**~ Melting on Hump Day ~**

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Morning all!

Okay, I'm starting to be worried about Deb! Deb - where are you? Is everything okay?

Didn't get to check back in yesterday, but I also didn't work out.

I'll bbl later for personals!

Hi,

Sorry for not checking in...I have been so sick I could't sit at the computer for any time. I left work Monday and stayed home yesterday. The whole day is just a blur. I feel a little better today and will try the work thing again. Clancy is doing a little better. We have a vet appointment tomorrow morning to do a recheck. He is still wheezing and very weak. My fear is it's his heart. Although the vet said Saturday that his heart sounded good, no murmur etc. They may take another chest x-ray to see if there are any tumors etc. blocking the lungs. The poor little guy is not himself at all. I just don;t want to see him suffer.

It sounds like everyone is having some very strange dreams. I wonder what brings that on?

I will check in later, hopefully I will make it through the day at work.

Thank you for all the well wishes and healing hugs for Clancy..

Deb

Thanks for checking in, Deb! I'm so sorry to hear that you're so sick! Are you sure it's wise to go into work? And I'm sending lots of positive vibes Clancy's way. Let us know what the vet says.

Deb, I'm relieved you checked in. Please keep us up to date with both you and Clancy. Poor puppy. Take it easy at work today!

Leanne, how was your busy day?

Shelley, did you do a workout this morning, you slug-a-bed?

Lianne, I was LOL at your gas post on the OF. A few years ago, I attempted to add more beans to my diet, with the same disasterous results. After a bit, the problem seemed to lessen, but my family was happy when I gave up the Mostly Bean Diet.

tneah, you are right, of course, about the scale. It was 2 pounds lower this morning. Great news about what Mtr Trainerman had to say about your progress.

TK, yeah, Cher and I are probably first cousins. LOL. The guy who played Mannix is Armenian too.

The swelling in my knee seems to have gone down. I'm going to stick to a tricep/bicep workout today. I may hop on the bike for a bit tomorrow. I sure did want to do some leg work this week, but that probably wouldn't be wise.

Hi, Melters -

I hope today will be a little more normal at work. We'll see. Last night I did an upper body workout with no music,no video, just the weights and me. Oh, and the dog. She wanted to be pet every few exercises or so. :7 I lifted pretty heavy and feel good this morning.

Shelley - did you enjoy your rest day? What are your workout plans today?

Deb - I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. You should probably stay home one more day to let yourself fully recuperate. Take it easy, okay? And besides, you need to stay home and give your doggie some extra lovin'. The poor guy. Keep us posted on what the vet says.

Robin and Leanne - if you have "problems" with eating beans, it might help to drain off all the juice and rinse them before you eat them. That goes for canned beans, as well as those you cook at home. It really helps me!

Robin - I'm glad the swelling has gone down. Isn't that irritating? Have you started stretching it more? My doc recommended LOTS of stretching, as I've mentioned.

Tneah - what a great report from Mr. Trainer! And an even better report from you - I'm so glad you're feeling more balanced and happy with your fitness plan.

Hi again!

Robin - I didn't work out this morning... I shoveled. So I will work out tonight - Amy Bento's ASC 2 and some ab work.

Shannon - does petting Brandy count as some kind of arm work?:p

Tneah - I went and read your post from yesterday. Sounds like you're doing really well! And like you've found some balance, which is so important! I didn't have any weird dreams about you last night, but I got your package and THANK YOU!!!:)

Shelley - petting Brandy is kind of like yoga or meditation - you know, very relaxing. So does that count as a double workout?

Happy Humpers Day :)

Yawn. A restless night for some reason. Good to see you back Deb, of course our best wishes to you and Clancy today. Sounds like you really got the sick bug.:-( Lots of soup and rest for you young lady. Hopefully your vet will get to the bottom of Clancy's health problem. I have to take Georgie to the vet, he jumped out of my SUV like a big doofus and hurt his front paw. We thought it had healed but he is still favoring it, the vet said nothing was broken and to let it take its course, but that has been months ago.

Shelley, yeah,glad you received your package. Let me know what you think about the workout, I sorta liked it. But like I stated before, the upper body thing was pointless to me, you cannot lift enough weight to make a difference in your muscle, but the lower body? Excellent!:) But at the end of the day, I will take a Grace workout over this one for sure. yes, I am a total Grace convert now!

Shannon, glad to see you back from your editing. Sounds like you had a very, very busy day. That can be both good and bad, good in that the day seems to fly by! :) Sounds like you had a "zen" like workout. Georgie likes to hang out with me when I work out, and comes in and lays down with me on the floor when he hears the music change and knows its time to stretch! Whatta funny boy he is.

Robin, glad to hear the swelling is down, good deal. Now don't aggravate it by doing something silly. I know its hard, but give it a few more weeks. You will regain your lower body strength really quick, our muscles have great little memories and respond very quickly once you are able to get back to your normal routine.

Hi to Leanne, Lainie, Emily and the rest! BBL to check in on you guys.

My cardio got upped to 50 minutes, 2 times a day, I know it sounds like alot. I am 'pretending" that I am training for an endurance race or something, it helps me stay in the mindset and helps me challenge myself. My endurance is improving so that is actually exciting. I ordered some more Spinervals workouts for my spin bike, I am actually starting to enjoy these. They really are homemade workouts compared to Cathe's well produced workouts, but Coach Troy is straight-forward and no nonsense which I like. They are very athletic which is more my style, plus Brenda is in alot of them.:) Spinning is starting to add some nice definition to my legs, although my privates tend to go numb after awhile on the bike. And to think a few months ago, I wouldn't go near my spin bike because of the "hard" and dread factor.

Okay, off to the races, I have a nice beef roast in the crock pot, making BBQ sandwiches for the boys later on today...was going to make a rum/caramel cake too, but they all begged me not too because they are "watching" their weight and complain they always gain weight when they come down here cause I cook too much.

Good morning, everyone!

I missed you all yesterday! I'm starting to get used to this long schedule, but I come home feeling really wiped out on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I don't think that I'll do a 7:00 AM class again anytime soon since it's just too hard for me to get up that early.

Things at work have been really icky right now; our new college president has turned out to be a real a**, and he's withholding a raise that we should have had three years ago. Our department is also in the midst of a battle over hiring new full-time faculty. If we hire new people, we've found out that that money would come from money that is supposed to go to give us raises. Some people still want to go ahead with hiring, even though it directly affects our pay. There have been a lot of nasty emails flying around, but I'm trying to just keep my head under the radar and ignore most of it. Sorry to vent!

Today I'll be doing MIS, and I may swap out the MIS abs for Core Max 2. I've been eating like a pig since I've started this endurance rotation (and Aunt Flo sure isn't helping!), but I keep telling myself that I need to eat to put on muscle, right??!;-)

Deb -- I'm so sorry to hear that you're so sick and that Clancy is not doing too much better. Please keep us posted on how he is after your vet appointment tomorrow, and know that we're all sending our positive vibes your way!! {{{HUGS!!!}}}

Shelley -- Sounds like the snow shoveling was a great workout in itself! How do you like Amy's ASCII? I know that Lainie loves it, but I've put off ordering it since her regular ASC always trips me up a bit.

Robin -- Glad that the swelling has gone down! Are you getting excited about your trip? Can you take any stow-aways with you?!;-) Tneah mentioned a post about Greyor from the OD, but I haven't had time to check for it yet this morning. Is he doing alright?

Shannon -- Hope your day at work goes well! Any news on the job-hunting front?

Tneah -- Wow!! You rock, girl! I can't believe that you got your body fat that low so quickly! You should be so proud of yourself!!! How are things after the incident with your DH? You two still need to do your weekend get-away, don't you?! Hopefully you can fit it in soon! Edited: Looks like we were posting at the same time again!! Glad that you're enjoying those spin workouts! I used to love to go to spinning at the gym, and really miss those classes, even though Cathe is a great substitute!

Lainie -- Did you see that Amy's new kickboxing workouts will be shipping in about a month? I'm so excited about them! How is your belly doing today? I saw your post from yesterday about the bean problems. Any better today?

TK -- Your family research sounds so interesting! I'd love to work on that kind of project. Where do you find most of your info? Are there any particular websites you'd recommend? Is the software you mentioned available on the Mormon Church's website?

Drinking my protein shake (BSN vanilla:9 ) before heading to my little workout space, not sure which cardio this AM, thought about Cardio Fusion? Its been awhile since I have done that one...I need a Cathe fix today! Then a shoulder workout.

Wanted to tell Leanne, sorry chica for the mess at work, I am so happy I am not involved in our office politics anymore. I hate stupid incompetent people who get placed in "management" positions and vomit their stupidity all over everyone in their path--can you tell we have alot of those working in our company too?:7 You are smart to "stay cool" and ignore it all. Have fun with your workout, I have never done MIS, probably an oldie but goodie right? And don't worry bout the eating, you are building muscle and that requires nutrition. You have been working your little butt off with your rotations so don't worry!:7

Okay off one more time...

Hi, had a busy morning getting kids off to school, going to physical therapy for my knees, running by Target, etc. Ewan and I are back home now and I'm trying to get him to sit and eat his lunch.

I'm trying to figure out about my planned lower body workout today. I forgot to ask the PT about if I can do weight work yet, but I also did some weight work there, so not sure if I should do a BFL lower body workout or not.

BBL for personals. Need to have my 3rd meal soon.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

OK, I'm back. I did my abs but no more lower body--since I did that both Monday and today at physical therapy. In fact, we kicked it up a notch today at therapy and it wore me out. I have a new PT I'm working with, because my old cute one had his hours changed. The new one is nice and very chatty--which means I was there an extra half hour today. I think next week is my last week as long as I'm doing well.

Deb, so sorry you and Clancy have been so sick. I hope you are both 100% soon.

Shelley, ooh, ASC2--that's my big fave lately. Tomorrow I think I'll do part of her KBX since it has intervals like I'm supposed to do for BFL.

Robin, perhaps we can both do some leg work next week (other than therapy)! Yeah, I was shocked at what escaped my body last night--eek! Better so far today but I haven't had any broccoli yet. :p

Shannon, how's work today? Still busy?

Tneah, yikes, lots of cardio! Makes my little wonky knees hurt to think about it.

Leanne, yeah, I'm happy about the new Amy workouts--I really loved her least set of DVDs. It actually wasn't beans that did me in, (didn't have any of those yesterday) but I think it was broccoli (which I had at 2 meals). That stuff is killer (when it revisits you). No trouble today so far.

TK, while we're talking about our family histories, I'll brag on mine a bit--I come from a long line of Texans, and further up the line a "great-great-something uncle" was Stephen F. Austin, the Father of Texas and the one for whom they named the state capital. :) Also, a great-great-grandfather was a mason who helped build the state capitol building. I'm kind of a family traitor for living in NY, of course.

Yikes, I'm hungry for another mini-meal, but I have to go pick up rugrat #1 from the bus stop soon.

My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

I like KBX a lot. It's a bit unusual and some people say she has bad form (it's a little iffy, but I keep to my regular way of punching and when she does side jump kicks I just do them to the front--can't handle them to the side). It's more choreographed than a lot of kickbox workouts--seems a bit to me like it's kickboxing crossed with hi-lo.

Hey all!

Just had some lunch after working out, and now I have to get back to some more work. We're starting _Frankenstein_ in my British Literature class tomorrow, and I always love teaching it. It's such a fantastic, interesting book!

Shelley -- Like Lainie, I really like AB's KBX! As Lainie mentioned, AB's form isn't all that great, but it's a fun workout and it's really hard -- in a good way!;-)

Lainie -- Sounds like you've had a busy day! Oh, I did know you had said broccoli, but somehow wrote "beans." Glad you're doing better today! What a bummer that they swapped out your cute PT for this new one!

Tneah -- Thanks for the cheery words about my work and my eating! All that political stuff in the workplace really is a pain, isn't it?? Yes, MIS is an oldie -- and definitely a goodie! I'm already feeling it!;-)

Hi ladies. This morning I was a really bad girl and took an unplanned rest day. I was just still so tired from working really late on Tuesday I opted to sleep an extra hour. I'll just make up the missed workout over the weekend.

Leanne: That's awful about all that crap at your work. It's like a no-win situation! That really stinks. As far as where I do my online family research, I've been using www.ancestry.com on a free 2 week pass. Otherwise I camp out at a county historical society library or go to the state archives. The software I get from the Mormons is at www.familysearch.org. You can also do free research on that site too. There are many other places on the net with info but I haven't researched in a few years so I'm not sure what's available now. You just have to be wary of some of the things people have submitted to those sites. I prefer to work only with census and other original scanned documents online.

Tneah: So happy to hear of your latest report with Mr Trainer Man. I promise I won't tell him that you've been tweaking his diet a bit. It seems to me that it's working for you! Have fun with all that cardio.

Deb: So glad to hear from you again. I was getting worried. Give little Clancy a big hug for me, k? You take care too!

Robin: If you eat beans, you have to own a dog. They take all the blame.

Shelley: Shoveling counts for a workout, both cardio and upper body. You've spent a lot of time shoveling this year, haven't you?

Shannon: Now that you are done your editing, can you come to DE and help me? We're drowning in work and now one of my colleagues just put in his notice.

Lainie: It's cool that you have someone famous in your family. All I seem to find is scandal. It seems to me that the first child frequently arrives less than 9 months after the marriage. I've found that over and over. Even my grandmother! Yikes! One of my GGGGGrandmothers in the colonial days got tossed out of her Quaker Meeting for 'unchaste conduct'.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.