!!!!! ** clean / tidy TGIF ** !!!!!

CollinsMom

Cathlete
Angie, where are you..........................................? Isn't Ryan home today? Hopefully you are spending some quality time with the family.

What's up for everyone's weekend?? So glad it's Friday!

WO today will be TM-MAX -- my quads and glutes are sore from plyo yesterday, so it may be more walking than jogging today.

Tonight Chris and Collin are taking me for my birthday dinner. Tomorrow will be more 1RM testing, and I think Collin and I are going to go see Hotel for Dogs (i've never taken him to a theater). That's about all the plans I can think of.

Have a good Friday all!!

a wee bit sore, thank you!;)

wheres dinner?
we took dds to an imax about dinosaurs but thats been their only theatre experience. they loved it.

how was the tm?

------------
semi rest day for me. i may stretch, ellip or vc. dony know yet!:D

ive had some apple & pb. a surprise nursing , finish b later

tonight im going to the birth center. she wants me to tell our birth story to a class. im nervous but excited!
mcalisters for dinner - hello, yummy salad!

Morning all,

Yes, Ryan's home so we spent the morning together. Kids are home for lunch now and plan to WO during Ellie's nap. Today is Imax 3... should I be deathly afraid???

I'll be back later.

Kate, can I call around 10 your time?

Morning all,

Yes, Ryan's home so we spent the morning together. Kids are home for lunch now and plan to WO during Ellie's nap. Today is Imax 3... should I be deathly afraid???

I'll be back later.

Kate, can I call around 10 your time?

angie, my hs q's can wait! enjoy your day w/ dh. catch upnext wk.....

Hey Kate, my rear is a bit sore too, made it hard to really get aggressive on the treadmill this morning. I took it a bit easy, workout was 45 minutes and 390 cals, not too bad. That's really cool about the birthing center tonight -- can't wait to hear how it goes! Not sure where we are going for dinner... I think I want chicken fajitas!

Angie, enjoy your day with Ryan! IMAX3 is not terrible, let us know how it goes!

YAY it's Friday!

Katie enjoy your dinner. Have you decided if you are going to do plyo along with meso 1 legs? It is possible to turn STS into a 4 day rotation...if you dare;)

Kate is a superstar:D Just tell them at the birth center that it was a piece of cake. LOL

Angie Imax3 has plyos too.

-------------

I love the new WM because there are a few similar tests like plie squats alt hand and plie squats. With WM yu can see which one you did and the 1rm so that you can use the same 1rm results for the next test.

Today w/ Pilates for Athletes (totalmind&body)

I got my new kbell w/o "Goddess" it's pretty with a greek goddesses theme. Tomorrow I see how the w/o it, which is more important.

Menu???

Last edited:
morning all - i enjoyed reading the rest of yesterday's posts - you all are too funny!

anne, love the feet. i could never pull that off, mine are so ugly! i am excited for you.

katie, you are so funny! i love plyo work too. my favorite is imax 3 blasts only, then imax 2 blasts only then 4ds bc. of course, i did break my foot;) have fun at dinner tonight. your weekend soudns fun.

kate, don't you love those surprise nursing sessions? i wa sup with aidan from 12-3. he just kept waking abck up. i am so tired today.

robin, what pilates is that? i may need to try that one. generally not a huge pilates fan, but that sounds interesting.

well, dh got in late last night, then he woke when my alarm went off. needless to say, we stayed in bed for a bit.... so, my workout was a bit shorter (sort of) - 30 mmin hiit on elliptical and gs shoulders and bis. also 3 sets pull ups - 7/6/5. i am sad to be done ff's dec rotation. i will have to see what to try next. i was going to do her jan, but i do not have ps. decisions decisions. today is crazy - work, appt with realator, obgyn visit, pu kids. i need a day off with dh hellp. tomorrow am we are sledding again, so that is good, and i hope to find time this weekend to go out by myself. it never seems to happen, though. i also want to up my mileage again and push for a 9 or 10 miler.

gotta get back to work. oh, by the way, aidan is crawling everywhere and he loves it! i am so happy. my boys are the greatest:):)

Good Morning Everyone!

I jumped on the plyo legs bandwagon this morning too. I have a 2 hour meeting soon and I hope I will be able to get out of the chair when it is over. My hamstrings and butt are sore. Tomorrow is my niece's first birthday so we will be in Philly for the day. Not sure what we are doing Sunday.

Katie, I like chicken fajitas but I love chicken enchiladas more (all the cheese - mmm). Anyway enjoy your birthday dinner.
Kate, that's so exciting that you get to tell your birth story tonight.
Morris, I hope you find some time for yourself this weekend. I don't even have kids and I struggle finding time for myself sometimes.
Robin, let us know how you like the new workouts. I asked for a kettlebell for my birthday and I will need some workouts.

b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: 1/2 clif bar
l: ???
s: blueberries & yogurt, chopped veggies
d: pizza

Morris you have a good long weekend a head of you. Don't bother with the pilates workout that I did today b/c it was soooo boring :confused: A hour long pilates workout is just too long. I had to turn on the radio.

Colleen you have DOMS already:eek: I wish that I could plyo like you girls.

My recovery week is over. YES !:D. I know my body needs it but it's sooo boring not lifting any weights.

I was thinking of doing the STS for 3.5 months and then doing it again but as undulating periodization rotation. I saw it posted on STS forum. Looks interesting.

Morning, everybody!

Colleen, enjoy that meeting. I hope you can walk after it!

Katie, have fun at your birthday dinner, it sounds yummy. I'm with Colleen on the enchiladas with cheese, tho.

Kate, don't be nervous about telling your story, I'm sure they'll find it amazing.

Morris, have fun sledding. Your work outs always amaze me!

Robin, I love the new wo manager too, it's great, isn't it?

Angie, have fun with Ryan today. I'm scared of IMAX 3 too.

Hi Klaudia!

So, I did the original Boot Camp everything but core and the abs and stretch from ME this morning. Kate, I know you hate that work out, but I love it. What I discovered this month is I like circuits because they go by so fast. I have the attention span of a gnat, so BC is perfect for me since there are no endless reps of anything. I'm happy to report I worked out 22 days this month, which is pretty good. Not stellar, but I'm satisfied with it.

Gotta run, I'll be back later.

anne

Hey all,

IMAX 3 DONE! WOWZA (at least I can pretend I joined you on the plyo legs adventure!). It was awesome. I have to admit that (imo) the plie jack blast was by far the hardest. The rest I did w/o crying. :p This WO was crazy!

Cal: 530
HR high: 189!
HR avg: 161!!! YEEK!

I'm still contemplating a rotation for next month. I don't think the one I was originally planning has enough cardio (b/c she throws that extra leg WO in there each week). I think I have to ease into heavy lifting and can't let go of my 3 day a week cardio fests! :) So, I'm going to do some investigating today!

Anne, CONGRATS ON 22 DAYS!!! YAY!!! I have LOVED doing this rotation with you this month too. It has been awesome! I will have WO 23 days once tomorrow is done. I have NEVER done that. I took 4 days off when I was sick which bummed me out but still I'm so impressed that I did as well as I did. Your toes look great! So jealous of your vaca! Have so much fun!

Robin, I'm sorry your pilates workout was boring. Glad you took a rest week though - I'm sure your body will thank you! I'm horrible at pilates and yoga - so boring!

Kate, I'll call on Monday - will Isabel be at preschool? Your talk of nursing actually makes me miss it. I loved nursing my babies! I just love little babies. Too bad I had ultra yuck pg!

Katie, I'm glad you are so excited about STS! Take before and after pics! That goes for all of you actually. You guys are making my mouth water with all the talk about mexican food. I LOVE fajitas, enchiladas, burritos, empanadas, nachos, guacamole (OH HOW I LOVE guacamole)! Enjoy your bday dinner! There is a mexican place at disneyland paris... might have to go just to get some!

Colleen, all your meetings would drive me crazy. Have fun in Philly this weekend!

Morris, glad you got to "stay up" with dh last night. :) Your plyo (imax 3, 2, bc!) sounds nuts. Some day I'll have to try that! Have a great busy day - enjoy your sledding fun! :)

Tomorrow we're going to Belgium and I'm going out to dinner with some other American CAT wives (there are a lot of them in Belgium). I'm really looking forward to that.

We're debating what to do when the girls have time off school in Feb... Barcelona, London, skiing, etc... can't decide.

OK... shower time. Sweaty pig am I.

Happy Friday!

Sorry I never got back here last night. My cousin did end up coming over to help with Darrin's resume and stayed for a few hours. I did end up doing 25 minutes of HIIT and the abs from HSC. I'm debating on taking my rest day today-STS is supposed to come today:) So I might sit and preview all day. I'm sore, too. I think doing S&I, GS Legs, and HIIT 3 days in a row isn't such a good idea. If I do work out, it'll probably be MM Upper Body premix.

Katie, your endorsement of Plyo Legs has me so excited. I can't wait til this afternoon. Nice job on the tm. My butt is good and sore, too! Have a great night out with you boys:)

Kate, you'll be great tonight! What could be easier than talking about Julia? Plyo Legs, too?! Not fair!

Angie, I'm so jealous of your hubby time. Darrin went out again at 1:00 a.m and isn't home yet! We're so in need of a night out. I'm hoping to drop the girls off at my mom's the Friday before Valentine's:) Bonne chance avec IMAX 3!

Robin, thanks for the heads up on the pilates workout. I need a new one and thought yours sounded interesting, but if you don't think so, I won't look into it. I only have an intermediate mat workout by Ana Caban.

Morris, wow! Busy, busy! Nice job on the workout. How did you do your hiit? And get out of the house! You so deserve some alone time to rejuvinate.

Colleen, you Plyo Legs people are killing me! Have a great time in Philly tomorrow.

Anne, are you counting down the minutes? I like BC the original, too. Your toes are so pretty:)

b-kashi, pear slices

bbl...

robin, what is up with the avtar? is that you? good job with the disipline of a recovery week.

anne, your workout month looks awesome

hi colleen - nice doms!! have a fun trip to philly. i used to live in center city - those pretzels did me in!!

cookies still at work today. i plan to repeat yesterday and have nary a crumb! of course there is also apple pie here. not going there!! i am bummed i am not down in weight. i want to drop 2 lbs, but i am not sure it will happen with the sleep deprivation. does anyone else think that makes them heavier? i am not up more, but i wanted to be down, esp with the clean eating:( maybe i am too focused on it, dunno

klaudia, you snuck in. where will darrin apply for a job? if we move to fla, you should come there too - it is perfect for landscaping! plus, we could workout together:p i did my hiit by alternating minutes fast vs slow - got up to 102 for 1 min (not sure mph) then recovered at 82. repeat for 32 min which ended up being 6 miles. i was just so tired, i stuck with the half hour instead of my usual hour. enjoy some upper body today

angie, imax 3 is awesome!!

chatty girls without me this moring!!:D

robin, yay for another new wo for hte kb queen!
sorry the pilateswas bad. thatll teach you to cheat on miranda!:p

colleen, try not to groan too loud when you stand up!:eek::D
birthday party.....cake........mmmmmmmmm:eek:

morris, yes, i do think losing sleep screws w/ your metabolism. i know ive read stuff about it but dont have it anymore. up nursing babies we are in a constant state of sleep deprivation!
i strugglw so much w/ how much to eat while nursing - do you? you want to eat enough to support the wo's and nursing but you want a calorie defecit to sculpt/chisel. whats a lactating mama to do???!!!:confused::eek:
and what is the deal w/ all the desserts at your work all the time? do patients briing them in???

angie, awesome job on imax3! those blasts slay me! morris is my impact hero!
as faras i can tell right now, monday will be great!

klaudia, sts day!!!! i might do some more abs tonight.
i skipped my kashi today for egg/veggie bake! yours makes me want some! maybe for lunch!:D

anne, sing w/ me "if you like pina coladas....!":D:D:D:D im so excited for you!
you worked out 22 more days than almost everyone i know! youdid awesome!

Last edited:
:DLOL you are so right Kate I was thinking about Miranda as I was doing the pilates workout. class stretch would have been a better choice.

Klaudia let us know when you get your package.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.