** DAMAGE CONTROL....SATURDAY **

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!:)

How is everyone? Im freaking out a little.....TTOM as not appeared yet!:eek: I have been pretty regular for the last yr. When I weighed less my periods were all over the place, not knowing at the time why. Then when I gained about 5 lbs, everything settled in. I am now 2 days late and not liking it at all. DH thinks I will start b/c of my mood lately:eek: but I know that this is just my luck!:( Can you imagine suffering in that FL heat for 10 days? I'd rather not go! I couldn't stand our own heat and our summers are nothing like that! Oh well...whatever it is, it is! Cross your fingers for me that I am not! I will buy a test today and take it tomorrow morning:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

When DH came home yesterday I went for a nice hour long nap! I sooo needed it after 2 nights at work! Then I did CC #3 3x's:eek: Covered 9 miles in 78 mins:) At first I did each challenge and then repeated it so I didn't have the warmup and 'catch your breath' parts. At the end of repeating each challenge, I wanted to get to 70 mins so I decided to repeat challenge #3 a 3rd time but then I just kept going. Then I had 3 guild free drinks last night:eek::)
Todays workout is disc 6 and abs. I will probably do some form of cardio as well.

We are heading out later to pick up some things we need and we are also looking for furniture for DS's room. Im not buying anything yet, I just want to know whats available. He hasn't tried to crawl out of his crib yet and he still loves it but I think after we come back from FL we will have to move him into a bed.

Im going to read yesterday thread and catch up on personals

Lori:)

I have to try and write this with one hand...DS is awake and as the cold. This may make for an interesting day!

Wendy** Are you working again today? Have a good day if you are...well, you should have a good day:p

Diana** Noth'in better then a good nights sleep:) I feel better today, even though i went to bed late. I think its b/c of yesterdays nap:) Im sure your legs aren't that bad! We don't give ourselves much credit sometimes!

Jacque** My boss definitly as to get ahead of the game,there is no doubt...Im just wondering how long it will take.I was talking to the girl who got laid off and she as a new job and isn't coming back if he calls her.I thought that she would b/c she was heart broken when she left. maybe she is getting use to working day shifts? Either way,I really liked her. Atleast my concern isn't about losing my job anymore. Are you having CABS this weekend?:p

Laura** I thought something must have been up in order for you to disappear! Are you starting to feel better? Everyone around us as the cold so its just a matter of time!

BBL!
Lori:)

Good Morning Lori and all who follow.

So I did BC #3 (OUCH!) yesterday and then headed to the gym to run. I was only able to eek out 1.86 miles. Pathetic I know but my knee was bothering me. My endurance is down as I figured it would be after not running for about 2 weeks. I lose endurance so quickly if I don't get at least one run in per week. :mad:

Lori girl, you are NUTS! Some of your work outs are insane! :eek: Who does a CC THREE TIMES!?! LOL Good for you though. :) Sorry DS is sick. Hope he feels better fast. Nothin' worse then a sick little one. :( So are you and DH planning to have another baby in the future? Nope, no work for me today. I have nothing against working weekends but I am not giving up my weekends for a minimum wage job! NO WAY!

Diana, Oooh negative pull ups. That's supposed to be the best way to strengthen your muscles so that you can do a full pull up with out assistance! I have been told time and time again by various married women that most men are just oblivious. They say it's not worth getting mad over, just resign yourself to the fact that if you don't ask, it won't get done. :confused:

Jacque, So I guess men as a breed are just clueless when it comes to certain things, huh? :rolleyes: Thanks for the lifting hooks info. I bookmared the site. Please report back to me on how they work for you. I think they could be helpful to me too though I will have to resist the purchase until DH goes back to work. :eek:

Laura, (((HUGS))) Sorry you were sick. I hope DH is finally healthy atleast!

Today's work out will definately be Burn It Off to complete week 3 of the Burn Phase and perhaps Centergy class if I feel like battling the over-crowded parking lot and class...:rolleyes:

Morning ladies !

Today is the last workout for Meso 1 - LEGS ! :eek: Am hoping it doesn't leave me too bad off since we have a Sharks game tonight and that means lots of stairs ! :confused:

OK - I just looked at the clock, rolled outta bed at 8:30 ! Whoa what happened there ? Guess I knew everyone else is getting good sleep and figured I'd better join the group? :p

Lori - good to hear you got some good sleep and hope DS gets feeling better soon so you don't catch it. I don't have CC3 yet, is it a short one? I can't believe you did it 3 times ! Though sometimes I will start running and set an amount of time to run (though it is ALWAYS shorter than you! :D) and my legs are in such a groove that I just keep going farther than originally intended. I think most companies are doing all they can and keeping as far ahead as possible - just like most of us who are not spending as freely as we did last year. Hopefully the other girl not coming back will put more $ in your pocket. So what I am missing when you talk about suffering in all that FL heat for 10 days? Are they having a heat wave or are you thinking about being uncomfortable if you are PG? And as Wendy said - it is in the plans? Inquiring minds want to know, you know? ;)

Wendy - was BC 3 a leg workout? Would that have kept you from a standard run? Taking time off, even from specific types of workouts, affects my endurance too. Doing step the first time after not doing it for a while exhausts me - running is even worse. I have run at least once per week for the last few weeks and I have already upped my pace - know exactly what you mean - even as a "non-runner". Don't worry, I'm sure it will come back quickly - you know how Cathe always says it is about "muscle memory".

Just checked and my "hooks" are supposed to be shipped sometime next week so will be Meso 2 when I get to use them. Course that seems to be a perfect time from everything I am reading on the STS forums these days. :eek:

Diana - bummer about your work schedule these days. Hope you are able to get your workouts fit in so you don't miss them. Talk about adding stress - I hate it when my workout plans don't "work out". I look forward to the release I feel when I am finshed.

Wish my eating habits were stress related, but I do it for no reason at all. My error is stopping for too long in the kitchen when I come home. If I drop my mail, lunch, etc on the counter and head for the back of the house I am fine. Silly, but so true. Once I am here at the computer I post, get dressed and head for my workout room. If I make it there, then I don't feel like eating junk when I am done. Need to work on that next week.

Laura - I was hoping you were OK - when we didn't hear about PIA I was really worried ! :eek: ;) So sorry about you illness last week - how horrible for you. Sending some healing vibes in case you aren't up to snuff quite yet. Take it easy so your bod can focus on getting rid of the "germs" and then get back into STS. It will be there waiting for you ! :p

I sure hope your vacation is not cancelled ! How dare she ! ! ! Do you think it was intentional? Besides, if yours was approved, how can it now be denied? Just say you have already paid for it and can't get your $ back !

BBL to report on whether I have legs left or not . . .

O.k....my mind can rest! LOL No baby!:) I took a test cause the wheels in my brain were turning and I didn't want to think about it anymore! So now I am not...just waiting! But every since I took the test my stomach as been bad. Why couldn't it have been bad before? Then I would have never wasted $10!

I think we found nice bedroom set for DS. Its a day bed with another bed tucked in under it (optional) we thought it would be better then just a twin bed and I think his room is to small for a double bed. We are going to order it for April month (i think) He still likes his crib so no rush.

I haven't done my workout yet. Feeling kinda lazy but DH wants to do something tonight:confused: I would have rathered stayed in and watched a movie. DS isn't 100% so who knows how many times he is going to wake up tonight.

Wendy** I didn't know your knee was bothering you! Did it bother you when you were training for the 18 miler? Are you going to do a marathon in the future? I thought about doing one this yr and I still may. I will probably do the same races that I did last yr, just to see if my time improved. If I keep doing those cc workouts, my time probably will.

Jacque** Yeah.....I thought that maybe I could be pregnant. Being pregnant wasn't the problem, I probably would have been happen about it if we weren't going to FL. It would have ruined the trip cause I would have been tired and sick! I always get tired and VERY sick when I am pregnant! Im not sure what will happen when things pick up and he as to look for new employees cause he will have to look for 2. There was the PIA who worked FT , and then the other girl who worked parttime. If things pick up, then there will be more money in my pocket....but I am going to have to work more to get it. Although when this is all over with, I am asking for a raise!

I will BBL!
Lori

Back to report I'm done with Meso 1 ! Whew - I think I figured out why the back end was so sore last time, sit and stands with the plate. Could really feel it today. Plus I think the way she moved the exercises around tucker me out too. Felt much different even though doing the same exercises.

Lori - Good for you so you can enjoy your vacation ! I hope things get better at work and you get your raise ! :p Sometimes that helps get through when you lack motivation. At least it gives you more $ to do other things you like to do even if you don't want to go to work. A mean to get the ends . . . ;)

Off to shower and get some stuff done around the house before heading to the game.

Enjoy the day ladies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.