** Damage Control...SATURDAY **

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Everyone here is doing o.k. I guess the healing process as to begin now but I think it is going to take a while. How do you get use to someone who as been under your feet for 12 yrs being gone? When we lived in a smaller house he would chase me all day long and it would drive me nuts. We needed to put a beeper on him b/c he was so big that when he would try to get out of the washroom (or smaller places) he couldn't turn around so he use to have to back up:p

Im going to read yesterdays thread when i get to work. I didn't get to work out yesterday b/c I had to go back to work last night, plus I was missing tons of sleep. I didn't go to bed very early last night but I did sleep well.

I will bb when I get to work!

Lori:)

Good Morning, Lori, and all who follow!

Lori, I'm sorry you're in pain right now. My heart is breaking for you! :( I don't know what I'd do if something happened to my dog. I hope you are all able to feel better soon.

Today is a scheduled rest day for me, and I'm going to take it. It's a gorgeous spring day here today, so the kids and I are heading to Newburyport for a little shopping and lunch on the water. Hope everyone here has a great Saturday and I'll bbl or tomorrow.

Jen

Happy Saturday Ladies,

The weather is gloomy here today. Supposed to be mid 60's, cloudy and possible raining. Jerod has football game this morning, hopefully it doesn't start raining until he's done.

We had our roof re-inspected and the insurance totalled it and will be paying for our new roof, less depreciation and deductible! The new roof is now affordable. Also, we have some bare spots on our roof, down to the wood, no covering or shingles. Hopefully the roofing company can start sooner rather than later.

I will be cleaning our the rest of Cody's room and walk in closet this weekend. I need to box up the stuff he didn't take, all his trophies, books etc. We are going to move the computer desk in there and use the room as an office. On the workout front, STS SBT will finish up week 3 for me. Only 1 more week to go! I'm looking forward to some cardio, circuits and full body weight training.

Lori-Hugs to you and the family. Sorry to hear about your loss. Hope you can catch up on your sleep soon.

Jen-Hope you have a great time shopping and enjoying lunch with the kids.

Jacque & Wendy-hope you are enjoying your respective weekend party'ing!!

Laura-Not sure if we will hear from you today. Hope your weekend is great. Let us know how SIL's dad is doing too.

bbl

Hi Girls.

Quickie check in before I have to jump in the shower to get ready to go to DH's bowling banquet tonight.

Last night was lotsa fun. We went to Friendly's for dinner and icecream and then back to BF's house for drinks. There were 3 of us girls at dinner and then BF's sister joined us back at the house for a while. Eventually the other gal had to get going too so me and BF stayed up drinkin' and chattin' until about 2 am.

I had several glasses of white wine and in my stupidity did NOT take anything for my head before going to bed. As the night wore on at BF's I became very congested so by the time I went to bed I could hardly breathe. I took something for it and put vicks on my chest and eventually passed out but was up at 6:15 feeling miserable.

My neck hurt from the funky position I slept in to allow for my nose to be as clear as it could be, my head and tummy were not happy from the wine and my mouth/throat was dry as a bone from breathing my mouth alot. I got up, drank water, made coffee and proceeded to play on her computer (pretty much just lurking here and on facebook) for a couple hours until I was so exhausted that I just had to try to get some more sleep. Thankfully the congestion was better by then so I managed to get back to sleep for another 90 minutes.

I felt crappy all day but "forced" myself to go out shopping with BF anyway before heading home since that was our plan. I'm glad I did! I found 3 awesome exercise outfits, a pair of light weight capri sweats and 2 really cute t-shirts at TJ Maxx. The work out pants and sweats are made by the same company and the fabric is to die for. It is soooo incredibly lightweight, soft and comfy! I've been looking for a few more matching work out clothes sets for a while now so I'm very happy that I found this stuff.

When I got home I ate a sandwich and collapsed in bed for about 45 minutes. When I woke up I got changed and worked out before I changed my mind-still very tired! I did TJ Total Body Blast which is the other "on the ball" TJ I got with Kickin' Core. The entire 60 minute routine uses the stability ball. It is a circuit of cardio and toning (abs, lower body, chest, arms). It was a lot tougher then it looked! Either that I was just that tired! Whatever the case I was drippin' with sweat and feel like I got a great work out!!

Now I gotta jump in the shower. We are leaving here at 7. The banquet hall the party is being held in is right down the road from us so we are cabbing it. Not sure I'll want to drink all that much after last night but this way we don't have to worry...no matter what!

Sorry for the novel! I guess I should have kept it shorter and done personals but it's too late now. :eek:

I will catch up with everyone tmrw!!!!

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.