** Damage Control....MONDAY **

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!:)

I am just getting us started:) I am up early to get my workout done. Disc 7 and a cc run, not sure which one, but one of the shorter ones. Im going to have to remember to take my glucosimine with all these running:confused: Especially sprints! They really do a number on ones knees!

Anyway....I will check back in after I get to work! Providing there aren't to many people around:)

Lori:)

T'is I again:) While you girls were sleeping, I was working out....now don't you feel bad;):)

So I did Disc 7, some of those moves got in there good today:) My shoulders and bics were burning....oh yeah, and my chest with all those pushups. When I was doing the workout I was thinking, "I hope no one hates pushups" I think with every disc I do, there are more pushups:eek: Then I did CC#6, but only the first 2 challenges which took me to 4.5 miles and 41 mins. Good workout.

Other then that, nothing new here. My tooth is o.k but unfortunatly the dentist isn't open today:( I never ever thought I was going to get a tooth pulled or that I would be looking forward to it for that matter....but I am sooo looking forward to getting this thing out and not going to bed with a headache. Never know, maybe later I will get a fake tooth or something but in the meantime, no one is going to see it.

I will bbl! I have lots of work to do today!

Good Morning Girls.

Sorry I never got back here yesterday. We got back home later then planned so as soon as we walked in the door I cleaned up a bit and then it was time to make dinner. After dinner we played DS' new Wii game with him for a bit. After he went to bed I had a glass of wine and that was all she wrote. LOL

Lori: Thanks for the Anniversary wishes. :) I love CLX so far. Short n sweet but effective, different and fun! Sorry about your tooth. I don't have any advice for you but don't blame you for wanting it taken care of b/4 FLA. Can't you call the dentist office and speak to someone about the best course of action? As for pg tests, atleast here in the US most of them these days say you can test as early as 5 days before your period is due. For all pg tests yes mean yes but no could still mean yes. Yeah, they are pretty accurate as I've taken many and they've never been wrong but there IS still that chance. It all depends on how much of the pg hormone (I forget the name) your body has produced at the time you take the test.

Jacque: So are you on a rest week from STS this week? Thanks for the Anniversary wishes. :)

Diana: Thanks for the Anniversary wishes. :) Nope, not getting bored with CLX. I think b/c the work outs are short. Besides, I am on my last week of Burn so I'll be moving on to Push soon anyway. Glad you like your haircut. Not knowing the choreo can make getting a good cardio w/o impossible!

Laura: Glad you are feeling better. You have DOMS? Not you-you never get DOMS! LOL :p Glad you are loving STS. I am going to buy Ab Circuits once DH gets back to work.

Today is a CLX rest day so the plan is to get to the gym and run. I hope it's a better run then the last one! :eek: I have to work though so I will come home afterwards and head back to work out later on in the afternoon. Running right after my shift is just no fun. My energy level just isn't there. The rugrats take it outta me and it takes a little while to get it back! LOL

Gotta go for now but I'll be back!:cool:

Wendy** Diffently NOT pregnant:) Soooo releived! LOL I started to question the test again but I knew yesterday evening that I wasn't. I felt like crap when I went to bed though and then that made me wonder again. But I also knew, that if I were feeling sick b/c I was preggo this early in game, then the results on Sat test would have been positive. Cause the hormone levels have to be high when I start getting sick.
As for the tooth...not good:( There is nothing worse then a toothache. But I have made my mind up. It was a hard descision for me b/c I am all about teeth:p Its the first thing I notice on everyone else, if there nice or not. I know I have pretty good teeth, no need to whitten them and they usually don't even have to be cleaned professionally. But in my earlier yrs I did ignore the dentist a bit (b/c I couldn't afford it, I was a single mother) and now its pay back time. Everything I am experiencing could have been avoided with yrly checkups.
Glad to hear you are enjoying CLX. Is it leaving you sore? From the imformericals I think I would like Chalene.I saw a commercial the other day for a new machine....I don't even know what it was but you stand on it and twist from side to side. The commercial was pretty cheesy. How much money is spent on workout gadgets and diet pills I wonder? Thats the only commercials I ever see when I am working night shifts.

K...sorry for babbling:) Im taking advantage of no one being around!:p

MONDAY *ugh* ..... and it is STILL raining!! :(

we have had an enormous amount of rain .. OMG .. our pond flooded .. we lost some fish .. our creeks are flooded .. the new roads we just fixed are now about 6 feet under water ... the bridge I have to cross to come to work .. the water is RIGHT below it .. much more rain and I wont be able to get home!! :confused:

OK .. you knew it was coming ... but OUCHIE!!! MORE DOMS!! I think instead of Poochy my nickname should be DOMEY!!!! R you ladies sure you are using heavy weights w/sts?? LOL (jk) .. I am telling you .. I am so sore .. my calves were so sore this morning I could not flatten out my foot .. had to tiptoe to the kitchen .. and the UB :confused: cant straighten my arms out b/c of the tris .. it was a feat just to apply lotion to my lower back b/c my arms and chest are so sore .. :confused:.. surely I am not the only one that gets this sore???? :eek::eek: I know SIL is in the same shape .. if not worse .. WTH am I going to teach in class .. SIL has threatened my life if I dare do any weights tonight .. LOL!!

Lori .. yes my body is rock hard and I am loving the results w/STS (gotta get some pics) ... LOL .. but dont you dare touch it right now .. :confused: .. dont think I could take anything softer than a fingertip touch . . :eek: ... sorry about your tooth .. girl you do need to get that taken care of ASAP .. you dont want to be in pain in FL on vacation!! and toothpain is something you cant get away from.

Wendy .. just call me DOMEY baby!!! Again am I the ONLY one that gets this sore??? yikes .. I know I am not a whimp ... so I must just be hanging w/some tough chickadees here!!! ;) Good luck on the run today .. maybe it will be a good one and the knees will cooperate!!

Hello to Di and Jacque ..will BBL to check in w/you girlies ...

PIA is OUT SICK today .. surprise surprise :confused: it is AL springbreak this week ... aahhhhhhhh .. {{ putting duct tape over mouth }}

OK .. no lunch w/o .. the body cant take it .. gonna hit the grocery store for some fresh fruit .. then settle in w/a hot bowl of deer chilli .. and try to come up w/a game plan for class tonight!!! Have a great one!:D

Hi ladies,

I was up in time to do Imax 2 this morning. It was pretty fun and definitely not as hard as Imax 3. I hate that I have early morning meetings this week. Tonight is meltdwon class and I'm actually looking forward to some running.

Lori-Glad you are taking care of that problem tooth of yours. Infections in the mouth can travel to the brain and that is very dangerous. You need to feel wonderful while you are vacationing.

Wendy-Push is a little different than Burn. In the Push phase you only work 1 body part at a time, instead of the compound exercises of the Burn phase. Hope you like it.

Laura-All of your DOM'ing has me really looking forward to starting meso 2 next week. I think the best part is no more pushups!! I've been seeing the terrible rains on the news. I think where Angie is there has been a ton of rain also.

Jacque-what's your cardio plan for this evening???

bbl

Hey Di .. you will also like the arrangements in meso2 .. your traditional kind of 3 sets of each .. so you know what is coming next .. she worked chest first -3 different exercises done 3 time - then shoulders (I was fried b-4 I got to the shoulders) - then tris last (did not think I would be able to do the tris at that point) .. I LOVED the way it was arranged and the music was great too .. and rests were longer but it sure did not seem like it since the increase in weight made it that much tougher ..

Hope Miss Angie is hanging in there .. b/c our rains have been relentless .. it is just now slacking up some .. driving home tonight is gonna be tough!!!

Jacque .. where are you??? looks like everyone but me got there w/o in early .. mine wont come till after work .. and thinking about going out on break and getting some bio-freeze for the muscles so I can move them .. LOL!!!

OK .. back to work .. :) BBL

Hi all !

Well yesterday I just kept doing chores, talked to DD for an hour, sat outside on the patio (in the late afternoon sun - was a warm 70') and read a mag while I had the sun, and did not get to my run. That will be tonight's workout.

Lori - way to go getting your workout outta the way. Yep - lots of pushups for sure. I think they have made my shoulders worse ! :( They hurt now when I just move them across my body - in a bone on bone type of a way. Not thinking I'll do many more of them for a while (seems they say there aren't any in Meso 2 anyway) and see if the get any better. Good to hear you no longer have PG issues worrying you !:p

Wendy - How fun - with no kids we don't have a Wii around here! Got a GS though - but that will take a few years probably. Yes, Diana and I have our first rest week after Meso 1 this week. Just gonna play around, but need to get something set so I workout in some manner on a daily basis - at least that is my plan. ;) How'd your run go with the knees today?

Laura - I didn't even hit the bed until after 11:30 last night as I was still folding laundry and got some of tonight's dinner prepped early. That kept me in bed a bit later than usual and I've been researching some stuff online so haven't popped in here until lunch.

Sorry to hear about all the rain - such crazy weather these days. Hope you get home safely - be careful ! I'm not sure why I'm not getting such tremendous DOMS as you other than perhaps I'm not lifting enough. But through the first meso most of my exercises were very difficult the last few reps - most times I could not have gone any further. With the short breaks I didn't add my pace weights at all, just used my standard DB's. I am looking forward to meso 2 - sounds like fun doing 3 sets again - like the drop sets we just finished last couple of weeks. Man oh man amazing how a 10 lb curl can hurt ! And I have to say that I think I have firmed up quite a bit myself. Hoping it continues ! :D

Diana - so you did IM2 today? I don't know why, but seems like I've done 2 & 3 pretty recently. Not sure if I messed up or what? Have fun at your meltdown class and with your run.

K y'all - BBL to report workout after work.

Hi ya girls.

I got in 3 miles of intervals this afternoon. MUCH BETTER run then last time and PAIN FREE too! :D

Jacque: Well look at you takin' it easy yesterday reading a magazine in the sun while the rest of us worked out and were sweating like beasts! :D:p;)

Laura: You work out on your own AND teach classes. I think THAT is why you suffer from DOMS more often then we do.

Diana: Imax2 is fun with pain mixed in. Imax3 is just all out pain! LOL I tried Push 1 with the bands out in Vegas. I liked it but will probably get more out of it now that I can use my weights. :)

Lori: I am bad about going to the dentist. It has nothing to do with money or anything. I just hate going. It's the only dr I dread. I'd much rather go to the gyno any day! :eek: Glad you aren't preggy if that's not what you wanted. I just heard about a woman who is pregnant with her 4th child. The baby is developing with it's intestines on the OUTSIDE of it body!!!!:eek: Assuming the baby survives, she is going to have to deliver C-section because they can't take the chance of damaging the intestines during natural birth and then the baby is going to be rushed away for IMMEDIATE surgery before the mother is even stitched up! How scarey is that!?!? :confused:

Off to make coffee and clean up from dinner!
BB in the morning!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.