**~iT's fRidAy, MeLteRs!~**

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Morning ladies~

As you can see, I'm feeling a bit funky this morning:p Because IT'S FRIDAY!!! This week has been interminable. But it's almost over. Yay! Today was weigh-in day for me and I'm holding fast.

Is Deb back today? If so, welcome back, Deb! We missed you:)

Robin - so, will you start on another knitting project now that the gorgeous sweater is done?

Tneah - it's check-in day for you today. Let us know how it goes! I bet you've melted a bunch more.

Leanne - how was your day yesterday? Super-busy again? Did you find time to eat? How's your DH? He plays D&D, right? Ask him if he's ever heard of Warhammer.

Judy - do you plan menus for weekends too, or are they less structured?

Shannon - how was PUB last night?

Emily - hey, scrapping buddy!!!! Is the basement still dry?

TK - you must be super-busy at work. Or maybe you're furiously knitting pink legwarmers:p

Lainie - how are you feeling today? Will DH have to work this weekend? How did the cake turn out the other day?

Stephanie - haven't heard from you in a while. I hope things are going well.

Michele - we're thinking of you!!

I think that's everyone. Hi to anyone I missed. I'll bbl to see what you're all up to.

Morning Shelley. What? No shoveling today? I hope not anyway. I also hope the commute is easier. I just finished up a quicky crocheted Christmas stocking for Greyor and started a hoodie for him. I think I have to tear out a couple rows though. I think I dropped a stitch while watching TV.

Emily, is your basement finished? Ours is just a big storage/garbage pit, so nothing gets damaged if it gets wet, but it's a bugger to clean. I keep tossing out bags of "stuff" but DH keeps accumulating more.

Lanie, I know it's early yet, but how's the No Shopping for Lent going? How do you decide if it's "shopping?" I mean, you have to buy groceries, toiletries etc. When do you draw the line and say no?

Shannon, we are hoping to see wolves this summer when we go to Yellowstone with my sister and her DH. If I do, I'll surely thing of you!

Hey to Deb, if you see this.

Another hey to Leanne. How was work yesterday?

And another to TK, Michele, Stephanie and any other I missed. I have to go bend my knee now. Later.

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank goodness. Yes, Shelley, this week has been way too long. Why can't Saturday seem so long?

Shelley - congrats on your weigh-in! I think you're our most successful Melter. PUB was a very good workout, and I lifted heavier than my norm again. It felt good.

Robin - you must be a very fast crocheter! Are you crocheting or knitting Greyor's hoodie? I hope you're able to see wolves! I spent a summer working in Yellowstone back in the late 80s. They were just considering reintroducing them to the area.

I don't really have any exciting news... hello to everyone else! I hope to see you later!

Hi everyone. The crud is attacking me again. I mean, it's been there as a small irritant but it's up front again giving me a sore throat and other aggravations. Grrr. TOM is not over yet, either.

At least I got a workout in yesterday. I'm not sure about today since it's another busy one. I have to go to physical therapy this morning while Ewan is at nursery school, then I'm going to squeeze in a grocery run before I pick him up. Otherwise I'll have to take him with me afterward. After school (actually not until 5:30pm) the boys have a dental appointment. That's going to bump into dinner-making time, but we'll figure something out.

Of course, if I get the groceries in the morning, I'll have a nice free time in the afternoon to work out if I'm feeling up to it. It would be just cardio and something low impact. Only trouble is, my knees were hurting last night after doing a fairly low impact workout. x(

Shelley, I guess the cake turned out well; they all ate it with gusto. I didn't sample it myself because of the coconut. I don't think DH will have to work this weekend--not sure what we'll do yet. I hope to get him to take apart the bunkbeds in Isaac's room so that Ewan can move to a big boy bed.

Robin, as you can see by what I wrote earlier, I do allow myself to shop for groceries. I just don't go to Target or Ann Taylor Loft or Kohl's or to my favorite little boutiques in the village.... I also don't stop and buy stuff like novels, DVDs, makeup, or toys that they might have at the grocery store. My preferred grocery store doesn't have much of that stuff anyway. Now, if my kids suddenly really needed a pair of shoes, I could buy them a pair of shoes, but while at it I wouldn't allow myself to buy other stuff on the way in and out of the store. I can buy toiletries if they are actually necessary (shaving gel, soap, whatever) but not saunter around Bath and Body Works stocking up on whatever smells good to me. Does that make sense? It's all on my own conscience anyway, so I make the rules up.

Shannon, how's the calf today? I'm very unhappy with my knees. I hate all the limits on my workouts. I've really got to get that stationary bike soon!

Hello to all who follow--gotta take Ewan to school.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Wow, Shannon, you worked at Yellowstone? What did you do? Any suggestions for a must see/must hike? We are spending one night at the Old Faithful Lodge. DH is hoping to go climbing in the Tetons, while we (DS,DBIL and I) may go horseback riding. I'd also love to rent some kayaks and hit one of the lakes for a day.

Lanie - I'm so sorry you're sick again. That must be even more irritating than your knees and ankle. I hope you get better soon. My calf is better. I walked at lunch yesterday with just some minor discomfort. I may try the ellptical this weekend. But I can tell it still won't tolerate step.

Robin - I worked in the cafeteria, serving food. It was just a summer job during college. It was fantastic!!! Oh man - there is so much to see up there. One all day hike I distinctly remember was called the Pebble Creek Trail. But it doesn't sound like you'll be up there that long. You MUST go see the Norris Geyser Basin. It's sublime. What sort of things can DS and DBIL do?

Hi everybody,

It's Friday and I have just a few minutes to post and see how everyone is doing. Dallas was ok, nothing spectacular. It was 73 degress when it was warm.. which could last about 20 minutes! then it would drop down to 50.. very crazy temps there! I would love to do personals, but I don;t think I can today.. am trying to get the house back in order and pack to leave tomorrow am for Mexico.. hope everyone has a good week!

p.s I will go back and read up on what has been happening with all of you when I get a minute later.

Deb

Deb - YOU'RE BACK!! Yep, you experienced a true southern winter. It's been the exact same way in Arkansas. Have fun in Mexico!

Hey Melters! Y'all have been chatty already this morning :)

I'm happy to report that my weigh-in was good this morning - I've deflated to my pre-stress-eating-extravaganza weight. :D I did 4DS Kickbox and Legs this morning - I've got the wobbly legs going on now. And it's PIZZA NIGHT but like always, I will have a huge salad before I touch the pizza. :9

Shelley, yes the basement is still dry. For now. :)

Robin, our basement is unfinished, but ALL of my exercise equipment is down there - the Bowflex, the treadmill, my step, weights, Cathe DVDs, etc. You are quite the knitting and crocheting queen! I bet Greyor's little hoodie is going to be so cute! :D

Shannon, good job with PUB! :) I agree with you - why can't Saturdays last longer???

Lainie, you poor thing! I hope you feel better soon.

Deb, welcome back!!! :D Great to have you back.

Alright, I gotta skedaddle. So much to do and so little time to do it...

Good Day All!:7

Deb, hey there!:) Good to see you again, glad you are back, if even for a second...have a terrific time in Mexico, enjoy the food...:9 and be safe!

Robin, Greyor is your grandson? I kept a Christmas stocking my Grandma made me forever, you always hold onto and remember those kinds of things, still cannot believe you are an grandma though.;)

Shelley, you are the bestest melter!:7 I think you scared the fat (if you had any to begin with that is) right off your bod with those record breaking runs-it didn't have a chance.:p

Lainie, oh dear, you really do need a stationary bike, I have been using mine alot more lately and am actually starting to enjoy the fact nothing hurts after a hard workout on the bike-it truly is the best for those of us with "creaky parts!":)

Shannon, what an interesting and fun job you must have had at Yellowstone. You remind me of one of those women you see modeling on the athletic web sites like Athleta and Title Nine!:) Scaling rocky cliffs, diving into the ocean, hiking in the hills, etc..conquering the outdoors--I have always wanted to be one of those women...

Today is weigh-in...I need to finish my coffee and go take a look I guess. I have not been a slave to my scale during this program which is one good thing about it. Don't think I could have stuck with the program if I saw my weight go up and down everyday--you know that always happens when you weigh yourself everyday.
Thanks for playing my little game yesterday, that was fun and yes, I actually got some work done afterwards thank goodness!
Hi to everyone and BBL with either the bad or the good news...have to go put on my bikini too...oh joy.:eek:

Happy Friday, everyone!

Oh, it sounds like you all had fun playing Tneah's game yesterday! What interesting responses! Yesterday was a LONG day at work since I had two meetings at the end of the day, so I was basically at work from 6:30 in the AM until about 6:10 that night. I was disappointed, too, since I was supposed to meet some work friends for dinner, but I was so tired that I came straight home. My eating hasn't been that great this week, but I did weigh in this morning and am exactly the same as I was last week.

Today I've been moping around a bit and feeling down. Tomorrow marks the seven-year anniversary of my mom's passing, and this is always a hard time of year for me. She was only 55, and had an advanced stage of kidney cancer; by the time that they discovered it, she passed away less than two weeks later. Sorry to be so glum, but I could use any hugs that you all can send!!

In other news, DH and I are going away tomorrow for a quick weekend in Vegas to see Spam-A-Lot. (I wish we were there longer so we could meet, Tneah! But we will soon!) We were going to do it next weekend so that it wouldn't be a hard weekend, but then we decided that it might be good to take our minds off of things by getting away this weekend. We'll stop at the cemetery tomorrow on our way to the airport, and then hopefully the show tomorrow night will bring us good laughs.

Deb -- We missed you this week! Glad to hear that Dallas was alright -- and hopefully Mexico will be better! Were you able to eat well and exercise a bit while you were gone? I keep forgetting to tell you, too, that I've totally given up on trying to make my Lean Dessert shakes with water; I'm back to skim milk because the water was just making them sticky and chunky. Yuck!

Shelley -- Awesome job on holding steady! Is Sophie feeling better? I read about all that snow shoveling you did yesterday. Has any more of it reappeared? Did you make it home from work yesterday in less time?

Tneah -- How great that you're still making good progress!! I bet you just rock that bikini.

Lainie -- Glad that Brian had a nice b-day and that the cake turned out well! You poor thing -- I can't believe you're sick again!! How did PT go today?

Robin -- How are you feeling? That sweater you made is just gorgeous -- and you look fantastic!! I love that beautiful beige color; it's so warm and inviting.

Emily -- Tonight's usually pizza night for us, too, but I never have a salad beforehand. You're so good!;-)

Shannon -- Glad to hear that your calf is feeling better! When did you say that the MRI is?

I'll BBL to check in again!

Tneah - how'd the weigh-in go? You make me laugh - I'm nowhere near the adventurer that you described! I love the outdoors, but trust me, my "adventures" are pretty tame.

Emily - congratulations on your deflation! Wooohooo! See? Cookies don't hurt a bit, do they? Thank goodness. ;)

Shannon, I'm going to go look up Pebble Creek in my Yellowstone guides. We will be in the park about 8 days, but can't do any backpacking, since we are flying and won't be able to take gear. DS and BIL have been given the word to get in shape, because we want to hike.

Deb, welcome back and bon voyage. I hope Mexico is good.

tneah, good luck with the weigh in. I forgot to mention that I'm down a pound.

Emily, I hope you didn't lose any equipment in the Great Basement Flood of ought 8. If I ever get my wish to build a brand new house for retirement, it won't have a basement.

Leanne, {{{HUGS}}} and {{{{MORE HUGS}}}. Gosh, your mom wasn't much older then me. Have fun in Vegas.

Hi Emily and Leanne! Sorry I missed you guys!:)

Leanne (((HUGS)))to you. We lost our best friend this past summer to lung cancer, not like losing mom, but know that my thoughts are with you. Please enjoy the heck out of Vegas:)

Emily, congrads on your loss...see? A few "bad" choices do not a fat ass make.;)

Yeah to Robin on her loss as well!:p

I weighed in. Have not lost anymore pounds, but went down a whole bodyfat percent, plus my hips are 1/2 inch smaller, lost an inch in my waist and yesterday when I was working out, I noticed my upper body is so much leaner looking. Sigh. I know its the bodyfat we all want to lose, right? Its still hard not watching the numbers go down though. I knew this would happen though, plus I am getting alot stronger with the weights. Let's see what Mr. Trainer man has to say about the pics I sent and my "numbers".:) BBL...

Leanne - gosh, what a long day! I hope you enjoy your weekend in Vegas. You're smart to do something like that to help take your mind off the other stuff. Here's a big {{{{HUG}}}}. I hope you feel better.

Robin - eight days? Oh good! I'll have to get out my photo album and look up the names of some other trails I hiked. Pebble Creek was beautiful - we went up in the spring and the alpine flowers were blooming.

Tneah - excellent! I'd take smaller hips and waist over weight loss any day. A question: what happens after the 12 weeks? Are you going to have to change your old habits so you can maintain?

Hey everyone,

Thanks for sending the hugs and your good thoughts my way! I'm in the middle of doing Clean Max and Laundry Max, then I'll do my workout, then I'll do my work . . . and then I think I'll sit down and have a good cry later!!

Robin -- The trip to Yellowstone this summer sounds so wonderful!!

Tneah -- That is so fantastic that your BF dropped that much and that you're getting leaner and stronger!! I know it's hard, but try not to stress over those numbers on the scale. You don't want to have to wrestle with those demons again! Just think that you're making such great progress! Besides, your DH doesn't want you melting away too much!;-)

Shannon -- How fun to have worked at Yellowstone! Did all those terrible storms pass near you? Hope that they didn't!

Good afternoon, Melters!

First off, Leanne, I'm sending lots and lots of big squeezy {{{hugs}}}. I lost my mom in 2003 and I'm still not over it. I have a really hard time around the anniversary of her passing too. I think having a good cry is a great idea:)

Tneah - hooray for losing a WHOLE PERCENTAGE POINT of BF. That's amazing! Like Leanne said, try not to concentrate on the scale numbers. THEY LIE!

Emily - I can't wait to work out in your basement gym ;-)

Shannon - I'd love to see Yellowstone pics sometime! It sounds like you really enjoyed that summer!

Robin - you're taking lots of fun trips this year!

Lainie - I can't believe you're sick again! Grrrrrrrrrrr.... stupid winter germs! I also can't believe you're giving up shopping. I don't shop much, but when I get the urge, look out! I have the urge this weekend, actually.

Deb - sorry that Dallas was just okay. I hope Mexico makes up for it!

My day is going all right, but my co-worker isn't speaking to me and it's making the atmosphere in the office somewhat awkward. Oh well. At least it's the weekend. Maybe she'll be over whatever it is that is bugging her by Monday.

Oh, Shelly, I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your mom so recently! Had she been ill beforehand? I hope that your co-worker is in a better mood! Do you know why she's upset? Don't let those bad vibes get you down!!!

Mr. Trainer man hasn't got back to me yet, I'm kinda pissed, cause its a big deal knowing what he thinks, and if he is going to change anything with my plan. I feel like crap today-sorta, I don't know, its too much coffee (which I swore I would cut back on, but have not cause I get so tired), and am a touch grumpy about no feedback.x(

Anyway...good question Shannon, who the hell knows what I am gonna do after 12 weeks? Take a few photos to remember "when", and then go out for Mexican.....}( oh I am so bitchy right now. Sorry.;) Hopefully, some of my new healthier eating habits will carry on, and I will be able to maintain my new, leaner self.:7 If not, then I shall live my life like the formerly wanton woman I was with wine, sugar and peanut butter--in moderation of course.

More ((HUGS))to both Shelley and Leanne, I lost my mom to cancer when she was only 38. She had me when she was 17 and I only met her once, but it was and still is hard. She was a 60's flower child and lived in Haight Ashbury during all the craziness...thats all I really know about her, other than she looks like me exactly. I know how special mommies are.:)

Ok pretty ladies, I might be back, gotta go workout again...x( :7

OH yeah! Leanne, we are going down to San Diego for a few days, while you and your DH will be here in Vegas--how funny! We will have to get together this summer, we will basically be down in SD during the Vegas heatwave.

Tneah - any word yet?

Leanne - my mom went through a lot, actually. When she was 57 she had an aneurysm in her head that burst and she was in the hospital for seven months. She had to learn to do everything again. She recovered wonderfully from that, then she got lung cancer. They removed part of her left lung and we thought all was well, but the following year (2003) the cancer came back and had metastasized (I don't think that's the right spelling) and was everywhere, so it was just a matter of time.

Well, I did Bodymax 2 tonight - the whole thing, even the upper body work! I didn't do the push-ups and I used lighter weights than Cathe and crew, but I did it! Felt great! And my arm seems okay.:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.