** DAMAGE CONTROL....HuMpItY hUmP! **

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!:)

I had a pretty good night at work. I got a couple of z's there and when I came home at 4 I crashed!:) I didn't hear anyone get up! Unlike yesterday morning I heard every sound. I will probably be hitting the sack fairly early tonight though. DH as hockey and a friend of his is coming into town so I think he may stay in the hockey dressing room longer then he needs to:confused: Poo!:rolleyes: Better him then me! Anyway....I will probably have a quiet night, which is fine with me.

I would like to catch up on personals but I don't have time right now. DS and I are going out to play and if the rain stops I will be going for a run when DH comes home for lunch!

I will bbl!

Lori:)

Mornin' Ladies,

I have to go back to work today:eek: I did get a lot done around the house the house. The filing is never ending though but I do feel better about getting that stuff put away.

This morning is disc 8, back and triceps. I may even hit the gym for a run. The temps are nice enough to run outside, but the dang wind is terrible-30-40 mph. I cannot run in the wind and enjoy it.

Jacque-Hawaii, I would love to go there. We had actually planned to go there for our 20yr anniv., but DH decided we didn't have enough money saved up. I'm still mad about that. It's okay to charge $2500 on a tv and pay on it for a year, but not for a trip to hawaii.:mad:

Lori-I would be so groggy if I had to work your night shifts. I know you can kinda of rest there but its not the same as getting a good night's sleep. Have fun playing with DS today. Hope the weather cooperates.

bbl

Morning girlies !

Lori - glad to hear you had a good night sleep and hope the same for tonight. Maybe you can wear DS out a bit playing and actually do a workout with him around? (Always hoping for you . . . ;)). I love DH hockey nights cuz then I don't have to worry about dinner and can have "me" time.

Diana - great job on getting stuff accomplished while you were off. At least it wasn't a total waste ! Man oh man the IMax kept my legs a workin' last night ! So far I don't feel like I have missed out on leg workouts since Sat AM !

We are supposed to his Austrailia/New Zealand for our 10th next year. Here's what I did: put away some funds in a CD and it has earned quite a bit. Perhaps you could do that, or I also started a Xmas fund. I just have the $ deposited from my paycheck so what I don't see I don't use !

BBL ! Off to work ! :(

Thank goodness for hump day!!!

1/2 way thru the work week from H### ... :mad: ... tensions are soooo high in the asylum .. it is crazy!! one minute dead silence the next minute people slamming phones and stuff down on desk :confused: boss has not called a meeting yet... ssooooooooo ????? guess I will hunker down in my little corner of the world and keep to myself .. and play dumb blonde (I am good at that one ;)) ... makes for a loooong and stressfull work day though!!! but when you are dealing w/people w/the emotional mentality of a 7 or 8 year old .. GMAB ... what can you do??

Lori .. I could not work nights .. dont see how anyone does it... the times I have worked storm trble w/no sleep night and day .. I was a ZOMBIE ... last thing I wanted to do is workout .. kudos again to you kiddo!!!

Jacque .. LOL .. I know the full moon is not even here yet and the asylum is WORSE than ever .. what is gonna happen when the full moon DOES get here!! :confused: Think I will have to take a "mental" day if it gets any worse than it is now .. LOL!!!!

Di ..welcome back to reality .. WORK .. gotta pay the bills huh? It sure does interfere w/what I want to do .. LOL .. but cant do what I want to do w/o money .. so WORK it is!! {{ sigh }}

I am LOVING my active recovery week ... if you can say what I did last night was active recovery :confused: did not have my kickboxing music (it is 10 BPM faster than plyo and step music) . . soooooooo I did a plyo class w/no weighted LB work .. and 20 minutes of power yoga to finish!! I FELT SO STRONG ... OMG .. my legs felt like I could go on forever .. and the yoga I have never felt that strong doing yoga .. STS is kicking @$$ ... woohooo (my buttocks are sore this morning though) !!!!

Today is a 45 min power walk at lunch ... then after work taking flowers to my Dad's grave (tdy is anniversary of his death) ... and then clean max is on tap for tonight ... gonna try to whip up something brilliant for DH (still on long hours) .. poor baby!!

OK .. I am going .. try to maintain silence . . keep to myself ... and wait for another wave of crap to hit the fan here at the asylum!! have a great one!!:D

No workout to report yet. I thought it was nicer outside then it actually is:confused: There was slopp snow falling earlier:mad: Yuck! DH said he may be able to get off of work earlier and then I can run then but Ive heard that before and he never gets off early!

Diana** I feel good when i wake up but it doesn't take long for me to get lazy and sleepy again...like right now;) Im sooo lazy! I just looked outside again and its not raining or snowing so I may go for a run when DD comes home from school. She can manage to watch him for alittle while.

Jacque** Oh...DH is still home for dinner, so I still have to cook. He just leaves for a one hour game of hockey that usually takes 4 hours! A couple of yrs it use to really bother me and I told him that if he didn't start coming home at a sensible time I was going to join a gym, go for one hour, but then sit in the dressing room and talk! He didn't like that idea to well, probably b/c the gym is surrounded by muscle heads and he was afraid someone would steal his wife away;)

Laura** I don't know how you can work in an enviroment like that! Must be stressful! Its bad enough at my work when we don't know whats going on with the schedule and who will be laid off next. Lots of speculations that could drive anyone insane!

Its taken me forever to write this! DS keeps taking me upstairs!

BBL!
Lori:)

Hi Ladies,

My workout seemed to fly by this morning. I thinks its because I'm finally catching on to the rhythm of the workouts with the 30 second breaks and know what the exercises are now so I don't have to preview them.

I was hoping to hit the gym at lunch but I've decided to work through lunch and go home a tad early. I've been out for 2 days and need to get caught up here at work.

Lori-hope you get a good run in today! I was outside for a bit earlier, the temps are wonderful but the darn wind would make for a miserable run.

Laura-hope the day passes by fast for you. I probably would not like working in such a stressful environment. It's pretty low key in my office. We can pretty much work our own hours and work from home occasionally. Some folks come in early, 6am and some come in late like me at 9am. We can always get a hold of whomever we need via email and all is good.

Jacque-we do have a vacation acct and had over 4K saved. It was more than enough for our flight and hotel. DH said we needed an extra 2K for meals and any excursions or purchases. I'm still mad about it considering it was okay to spend $2500 on a stinkin' TV and make payments for a year, but not to do the same for a 20 anniversay getaway.

OK - It is finally hitting me and it really is HUMP DAY ! :D I am soooo counting the days from Mon - Fri lately. You'd think I would have noticed - I mean with Lori's title and all !

Lori - I am lucky, my DH doesn't like to eat before he plays so I am off the hook on the dinner thing. :p But get this: mine doesn't sit in the locker room or go for drinks, he scouts Target & Walmart for hot wheels, even if it is 1 in the morning ! Makes me mad if he wakes me up when he comes home cuz then I don't get back to sleep. You just gotta love 'em huh? :rolleyes:

Laura - so sorry things have gotten so bad for you. Man oh man, what does it take for your boss to get the picture. Or do you need to put a couple of golf balls in a pair of skin colored pantyhose, twist in the middle, leaving part dangling - and then give them to him ! ! ! Tell him to he now has what he needs to remedy the situation ! ! !

<<<hope that wasn't too bad of a picture - did it make you smile ? ;) >>>

Diana - well then, WTH if you had that much saved ! Does he not like Hawaii? Or just spending $ on vacations? I'm lucky cuz I handle the finances and we rarely disagree on spending $. In fact, my DH has been waiting for nearly 4 years for the price of LCD's to come down. How long is he gonna wait? You got me ! Then again, everytime we go to buy something we NEED, he upgrades much farther than I'd ever go. He did do without alot growing up so now that we are comfortable, I figure it is OK and his time. If he goes a bit overboard with the Hot Wheels, etc, then I just buy more chicken and hamburger ! LOL ! ;) Also don't go out to eat as much, which he loves to do, but you have to make it up somewhere !

Once again I say, ya gotta love 'em.

BB after my workout tonight.

LOL {{{ ROTFLMAO }}}

OK . .. Jacque I just spit out my water laughing at your vivid comment .. LOL!!! :p:p:p THANK YOU SO much for making me laugh today .. I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NEEDED THAT!!! That is EXACTLY what I feel like doing to ... LOL!!! I mean come on now ... PIA has this guy snowed .. ??? .. forwhatever reason I can not fathom...she is the poor pittiful me kinda person .. working w/THREE VERY STRONG minded/spirited women ... so she plays up the meek and mild card.. but is FAR FROM it .. ONLY around him ... it is sickening!!

OK .. now I have a mental picture that I am just ROLLING AT... people are gonna wonder why I am laughing and smiling in such an intense environment!! LOL .. I LOVE IT!!! :D:D:p:p:D:D

OH .. BTW .. the maintaining silence vow I took this morning FLEW straight outta the window around lunchtime :eek: the boss is now VERY SURE on what a load of crap and trouble maker I think PIA is :eek::eek: oooppppssss ... now he is steering clear of ME!! LOL OH well .. just imagining Jacque's suggestion has me just plain out tickled .. LOL!!!!

Di... if we worked like ya'll PIA just wouldnt bother showing up at all .. and she would say she did .. LOL!!! we are straight 8-5 .. customer service gotta be there .. get the job done .. workhorses in this office... the back of the office is different .. they have WAY more leniency and freedom .. I pray every day PIA goes back there!! :confused:

Hi Girls,

Just a quick post before I head out. I forgot to mention that I did the extended stretch for the first time yesterday, after my 80 minute sweatfest. I really enjoyed it and thought you all might want to try it out too.

Laura-yes Jacque's visual is too good!! I got a good laugh outta that one too. Well we actually have to work, whether it's at home or in the office. The boss would know if you were supposed to be working on something and didn't get it done. If that started happening we would probably lose our flexible schedule and the option of working from home.

Jacque-according to DH we can only go on vacation if it is 100% paid for ahead of time. I would be happy going on several long weekend trips up in the mountains. We'll see if we do anything other than visit our granddaughters this year. At least they are in another state and we can do the touristy thing too. Enjoy your workout tonight. I'm planning on doing either imax 2 or 3 tomorrow morning. The avs have a had a terrible losing streak and we play the red wings tonight. I'm scared for my team!

Lori-were you able to squeeze in a run sometime today?? I don't know how you can be ready to run at any given time. I was much more dedicated when I was your age. Hope you had a great day.

bbl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.