep, bicep, and ab work.

This morning was Back and Biceps. I can't believe I was doing bicep curls with a 45lb barbell. I haven't used this heavy of weight for biceps since working with Ms. Fit. Of course by the time concentration curls came along I was only able to use 15's. I wish I had 17's since the 20's were a bit too heavy, but I did use twenty's for the last set.

Wendy-Good luck tracking your food. I try to track mine on fitday or Cathe's nutrition site but sometimes I just don't have time. Sorry your knees are hurting you. Good modification going with the low impact version. I'm struggling with my weight right now too and I know its my eating. I'm a compulsive eater but am working on that. Tom Venuto's book has some good ideas regarding eating for other reasons than fueling your body (hunger).

Lori-sorry you have to work all weekend-that's no fun. I still don't know how you manage getting your workouts in at all different times of the day. You are amazing!! When do you leave for vacation? Is it next week? GS legs is one of my favorites too. The ball work is great in that one.

Laura-Hope you are having a great day. You must be busy too.

Jacque-You might want to try arch supports in your shoes and see if that helps alleviate the cramping. How exciting that you got your bench. Let me know how hard it is to put together. I might need the assistance of DH or one of the boys. I did put together a bookcase before so maybe I could put it together. My lifting hooks came in and I used them this morning on Back & Biceps. They work great.

bbl

Wendy** I agree, logging food is a great eye opener. Whenever my weight goes up a little...I can never figure out why, until I start jotting down what I have been eating, then it clicks in:eek: Its a great way to stay on track.

Jaqcue** I sleep awesome after a workout to! You would think it would be the other way...but nope...sleep like a baby:) I was alittle disappointed with the leg workout thus far. I haven't had any DOMS since starting and after last weeks hospital stay I decided to do whatever I wanted instead. I will start fresh when I come home.

Diana** Yesterdays workout sounded tough! I wish there was something like that around here. We leave for vaca next week. We don't leave until Mon (13th) but we are leaving for the city before that.

Todays workout was GS bic and shoul and a 3 mile run. I was hoping to get another workout in tonight but I think we are having friends over.

I will chat with you all in the morning!

Lori:)

TGIF

man oh man .. it is soooooooo freaking busy in here .. insane!! First of month .. welfare checks and everyone and their brother has been in .. and still got 1 1/2 hours to go .. UGH!! there is also a fishing tourny in town .. AND our annual Pilgramige festival .. people everywhere .. that w/beach traffic it is crazy insane .. I am taking the scenic route home .. traffic is INCHING by .. YUCK!

Yesterday we were under horrible storm warnings all day long and all night .. it was scary .. and businesses and schools closed down .. :eek: NOT US .. we are the POWER company .. :confused:.. guesss we get blown away no biggie!! Anyway .. got by w/not much of what they said . just the torrential downpours and flooding .. no tornados!! thank goodness!

No workout except a power walk at lunch to report .. class canceled last night due to weather .. today power walk at lunch .. then fighting traffic to get home .. gonna have some CABS and grill a steak .. and some alone time w/DH ;)!!!!! That'll be a FUN w/o ;);):p

Off to Biloxi tomorrow ... WOOOOHOOO .. doing a happy dance ... we have a large crowd going .. and of course it gets complicated .. but hoping we can work it out and only take 2 cars .. SIL and DB have got to take my DN to SIL sisters .. so that is delaying us some .. they said they would come on by themselves .. but I hate that .. so maybe we can figure out something .. always complicated dealing w/a big group!! :confused:

Wendy .. active rest day for sure for you girlie!!! Be thinking about me .. sending some winning vibes tomorrow and tomorrow night!!:D

Di .. OMG .. 45# on barbell curl??? :eek: .. I am NOT strong there .. my bis a BIG too .. :mad: .. why are they not as strong as they look ????? think my chest, shoulders and back make up for where the bis are weak!! :eek:

Lori .. glad the little one is getting better!!! sorry today is not TGIF for you .. but all I gotta say is WWOOOHOOOOOO :p

Jacque .. congrats on the weight bench .. I hate when things are a pain to get put together .. but maybe it will be well worth the wait!

It has taken me FOREVER to write this .. so let me jet .. have a great one .. and I will be back MON or TUE .. (I am on vacation MON) ... workout for me chickadees!!! 'cause this week has been blown on the diet front ... and the weekend will be blown on diet and exercise front ... :eek: have a great one!:D

Hey Girls.

Well, believe it or not I blew off the abs and stretch I wanted to do today. I ended up taking DS to the doctor for an ongoing stomach situation he was having this week so that ran me out of time. I thought about doing it after dinner tonight but just didn't wanna. :p I've also decided to do Push Circuit 3 tmrw and do cardio (EXT/run) on Sunday so I will probably add abs on to tmrw's work out after all. :)

I had a successful day on the food front both in eating it and logging it. My numbers looked good today (deficit day). :) Unfortunately I won't be able to continue the trend again until Monday I fear as I have 3 meals I will be eating out for in the next 2 days. I can control portion size but that's it. I am not even going to bother trying to log it all. I'll just do what I can to control my portions (and perhaps try to avoid any super bad foods that are served) and then start fresh on Monday.

Diana: Wow your instructor is a crazy girl, isn't she? LOL Nice work out she had you do!!! I crumble at the thought of bicep curls with a 45 pound barbell! You are my hero! :)

Lori: Enjoy your company tonight! :)

Laura: Sending you lucky vibes! WIN WIN WIN! :)

Until tmrw girls....;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.