** Damage Control....MONDAY **

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Im surprised no one else as started the thread. I forgot that I had an apt today so at 8:50 I was running around like crazy! Its over with now so I can sit and relax. I wish my coffee cup would refill itself:eek:

After hearing lots of chitter chatter about cc, I downloaded 4 workouts last night. DH put 2 of them on a disc for me and I will just pop it into the dvd player. My ipod isn't user friendly so I figured that this was the best idea. Its going to be weird, running AND listening~ Im not use to that:rolleyes:

Yesterday was a rest day and today will be cc #7 and disc 4.

Jacque** I hope you are enjoyinh your time with your family!

Diana** How is your face today? Sometimes when we put makeup on bruises, they just look purple.

I will bbl!
Lori:)

Monday, Monday, - reminds me of the Mama's and the Papa's. :rolleyes:

I had a very nice visit with the "kids" yesterday and the drive was beautiful and sunny through the green hills in CA. In a couple of months they will be all brown so that is one of the nice things about having all this rain.

My little GS is such a cutie pie - he loves to hug and snuggle and is getting quite a little personality. We just hung out, did a little shopping around for parrot cages and some furniture.

Diana - hope that you are looking a bit better - can you see any visible results yet? I am being so lazy since I'm off today. Didn't workout y'day cuz' when I got dressed, seems I tweaked my lower back somehow and figured putting lots of weight on it (I can feel my spine compress sometimes with heavy weights) I figured it might get worse. So now I REALLY have a lot of "catching up" to do. In thinking about it, I'll just go ahead and do a cardio this AM with legs tonight, UB tomorrow and then will be a day behind the remainder of the week. This is the last week before a break so it should work out fine.

Lori - I will be anxious to see what you think of the CC's. I still keep the TV on but find it gives me a "focus" while running and listening to Sean and the music. It has some good beats so helps me push through at a higher level than I would on my own. Reminds me I still have a few I haven't purchased and today will be a good day for that ! ;)

Laura - guess you had a great weekend, huh? Hoping this week brings about some better work ethics . . .

Angie - was good to hear from you again ! Well the Sharks are not doing so well and both Diana and I know the Red Wings are kicking a little bootie these days (though I heard they had a bad game the other night too). We seem to be battling with the RW right now for 1st place in the division so we will see how the next month pans out. Hopefully some of our injured players will be healthy soon and they can get back into a rythym. Already looking forward to playoffs though ! :p

BBL to check to see if Ms. Wendy reappears soon - inquiring minds wanna know, ya know?

Hey Girls:)

I am done with half of my workout. I was to sweaty after my run and needed to shower before I could move on. My SIL is suppose to be stoping by as well. If she isn't here in an hour and DS is behaiving himself I may start disc 4 then.

My run was great but I did the 3 challenges 2x's. The workout was suppose to be 45 mins long but I don't think that was right. I was at the 30 min mark when the cool down began and b/c yesterday was a rest day and today I feel like a tub of goo:rolleyes: I needed some extra cardio. I did Volume #3 so the first challenge was 6 sprints. I kept my level #2 @ 6.5 MPH and my sprints at 8 (the first time around, the 2nd time I went to 9 for my sprints) Challenge 2 I did a incline of 7, then went to 10 for my level 4. The 2nd time around I started my incline @ 5 but went to a incline of 10 for level 4 again.(I think these were the hardest of the bunch) Then the last challenge was 6.5 for 30 secs and 10 mph for 10 sec. These weren't to hard. I probably could have stayed there for a little longer actually. Anyway...it was a good workout and I was quite sweaty. The workout was 58 mins long and I travelled 6.63 miles.

Jacque** Glad to hear you had a good day yesterday! I thought you would. Do you get to visit your GS very often? My mom usually visits every couple of weeks. I think I bought #2,3,6 & 7 of cc. Are there any other ones I should buy?

Oh...DD received MVP at her v-ball tournament this weekend! She wasn't feeling well in the morning so I let her stay home. Her friend text her lunch time and told her that it was announced at recess time. She is pretty excited!

BBL!
Lori:)

Back to report I'm a drippin' sweaty mess too ! Did Biggest Loser Cardio for the first time. I wanted a shorter workout so did W/U, Level 2 & 3 and C/D for a 33 min workout. I know that I'll be burning lots of cals with my leg workout tonite - figured short would be a good idea. Still, I burned 321 cals @ 30% with HR at 85-97%. Was a combo of bootcamp/kickbox type and a total Killer for me. Would be a great DVD for some high end cardio when away from home.

Lori - so are you a Coach Sean fan? I think you need to get Cardio Coach Press Play so you can do it the last weekend of the month with everyone else. It is a combo of other CC's, last for about an hour. Switches around between hills and sprints for a great workout. I'm still in need of 1 & 3 and then I'll have them all. Will definitely be downloading them today - and see that I have 6 but haven't put it on my Ipod yet? :confused:

PLEASE congrat DD about her MVP award from one VBaller to another ! WOW - and to be MVP of an entire tourney !

Off to the next item on my list . . .

Hi Girls.

No time for personals right now but just wanted to pop in and say hi. My trip was FAB. I got home pretty late Saturday night and spent most of yesterday in a fog while unpacking and doing laundry. LOL I worked out Sun/Mon/Tues while on vacation. I blew it off the rest of the week cause I was having too much fun to be bothered with it. :D Shame on me! :eek: I didn't work out y'day because of said fog. I was EXHAUSTED! So today I am starting fresh with week three by doing Burn Circuit 1. I am not even counting what I did on vacation as part of the rotation.

Guess that's all for now but I should have time to come back and catch up after dinner tonight!

Hope all was well while I was away!!!

BBL!

Morning Ladies ...

UGH * I feel like CRAP .. warmed over CRAP today ... I have a HORRIBLE sore throat .. nausea and a head ache (I have had since FRI) .. I feel like I may have a low grade fever too ... UGH ... I HATE feeling bad!! On top of everthing else think I have ANOTHER eye infection :confused: going to the eye Dr at 3;30 .. and thinking I may have to cancel class .. I just dont think I can make it today!! I VERY rarely have nausea and I am NOT liking it .. if I were the type that had a quesy stomach I would be hurling for sure (sorry) ... I better not be getting the flu!! :mad::(

My weekend was a WILD one .. we did go out FRI night ..had a good time .. me and DH lost :( .. but my aunt won! Sat was fine until that night one of my BF called and blew my mind .. this is the one whos DH lost his job .. OMG .. well he has had a meltdown .. and she unloaded a bunch of crap on me that he has been doing ... I feel sooooo bad for her and really worried about her ... she came over yesterday and we spent the afternoon together and poor thing she is just in a mess ... they fight a lot but things have escalated and he has flipped his lid ... I dont think they are going to recover from this .. sad!!!

All of this happens and today I am sick!! :mad::( I really think I could just pass out on top of my desk!!! one of my co-workers are out and thank goodness the boss opened up on the cash counter b/c I dont think I could handle it today ... pia IS here ... (small miracle)

Lori .. you are a running monster!!! Wow what a workout!!! you BIL was being a jerk!! I dont see how you held you tongue .. but as Jacque said .. being that he is your BIL you do have to handle the situation w/a velvet glove ... think I would let DH talk w/him ... and if it happens again I would simply tell him that was enough . . YOU are the parent NOT him!

Jacque .. hope your back is better .. do watch it ... dont want to hurt it more!!

Di .. this is one of those days I wish I had the option to work from home .. although not sure how much work I would be getting done!!

ANG!!!! :eek: I missed ya this weekend .. glad you checked in w/us .. DH job is fine (for now) .. they are to lay off some emloyees .. but have not made those announcements yet (keeping our fingers crossed) .. I HOPE boss gave PIA what she deserves .. but I have my doubts .. although I did hear she came out of the meeting crying .. but that is how she gets by w/alot of her crap .. lets those tears roll and boss cant stand it!!!aahhhhhh

OK .. better run and try to make it thru the day (I have my doubts right now) ... :(

Hi Ladies,

I didn't sleep very good last night and had a hard time getting up this morning. While I wasn't sleeping last night, I remembered I still needed to print out my workout cards for this week. I took care of that as soon as I got up. After a couple cups of coffee and starting the laundry, I finally settled into disc 10. Another one with a lot of pushups! I'm looking forward to a full week of cardio next week.

My face still looks pretty bad, kinda like I have the measles. I covered it up with makeup but under my eye will need a touch up at lunch. Some areas I can see the difference already but once everything heals then I'll know for sure that the procedure worked.

Lori-hope you enjoy CC. I use them on my elliptical. A couple of times I used them on the treadmill at the rec ctr and they are super tough for me on th TM. Don't get me wrong, I'm working my butt off on the EXT but the TM is definitely a harder w/o for me. Good Job!!! Tell DD congratulations from your cyber pals!! WAY TO GO!!!:D

Jacque-stop making excuses and get busy! jk. Of course you need to listen to your body. Your cardio w/o sounds fantastic. I may have to check that out next time I'm at costco. Fair warning, disc 10 has a lot of pushups....oh yeah, and the weight increases to 70% of your 1RM. Glad you had fun visiting the kids. I'm checking out prices to go visit my granddaughters the first weekend of June.

Wendy-welcome back!! Can't wait to hear all the details of your trip!

Laura-Sorry you are feeling under the weather. Sending get well vibes your way. Sounds like you definitely need to cancel your class, or get a sub if that's even an option. It sounds like you are being a good friend to your friend in need. These situations are hard for everyone.

Angie-hope you pop in again and let us know how you are doing.

bbl

Hi Girls. I'm back as promised.

Now some quick highlights from my vacation. On Sunday we went to lunch in the Stratosphere hotel. Here's a blurb about the restaurant we ate in: Top of the World - Serving exceptional gourmet fare. This award-winning restaurant, situated 800 feet above ground level, revolves 360 degrees to offer magnificent panoramic views.

On Monday or Tuesday we went to the Hoover Dam and took a tour. That was nifty. I have pics from that on my facebook page if you are interested.

On Wednesday we went back to the Stratosphere so that I could go on this: X-Scream - A giant teeter-totter that propels you 27 feet over the edge of the Tower, 866 feet above the ground.
I went on it with another gal that was there while DH hung back to take pics and laugh at us...he's not very nice, is he!? :p Here's a video of the ride in motion. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy9zpEbHx7E It was AWESOME! We sat in the front!:eek:

On Thursday me and the same gal that went on the X-scream went and got a drink at this bar-Minus 5: http://www.minus5experience.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=91&Itemid=51&location= EVERYTHING but the floor was made of ice! It was really neat and we did a shot with the Penguin on duty! LOL

On Friday night DH and I saw the Terry Fator Show: http://www.terryfator.com/ The guy is unbelievably talented. Great show! Worth every penny!

We had a blast! Lots of food, drink and fun! We gambled but not all that much! There was so much to do and see! I drank cheap beer daily to keep the cost down but also indulged twice in a few pricey martinis. The first time was after the X-Scream experience and the second time was right before we hit the Minus 5 bar at the Mandalay Bay.

That's all for now but I'll be back!:D

Oh my hell... are you outta your mind Wendy???? I just checked out the x-scream, I probably would've had a heart attack and died! I'm afraid of heights so I would have to drink first (and a lot too) before I'd ever get on that thing! You are crazy. On the other hand, the Minus 5 looks really cool. I'll have to check out your hoover dam pics from home, facebook is blocked at work. I'm glad you had a wonderful time.

I went for a 2 1/2 mile walk at lunch. It was nice to get out of the office for a bit. It was in the mid 50's but there was a chilly breeze. The weather is supposed to be back in the 30's until Friday.

I found a HM I might run in June. It's in downtown Denver and it looks pretty fun. It's called the rocky mountain HM. Here's a link if anyone is interested: http://www.rockymountainhalf.com/

Tonight is meltdown class and I'm hoping it's cardio intensive. Tomorrows workout calls for rhythmic step. It should be fun as I haven't done that one in a while.

Need to finish up a few things before heading out.

Back to report I did do my Legs, FINALLY ! Am thinking I will be feeling my hammies tomorrow something fierce, we will see . . . I tried to add a little weight from last leg workout and could definitely feel it. My back felt fine - even went heavy with the deadlifts.

Wendy - so glad to hear your vacation was so much fun ! Is that the first time you've been to LV? I'm gonna have to go to the other computer to check out your links. I have seen the ride, but didn't know anything about the "Ice Bar" dang it. We were there just over a year ago - guess we need to go back now ! ;) :rolleyes:

Way to go getting a few days of workouts in ! And we always walked so much each day I bet you got alotta steps in, stairs and all, it helped too. Did you get any great restaurant food besides the Top of the World? Hoover dam is amazing, huh? I like standing in between the two states on the bridge.:p Hope you get back into the groove after a week off.

Laura - Hope you get to feeling better soon ! Also sorry about your friend - it is so hard when you can't really help but just need to be a shoulder. Glad the rest of the weekend was fun though !

Diana - Boy do I feel for you not sleeping well - hope tonight goes better for you ! Lots of push ups again, huh? I have to say, when I was doing my BL cardio this AM and they had "mountain climbers" where you just walked your hands out and back, I added a push up ! :eek: I just read on the STS forum that Meso 2 doesn't have push ups but kills you in other ways ! Not sure which I prefer now - thinking I had better stay away from there cuz it's making me a bit askeered. Guess we'll see how bad it is when Laura feels better to start.

Glad to hear you are seeing some visible results already but wish it wasn't so noticable for you. How'd it go with work today? Good to hear you are making plans to go see the girls. June will be a nice month too. Thinking they will be nearly a year old by then? (Not that my memory is all that great !) That will be so much fun.

I wish I thought I could make it for a HM, I'd join you ! I haven't figured out how to go more than about 4 miles without having hip joint pains yet. Very aggravating. Am hoping if I start running a bit more it may help. The weather should be getting better soon and it will be lighter later so that may help me find out if I can run outdoors more comfortably. You guys make me feel so wimpy ! :eek: Oh boy, RS tomorrow, huh? I may try to get my tooshie outta bed and do that one in the AM. I will need to catch up on #10 that I missed today.

Okie dokie - off to work on my dinner. UGH ! I don't wanna go to work tomorrow ! :confused:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.