** DAMAGE CONTROL.....SATURDAY **

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!

How is everyone? Im up early to get a run in before my friend picks me up and we head into the city for the night. It should be an interesting night to say the least. I will be with a bunch of girls that I am not that use to .....but Im sure I will have fun!;)

I didn't get to check in yesterday b/c DS was allllll over the place of course. Man, he can motor! He thought it would be funny yesterday to throw his ball out into the st and then run after it. I seen him running up the drive way so I chased after him, then he started running, threw the ball and then ran after it! I couldn't run fast enough to catch him b/c my sandals were flopping off of my feet:mad: Luckily enough, there wasn't a car in sight, I knew that when I got up to the end of the driveway, I can't imagine what the outcome would have been if there were a car coming:( Sad thing is...he thinks things like that are funny. He doesn't understand the danger of what he was doing and b/c he got a reaction out of me he kept going to the yard, grabbing a ball and then heading up the driveway. He FINALLY got the hint , after numerous times of me telling him "NO!" Our backyard is fenced in but not totally. I have a feeling when I get home, the whole thing will be fenced in!:) Then when I got in bed last night I started worrying about going away with DH watching him,truth his, he probably watches him better then I do!

So yesterdays workout was a run and abs. Today is another run, so this week I didn't get any leg work from STS in:eek:

Wendy** Hope you are having fun!

Laura** SO glad to hear your mom is doing well. MY GMIL wouldn't tell us if she fell down b/c she loves the attention! Its crazy! I think thats what is going to happen to her...sooner then later. She is in her 80's and always on the trot, even in the winter time. I think she fell down in the driveway last winter but didn't hurt herself.

Jacque** I can't imagine working out in 85 degree temps! I don't even think FL reached that high when we were down there. It was pretty warm yesterday morning when we went for a run, we had to cut it short!

Diana** I looked at the pics of your GD's on FB, they are sweet! They looked like they were having fun with those Blackeberrys!:p DS loves getting his hands on ours, problem is, they end up in something liquad related! Not good!

Jen** What are your plans for the day???

Alright....i should motor. I have to get a run in and get back.We are hoping to leave early! Hate to be the reason we are delayed!:eek:

Lori:)

Well the day is nearly over and poor Lori has been the only one here? :eek:

Just can't seem to find enough hours in the day lately. No workout yesterday - yucky tummy so far today and not really feeling it. It is yucky outside too - sun is barely coming out and it is 2:30 PM ! Weird weather changes my mood quickly.

Lori - well that was a scary story about DS running in the street. It sure does take a bit of time for them to learn cause and effect sometimes, huh? It won't be long though. Hope you got a good run in today. Didya do your STS legs? Are you doing plyo or squat rack? 85' isn't bad, there will be many times where it will be over 90' like Laura was mentioning. We don't have much humidity though so it isn't as bad as it would be in FL. I typically don't mind but the weather has been so back and forth that I'm not used to heat yet. During the summer the avg temp can be 95' for a week or more and it doesn't bother me once I get used to it - if I don't have to wear many clothes that is ! LOL ! Hope DH is helping watch DS today so you have a little break ! Enjoy the weekend.

Wendy - sorry bout the flip/flopping with the FitBit cuz I really intended on ordering this weekend but then thought about the cal burn idea and really think I need that. I could probably just use my ped and fitday for everything but the cal burn you know? Hope the gaming was good to you and you and Mom had a blast !

Laura - so good to hear things are better for your Mom. LOL about her not telling anyone because that is soooo what happens as they get older. They don't want you to worry. I could tell you many stories but this one pretty much was one I haven't forgotten. Dad had heart problems - had it totally stopped and restarted (yep, they had him die for a few seconds !) and of course my bro and I didn't find out until afterwards ! :mad: Recently FIL fell, knocked himself unconscious, and ended up spraining his arm at the same time. Says he just tripped over the dog's leash ! WTH ! So my LOL is only one of those laughing with you kinda things as it seems like we all have to deal with it and it just won't change ! Hope your lounging by the pool is/was nice !

Jen - thanks for the GWF info - for some reason it just popped into my head when I woke up in the middle of the night ! It just seems like the GWF would be more valuable for the best overall evaluation. So how realistic is it to not get the display and just upload to the computer here and there? I don't want to be obsessed with it anyway so maybe without the display I wouldn't be? I could always get the display later also, right?

So guess you have at least Sun to yourself while the kids are with Dad? It was nice of you to get the card and you are a great Mom for remembering that it is the kids that count. It all pays off in the end - I had to laugh when DD told me recently that her Dad made sure she talked to me on her birthday. That is such a 180 from even a couple of years ago. What is even funnier is that xDH's GF wants to hang out with me? :eek: My DS2 lives with them and he mentioned it the other day - we have seen each other at baby showers and local street fairs that we all attended - xDH pretty much stays away, but she comes right over. At my DIL's baby shower I hugged her good bye (I'm a hugger and DD was with her that day) and she told xDH who got mad. Guess he is over it now ! ;) The kids know I'm fine with it all and that is what it is about. So enjoy your "me" time tomorrow.

Diana - thanks for the heads up on the PM as I don't always check there - sent a response. And yes your girls are so adorable. I think they look like your DS but also a bit like their mom. I love their rosy little cheekies ! And that was a gorgeous waterfall you had a picture "with". Isn't Oregon beautiful ! Is Cody settling OK there? Hope you got a good workout in - we'll see if I get there . . .:rolleyes:

Guess that's my book of the day. I'm gonna guess everyone is enjoying themselves ! I'm sure not doing much of anything valuable around the house here ! :p

Last edited:
Hello Girls.

Got back around 4:30ish and did some lazing around for a while. Even took a little nap and then decided to do a short work out to burn off some of the cals I consumed in the last 24 hours! I did KBW Empire State Manmaker x 3. Short but not very sweet! LOL TOUGH! Loved it! :D I'm a sweaty mess and I'll probably be sore tmrw!

Time to get cleaned up and eat some dinner....

I'll catch up with everyone in the morning!

MWAH! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.