**~You MELT my heart Feb 14th~**

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Morning Melters!

Just done my six miles and off to the shower but wanted to get this going!

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

Happy Valentine's Day, Melters!

I hope everyone gets lots of chocolate and stuff. :9 Okay, so it's not exactly the best thing if you're trying to melt, but oh well.

Thanks, everyone, for the support about my job situation. The main problem is our illustrious leader - he can't lead. He's relatively new - he's been here about 2 years. The management members simply can't take it anymore, so they're leaving. Our organization is already under the gun at both state and federal levels, as are similar organizations nationwide. So when we lose key members who have so much knowledge, it just really makes matters worse.

So, last night I gobbled down my giant Valentine's cookie from Mom - she even wrote my name on it in icing. Today we're having a going away party for one of those management people who quit... if there are cookies, I'm going to eat one. At least one. }( You might notice that melting isn't a high priority lately.

Shelley - how was the run? Did you break any records this morning?

Lanie - are you all right this morning?? I'll bet you're bruised from top to toe. You poor thing.

TK - I love your definition of BOAT!

Tneah - I'm afraid the only way to stop the sugar cravings is to go cold turkey and suffer for a while. It ain't easy, is it? x(

Robin - you're right about my calf. Rest and more rest. But the doc did say I could ellipticize. Thank goodness!

Hi Shannon - nope, no broken records this morning. Your cookie sounds delicious! And if there are more cookies today, I say go for it! Of course, I have raging PMS, so I may not be the best person to advise you on that:p

Good Morning Everyone!:)

Shelley, whatta cute way to start the thread today.:+ I love Valentines Day....great job on the run, you deserve a nice big heart filled with chocolates--my fantasy gift of course. No guy has ever bought me my own box of chocolates-probably because I am always on some stupid diet.

Shannon, yummers, that cookie sounded delicious.}( She even wrote your name on it? That is so cool, whaaaa...I want my mommy!:D

I am quite sure someone else is posting right now, and I will miss them, so Happy Valentines Day to all of you.

My ipod peetered out last night:eek: they have an APPLE store here, so off I go to buy another one, I am now addicted to the itreads workouts, now that I cannot rely on Cathe or other workouts. They really push me, which I love. I have workouts for the bike, the elliptical and treadmill.

As far as melting goes, I am at the point where I cannot tell by looking into the mirror whether or not I am melting more fat or not. In fact it almost feels like I have stopped melting altogether despite the 2-45 minute cardio workouts and the hour long weight workouts. I don't know anymore, it already feels like its been a lifetime, but at least I know I will take away new, healthier eating habits, and the importance of enough protein in the diet. I think the protein has made the most difference for me in helping "lean" my muscles out. It really is a wonder food. I wasn't eating enough of it before I started this plan.

Ok, off to the races gals, BBL...

Hi everyone. Hard day here. I mentioned on last night's thread how I fell down the stairs (literally slid down all the way from top to bottom--and we have high ceilings so it's a long way down). I slid down on my right side (yep, the same side where I previously hurt my ankle and the same side with the worst of the crackly knees) with my right arm somehow extended overhead as I went down. I still hurt all the way down my right side--neck, arm, hip, butt, ankle. I was planning on some upper body work today but that seems really painful now, so I might just do some gentle cardio or yoga or something.

Also, Isaac is home from school sick (had 103 temperature last night but down to 100 today). Ewan is also sick but doesn't have school on Thursday anyway. Plus, Ewan had a poop incident (mainly involving him trying to use the toilet after he'd already filled his diaper) and when I thought I'd give him a bath I realized we have no hot water. I can't quite figure out the lighting of the pilot light (I've done it in other houses but this is a weird heater) so I'm stuck with cold water until DH comes home.

OK, is that enough complaining? I should find a quicker way to say all that, like this: fell down stairs, in pain, sick kids, poopy kids, no hot water. There ya go. Happy Valentine's Day to me.

Shannon, think your mom would like to come visit me in NY? I'll take her into the city if she bakes a bit for me. ;) OK, I probably don't need her help in my non-melting. I don't know yet if I'm all right. Things still hurt. A lot.

Shelley, way to go getting that workout in early. Do you watch videos or listen to music or just do iTread or Cardio Coach or something while you run?

Tneah, have fun at the Apple store. I love the Apple store--so bright and shiny and white in there. I think that's half the reason Brian got me my Mac--because the Apple store was so much nicer than the Best Buy where we stopped to look at PC laptops first.

Gotta drag my creaking body into the kitchen for more coffee (though it's almost lunch time). BBL.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Tneah - I bet you any money are ARE melting, but it's just so hard to tell when we look at ourselves every.single.day.

Lainie - oh you poor girl! What a horrid couple of days you're having!!! Will Brian spoil you for V-day, at least? I fell down the stairs a couple of of years ago, hitting the metal railing on every single step and I was covered in huge black bruises all over my rear. Very pretty. Sorry the kids are sick and poopy. Sometimes I'll do an iTread or Cardio Coach workout, or I listen to music. This morning was just music.

Shelley - I like your advice anyhow. I'm not PMSing, but I might as well be. Good grief, I'm having a severe junk food attack lately!

Tneah - I agree with Shelley - you probably are melting. But the thing is, you already look so lean that it's hard to spot the little changes.

Lanie - woman, if I were you, I wouldn't worry about any sort of workout today. Give your poor, bruised body a chance to heal. Feed it chocolate. That should help.

Hi melters. I'm taking a rest day, except for my knee exercises. My knee was a little bothersome last night. I went into town this morning to drop off DH's valentines. He always makes little bags of kisses and valentines for all my co-workers. When I got home, my knee was a little swollen and warm, so I'm spending the rest of the day on the couch with my ice bag.

tneah, I'll be you are melting too. No way you'd notice after looking at yourself closely everyday. Maybe you should blindfold yourself and take a peek every other week or so. It's sort of like stepping on the scale everyday.

Shannon, I made my DH his favorite cookies for VD. He loves soft sugar cookies with buttercream frosting.

Lainie, you poor thing. What a terrible time you've had. I really admire how well you've handled everything all by yourself. Your DH better get you one heck of a VD gift! I fell down the steps a few years ago and bruised my ribs so badly, I had to take a week off of work. I don't think I worked out for 2 weeks.

TK, Emily, Michele, Leanne, any one else, have a wonderful VD. I heard someone on the radio call today Single Awareness Day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.